Home Precious Metals
Options

silver breaking down?

13»

Comments

• Options
    OPAOPA Posts: 17,104 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>$26.15 did not hold, so there's a possibility we could see $20 silver soon. >>

And the only silver products that are not lower? You guessed it...US Mint. image
    "Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • Options
    bronco2078bronco2078 Posts: 9,964 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>"The magnitude of today’s technical damage is beyond words. It will take a lot to recover from today’s LIQUIDATION event." >>

Well I think they are talking about paper though in that article. For instance "why didn’t this guy go on KWN at the start of April and tell everyone to sell their gold to buy it back later for cheaper?"

Thats fine for paper where you can press a button but its stupid advice for a stacker. I would never sell physical at 1600 just so I could buy back at 1500 .

You don't actually make any money doing that because you have transaction costs and possible tax implications. Flippers might do that I suppose .

I'm a stacker I view pullbacks as a potential buy .
  • Options
    BaleyBaley Posts: 22,658 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>i don't expect to see 26. >>

I hope you are right! image >>

I've been wrong many times before. >>

We all have been wrong many times before, and will be again.

Do you expect to see 24?

Liberty: Parent of Science & Industry

• Options
    cohodkcohodk Posts: 18,632 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>"The magnitude of today’s technical damage is beyond words. It will take a lot to recover from today’s LIQUIDATION event." >>

I don't know who this guy is but I like him. He calls a spade a spade much more bluntly than I.

The hype surrounding PMs is at times on par with that of many internet stocks I heard years ago.

But at least PMs won't go to zero. image
    Excuses are tools of the ignorant

Knowledge is the enemy of fear

• Options
    New lows coming for paper silver? Sure feels like it.
  • Options

<< <i>New lows coming for paper silver? Sure feels like it. >>

New lows are here for silver. The "knife" continues to fall.
  • Options

<< <i>

I don't know who this guy is but I like him. He calls a spade a spade much more bluntly than I.

The hype surrounding PMs is at times on par with that of many internet stocks I heard years ago.

But at least PMs won't go to zero. image >>

I especially like this sentence from his last paragraph.. to quote:

"I will not stop exposing these frauds who are trying to keep people believing the fantasies and lies associated with the world of physical gold and silver ownership. Too many people have seen their finances crushed because they continued to drink the kool-aid that these “knowledgeable” people fed them."
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

But at least PMs won't go to zero. image >>

"I will not stop exposing these frauds who are trying to keep people believing the fantasies and lies associated with the world of physical gold and silver ownership. Too many people have seen their finances crushed because they continued to drink the kool-aid that these “knowledgeable” people fed them." >>

he isnt speaking about King news and Sinclair is heimage
    UCSB Electrical Engineering....... USCG and NASA
  • Options

<< <i>
    he isnt speaking about King news and Sinclair is heimage >>

The dude has a personal vendetta against those two especially.

I think in one of his posts he said that King threatened to sue him for hot linking his site.
  • Options
    silver breaking down?

• Options

• Options
    DeepCoinDeepCoin Posts: 2,781 ✭✭✭
    I think the next significant event will be related to Congress managing to put together a bi-partisan budget and avoiding a crises with regard to the debt ceiling early next year. That and employment / tapering related decisions will be the main driver IMHO. I think the rest will just be noise in the channel until those events transpire in whatever direction they take.
    Retired United States Mint guy, now working on an Everyman Type Set.
  • Options
    VanHalenVanHalen Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Monster boxes for $8k coming soon?
  • Options
    jdimmickjdimmick Posts: 9,605 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just paid 11955 for a box for some dealers, had two flea market dealers pester me to death about getting them one to split, I told them to wait. But no, they didn't listen, now they are stuck in 23.91 eagles that haven't even made delivery yet.

• Options
    DeepCoinDeepCoin Posts: 2,781 ✭✭✭
    I think silver pulling back is actually good for coins dealers. The demand for SAEs as a collectable are much greater around the $20 mark than $30. Many buy them for others, especially children in the family for holiday gifts, but once the price gets over $25, they turn to other things. This is particularly true for the proof SAEs.

Bullion dealers live on the spread, so less volatility is better for them IMHO.
    Retired United States Mint guy, now working on an Everyman Type Set.
  • Options

<< <i>I just paid 11955 for a box for some dealers, had two flea market dealers pester me to death about getting them one to split, I told them to wait. But no, they didn't listen, now they are stuck in 23.91 eagles that haven't even made delivery yet. >>

The market wont be healthy again until the little fish are fried.

