• Options
    llafoellafoe Posts: 7,220 ✭✭

<< <i>What did I miss? >>

By my calculations; 2 posts! image
    WANTED: Cincinnati Reds TEAM Cards
  • Options
    Got my packs today.
    image[/URL]

Not much star power in the football packs. Probably should have kept the '82 Rack with the Monk showing unopened. But I just can't help myself.
    image[/URL]

The '72 OPC was a bummer. Gum got three of the cards. One being a Munson.
    image[/URL]
    image[/URL]

Good luck to everyone else!
    Looking to buy/trade for any Holman Moody (NASCAR) related items you may have.
  • Options
    ClockworkAngelClockworkAngel Posts: 1,994 ✭✭✭
    Yup, that's typical of OPC and what makes them so difficult. You get 8 cards per pack, but figure 5 are going to even be salvagable.
    The Clockwork Angel Collection...brought to you by Bank of America, Wells Fargo, and Chase
    TheClockworkAngelCollection
  • Options
    I kinda anticipated there being gum stains on more than one card. There was a thread recently about OPC and Gum stains being an awful problem. Nice cards though.
  • Options
    baseballfanbaseballfan Posts: 5,452 ✭✭✭
    i'm looking for these cards to finish my sets if anyone has them i could trade similar or something else you may need

thanks
    fred

80 topps nrmt
    108-162-175-200-225-250-400-422-433-450

81 topps nrmt
    316-342-422-435

also looking for (2) 75 mini topps including the brett the other is listed below
    Fred

collecting RAW Topps baseball cards 1952 Highs to 1972. looking for collector grade (somewhere between psa 4-7 condition). let me know what you have, I'll take it, I want to finish sets, I must have something you can use for trade.

looking for Topps 71-72 hi's-62-53-54-55-59, I have these sets started

• Options
    How does BBCE send the orders? Signature needed or just delivery confirmation? Been awhile since my last break.
  • Options
    mknezmknez Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭
    My packs were delivered this morning.

------
    stupid print dots

• Options
    KremsKrems Posts: 347 ✭✭
    I just got my packs delivered to work this morning. I checked the rack packs and cello packs quick for stars. The 85 topps rack has Nolan Ryan on the bottom, nothing else really too noteworthy.
  • Options
    llafoellafoe Posts: 7,220 ✭✭
    Mine arrived today! image
    WANTED: Cincinnati Reds TEAM Cards
  • Options
    dtkk49adtkk49a Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭
    I thought there was no mail delivery today because of the holiday?? Did your packages not come via US Mail?
    Follow me - Cards_and_Coins on Instagram

They call me "Pack the Ripper"
  • Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,588 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I thought there was no mail delivery today because of the holiday?? Did your packages not come via US Mail? >>

UPS

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    I got mine today, too...will rip all the 80s packs with the exception of 1 82 Topps with Brett showing through the back. Will probably keep the 72s and the 75s sealed, and maybe
    sub 1 of the 72s, which were pretty nice. If anyone who missed out on the 75 minis wants to pick up 2 packs with free shipping, feel free to PM me.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    Oh!! Glad to hear UPS is delivering. So maybe mine will get here today. But I am in Cali, so who knows.
  • Options
    Will the UPS package need to be signed for?

• Options
    JustinsShoeboxJustinsShoebox Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Oh!! Glad to hear UPS is delivering. So maybe mine will get here today. But I am in Cali, so who knows. >>

Wouldn't bet on it if you're in Southern California. It always takes a week or longer for me to get a package from BBCE. I've tried shipping to Long Beach and Huntington Beach. Both experience the same delays. Hopefully you have better luck.

Justin
  • Options
    I opened all of my 81s and 83s, keeping 2 82s sealed, one with Brett showing through the back. The cards I pulled were really nice overall--I pulled a razor sharp Sandberg RC,
    a beautiful Lee Smith RC, and some very nice low pop commons from all 3 sets. Will post some scans.

• Options
    Will the UPS package need to be signed for?

Its more of a case by case scenario. Price or size of package is what could make the difference. A few packs, no - but if you order was a couple of hundred bucks, then more towards yes. I do know for a fact that they make you sign when you order a case of cards (and my package was only $140) so that's a scenario of when size of package came into play. If you wanna get a definte answer, just call BBCE or just wait. You'll find out one way or another.
  • Options
    Here's the Sandberg and Smith rookies, with an 83 Brett and some low pop commons from all 3 sets.

