Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Name a coin/token/medal on your to get list!

NumisOxideNumisOxide Posts: 10,989 ✭✭✭✭✭
I'll start.

1837 Half Cent token, HT-73

Comments

• Options
    CoinosaurusCoinosaurus Posts: 9,615 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anything related to Christian Gobrecht tokens, medals, or engravings (except for the modern schlock which is abundant). I thought I had it all, and then Pistareen humbled me image
  • Options
    1865 Three Cent Silver (Trime) buisness strke
    I am interested in 1861-1865 U.S. Coins.
  • Options
    ambro51ambro51 Posts: 13,611 ✭✭✭✭✭
    1837 Feuchtwanger Three Cent NY Shield HT 262. NGCMS61 ex Wayte Raymond JJ Ford. The finest example of this variety strike wise and the one I need to complete the pedigreed set of 3C.
  • Options
    BroadstruckBroadstruck Posts: 30,497 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I'll start. 1837 Half Cent token, HT-73 >>

Without being tortured I'll just say there's a Rarity-6 1837 token that's been on my hot list for 5 years in UNC... Since then only 3 low grade corroded examples have come to market image

1837 Half Cent of Pure Copper HT-73 / Low-49

Here's a token that I had written off as I didn't think a fully struck example existed and I wasn't eager to own a crude mushy strike. Normally on everything from the shield up is just a blob of copper with a dent for what's supposed to resemble and eye and same with the claws. My images do not do it justice as this early die stage also has fully proof like fields on the obverse and semi proof like reverse fields. Along with being the best struck example it was also neat to see it was pedigreed to Miller and Litman who formed two of the top collections of HTT's. So on a provenance coolness factor Charles Litman purchased Donald Miller's collection and Donald Miller with the aid of Alexander Dupont purchased George Tilden's collection so this token is traceable to the turn of the century. Meaningless to most all of you but I thought it was a neat bonus as I didn't pay for the pedigree... Just the strike.

To Err Is Human.... To Collect Err's Is Just Too Much Darn Tootin Fun!
  • Options
    BoosibriBoosibri Posts: 11,876 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Need an original 1842-D LDLL $5!
  • Options
    OOhhhhhhhhhh.

I need, I mean NEED, a elongated dime from the 1939 NYWF. Slides, color home movies, bits of buildings and exhibits, Bel Geddes, Binder...I got. I have been looking for a stretched 10C for over 20 years!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Eric

magikbilly@yahoo.com
  • Options
    BillJonesBillJones Posts: 33,486 ✭✭✭✭✭
    1838-C half eagle
    Retired dealer and avid collector of U.S. type coins, 19th century presidential campaign medalets and selected medals. In recent years I have been working on a set of British coins - at least one coin from each king or queen who issued pieces that are collectible. I am also collecting at least one coin for each Roman emperor from Julius Caesar to ... ?
  • Options
    nutmegnutmeg Posts: 345 ✭✭
    1895-O Barber dime
  • Options
    rawmorganrawmorgan Posts: 618 ✭✭✭
    1893 - S morgan, XF
    Lesher Referendum Dollar
  • Options
    StaircoinsStaircoins Posts: 2,565 ✭✭✭

<-----------------

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    A Weiner Cathedral medal....Cheers, RickO
  • Options
    FlatwoodsFlatwoods Posts: 4,122 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cathedral of St. Peter and St. Paul Completion Medal, 1864. by Paquet
  • Options
    RYKRYK Posts: 35,789 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 43,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just a few EACs ... and they're cost prohibitive. One small incuse gold which doesn't have priority at the moment since business does. In light of that, I need a roll of 2009 P & D Nickels and a worn out '32 S Washington that isn't cost prohibitive.
  • Options
    SonorandesertratSonorandesertrat Posts: 5,695 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Washington/Franklin Sansom medal (U.S. mint, by John Reich, '1783' but actually ca. 1805)
    Member: EAC, NBS, C4, CWTS, ANA

RMR: 'Wer, wenn ich schriee, hörte mich denn aus der Engel Ordnungen?'

CJ: 'No one!' [Ain't no angels in the coin biz]
  • Options
    AnkurJAnkurJ Posts: 11,366 ✭✭✭✭
    Silver libertas
    VF chain cent
    All coins kept in bank vaults.
    PCGS Registries
    Box of 20
    SeaEagleCoins: 11/14/54-4/5/12. Miss you Larry!
  • Options
    sparky64sparky64 Posts: 7,026 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Really would like a Seated Liberty & Trade Dollar.
    I've been wanting them for far too long and need to quit squandering resources on lesser coins.

"If I say something in the woods and my wife isn't there to hear it.....am I still wrong?"

My Washington Quarter Registry set...in progress

• Options
    coindeucecoindeuce Posts: 13,472 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I recently had a Thomas Elder piece pass through my hands, an About Uncirculated copper example of the 39 mm "Perseverando Dollar" listed by Hibler & Kaplan as HK-863c (DeLorey - Dickeson 5). The symbolism of the design is spectacular, in utilizing the design originally carried on the 6 Dollar denomination of Continental Currency from 1775-1778. I hope to purchase it soon. image

"Everything is on its way to somewhere. Everything." - George Malley, Phenomenon
    http://www.americanlegacycoins.com

• Options
    CoinspongeCoinsponge Posts: 3,927 ✭✭✭
    I am with you staircoins. Probably out of my reach though at this time.
    Gold and silver are valuable but wisdom is priceless.
  • Options
    edix2001edix2001 Posts: 3,388
    Any tiny little silver Lafayette Coin Club medalet that I don't have (and lots others by Charles D. Arceneaux.)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file