• Options
    DoubleEagle59DoubleEagle59 Posts: 8,201 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>New lows coming for paper silver? Sure feels like it. >>

New lows are here for silver. The "knife" continues to fall. >>

As long as the knife is made of silver, I'll keep trying to catch it.
    "Gold is money, and nothing else" (JP Morgan, 1912)

"“Those who sacrifice liberty for security/safety deserve neither.“(Benjamin Franklin)

"I only golf on days that end in 'Y'" (DE59)
  • Options

<< <i>Monster boxes for $8k coming soon? >>

Yep

• Options

Since it's been almost exactly 4 years.

• Options
    ChrisRxChrisRx Posts: 5,619 ✭✭✭✭

Ouch. Painful to watch.

But it goes to show that Dave has one of the more leveled heads when it comes to the PM market.

• Options
    1630Boston1630Boston Posts: 13,772 ✭✭✭✭✭

Interesting glimpse at recent history. :smile:
    Thanks for bumping it.

Successful transactions with : MICHAELDIXON, Manorcourtman, Bochiman, bolivarshagnasty, AUandAG, onlyroosies, chumley, Weiss, jdimmick, BAJJERFAN, gene1978, TJM965, Smittys, GRANDAM, JTHawaii, mainejoe, softparade, derryb

Bad transactions with : nobody to date

• Options

@OPA said:
    << <i>

But at least PMs won't go to zero. >>

"I will not stop exposing these frauds who are trying to keep people believing the fantasies and lies associated with the world of physical gold and silver ownership. Too many people have seen their finances crushed because they continued to drink the kool-aid that these “knowledgeable” people fed them."

Too bad the original blog post has been deleted, but at least a portion of it was saved.

Also too bad those that have cried manipulation for so long and have "open eyes" haven't seen their own manipulation.

• Options

@derryb said:
    << <i>The dollar index is going to 100. >>

Not any time soon, FOMC will not let it happen. I actually expect them to knock it down to bring up gold to slow the flood of gold to the east.

Dollar index did indeed hit 100.....went from 83 to 100 over next 22 months....while silver dropped from 24 to 14 over same time. Gold dropped 35%.

• Options
    jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,393 ✭✭✭✭✭

Talk of a "falling knife" and denial of manipulation are the usual tactics employed by the manipulators. Hearing the same thing gets tedious after awhile, but people tend to believe something when they hear it repeated often enough.

The fact that there is so much effort put into keeping would-be buyers away from physical metals and to direct funds into the stock markets and into "professional management" helps to obscure the main reason for buying metals.

Control over your own stuff and distrust of the system is absolutely ** THE** issue. Why the distrust? Do you really have to ask? How many frauds have been perpetrated in the financial system by the professional managers in the past 20-30 years? A review would take hours and hours. History does repeat - way too often it seems.

To equate the stock market performance vs. precious metals is a bogus argument. They aren't the same thing. The financial system is a massive complex, consisting of interrelated parts designed to achieve profits for the operators and not for individual investors.

The whole financial complex is totally supported these days primarily by money creation "out of nothingness" to support massive deficit spending by the politicians and to enrich the finance industries. It's an unsustainable model, and that's been proven every time money creation has run amok, like now.

The whole point of manipulation is to scare buyers away by damaging their finances if possible. Living within the framework of the precious metals manipulation is fairly easy if you don't play too much with paper or leverage and have the foresight to average into a physical position over time by budgeting purchases within a savings plan.

Buying "on the way down" is less stressful than trying to perfectly time the bottom and before you know it, you have an accumulation at a decent low cost basis that really can't be assailed by manipulation. Along the way, you get to be called dumb, ignorant and stupid while the stock market continues to be pumped up.

On the other hand, when the metals have been rising awhile and you have all kinds of unrealized profits, you'll feel quite intelligent and brilliant in your foresight. Especially when stocks tank, which they will.

There is a "somewhere in between" these two situations. It's called everyday life.

In the final analysis, trust yourself. You'll be better off.

Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.
  • Options
    carew4mecarew4me Posts: 3,465 ✭✭✭✭

Going through old year books to shame us all?

Loves me some shiny!
  • Options

@carew4me said:

Not all, but only the usual suspects ;)

• Options

@carew4me said:

You were warned. Lol

• Options

Talk of a "falling knife" and denial of manipulation are the usual tactics employed by the manipulators. Hearing the same thing gets tedious after awhile, but people tend to believe something when they hear it repeated often enough

Your brain is so squeaky clean.

• Options
    jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,393 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 9, 2018 4:42PM

Tell me that you deny the manipulation when JPM has paid fines for exactly that.

Your brain is so squeaky clean.

Lol, I've never heard that one before. :)

Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.