• Options
    The "vintage" unopened to remain sealed..

• Options
    epatmythesepatmythes Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭
    UPS Man just left... Here is my haul...

Only real visible star(s) is on of the 1982 Grocery Racks has Art Monk showing... it'll be ripped!

They'll all be ripped!

Time to rip!!!
  • Options
    my package also arrived today. we'll see when i get around to opening it lol

Tim, that Ryno is SHARP!
    Big Fan of: HOF Post War RC, Graded RCs
    WTB: PSA 1 - PSA 3 Centered, High Eye Appeal 1950's Mantle
  • Options
    epatmythesepatmythes Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭
    Well... that was uneventful. Absolutely nothing to write home about.

Best hit was a slightly OC 1983 Topps Willie McGee RC.

Quality of the cards in the 1982 Topps FB grocery racks was horrible... I guess 30 year old gum, wrapped tightly between cards in cellophane, with another layer of plactic wrapping... total recipe for disaster... LESSON LEARNED.

1985 Topps racks were bad for centering... and doubles. I think I had one card in all that was close to 50/50, and several cards I got 3 each of between 2 racks image

Perhaps the best "quality" ripping was the 84 Donruss... overall great condition and generally great centering. Will have to check the pops, because I know there are a bunch of 10-worthy cards in the 4 packs I busted.

Good luck to the rest of you... I certainly didn't take any of the big hits from you!

Until next time image
  • Options

<< <i>my package also arrived today. we'll see when i get around to opening it lol

Tim, that Ryno is SHARP! >>

Thanks, Eric! I'm not well versed with the grading nuances of the '83 Topps set, but this card has a shot at a PSA 10, imo..

• Options

<< <i>Well... that was uneventful. Absolutely nothing to write home about.

Best hit was a slightly OC 1983 Topps Willie McGee RC.

Quality of the cards in the 1982 Topps FB grocery racks was horrible... I guess 30 year old gum, wrapped tightly between cards in cellophane, with another layer of plactic wrapping... total recipe for disaster... LESSON LEARNED.

1985 Topps racks were bad for centering... and doubles. I think I had one card in all that was close to 50/50, and several cards I got 3 each of between 2 racks image

Perhaps the best "quality" ripping was the 84 Donruss... overall great condition and generally great centering. Will have to check the pops, because I know there are a bunch of 10-worthy cards in the 4 packs I busted.

Good luck to the rest of you... I certainly didn't take any of the big hits from you!

Until next time image >>

How were the '81 FB cellos?

• Options

<< <i>

<< <i>my package also arrived today. we'll see when i get around to opening it lol

Tim, that Ryno is SHARP! >>

Thanks, Eric! I'm not well versed with the grading nuances of the '83 Topps set, but this card has a shot at a PSA 10, imo.. >>

I've had a few 1983 Topps Sandberg 10s pop in my submissions before. That one looks really nice, Tim! Colors look real bright. As long as the corners are sharp and the back is clean, I think you'll do well there!

Justin
  • Options
    Just when I thought my package would not arrive today, the door bell rang ! The 85 Rack has Winfield and Sutter on the front, so I will leave that unopened.
    Will start the ripping after dinner ! Bought a Sam Smith's Organic Chocolate to enjoy while ripping.

• Options
    aconteaconte Posts: 2,054 ✭✭✭
    Grote,

Sweet Ryne Sandberg!! Congrats on that score.

aconte
  • Options
    vladguerrerovladguerrero Posts: 4,077 ✭✭✭
    GOT MY VIDEO CAMERA READY, MICROPHONE ON SILENT AND I'M READY TO GO!

• Options

<< <i>Here's the Sandberg and Smith rookies, with an 83 Brett and some low pop commons from all 3 sets.

image >>

Looks like a really nice sandberg. Seems to be slightly on the low side though. You agree?
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>Here's the Sandberg and Smith rookies, with an 83 Brett and some low pop commons from all 3 sets.

image >>

Looks like a really nice sandberg. Seems to be slightly on the low side though. You agree? >>

It may be, but appears to within 60/40 parameters for a gem mint grade. I'm going to give it a shot. It's
    at least a solid 9 in any case.

