Home Precious Metals

So where does it end up, this time

Silver down 5% today alone as of writing this.
So where does it find strength at now with all that's happened in the last few days and with some Fed members calling for the end of QE?
To forgive is to free a prisoner, and to discover that prisoner was you.

Comments

• DoubleEagle59DoubleEagle59 Posts: 8,271 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think it'll go a bit lower till early March.

$25 to $28 range.

All drops are looked upon by me as a very thankful and favorable event.

If someone sweats these short term drops they really should not be invested in PM's.
    "Gold is money, and nothing else" (JP Morgan, 1912)

"“Those who sacrifice liberty for security/safety deserve neither.“(Benjamin Franklin)

"I only golf on days that end in 'Y'" (DE59)
  • derrybderryb Posts: 36,585 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm dumping paper shorts at 29 and buying physical at 28.75. Looking for more QE as the FED picks up Japan's US bond buying slack. Japan will be printing to buy their own bonds and probably dumping a bit of US bonds.

"How many times can a man turn his head and pretend he just doesn’t see?” - Bob Dylan

• jdimmickjdimmick Posts: 9,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think she'e heading on down too, around 27-28 for silver, still getting a lot of calls wanting to buy, so at some point the demand will keep the drop from being too severe.

locally , people wanting to buy gold is limited, but it may be the better in larger market area, too many cheapo's around here.

I am probably dead wrong on this but I just keep feeling this is the last year of the gold rush. (I know that the fundamentals dont say it and nothing is being done to address the current concerns, deficit, etc. But I just cant help but feel it.

• WingsruleWingsrule Posts: 3,001 ✭✭✭✭
    Don't know where it stops but my time horizon may be different.

What DE59 said above pretty much sums it up for me:

If someone sweats these short term drops they really should not be invested in PM's.
  • piecesofmepiecesofme Posts: 6,669 ✭✭✭
    If one asks a question about something and assuming it is sweating is assinine and uninformed. It was just a question, don't read anything into it that isn't there.
    Metals have had a nice run, and I think they will continue to in the longer term picture, but not without some major sell offs, and I qualify 5% (either way) in 1 day to be something to get ones attention. This could be that first major sell off, and I would welcome it now that funds to reload have been realized.
    If we do have an upcoming major selloff it by no means will be the first or the last. This is the nature of the silver market. A step back is OK as long as it is followed by two steps forward.

"How many times can a man turn his head and pretend he just doesn’t see?” - Bob Dylan

• gsa1fangsa1fan Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭
    Guns & bullets yielding big returns~ POMimage
    Avid collector of GSA's.
  • OPAOPA Posts: 17,118 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I think it'll go a bit lower till early March.

$25 to $28 range.

All drops are looked upon by me as a very thankful and favorable event.

If someone sweats these short term drops they really should not be invested in PM's. >>

I do not consider a 1 1/2 year drop a short term drop with only temporary teasers in between.

And what's so special about March?
    "Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • Jinx86Jinx86 Posts: 3,701 ✭✭✭✭✭
    locked it a 45oz bag of mixed world silver at 31 so im happy. Now to wait for them to melt/assay and the check to arrive.

Very hard for me to guess where it goes from here. Id like to say Im a buyer at 26 but not sure if i will be able to wait for it.
  • DrBusterDrBuster Posts: 5,351 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If the managed beatdowns stop that would help.
  • cohodkcohodk Posts: 18,941 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Excuses are tools of the ignorant

Knowledge is the enemy of fear

If the managed beatdowns stop that would help

I agree, but that's just not going to happen. We should just factor that in as a given on any 5+% run.
    It makes me laugh a little how some don't take a 1 day 5% drop seriously. It takes silver months to achieve a 5% gain, and then lose it all in 1 day??? I know that's the nature of the silver beast, but please don't pretend that it doesn't get your attention. It's insulting.

<< <i>If the managed beatdowns stop that would help

I agree, but that's just not going to happen. We should just factor that in as a given on any 5+% run.
    It makes me laugh a little how some don't take a 1 day 5% drop seriously. It takes silver months to achieve a 5% gain, and then lose it all in 1 day??? I know that's the nature of the silver beast, but please don't pretend that it doesn't get your attention. It's insulting. >>

I take a 5% drop seriously, as in I'm seriously going to buy some for the pile!
    It wasn't directed at you Dr, i should've been more clear about that.

