Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Official 2013 BBCE PSA Group Break #1....LETS POST SOME SCANS

15678911»

Comments

• Options
    ClockworkAngelClockworkAngel Posts: 1,994 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Pretty nice rippp for a first-timer. The '93 SPs bb provided two winners ~ Jeter & Chipper, not too shabby for two packs. Jeter will NOT fetch the prized $11k 10 grade, but a nice add to the collection. Other notable pulls:

75 mini bb - Rice RC (very good centering, dinged corner, 8 chance)
    81 Topps bb - Baines RC (ho hum)
    83 Topps bb - Boggs RC (solid all around, 9 chance)
    83 Fleer bb - Boggs RC (slightly top heavy, 8/9 chance)
    83 Donruss bb - Ryan (slightly top heavy, 8/9 chance)
    84 Fleer bb - Ryan (perfect center, corner ding, 8/9 chance)
    83 Topps fb - Payton (slightly bottom heavy, 8 chance)
    85 Topps fb - Marino (nice centering, corner ding, 8)
    86 Topps fb - Rice RC (65/35, corner ding)
    87 Fleer bkb - Olajuwon (7/8 chance)

Would have been nice to pull more RCs, but overall a nice rippp. To those holding raks & cellos with visible 2nd & 3rd year stars.....c'mon, let 'em rippppppppppppppp!!!!!!!!!!!!!! >>

Holy Smoke, so you're the one that pulled all the sweet cards. Everyone else was striking out. Was beginning to wonder what the heck was going on...nice rip
    The Clockwork Angel Collection...brought to you by Bank of America, Wells Fargo, and Chase
    TheClockworkAngelCollection
  • Options
    kingbeeswaxkingbeeswax Posts: 1,423 ✭✭✭
    I pulled a mattingly from 2 '84 topps racks and it looked amazing until i saw it had a wrinkle in the middle. Perfect centering and corners though. Nothing else that great and I got some more boxes from the site. Had fun!
  • Options
    wronglegwrongleg Posts: 441 ✭✭
    I got an 82 Donruss Ryan, 81 Topps Valenzuela, and 2 81 Topps Kirk Gibson. 75 mini Yaz was very off center. Fun Rip.
  • Options
    MiniDuffMiniDuff Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭
    I've done three of these where we have done 87/88 BB and all three times I have caught a Jordan. Pretty cool, unfortunately I have the same issues with the red ink as well.
    1975 Mini Collector
    ebay id Duffs_Dugout
    My Ebay Auctions
  • Options
    I've never seen that Jordan with the red ink. Are all the cards in the pack like that or just the Jordans? All 3 seemed to have them, that's a shame
    The Clockwork Angel Collection...brought to you by Bank of America, Wells Fargo, and Chase
  • Options
    I have multiple cards in the pack with issues. I will post the finger print one when I get off work. Kind of crazy seeing a Fingerprint smudge on a card like that.
  • Options
    Are other people still waiting for their packages? I paid on the 14th and am in Cleveland so I would have thought I'd receive my shipment by now. Don't want to send one of those "where are my cards?????" emails to Steve but I'm starting to think I may have slipped through the cracks...
  • Options
    Nothing for me either. I'm in NYC
  • Options
    Hey Tribefan I am in Dayton and received my packs Monday afternoon via UPS. (Sorry guys haven't ripped yet because I am letting the drama build up for what might still be available!)
    When did you pay and were yours sent UPS or USPS??

Brian
  • Options
    jeffcbayjeffcbay Posts: 8,948 ✭✭✭✭
    I'm in Massillon, Ohio and received mine on Monday via UPS.
  • Options

Trying to scan image my pulls to share with the group ~ any secret to keep the file size compatible with the thread? My iPhone pics are way over the thread limit 😤
  • Options
    Host your pictures on a site like Photobucket.com (or email them to me and I'll host them on mine) jeffcolburn@gmail.com image
  • Options
    stownstown Posts: 11,321 ✭✭✭

<< <i>image >>

That's a sharp Moon!

