Home Precious Metals

$35 sure seems like a new ceiling for silver

Comments

• TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 44,202 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kudos to the OP. The claim is holding up for nearly 3 weeks. There's not much space between the floor and the ceiling, though.

HE>I

• OPAOPA Posts: 17,118 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Kudos to the OP. The claim is holding up for nearly 3 weeks. There's not much space between the floor and the ceiling, though. >>

But, but wait till next week...I don't know why though image
    "Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • derrybderryb Posts: 36,631 ✭✭✭✭✭

"How many times can a man turn his head and pretend he just doesn’t see?” - Bob Dylan

• piecesofmepiecesofme Posts: 6,669 ✭✭✭
    Taking into consideration of that Cartel dump, the metal has held up very nicely imo.
    To forgive is to free a prisoner, and to discover that prisoner was you.

<< <i>and just to make sure it doesn't close the week over $35 >>

I like the following comment from the above article.

"Silver is a runaway train waiting to happen as the pent-up physical demand is simply breath-taking!"

Lets hope it can finally "leave the station" next week.

• OperationButterOperationButter Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭
    How is that not illegal, I just dont get it.

Well after seeing that, I cant believe it did as well as it did today. Here is to hope... not the Obama hope tho image
    Gold is for savings. Fiat is for transactions.

BST Transactions (as the seller): Collectall, GRANDAM, epcjimi1, wondercoin, jmski52, wheathoarder, jay1187, jdsueu, grote15, airplanenut, bigole
    It's only illegal if your last name is Hunt.

"How many times can a man turn his head and pretend he just doesn’t see?” - Bob Dylan

<< <i>

<< <i>and just to make sure it doesn't close the week over $35 >>

I like the following comment from the above article.

"Silver is a runaway train waiting to happen as the pent-up physical demand is simply breath-taking!"

Lets hope it can finally "leave the station" next week. >>

I've got until Dec. 31 for it to leave the station. image

• cohodkcohodk Posts: 18,968 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cartel dumping? You guys are so easily influenced.

Some junior trader could easily trade those contracts.

But I guess I we believe in ghosts then we will see ghosts.
    Excuses are tools of the ignorant

Knowledge is the enemy of fear

Some junior trader could easily trade those contracts

I would love to be juniors son if a junior trader can do that. The fees alone had to be more enormous than what probably some of make in a year. My calculator said wtf when I tried to figure it.
    So Silver ran up on the hype of QE3 being announced, ran up just a little bit more after actually being announced, and is now testing to see where the floor is since it's head has been in the clouds for 3 weeks+.
    I'll take some heat for this, I know, but this is a very cirtical point. Allowing for some profit taking which is happening, that may take it down to the low $30's, let's say $31-something. If it falls to the established floor of $28...after the announcement of QE3? That would not be in a very good position to be in.
    Let's hope this profit taking ends around $32.50 and does an about face and onto the next leg higher. If it doesn't, I'm re-evaluating everything.

<< <i>So Silver ran up on the hype of QE3 being announced, ran up just a little bit more after actually being announced, and is now testing to see where the floor is since it's head has been in the clouds for 3 weeks+.
    I'll take some heat for this, I know, but this is a very cirtical point. Allowing for some profit taking which is happening, that may take it down to the low $30's, let's say $31-something. If it falls to the established floor of $28...after the announcement of QE3? That would not be in a very good position to be in.
    Let's hope this profit taking ends around $32.50 and does an about face and onto the next leg higher. If it doesn't, I'm re-evaluating everything. >>

If you're in silver you're in a good position. Stop sweating the daily moves unless you're looking for a buying dip. Today's a dip.

<< <i>Some junior trader could easily trade those contracts

I would love to be juniors son if a junior trader can do that. The fees alone had to be more enormous than what probably some of make in a year. My calculator said wtf when I tried to figure it. >>

How much in fees did you calculate?

And why does everyone assume there was MASSIVE selling to drive prices lower? It is clearly obvious that people have no idea how markets work or what a bid/ask ladder looks like.

When there is a major news announcement such as on Friday, markets tend to be very thin before the numbers are released. For example, perhaps on a normal day there might be buyers of 20 contracts at every penny. But on a day like Friday, there might only be a buyer of 1 contract at every nickel. So if someone panics and presses the sell button on 20 contracts at the market, the price could easily fall a buck. But withing a minute or two, news is digested and the traders return. This is why you see big spikes higher and lower 10,000 contracts is not a lot, especially when one considers there are 100's of traders playing silver. And not every trade took place at the absolute low.

I can trade a at $1.25/contract. So 10,000 contracts would cost me a whopping $12,500 in commissions. You still wanna be junior's son?

It is clearly obvious that people have no idea how markets work or what a bid/ask ladder looks like
    can trade a at $1.25/contract. So 10,000 contracts would cost me a whopping $12,500 in commissions. You still wanna be junior's son?

It's clearly obvious to me that you have no people skills not knowing how to talk in a civil manner, probably why you don't have a job, and have to trade for a living.
    Oh yeah, I forgot, you're forced to have to work from home image

Why always so personal coho? Stings a little when it comes back at you, doesn't it? Your reaction will define if I'm right or not.