I'm saying that those who say it's not something noteworthy are the same ones that would be on here saying things like "to the moon" if silver was UP 5% in 1 day image
    Ha, no worries POM.
  • rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I enjoy watching the day to day fluctuations and 'try' to tie them into some 'item' or occurrence in the current news..... Not always possible, and likely I am often wrong, but it does provide entertainment of sorts.....image Cheers, RickO
  • BaleyBaley Posts: 22,659 ✭✭✭✭✭
    a couple dudes named Fibonacci and Elliot might claim silver could go as low as $22 over the next couple of weeks

of course, metals prices are also primarily driven by sentiment, and there are plenty of websites and individuals who will attempt to hype silver higher (and, interestingly, are also eager to sell you some silver, hmmmm :HMMMMMimage

Liberty: Parent of Science & Industry

looks like the gold eagle wholesalers are expecting prices to rise

The "paper to physical" conversion should heat up.

• jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,638 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Isn't 15% considered a correction in the stock market?

If you think you can jump in & out to your advantage on a 5% move, then do it. If you like reacting to every microscopic price change on a chart, have at it. I just can't get behind that approach.

Until there's a major change in the overall market psychology (due to a significant change in fiscal and monetary policies), I'm just not sold on the idea of putting the same chips back on the table in order to keep risking them over and over. That's all you're really doing, and if you are trying to make a living doing that, just keep in mind that you are playing against the House who already has stacked the deck against you.

I'm with Ricko, it makes for some interesting speculation, and sometimes it's entertaining and there's really not much you can do about it anyhow.
    Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.
    Down 5% one day, yes.

But silver is up 0.5% in the last week.

Volatility can be nerve racking.
  • JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i> It takes silver months to achieve a 5% gain, and then lose it all in 1 day??? >>

Didn't silver have a 4% or so increase the day before?

It's hard to take you seriously . Seriously.

Happy New Year. MJ
    Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • renman95renman95 Posts: 7,037 ✭✭✭✭✭
    $20.13
    In 2012, silver traded >5% higher than the previous day on 4 occasions. It only dropped >5% once.
    In 2012, silver traded >5% higher than the previous day on 4 occasions. It only dropped >5% once.

Nice tidbit to know, thanks.

But but but, I thought you didn't watch it that closely MJ? You're in it for the long haul I thought. Who's micro-managing things now? image

<< <i>In 2012, silver traded >5% higher than the previous day on 4 occasions. It only dropped >5% once.

But but but, I thought you didn't watch it that closely MJ? You're in it for the long haul I thought. Who's micro-managing things now? image >>

Notice I didn't chirp at all when silver was up 4%. I never do. I leave the chirping to you. You are predictable.

I do watch everything closely. A habit of having traded for a living.

I don't hold silver for the long haul as I find in speculative in nature. I've made that clear.

MJ

Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • DoubleEagle59DoubleEagle59 Posts: 8,271 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>If one asks a question about something and assuming it is sweating is assinine and uninformed. It was just a question, don't read anything into it that isn't there.
    Metals have had a nice run, and I think they will continue to in the longer term picture, but not without some major sell offs, and I qualify 5% (either way) in 1 day to be something to get ones attention. This could be that first major sell off, and I would welcome it now that funds to reload have been realized. >>

Originally, I typed "If you sweat these short term drops you really should not be invested in PM's", but then I changed it to "If someone sweats these short term drops they really should not be invested in PM's" because I didn't want to make it seem I was talking about you.

Funny how you took it that way anyways.
    "Gold is money, and nothing else" (JP Morgan, 1912)

"“Those who sacrifice liberty for security/safety deserve neither.“(Benjamin Franklin)

"I only golf on days that end in 'Y'" (DE59)

• << <i>

<< <i>In 2012, silver traded >5% higher than the previous day on 4 occasions. It only dropped >5% once.

But but but, I thought you didn't watch it that closely MJ? You're in it for the long haul I thought. Who's micro-managing things now? image >>

Notice I didn't chirp at all when silver was up 4%. I never do. I leave the chirping to you. You are predictable.

I don't hold silver for the long haul as I find in speculative in nature. I've made that clear.

MJ >>

But are u holding gold " for the long haul "?
    Go back to bed MJ, you got up on the wrong side, again. Man you are so anal sometimes. Must be hell being you. I was KIDDING!!!! (smiley face)

<< <i>In 2012, silver traded >5% higher than the previous day on 4 occasions. It only dropped >5% once. >>

Nice WR.

I thought these moves were always coordinated manipulated smackdowns. Funny how many on the board only see what they want to see. This is typical investor behavior. Maybe all those big rallies were to sucker in more sheeple?

Wingsrule findings should lay to rest all the coordinated smackdown ideas.

<< <i>

<< <i>

MJ >>

But are u holding gold " for the long haul "? >>

absolutely

MJ

<< <i>Go back to bed MJ, you got up on the wrong side, again. Man you are so anal sometimes. Must be hell being you. I was KIDDING!!!! (smiley face) >>

Actually I just arrived in HK when I wrote that and I was a little tired. Changes nothing. You are a dude that lives for drama. I am not. You are impossible to pin down. It is what it is.