So basically my kid won't be able to go to college, but at least I'll have a set where the three most expensive cards are of a player I despise ~ CDsNuts
  • Options
    did anyone mistakenly get my box from BBCE?
    you can tell its mine if the 93 SP pack had a jeter in it
    please let me know - thanks.
  • Options
    maddux69maddux69 Posts: 2,132 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Has anyone ripped the 1977 Star Wars packs? I selected these for nostalgia sake and remember having SW cards as a kid, but have no idea what to be on the lookout for.
  • Options
    just my opinion but the star wars packs are a tough find so not ripping them is better.

not sure if there low pop 9's in there... but with modern star wars packs you get a lot of the old time characters (pulled a sweet foil card of Han's torture scene in ESB).

i'm keeping my star wars packs closed (when i get them)... wish i had this resolve when i picked up some clean 75T BB packs...
  • Options

<< <i>Nothing for me either. I'm in NYC >>

You might want to email Steve if you still don't have it. I checked on mine yesterday and he said the Paypal never showed as coming through on his end. All is good now though. Package is shipping on Monday.
  • Options
    MiniDuffMiniDuff Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭
    Very sharp and well centered Moon, with a nice sweet, well defined, gum stain on the back :-P
    1975 Mini Collector
    ebay id Duffs_Dugout
    My Ebay Auctions
  • Options
    All. Rest easy my box finally arrived but no jeter. Came close with some putz Yankee foil but not a DJ

Want to take a minute to extend yet another shot out to Steve at BBCE. My box was MIA for 4 or 5 days so I gave Steve a call. He immediately called UPS and investigated to find that ups had dropped it at the wrong company in my building AND THEY TOOK IT. Thanks to Steve I knew exactly who to track down and got the box. And he assured me no matter the outcome he would make it right - even though it wasn't a BBCe mistake!!!

Steve was gracious and very responsive. The man is a professional and we need more like him in the hobby.

I don't do the group breaks for the big pull so much as to do good business with the likes of BBcE and Cincyredlegs!!!

Thanks guys!
  • Options
    orioles93orioles93 Posts: 3,469 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pulled a 83 donruss Gwynn rookie, 82 topps Nolan Ryan, and 81 topps Harold Baines rookie. A few other Hall of famers but nothing big. Thanks for a great and fun rip!!
    What I Collect:

PSA HOF Baseball Postwar Rookies Set Registry- (Currently 77.97% Complete)

PSA Pro Football HOF Rookie Players Set Registry- (Currently 19.26% Complete)

PSA Basketball HOF Players Rookies Set Registry- (Currently 6.02% Complete)
  • Options
    I count three 1983 Donruss Gwynn RCs out of that box. image
  • Options
    Received my package yesterday. Very very happy with the results.... I got...

'83 Topps Boggs
    '84 Donruss Joe Carter
    '84 Fleer Mattingly
    '85 Donruss Gooden
    '85 Topps Warren Moon

Pretty sure those were all the major hits.... Got plenty more non-rookie star power as well.

Thanks for setting this up. Looking forward to the next one!
  • Options
    Heres some scans!
    Does the Gwynn have a chance at a 10?

What I Collect:

• Options

<< <i>Heres some scans!

image >>

My Gwynn had that same print dot at the tip of his nose so I initially just tossed it to the side (after a penny sleeve, of course), but then I looked at other Gwynn 10s and they all appear to have that dot on them, so I think we have a shot!
  • Options
    mdkuommdkuom Posts: 969 ✭✭✭
    My Gwynn PSA 10 definitely has that print dot.
  • Options
    ldfergldferg Posts: 6,739 ✭✭✭
    Gwynn has a shot. The Ryan looks like a nice 9 due to centering.

Thanks,

David (LD_Ferg)

1985 Topps Football (starting in psa 8) - #9 - started 05/21/06
  • Options
    im going to send the Gwynn in for grading whenever i renew my membership to PSA. I doubt ill send in the Ryan since a 9 is only worth like $10-15.
    What I Collect:

• Options
    Can you do this again soon? I want in!!! I bought 1981, 1982, and 1983 Topps, and 1984, 1985 Donruss from mattinglymint23 at a show yesterday. I remember when the Davis was quite pricey and the McReynolds too. Absolutely LOVED the flashback that the prize for three triples on the 83 contest card provided me with! 83 packs was the best of the bunch for star power.

