Did you call PSA ?

Thanks

Neil >>

Calling in about an hour.
    Buying 75 Topps Reg. Size PSA 9
    1975 Topps Registry Set "Scott's 75 Topps Set"
  • Options
    StatmanStatman Posts: 597 ✭✭✭
    I sent a PM, but I'm in for 40-50 if we can get $5 or less. Thanks for setting this up.

Andrew
  • Options
    schapkoschapko Posts: 341 ✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Morning,

Did you call PSA ?

Thanks

Neil >>

Calling in about an hour. >>

I called but they require an email. Sent the email and am waiting for a response. Sonya @ PSA indicated most likely between $5.00 and $5.50 per card but said the high ups will make a final decision on pricing. In the email I requested a similar rate to the last sub of $4.50. My guess is that they will do $5.00 but you never know.
  • Options
    burke23burke23 Posts: 1,477 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>Morning,

Did you call PSA ?

Thanks

Neil >>

I called but they require an email. Sent the email and am waiting for a response. Sonya @ PSA indicated most likely between $5.00 and $5.50 per card but said the high ups will make a final decision on pricing. In the email I requested a similar rate to the last sub of $4.50. My guess is that they will do $5.00 but you never know. >>

Wow - $5.50 on a 2,000 card sub would be crazy. When was the last time they had a sub-$5 special anyway?
    Looking for rare Randy Moss rookies and autos, as well as '97 PMG Red Football cards for my set.
  • Options
    [q

Wow - $5.50 on a 2,000 card sub would be crazy. When was the last time they had a sub-$5 special anyway? >>

Last Fall, if they come back with $5.50 I'm sure that will put the kebosh on this........I know it will for me. $5 I'm in, anymore I'm out! So do they want a $10,000 order or None!

I would think that's a real easy choice, at least from a Business point of view, but you never know!

Neil
    Actually Collect Non Sport, but am just so full of myself I post all over the place !!!!!!!
  • Options

<< <i>

Wow - $5.50 on a 2,000 card sub would be crazy. When was the last time they had a sub-$5 special anyway? >>

Last Fall, if they come back with $5.50 I'm sure that will put the kebosh on this........I know it will for me. $5 I'm in, anymore I'm out! So do they want a $10,000 order or None!

I would think that's a real easy choice, at least from a Business point of view, but you never know!

Neil
    Actually Collect Non Sport, but am just so full of myself I post all over the place !!!!!!!
  • Options
    epatmythesepatmythes Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>Morning,

Did you call PSA ?

Thanks

Neil >>

I called but they require an email. Sent the email and am waiting for a response. Sonya @ PSA indicated most likely between $5.00 and $5.50 per card but said the high ups will make a final decision on pricing. In the email I requested a similar rate to the last sub of $4.50. My guess is that they will do $5.00 but you never know. >>

I could swear there was one month earlier last year that had a $4.75 special... the only concrete one I can find though is $4.75 in November of 2011. That was an easy one to remember, it was the last time waited as a non-member and then re-upped.
  • Options
    miwlvrnmiwlvrn Posts: 4,228 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If it is $4.50, I've got about 200 or so to add, but I'm out at $5 & up for now.
  • Options
    StoogeStooge Posts: 4,650 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My friend Keith and I have about 25-50 each.

PM sent.

Paul.

Later, Paul.
  • Options
    I would be in for about 20-25.
  • Options
    xbaggypantsxbaggypants Posts: 2,185 ✭✭✭
    I'd be in for 5...maybe 10
  • Options
    vladguerrerovladguerrero Posts: 4,077 ✭✭✭
    0, thanks for putting this together
  • Options
    totallyraddtotallyradd Posts: 928 ✭✭✭
    I'd prolly be in for 30-40.
  • Options
    I would do 40 cards.

Pete
  • Options
    No comment.
  • Options
    Not concerned in the least. I appreciate the time and effort Scott is taking to put this group sub together.

John
    Lawrence Taylor #1 Basic/Master
    1993 Pro Set Power All-Power-Defense Gold #1
  • Options
    Would this sub include items that fit in the tallboy holder too or just standard?
  • Options

<< <i>Would this sub include items that fit in the tallboy holder too or just standard? >>

It would only include standard holders.

I'm still waiting to hear back from PSA regarding the rate.
  • Options

<< <i>No comment. >>

You know if anybody has any concerns about my honesty or integrity then just don't submit cards. I'm taking a good amount of time to organize this along with working 50 hours/week and razing a four year old to worry about that.

If anybody has any concerns with me please feel free to give me a call or email me.

Scott Chapko
    schapko at wi dot rr dot com
    four 1 four 7 zero 4 three 6 four 1
  • Options
    schapko,
    In response to your PM, give me a little time this evening and I will send you the spreadsheet template I used to run my bulk sub. Other than requesting people get their items to you ASAP and making sure you have more than enough cards to meet the quota, assuming maybe a 25% rate of people not following through, and you should be fine. The biggest thing I would be worried about is not getting the cards on time. Believe it or not, a month is not much time for people to get together a large sub and get it shipped. With the exception of jradke's monster order of 900 cards, I double-checked each order I received and did find quite a few mistakes. I would do that as you receive the cards and update the spreadsheet as you go along. Continue to update people with the progress and everything should go very smoothly.

I wish you the best of luck and hope these bulk subs become a regular occurrence!

Kevin
    I collect PSA 10 Cal Ripken, Jr. cards.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>No comment. >>

You know if anybody has any concerns about my honesty or integrity then just don't submit cards. I'm taking a good amount of time to organize this along with working 50 hours/week and razing a four year old to worry about that.

If anybody has any concerns with me please feel free to give me a call or email me.

