Comments

• Options
    Beck6Beck6 Posts: 1,038 ✭✭✭
    I unfortunately will need to drop out of this one. Sorry
    Registry Sets:
    T222's PSA 1 or better
  • Options
    blee1blee1 Posts: 713 ✭✭✭
    I'm away from home till the 11th. I can't get it done.
    Sorry
    Skips PSA Exchange
    Successful transactions with: yankeeno7, raiderguy10, Beck6, CDsNuts, DaveP01, Dboneesq, Elemenopeo, gameusedhoop, georgebailey2, Goldlabels, gstarling, justmichael, etc

Working on.........
    Tony Dorsett Master Set
    1977 Topps Mexican FB (raw)
    1957 Topps FB Set (raw or graded)
  • Options
    This is insane. Nobody knows this guy.

You're going to send your cash and cards to some unknown person just to save 50 cents per card?
  • Options
    schapkoschapko Posts: 341 ✭✭
    See OP. Group sub has been canceled.
    Buying 75 Topps Reg. Size PSA 9
    1975 Topps Registry Set "Scott's 75 Topps Set"
  • Options

<< <i>To all the few people who doubted me why don't you just contact me directly and I would prove to you my integrity and honesty. >>

Sorry but you have been here just over a year and have 100 posts to your name. People who have been here far longer have flaked out over way less. Call me paranoid but I would not have sent valuable cards to a complete stranger. Your mileage may vary!
  • Options
    backbidderbackbidder Posts: 232 ✭✭✭
    No worries here. Count me in for next time. Thanks for the attempt, Scott.
  • Options
    telephoto1telephoto1 Posts: 4,765 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>This is insane. Nobody knows this guy.

You're going to send your cash and cards to some unknown person just to save 50 cents per card? >>

+1. I knew card guys were cheap, but wow...

...and laying that aside, how does one keep accurate track of whose cards are whose, and is he willing to accept responsibility for them getting lost, misplaced, stolen? What a nightmare.

RIP Mom- 1932-2012
  • Options
    vladguerrerovladguerrero Posts: 4,077 ✭✭✭
    Can I get a refund?
  • Options
    Scott,

Thanks for trying to put the group sub together. I'd be on board if you want to do try another group sub in the future.

John
    Lawrence Taylor #1 Basic/Master
    1993 Pro Set Power All-Power-Defense Gold #1
  • Options

<< <i>

You're going to send your cash and cards to some unknown person just to save 50 cents per card? >>

...and laying that aside, how does one keep accurate track of whose cards are whose, and is he willing to accept responsibility for them getting lost, misplaced, stolen? What a nightmare. >>

Not a question of being cheap. To some guys saving a few hundred bucks on grading fees is substantial. Also it's not hard to do as it's been done by a few board members with no issues. I think the main issue is trusting someone who has not much of a track record here with thousands of dollars worth of cards.
  • Options
    AricAric Posts: 757 ✭✭
    Thanks for giving this a shot Scott. Don't sweat the people with concerns, there's so many shadeballs that come and go on this forum that its natural for people to have their guard up and for good reason.

I do really like your idea of dropping the sub off directly to PSA at a show. It obviously reduces cost by eliminating shipping to them but also reduces the risk slightly. I think we should try this again as group with the goal of subbing at the National in August. I'm thinking people who are attending the National could physically bring their cards with them, we could have a big group meet up, get the order together and then deliver them to PSA. It would be a great way to meet members and would reduce the risk of people losing their cards almost to nothing.

It would also give us plenty of time to hopefully negotiate a rate below $5.

What do you guys think?
  • Options
    schapkoschapko Posts: 341 ✭✭

<< <i>Thanks for giving this a shot Scott. Don't sweat the people with concerns, there's so many shadeballs that come and go on this forum that its natural for people to have their guard up and for good reason.

I do really like your idea of dropping the sub off directly to PSA at a show. It obviously reduces cost by eliminating shipping to them but also reduces the risk slightly. I think we should try this again as group with the goal of subbing at the National in August. I'm thinking people who are attending the National could physically bring their cards with them, we could have a big group meet up, get the order together and then deliver them to PSA. It would be a great way to meet members and would reduce the risk of people losing their cards almost to nothing.

It would also give us plenty of time to hopefully negotiate a rate below $5.

What do you guys think? >>

That is a great idea about the National. I'll be there, I just won't have many cards to have graded then, as I'm subbing about 300 for my 75 Topps registry set at the Sun Times show. But I'd be in for meeting up with some of the people on this forum.

What really killed the group sub is the $5.50 March special. At $5 per card group rate compared to $7 normal sub fee, it is a substantial savings if you have 50 or more cards, not to mention 300. I agree that at only $0.50 more I too would rather do the $5.50 rate if I was any one of you guys instead of submitting them to somebody you never met.
    Buying 75 Topps Reg. Size PSA 9
    1975 Topps Registry Set "Scott's 75 Topps Set"
  • Options
    Aric, great idea!
    Lawrence Taylor #1 Basic/Master
    1993 Pro Set Power All-Power-Defense Gold #1
  • Options
    telephoto1telephoto1 Posts: 4,765 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>

...and laying that aside, how does one keep accurate track of whose cards are whose, and is he willing to accept responsibility for them getting lost, misplaced, stolen? What a nightmare. >>

Not a question of being cheap. To some guys saving a few hundred bucks on grading fees is substantial. Also it's not hard to do as it's been done by a few board members with no issues. I think the main issue is trusting someone who has not much of a track record here with thousands of dollars worth of cards. >>

If it's not so hard to do then why not do it yourself? I know I wouldn't want that kind of responsibility for thousands of others' cards.

RIP Mom- 1932-2012
  • Options

<< <i>If it's not so hard to do then why not do it yourself? >>

Because I don't want to. That doesn't mean it's hard. It just means I didn't make the offer. For no other reason than the other 95% of board members who never ran one.