Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Group Sub is CANCELED!

Due to the short time constraints and the March PSA special of $5.50 per card, the group submission to PSA is going to be cancelled. Several people have stated to me that its just not enough time and without them we will be no where near 1,500 cards. I'm sorry to have to do this to everybody but wanted to get this out asap to save time for everybody. I really appreciate the chance and confidence that MOST of you guys showed me, but with the tight deadline I just don't want to have any errors or lost cards.

To all the few people who doubted me why don't you just contact me directly and I would prove to you my integrity and honesty.

I look forward to potentially doing this at a later date when time constraints aren't as tight. Again if anybody is going to the Chicago Sun Times show on Saturday March 23 and want to meet and just talk cards and put a face to a user name I will be there. Look for me at the PSA table right at 10 am subbing about 300 cards.

Thank You again and sorry that I couldn't make this happen.

Scott Chapko
Buying 75 Topps Reg. Size PSA 9
1975 Topps Registry Set "Scott's 75 Topps Set"

Comments

• Options
    Afternoon,

I would be in for 100-200.

Neil
    Actually Collect Non Sport, but am just so full of myself I post all over the place !!!!!!!
  • Options
    Hi Scott,

I would be in for 50.

John
    Lawrence Taylor #1 Basic/Master
    1993 Pro Set Power All-Power-Defense Gold #1
  • Options
    BigRed7BigRed7 Posts: 245 ✭✭✭
    I'd be in for 50
  • Options
    bighurt2000bighurt2000 Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭
    Hello.

I would be in for 200-300

James
  • Options
    ROCKDJRWROCKDJRW Posts: 1,330 ✭✭✭
    Not a huge order but I would be in for 15-20
    Collect Ozzie Guillen Cards
    Unique Chicago Cards
    Wrestling Cards
  • Options
    tsalems1tsalems1 Posts: 3,373 ✭✭✭
    I would be in for 500 if we were able to ship them to PSA ourselves?
    www.OPCBASEBALL.com

Email: OPCBASEBALL@YAHOO.COM

Follow OPCBASEBALL.COM on Facebook
  • Options
    schapkoschapko Posts: 341 ✭✭
    I doubt that individual orders could be shipped separately. This was the case last group sub. I understand your potential unwillingness to send so many cards to someone you have never met, but most likely this would be the only way to get the bulk discount. I can provide references of other forum members that I have done business with and provide my phone number and email address to talk directly to people.

Scott
  • Options
    Could we submit cards that are older than 1955? I would be in for some. I have some w517 1931. Thanks

• Options

<< <i>Could we submit cards that are older than 1955? I would be in for some. I have some w517 1931. Thanks >>

I would have to ask, but given that the last group sub didn't allow that, I would say that we should not count on it.
  • Options
    Afternoon,

I just checked and I would easily get towards the 150 range. Just a little suggestion..........................perhaps you could edit the title of this thread to something like "Potential Large Group Sub $4.50 Card Are You In?" Might get a few more lookers. Maybe start keeping a rough count in the first post, folks around here like running totals whatever it be image

Thanks and if this happens, thanks for getting this together!!!

Neilimage
    Actually Collect Non Sport, but am just so full of myself I post all over the place !!!!!!!
  • Options
    blee1blee1 Posts: 713 ✭✭✭
    I would have 50-100.
    Skips PSA Exchange
    Successful transactions with: yankeeno7, raiderguy10, Beck6, CDsNuts, DaveP01, Dboneesq, Elemenopeo, gameusedhoop, georgebailey2, Goldlabels, gstarling, justmichael, etc

Working on.........
    Tony Dorsett Master Set
    1977 Topps Mexican FB (raw)
    1957 Topps FB Set (raw or graded)
  • Options
    eagles33eagles33 Posts: 2,678 ✭✭✭
    I would be in for a few. 10-20. Not sure if that's to few
    Scans of most of my Misc rookies can be found <a target=new class=ftalternatingbarlinklarge href="http://forums.collectors.com/m...y&keyword1=Non%20major">here
  • Options
    initialDinitialD Posts: 1,624 ✭✭✭
    I would be in for 50-100
  • Options
    I would be in for 15-25 if a small amount is allowed.
  • Options
    GoDodgersFanGoDodgersFan Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭
    Hi Scott,

Count me in for 30-40.

Thanks,

Tom
  • Options
    Beck6Beck6 Posts: 1,038 ✭✭✭
    I would be good for about 50
    Registry Sets:
    T222's PSA 1 or better
  • Options
    I would be in for 10-20.
  • Options
    oddityoddity Posts: 124 ✭✭

I'm in for a whopping 10.

• Options
    See OP for numbers and updates to this thread. I would like to have at least 1500 cards committed before I call PSA.
  • Options
    jackstrawjackstraw Posts: 3,750 ✭✭✭
    I would be in for 20 cards..
    Collector Focus

ON ITS WAY TO NEWPORT BEACH, CA 92658
  • Options
    ldfergldferg Posts: 6,739 ✭✭✭
    I will do 20-25.

Thanks,

David (LD_Ferg)

1985 Topps Football (starting in psa 8) - #9 - started 05/21/06
  • Options
    I would be in for 10.

Thank you for doing this!

• Options
    gregm13gregm13 Posts: 5,798 ✭✭✭
    I would be in for 50 to 100.

Thanks

Greg M.
    Collecting vintage auto'd fb cards and Dan Marino cards!!