And I will in fact answer your question. I would want to be junior of a person making a trade where they can afford to do a trade that has $12,500 in FEES attached to it. If a trade has that much attached to it, how much was the value of what was being traded worth?
    If a person can afford those to withstand those kinds of commissions in one trade, they are pretty darn well off. Therefore, I would love to be junior of that person.

<< <i>It is clearly obvious that people have no idea how markets work or what a bid/ask ladder looks like
    can trade a at $1.25/contract. So 10,000 contracts would cost me a whopping $12,500 in commissions. You still wanna be junior's son?

It's clearly obvious to me that you have no people skills not knowing how to talk in a civil manner, probably why you don't have a job, and have to trade for a living.
    Oh yeah, I forgot, you're forced to have to work from home image

Why always so personal coho? Stings a little when it comes back at you, doesn't it? Your reaction will define if I'm right or not. >>

Where was the "personal" attack? I attack everyone equally.image

So how much did you calculate the fees to be?

And yes, trading from home, from the boat, from the mountains, from the beach, does suck. imageimage

I'll vouch for cohodk, he's mean to everyone. image

<< <i>I'll vouch for cohodk, he's mean to everyone. image >>

Especially to over blown PM forecastersimage
  • jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,675 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If cohodk attacks you, you ought to consider it a compliment.image
    Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.
    Where was the "personal" attack?

Maybe I took this the wrong way?
    It is clearly obvious that people have no idea how markets work
    You still wanna be junior's son?

Since I was the one that brought up the "junior" thing, I took it to mean you were specifically saying, I have no idea how the markets work.
    I don't think I'm wrong in presuming that that was a shot at me.

So how much did you calculate the fees to be?

You did the math for me, $12,500. And I say again, anyone making a single trade that has $12.500 in comissions attached to it is pretty well off, and I would not mind being a "junior" to that person, who can afford to incur a large fee right off the top like that. Again, what was the value of what was being traded if the haircut fee is $12,500?
    Is a $12,500 fee not alot to you? If it isn't, then you're doing pretty well for yourself.

trading from home, from the boat, from the mountains, from the beach, does suck
    Humility is not your strong suit, but expected from someone who trades for a living, so I shouldn't be surprised.

You seem to mostly give the impression that your views are the only way to consider something, never ( I shouldn't say never, maybe hardly ever) considering any other thought or approach.
    Your always right and your way is always better. I work with a guy like that...no one can stand him. image Sorry, but if the shoe fits...
    I'm only calling you out the way you called me out, so maybe it's nothing personal after all lol.
  • MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,752 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think uncle ben will have to personally drop the cash from the helicopter to see silver stay over 38 as it has stayed over $30 lately.

We may slip back to under $30 on dollar strength if the ROW starts to teeter on recession again.

(thanks China)
    Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
    Is a $12,500 fee not alot to you

$12k is a lot, but not if I am controlling 50 million ounces of silver. And If I sell that 50 million ounces for a 10c gain then I made $5 million. All of a sudden $12 grand doesnt sound like much, does it?

My comment about not knowing the markets was a general view to anyone who makes posts citing blogs by people who have no clue.

Humility is not your strong suit, but expected from someone who trades for a living, so I shouldn't be surprised.

Actually, im probably the most humble guy you've ever met. I'm sure after a beer with you I would be on the Christmas card list. image

Your always right and your way is always better

Funny how time usually proves this. image

But seriously, humility is a traders best friend.

And If I sell that 50 million ounces for a 10c gain then I made $5 million

And I would want to be "junior" to that guy, point proven, thank you for making it for me.

You initially said that a junior trader could've made the trade that derryb posted on Friday. Making that big of a trade is not one being made by a junior trader. I can't be any clearer about what I am try say. I would love to be the junior to a person incuring a $12k fee on one trade. That would be a very good life to live.

<< <i>And If I sell that 50 million ounces for a 10c gain then I made $5 million

And I would want to be "junior" to that guy, point proven, thank you for making it for me.

You initially said that a junior trader could've made the trade that derryb posted on Friday. Making that big of a trade is not one being made by a junior trader. I can't be any clearer about what I am try say. I would love to be the junior to a person incuring a $12k fee on one trade. That would be a very good life to live. >>

Almost like working from home. image

Junior traders routinely make $50 million trades. Its the Whales that you need to watch. Like the ones who make $50 billion trades.

If junior traders make $50M trades, then I must not even be a glimmer in my fathers eye yet LOL.

$50M of their own money, or money the are the manager of for someone else...has to be the latter, right?
  • TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 44,202 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I bought silver today. Probably have to sell some gold tomorrow to compensate for that move image

HE>I

Yes, they are helping to manage money for miners, hedge funds, banks, foundations, and private individuals.

• OperationButterOperationButter Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭
    John Williams - Shadow Stats Interview

Thought it was entertaining while listening at work
    Gold is for savings. Fiat is for transactions.