Here were the pulls from the packs.

Anything worth grading?
    kshorton says: i gots an Empire State Building card... seeking advice.. is this better and worth more than my psa 3 franco harris 1973 topps card which i defouled by trying to make a baby with ? Please advise. the franco card is graded.. the ESB card is not yet, and I do not want to have a baby with the ESB card.
  • Options
    Good meeting you wem. Thanks for stopping by. Glad you liked the packs.
  • Options
    tsalems1tsalems1 Posts: 3,373 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Heres some scans!

image >>

My Gwynn had that same print dot at the tip of his nose so I initially just tossed it to the side (after a penny sleeve, of course), but then I looked at other Gwynn 10s and they all appear to have that dot on them, so I think we have a shot! >>

Gwynn will not 10 with the right edge wear
    www.OPCBASEBALL.com

Email: OPCBASEBALL@YAHOO.COM

Follow OPCBASEBALL.COM on Facebook
  • Options

<< <i>Woof on the 1975 Minis centering. The only star power was a Luis Tiant and a Fred Lynn rookie (which was the gum card).

The 1998 Black Diamond football yielded an Elway and few semi-stars.

My two packs of 1993 Pinnacle produced a Bo Jackson, Barry Bonds, and this (dust is from the scanner):

image >>

Bamn-whammo!

GEM MINT 10 1993 PINNACLE 457 DEREK JETER
  • Options
    08HALA2008HALA20 Posts: 3,066 ✭✭✭

<< <i>GEM MINT 10 1993 PINNACLE 457 DEREK JETER >>

Very nice congrats!!!

Joe
  • Options
    NICE!
    Big Fan of: HOF Post War RC, Graded RCs
    WTB: PSA 1 - PSA 3 Centered, High Eye Appeal 1950's Mantle
  • Options
    JustinsShoeboxJustinsShoebox Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Woof on the 1975 Minis centering. The only star power was a Luis Tiant and a Fred Lynn rookie (which was the gum card).

The 1998 Black Diamond football yielded an Elway and few semi-stars.

My two packs of 1993 Pinnacle produced a Bo Jackson, Barry Bonds, and this (dust is from the scanner):

image >>

Bamn-whammo!

GEM MINT 10 1993 PINNACLE 457 DEREK JETER >>

Awesome!! Glad someone pulled that and put it to good use. image

Justin
  • Options
    Thanks, guys. I'm pretty sure that overall I'm in the hole for the group rips, but it's nice to hit one every once in a while. It's what keeps us coming back for more, right?
  • Options
    Just opened all my stuff. Nothing worth noting besides the fact that in 4 packs of 84/85 Topps Hockey, I pulled 3 Steve Yzerman rookies and 2 Gretzsky All-Stars. Also a 1985 Topps Mark McGwire rookie. Few star cards.
  • Options
    Scottiec2288Scottiec2288 Posts: 912 ✭✭✭
    Here are the scans of top 3 cards from rip!
  • Options
    I gotta tell you, my experience with these group rips continues to be astoundingly awful. I enjoy them and will continue, but it's incredible how badly I do.

4 1984 FB Wax-Nothing but a Payton with a chip on the borded
    4 1982 FB Wax-Ummm...a Phil Simms?
    4 1993 SP-Zip
    2 1981 T Basbeall Cellos- A Valenzuela with Print Defects galore
    4 1982 OPC Baseball- Schmidt
    Leaving the Desert Shield stuff untouched
  • Options
    flatfoot816flatfoot816 Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭
    sorry clockwork--

I opened 1 pack of the packs I got--1 of the '93 SP packs----you guessed it. A very very nice Jeter. I have 10 Jeter rookies--none higher than 8 and this one looks to be far better

At work so will post a scan later. But it sure looks like 1 to get slabbed!
  • Options
    HoofHeartedHoofHearted Posts: 2,537 ✭✭
    I couldn't believe how huge this group break was! I took part in some breaks a few years ago but nothing to match the size of this one. It was fun catching the excitement of the entire event in this thread. Thanks for sharing the fun!
  • Options
    vladguerrerovladguerrero Posts: 4,077 ✭✭✭
    I had determined going into this rip that I would send off the better cards to add a little more excitement to the rip. I didn't pull anything stunning and the grades were pretty much as I expected but figured I would share the results. I added a few cards I had from a 1995 Upper Deck Baseball Minors box break and a few others to get to 25 total cards.