I don't know a lot but I do know nobody is more comfortable in their own skin then me

MJ
  • mariner67mariner67 Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭

"I don't know a lot but I do know nobody is more comfortable in their own skin then me"
    MJ

MJ
    You have found the secret to a happy life!
    PMs can only compliment that but never achieve it on their own.
    Good for you.
    Stay peaceful my friend.
    Best
    Successful trades/buys/sells with gdavis70, adriana, wondercoin, Weiss, nibanny, IrishMike, commoncents05, pf70collector, kyleknap, barefootjuan, coindeuce, WhiteTornado, Nefprollc, ajw, JamesM, PCcoins, slinc, coindudeonebay,beernuts, and many more
    You are impossible to pin down

I'll take that as a compliment, thank you.
  • carew4mecarew4me Posts: 3,467 ✭✭✭✭
    Congrats POM!

Your threads seem to be the only ones that get traction around here any more.
    By traction I mean they devolve into you and the same 5 or so people who don't like you insulting each other and
    attempting to prove the wiser sage.

Oh well Thank God for Silver Stackers board for meaningful discussions about Ag.

In the meantime.....

Loves me some shiny!
  • secondrepublicsecondrepublic Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭
    LOL... at least these boards are still entertaining.
    "Men who had never shown any ability to make or increase fortunes for themselves abounded in brilliant plans for creating and increasing wealth for the country at large." Fiat Money Inflation in France, Andrew Dickson White (1912)
    I thought these moves were always coordinated manipulated smackdowns.

It's silver. Of course these moves are coordinated manipulated smackdowns. Of course they are. We agree!!!image

I interpret WRs data differently, of course.image

I knew it would happen.

<< <i>LOL... at least these boards are still entertaining. >>

Carew has been on a roll. Well played.

MJ
    And yet you feel compelled to contribute to my threads carew4me. Am I twisting your arm to even open my threads? It isn't hard to figure out who your ALT is either. image People like you who come on here with multiple profiles with the only intent is to pad what the other profile said disgusts me and is so easy to spot.
    Good day
    POM, notice that carew has been on these boards since 2002 and hardly qualifies as an alt.

I knew it would happen.
    carew is the original
    Carew has been on a roll. Well played

So now you've made it known what your real purpose on these boards. To play chatboard playground. Get a life. oh, and, not very well played on your part.
    Lol, Justacommeman doesn't need an alt, either. Oh, man.

I knew it would happen.
    I didn't say that's who I thought it was, did I? That's your assumption of what I said...
    Lol, you assume that you know what I assumed, and yet when I assumed that I knew what you assumed - you call foul. Entertaining indeed. I'm glad that I got some sleep last night.image

I knew it would happen.
  • roadrunnerroadrunner Posts: 28,303 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I do not consider a 1 1/2 year drop a short term drop with only temporary teasers in between. And what's so special about March?

Silver consolidated on two occasions in the 1962-1980 bull market 4-1/2 to 5 years before exceeding its former high. Silver also doubled in price within 6 months on two occasions in the 1970's. We've only seen one such doubling episode in this bull run (ie 2011). If we follow that game plan. Silver won't exceed $50 until 2015-2016. Gold on the other hand consolidated for 3-1/2 yrs on two occasions during the last bull market. That would suggest 2015 before seeing $2,000/oz. gold. It took 2-3 yrs for silver to reach bottom during the last bull market. Gold did it in only 1-1/2 yrs each time.
    Barbarous Relic No More, LSCC -GoldSeek--shadow stats--SafeHaven--321gold
    Thanks, RR. Gives us plenty of time to stack if the pattern holds.
  • johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 28,067 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Guns & bullets yielding big returns~ POMimage >>

keep your powder dry
    Just trolling. image

• OPAOPA Posts: 17,118 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i> I do not consider a 1 1/2 year drop a short term drop with only temporary teasers in between. And what's so special about March?

Silver consolidated on two occasions in the 1962-1980 bull market 4-1/2 to 5 years before exceeding its former high. Silver also doubled in price within 6 months on two occasions in the 1970's. We've only seen one such doubling episode in this bull run (ie 2011). If we follow that game plan. Silver won't exceed $50 until 2015-2016. Gold on the other hand consolidated for 3-1/2 yrs on two occasions during the last bull market. That would suggest 2015 before seeing $2,000/oz. gold. It took 2-3 yrs for silver to reach bottom during the last bull market. Gold did it in only 1-1/2 yrs each time. >>

Thanks for the info. Looks as if the silver bottom has not as yet come to pass. Patience is virtue....and stacking now is betting against the odds.
    "Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."