BST Transactions (as the seller): Collectall, GRANDAM, epcjimi1, wondercoin, jmski52, wheathoarder, jay1187, jdsueu, grote15, airplanenut, bigole
  • Glad you posted the JW interview OB.

It was informative.
    NumbersUsa, FairUs, Alipac, CapsWeb, and TeamAmericaPac
    No Cigars again this week. Any, intelligent and not wild, guess when we might break $35?

<< <i>No Cigars again this week. Any, intelligent and not wild, guess when we might break $35? >>

2016 image

Why not? Everyone is expecting imminently and virtually guaranteed, so what is the risk in sitting on the other side of the boat?

• tneigtneig Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭

<< <i>No Cigars again this week. Any, intelligent and not wild, guess when we might break $35? >>

Simply looking at the rolling hills of the chart this last year, we hit the $35. (The super highs of the previous year are now the unusual.)

About another week~ will tell if the wheel rolled over the top of this hill and starting down again. That's ok, and a time to buy more, and I'll cost average buy on the way down with incoming money.

The daily to weekly change is too close to follow. The lenght (at least) of the cycle pattern has some uniformity and something to consider.

"Soon Enough" it will cycle back up and over $35! Because seriously, $35 is too cheap.
    COA
    30 before 35

35 not until after election

• pursuitoflibertypursuitofliberty Posts: 6,782 ✭✭✭✭✭
    30 before 35

35 not until after election

I'll take the in-between ... no more sub-30 this year, and not before the election ... 35 again? I'd say 75% chance by the end of the year

but, wth do I know image

“We are only their care-takers,” he posed, “if we take good care of them, then centuries from now they may still be here … ”

Todd - BHNC #242
    30 before 35 is the lock bet of the year imo. Might as well make some paper money on the downside depending what it does Monday. I re-funded my trading account yesterday, hopefully will be able to make some cash on the down side starting Monday, because, we're headed down from here me thinks.
    I think shorting silver in the market is a better bet than buying more physical at this point.

<< <i>30 before 35

35 not until after election >>

This is scary...for once I totally agree with derryb. image

Watch is jump to $40 now in the next week.image

<< <i>

<< <i>30 before 35

35 not until after election >>

This is scary...for once I totally agree with derryb. image

Watch is jump to $40 now in the next week.image >>

50 by Christmas. image

Anyone think $25 next year?

• Hope ya all stocked up on Silver at the lows of the day today.
    NumbersUsa, FairUs, Alipac, CapsWeb, and TeamAmericaPac
    rut roh! Looks like solid ground is being searched for in overseas trading. Could be something scary to wake up to Monday AM.
    I was actually hoping for a bounce so I could short SLV...still might do it tomorrow.
    After failing to build upon the high from all the QE hype, profit taking at every attempt once it reached $35-something (like 7 times I counted), spells a significant fall imo.
    Dont be surprised if the low $20's isn't where it ends at starting from here, where I called it about a month ago now.

Tell me, what else can drive it to run from here? Nothing! QE-indefinite is announced and it can't continue to run? Silver is quickly losing it's shine now that Romney is leading the polls. Think the 2 aren't connected? Think again, (as Scotty from Star Terk use to say) look what's happening man! I've given it all shes's got man!

• << <i>
    After failing to build upon the high from all the QE hype, profit taking at every attempt once it reached $35-something (like 7 times I counted), spells a significant fall imo.
    Dont be surprised if the low $20's isn't where it ends at starting from here, where I called it about a month ago now.

>>

When silver failed to close above $35 on numerous times, that spelled trouble for silver IMO. I think that it will go down to the $30-$31 range this week and may eventually go down to under $30. I am also think that silver will retest the $26 support level before this year is over. Just my gut feeling speaking to me. image

DISCLAIMER: I am NOT a '70's silver art bar expert but I try my best to play one on the Internet.
    I'm expecting the buyers to jump in and put it back to $34 between 8 a.m. and noon on Monday.

I'm expecting the buyers to jump in and put it back to $34 between 8 a.m. and noon on Monday.

If that happens, I will most likely have pulled the trigger on a short of SLV. Stay tuned...
  • jdimmickjdimmick Posts: 9,657 ✭✭✭✭✭
    33 is coming first

<< <i>33 is coming first >>

The trigger for the new buyers

• WingsruleWingsrule Posts: 3,001 ✭✭✭✭
    Over the past month, the Dow is down ~2%, the S&P is down a little over 2%, NASDAQ is 4+% cheaper, and gold and silver are flat (including today's drop of less than 1%).
    Over the past month, the Dow is down ~2%, the S&P is down a little over 2%, NASDAQ is 4+% cheaper, and gold and silver are flat (including today's drop of less than 1%).

What is the key word in that statement? It is, past.
    WR you have been excellent in your recent "predicitions" of silver. That said, what are you saying now, going forward for let's say the next month? I'm not asking for a specific number, a simple flat, up or down will suffice. tia
  • WingsruleWingsrule Posts: 3,001 ✭✭✭✭
    The close on 11/14/12: +/- $1.50 from right now ($33.23).