EXCELLENT-MINT 6 1957 HIT STARS 68 BURT LANCASTER Card
    MINT 9 1980 STAR WARS EMPIRE STRIKES BACK 8 LANDO CALRISSIAN Card POP 19, only 1 10
    NEAR MINT-MINT 8 1980 STAR WARS EMPIRE STRIKES BACK 15 DROIDS ON PATROL Card
    NEAR MINT-MINT 8 1980 STAR WARS EMPIRE STRIKES BACK 16 THE HIDDED REBEL BASE Card 8+
    NEAR MINT-MINT 8 1980 STAR WARS EMPIRE STRIKES BACK 49 INVADED! Card
    MINT 9 1980 STAR WARS EMPIRE STRIKES BACK 62 ARTOO PEEKING... Card POP 7, x4 10's
    NEAR MINT-MINT 8 1980 STAR WARS EMPIRE STRIKES BACK 77 WARM WELCOME FOR AN OLD BUDDY Card 9+
    NEAR MINT-MINT 8 1980 STAR WARS EMPIRE STRIKES BACK 82 A SWARM OF UGNAUGHTS Card 7+
    GEM MINT 10 1980 STAR WARS EMPIRE STRIKES BACK 84 A PILE OF SEE-THR.. Card POP 7
    MINT 9 1980 STAR WARS EMPIRE STRIKES BACK 98 BOBA'S SPECIAL... Card
    NEAR MINT-MINT 8 1980 STAR WARS EMPIRE STRIKES BACK 106 THE CONFRONTATION Card
    N8: MISCUT 1980 STAR WARS EMPIRE STRIKES BACK STICKER 23 C-3PO/DARTH VADER/LUKE SKYWALKER/MONTAGE-LUKE SKYWALKER Card Was really hoping this would 10, but it is miscut
    NEAR MINT 7 1984 DONRUSS 41 JOE CARTER Card POP 109, only 1000+ perfect ebay title lol
    GEM MINT 10 1985 TOPPS 423 BARRY BONNELL Card POP 3 Is this worth anything?
    MINT 9 1989 UPPER DECK 201 DICK SCHOFIELD Card POP 5, only 4 10's? Goldmine? image
    EXCELLENT 5 1989 UPPER DECK 411 BOB STANLEY Card I wanted to test the chipped hologram, they look at it!
    NEAR MINT-MINT 8 1995 BOWMAN 90 VLADIMIR GUERRERO Card accidental Ebay purchase, could be worse
    GEM MINT 10 1995 BOWMAN'S BEST 46 DON MATTINGLY RED REFRACTOR Card POP 3, good Registry card, was a BGS 9
    MINT 9 1995 BOWMAN'S BEST 84 ORLANDO MILLER RED REFRACTOR Card POP 3, Highest Graded
    NEAR MINT 7 1995 UPPER DECK MINOR LEAGUE 1 DEREK JETER FUTURE STOCK Card yeesh
    GEM MINT 10 1995 UPPER DECK MINOR LEAGUE MJ's SCRAPBOOK MJ8 MICHAEL JORDAN Card POP 4, lowest POP in set
    NEAR MINT-MINT 8 1995 BOWMAN'S BEST 16 LUIS ORTIZ BLUE REFRACTOR Card POP 1 Highest Graded
    MINT 9 1995 UPPER DECK MINOR LEAGUE 165 DEREK JETER FUTURE STOCK Card POP 6, only 5 10's
    MINT 9 1995 UPPER DECK MINOR LEAGUE 45 MICHAEL JORDAN Card x22 10's
    MINT 9 1998 UPPER DECK BLACK DIAMOND ROOKIES 43 DAN MARINO ROOKIES-SINGLE Card
    Total Items: 25
    Date Received: 3/14/2013
    Date Shipped: 5/10/2013