Scott Chapko
    four 1 four 7 zero 4 three 6 four 1 >>

Don't worry guys, he is in Wisconsin. If need be I will hunt him down if something goes wrong image
  • Options
    backbidderbackbidder Posts: 232 ✭✭✭
    I would be in for 120-150 if it comes in under $5.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>No comment. >>

Scott Chapko

Don't worry guys, he is in Wisconsin. If need be I will hunt him down if something goes wrong image >>

I'll even post my address which can be verified on the internet and you guys can come and burn my house down!

Scott

ps hope you guys wouldn't do that :-)
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>No comment. >>

Scott Chapko

Don't worry guys, he is in Wisconsin. If need be I will hunt him down if something goes wrong image >>

I'll even post my address which can be verified on the internet and you guys can come and burn my house down!

Scott

ps hope you guys wouldn't do that :-) >>

Just messing with you buddy image
  • Options
    Evening,

Don't let the Natsaying Nellies got ya down, we're in, your good. But unless they (PSA) got back to you today and you just haven't a chance to update us yet, it is kinda disinheartning, I mean really, it takes Two days to make a descision about whether we want $10 K of Business....Wow!

Neil
  • Options

<< <i>Evening,

Don't let the Natsaying Nellies got ya down, we're in, your good. But unless they (PSA) got back to you today and you just haven't a chance to update us yet, it is kinda disinheartning, I mean really, it takes Two days to make a descision about whether we want $10 K of Business....Wow!

Neil >>

I got an email about three hours ago from "customer service" and they stated that they will let me know the rate at the beginning of next week. I asked them if they could speed it up because this is a lot to organize to turn in on March 23. So I guess as a note to everyone: Get your cards ready just in case. You will have to have them shipped absolutely no later than Saturday March 16 so they arrive absolutely no later than Thursday March 21. If everyone could get me cards earlier that would be great too.
  • Options
    Everybody,

I just got word back from PSA that they will do $5.00 per card. They said that is the lowest they can do even for 2,000 cards. I have an email back in to them stating that we may lose about 20-25% of the cards if they can't do $4.75 per card. I will let everyone know their response.

Scott
  • Options
    If you can swing $4.75 I would be in for about 400 cards so maybe that will push us over the edge?
  • Options
    I have 10 cards to add
  • Options
    Please see OP for new info!!!!!
  • Options
    oddityoddity Posts: 124 ✭✭

Recommitting for 10 cards!

• Options
    EchoCanyonEchoCanyon Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭
    I'm in for 20 - 25 cards
  • Options
    Hi Scott,

Still in for my 50.

Thanks,
    John
    Lawrence Taylor #1 Basic/Master
    1993 Pro Set Power All-Power-Defense Gold #1
  • Options
    totallyraddtotallyradd Posts: 928 ✭✭✭
    I didn't see my name added to the list on the first page. I'm in for 30-40 cards. I will go through them tonight and give you an exact number.

Thanks again for helping with all this.
  • Options
    ROCKDJRWROCKDJRW Posts: 1,330 ✭✭✭
    Still in for 15. Lets see if I can come up with more! Thanks for organizing.
    Collect Ozzie Guillen Cards
    Unique Chicago Cards
    Wrestling Cards
  • Options
    recommitting for 10.

Thanks Scott!

• Options
    What reason could there be for restricting the years to 1956 & newer? I wonder if they'd change that stipulation. I've got a couple hundred but most are 1900-1950... (and 25% of those are tallboy holder)
  • Options
    ToadManToadMan Posts: 219 ✭✭
    I'm still in for 10 and may try and find a few more.
  • Options
    SethroSethro Posts: 671 ✭✭
    I am still in for around 40 or 50, but I am going to double check tonight for a firm number! Thanks!
    Positive transactions: Bighurt2000 - DavidPuddy - ShootyBabitt - Bosox1976 - LarryP - Captainthreeputt - Tedw9 - aconte -EAsports -Johnsteph10 -hhmag70 - depcs - TheThrill22 - scotgreb - longtimemetsfan - cadets68 - augustaman - mcholke - miconelegacy
  • Options
    gregm13gregm13 Posts: 5,798 ✭✭✭
    I'll re-commit to between 75 and 80...thanks.

Greg M.
    Collecting vintage auto'd fb cards and Dan Marino cards!!

References:
    Onlychild, Ahmanfan, fabfrank, wufdude, jradke, Reese, Jasp, thenavarro
    E-Bay id: greg_n_meg
  • Options
    epatmythesepatmythes Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭
    PM sent
  • Options
    Evening,

I'm still in but will need some time this weekend to get an exact count, will PM you by Sunday, cards can be in the mail on Monday.

neil
  • Options
    StoogeStooge Posts: 4,650 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My friend Keith and I are committing to exactly 100 cards total. He will be sending his cards to me tomorrow and I will send all of them to you by Monday or Tuesday. Please send me a PM with your 411 and the price per card.

Thanks, Paul.

Later, Paul.
  • Options
    slum22slum22 Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭✭
    I am committing to at least the 10 I brought up initially. I may come up with more. I need to check my raw cards. Thanks for setting this up.
    Steve
  • Options
    ldfergldferg Posts: 6,739 ✭✭✭
    Upping my commitment to 30 if that helps any.

Thanks,

David (LD_Ferg)

1985 Topps Football (starting in psa 8) - #9 - started 05/21/06
  • Options
    im in with 20-25. thanks again
  • Options
    Please see original post for additional instructions.
  • Options
    Good morning,

Sorry to do this but the window is getting too small for me to be comfortable with this. I will respectively drop out.

Thanks anyway!

Neil
  • Options

<< <i>Good morning,

Sorry to do this but the window is getting too small for me to be comfortable with this. I will respectively drop out.

Thanks anyway!

Neil >>

Smart move. When in doubt...Drop Out! image