• Options
    Grote, that sure is a beauty but I'm leaning more towards the solid 9 side. Regardless, you send it in and you will make a profit but of course we both know a 10 can bring you back easily $300 as oppose to about $25 with the 9. Crazy difference a 10 can make. Good luck and keep us posted with this one.

Edit: The one below is my 9 and this thing has crazy sharp corners too. I really believe I's staring at a 10. Sure, there's a tad bit more bottom than top but like you mentioned, this things falls within the 10 perimeters. I'm heavily considering having them looking at it again.

• Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

image >>

Looks like a really nice sandberg. Seems to be slightly on the low side though. You agree? >>

It may be, but appears to within 60/40 parameters for a gem mint grade. I'm going to give it a shot. It's
    at least a solid 9 in any case. >>

Ok. Very possible. I dont know how to make that determination. I just assume if I can see it just by looking at it, then its likely a 9 or less. LOL
  • Options

<< <i>Grote, that sure is a beauty but I'm leaning more towards the solid 9 side. Regardless, you send it in and you will make a profit but of course we both know a 10 can bring you back easily $300 as oppose to about $25 with the 9. Crazy difference a 10 can make. Good luck and keep us posted with this one. >>

Thanks, I will do so. I'm going to include it in a small sub at the end of the month. As crazy as that difference is, can you imagine the difference
    in the 80 Henderson--$300 in PSA 9 and maybe 10K in PSA 10!

• Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

image >>

Even if it's a tad low, I've seen cards that present very well, with colors that stand out like that get the pass. Will certainly depend on the grader with this one.

Justin
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>

image >>

Even if it's a tad low, I've seen cards that present very well, with colors that stand out like that get the pass. Will certainly depend on the grader with this one.

Justin >>

Thanks, Justin! I'm hoping the grader will be in a good mood and that my cards are graded on a Friday afternoon, LOL..

• Options
    cincyredlegscincyredlegs Posts: 2,032 ✭✭✭
    Tim, nice hit on the Sandberg. I think it definitly has a shot a 10. I will keep my fingers crossed for you.
    Thought I might have package when I got home but no dice. Usually it takes me a day or two after you clowns get yours image

Mark
    Project:

T206 Set - 300/524
  • Options
    The UPS left this today
  • Options
    jeffcbayjeffcbay Posts: 8,948 ✭✭✭✭
    No big hits besides a decent Gwynn Donruss rookie, but this rip was a blast! image

(4) 1981 Topps Baseball Wax (OC Henderson & Dawson)
    (2) 1982 Donruss Baseball Wax (nothing)
    (2) 1982 Fleer Baseball Wax (OC Al Hrabosky 5'-1" Error)
    (2) 1982 Topps Baseball Wax (nothing)
    (2) 1983 Donruss Baseball Wax (Gwynn RC, possible 8 or 9)
    (2) 1983 Fleer Baseball Wax (nice Brett)
    (4) 1983 Topps Baseball Wax (nothing)
    (2) 1984 Fleer Baseball Wax (nothing)
    (2) 1984 Topps Baseball Rack (OC Ryan)
    (2) 1985 Donruss Baseball Wax (nothing)
    (2) 1989 UD Low Series Baseball Wax (nothing)
    (2) 1993 Pinnacle Series 2 Baseball Wax (nothing, cards slightly stuck together but no damage)
    (2) 1983 Topps Football Wax (nothing)
    (2) 1998 UD Black Diamond Football Wax (Double Diamond Conway #/3000)
  • Options
    orioles93orioles93 Posts: 3,469 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mine made it home!! I'll post results when I get home from college in a few weeks and have a chance to open them. It's killing me having to wait!!!
    What I Collect:

PSA HOF Baseball Postwar Rookies Set Registry- (Currently 77.97% Complete)

PSA Pro Football HOF Rookie Players Set Registry- (Currently 19.26% Complete)

PSA Basketball HOF Players Rookies Set Registry- (Currently 6.02% Complete)
  • Options
    gemintgemint Posts: 6,074 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Did the thread break? The last page is blank with no new messages.
  • Options
    jeffcbayjeffcbay Posts: 8,948 ✭✭✭✭
    I think "they" erased some certain posts and it threw off the post count. I missed what exactly happened.
  • Options
    I didn't get mine yesterday, so there is always the hopes of today....
  • Options
    blee1blee1 Posts: 713 ✭✭✭
    Is there any sort of sequencing in the 89 Upper Deck baseball. Only reason I ask, both packs back seals were not sealed. So it was easy to see the back card.