References:
    Onlychild, Ahmanfan, fabfrank, wufdude, jradke, Reese, Jasp, thenavarro
    E-Bay id: greg_n_meg
  • Options
    54topps54topps Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭
    If there is still room I'd be in for at least 100-125.
  • Options
    SethroSethro Posts: 671 ✭✭
    I'd be in for around 40-50.
    Positive transactions: Bighurt2000 - DavidPuddy - ShootyBabitt - Bosox1976 - LarryP - Captainthreeputt - Tedw9 - aconte -EAsports -Johnsteph10 -hhmag70 - depcs - TheThrill22 - scotgreb - longtimemetsfan - cadets68 - augustaman - mcholke - miconelegacy
  • Options
    recbballrecbball Posts: 1,520 ✭✭✭
    I'd be in for 20.
  • Options
    Hey Guys,
    I'd be in for 20 or so. Joe
  • Options
    AricAric Posts: 757 ✭✭
    I would be in for 20-30. Can we hand deliver the cards to you at the show?
  • Options
    can we submit 48 and 49 Bowman cards? If so, I'd be in for 10 or so.
  • Options

<< <i>can we submit 48 and 49 Bowman cards? If so, I'd be in for 10 or so. >>

Most likely no. It will most likely be limited to 1956 and newer.
  • Options

<< <i>I would be in for 20-30. Can we hand deliver the cards to you at the show? >>

Yes. I will be there about an hour before the doors open on Saturday waiting in line and going directly to the PSA booth as soon as they open. The booth gets pretty nuts by about 10 minutes after opening. I will need the lists of the exact cards that you will be submitting however. I will get a template of a list from the last group sub later when I have a rate confirmed.

• Options

<< <i>

<< <i>can we submit 48 and 49 Bowman cards? If so, I'd be in for 10 or so. >>

Most likely no. It will most likely be limited to 1956 and newer. >>

I'd still be in for about ten then.
  • Options
    Loyalty32Loyalty32 Posts: 497 ✭✭✭
    schapko - It's not much, but I have at least 5 that I would like to submit.

Thanks
    Craig
  • Options
    slum22slum22 Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭✭
    I would be interested in the group sub if there is space available. I have to count them up but I would have at least 10 cards to send in, perhaps more. I didn't see this as covered in the link posted. Would cards trying to be crossed over be allowed as part of this sub. That is, if I have some BGS graded cards I wanted to have switched to PSA grades, could I send those in as part of this sub? Please let me know if I am in for this. Thanks for setting this up.
    Steve
  • Options
    thekid8thekid8 Posts: 1,495 ✭✭✭
    If there is space - I would like to get in for 10
    Thanks
    Mike
    Gary Carter Fans check out www.thekid8.com

• Options

<< <i>I would be interested in the group sub if there is space available. I have to count them up but I would have at least 10 cards to send in, perhaps more. I didn't see this as covered in the link posted. Would cards trying to be crossed over be allowed as part of this sub. That is, if I have some BGS graded cards I wanted to have switched to PSA grades, could I send those in as part of this sub? Please let me know if I am in for this. Thanks for setting this up. >>

Not sure about that. I will ask once I am able to lock a rate down.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>I would be interested in the group sub if there is space available. I have to count them up but I would have at least 10 cards to send in, perhaps more. I didn't see this as covered in the link posted. Would cards trying to be crossed over be allowed as part of this sub. That is, if I have some BGS graded cards I wanted to have switched to PSA grades, could I send those in as part of this sub? Please let me know if I am in for this. Thanks for setting this up. >>

Not sure about that. I will ask once I am able to lock a rate down. >>

As a General rule crossovers have to be a seperate sub, doubt they are going to allow that.

Neil
  • Options
    TNP777TNP777 Posts: 5,711 ✭✭✭
    I would like to jump in with 10-15 pieces.
  • Options
    I would be in for 15 for 1956 and newer. If it was for older cards it would be closer to 50.
  • Options
    MrGMrG Posts: 620 ✭✭✭
    I would be in for another 200-250.

Thanks,
    MrG
    Michael Gaytan (MrG)
    TGF Collection
    TGF Sports
  • Options
    Morning,

You've got me down twice, but even with taking my dup out, rough a tough I count about 1700-1800. If I were you, I would tell PSA we have 2000 cards, we should be able to get that extra 200 within a day or two (I'll probably have a few more) and get a price break at the 2000 number, hopefully to $4.50 to $4.75 card. Good luck with your phone call and keep us posted.

Thanks

Neil
    thedutymon
  • Options
    Why do these group subs always roll around when Im broke?image
    I dont wanna grow up, Im a Toys-R-Us kid!
  • Options
    I would be interested with 50 cards to submit. Thanks
  • Options
    ToadManToadMan Posts: 219 ✭✭
    I'd be good for 10. This would be my first submission. When looking at the value of under $100, is it looking for pre-submission? I have a '77 Andre Dawson, '75 Brett and Yount, and a poor '60 Yastrzemski.
    Thanks
  • Options
    I would be in for about 20 cards.
  • Options
    epatmythesepatmythes Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭
    If you can get a sub $5.00 rate, I'd be in for 75-100
  • Options
    burke23burke23 Posts: 1,477 ✭✭✭
    I would do 5-10 if ok - if not I can pm someone who has more to see if I can piggyback with them on it.
    Looking for rare Randy Moss rookies and autos, as well as '97 PMG Red Football cards for my set.
  • Options
    I would be in for about 50.
    Currently Buying:
    2004 Tommie Harris SPX Printing Plate (White Whale will pay top $$$)
    1994 SP Football Die Cuts PSA 10s
  • Options
    Morning,

Did you call PSA ?

Thanks

Neil
  • Options
    alifaxwa2alifaxwa2 Posts: 3,097 ✭✭✭
    possibly in for a couple.
    Looking to have some custom cuts or plain custom cards built? PM me.

Commissions

Check out my Facebook page