As for the rest

2000 SP FB (nothing)
    2004 SP FB (nothing)
    Slightly O/C Dan Hampton card on the front of one of the 81' FB cello's
    1989 UP BB (nothing)

Probably won't open anything else unless 80's FB are centered? Anyone??? I need to pull a Dorsett PSA 10.......
    Skips PSA Exchange
    Successful transactions with: yankeeno7, raiderguy10, Beck6, CDsNuts, DaveP01, Dboneesq, Elemenopeo, gameusedhoop, georgebailey2, Goldlabels, gstarling, justmichael, etc

Working on.........
    Tony Dorsett Master Set
    1977 Topps Mexican FB (raw)
    1957 Topps FB Set (raw or graded)
  • Options
    Opened the 1998 FB Black Diamond got a Dan Marino "Sheer Brilliance" /1300
    Nothing in the 2004 SP Football
    1981 FB Cellos - Phil Simms is the best I got

I'm looking for more loose 1981 FB commons if someone wants to trade for the other commons from packs.
  • Options
    FirstBeardFirstBeard Posts: 472 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Is there any sort of sequencing in the 89 Upper Deck baseball. Only reason I ask, both packs back seals were not sealed. So it was easy to see the back card. >>

I am not an expert on this, but i opened two boxes of 89 UD low where 40-60% of the packs had the seal on the back spine separating (bot not the top or bottom seals). Was this your situation? The good news is I pulled multiple Griffeys and other key rcs from those boxes, so I am assuming the separation is natural and not a method for searching them. Plus, your packs were from BBCE, probably from a sealed case, so i'd imagine they are legit.
  • Options
    Got mine late yesterday. Nothing exciting in the 1981, 1982 or 1985 football. Got a couple 85 Eric Dickersons but both had edge chipping. Nothing in 82 and only got a Terry Bradshaw in 81
  • Options
    lahmejoonlahmejoon Posts: 1,691 ✭✭✭
    Is it wrong that I'm daydreaming about the UPS man? I'm hoping for some deliveries in California today!
  • Options
    ssollarsssollars Posts: 932 ✭✭✭✭
    Got mine yesterday!

Pulled some nice cards:

The '80 FB packs were stellar. 19 of 24 cards were nicely centered , although two of those were the wax (on back) cards. No major hits though. If the other packs were all this good that would have been one hell of a box to rip in full!

The '81 FB cello had a few nice cards including a Bears TL and a Montana!!!! It's slightly OC L/R but very sharp otherwise, will probably be deemed trimmed like the last one I pulled image

The rest of my FB contained a few stars (all OC) but contained enough centered cards to get at least a few upgrade to my raw sets.

Scott
  • Options
    handymanhandyman Posts: 5,261 ✭✭✭✭✭
    anyone open there 1975 minis or any of the 1987 BK packs yet? I hope mine come today. And if you are worried they have 0 chance of staying unopened on this day.
    I bought 1/2 a box of BBc last 1975 minis and opened them. None were gradeable, 0. So Im hoping this box is better. His 1987s for me this last 4 months have been 50/50 though. Either all the cards were centered or all the cards were 90-10 in the packs. Still have not pulled a jordan or a jordan sticker from that year and Ive opened half a box of this stuff. Shows how these can be picked through which I dont like. I bet if Fleer BK packs were not in sequence they would be easy 550-600 a pack for 1986-87 Fleer and 65 a pack for 1987-88, and 20-25 for 1988-89 Fleer BK packs.
  • Options
    blee1blee1 Posts: 713 ✭✭✭
    << so I am assuming the separation is natural and not a method for searching them>>

Good, kinda thought that.

<<The '80 FB packs were stellar. 19 of 24 cards were nicely centered>>

Sweet, these will be the first packs of 80' FB I've opened since 84' when I built my set. Looking for that perfect Dorsett. Maybe I should check the one in my set?image
    Skips PSA Exchange
    Successful transactions with: yankeeno7, raiderguy10, Beck6, CDsNuts, DaveP01, Dboneesq, Elemenopeo, gameusedhoop, georgebailey2, Goldlabels, gstarling, justmichael, etc

Working on.........
    Tony Dorsett Master Set
    1977 Topps Mexican FB (raw)
    1957 Topps FB Set (raw or graded)