Home Precious Metals
Options

$35 sure seems like a new ceiling for silver

Comments

• Options
    OPAOPA Posts: 17,109 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>the 40+ not paying any income tax are nowhere near your $50K medium income average for 2009. This in itself means a higher tax payment for those at the $50k income. My point was that your data set, like jmski's chart, doesn't show the full picture. Chart's and figures rarely do. We have to determine what they are not telling us as much as we have to determine what they are telling us.

As for time to live in, the 70's would be a nice revisit. image >>

Actually, I would have preferred the 60's, with a dab of the 70's as a dessert. image
    "Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • Options
    cohodkcohodk Posts: 18,766 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>As you can see things are somewhat cheaper today per hour than they were in 1915.

Opa, dont you know this isnt the place for facts?

If the number of weeks needed to purchase a new car has only decreased from 39 weeks to 28 weeks since 1915, and considering the massive leaps in technology in terms of time-saving and labor-saving devices - don't you actually think that the gains should have been alot more dramatic than a mere 28% in human effort?

Where did the rest of all that huge advantage in technology and automation go? A devalued currency would be my guess. >>

Well, your question is more a matter of opinion, but I'll play. Not only is the automobile effectively 28% cheaper, but it is much safer, more powerful, more comfortable. The huge advantage in technology surrounds you everyday, yet we apparently have become numb to such advances. Accidents that just 30 years ago would have resulted in serious injury or death to passengers are now in many cases just afterthoughts.

Back to the OP----So far $35 has been some resistance.

Excuses are tools of the ignorant

Knowledge is the enemy of fear

• Options
    cohodkcohodk Posts: 18,766 ✭✭✭✭✭
    the drastic change in disposable income as a percentage of median income in 2009 vs. 2015

The fact is that the drastic change is a voluntary choice of living standard. If one were to live like someone in 1915, he would most assuredly have a tremendous amount of disposable income.
    Excuses are tools of the ignorant

Knowledge is the enemy of fear

• Options
    derrybderryb Posts: 36,375 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>the drastic change in disposable income as a percentage of median income in 2009 vs. 2015

The fact is that the drastic change is a voluntary choice of living standard. If one were to live like someone in 1915, he would most assuredly have a tremendous amount of disposable income. >>

The fact is that disposable income is greatly reduced in 2009 by taxes and other mandated income withholdings that did not exist in 1915.

Rampant currency debasement will be the most important investment trend of this decade, and it will devastate most people.
    - Nick Giambruno
    Buy dollar insurance now, because the policy will cost more as the dollar becomes worth less.

• Options
    piecesofmepiecesofme Posts: 6,669 ✭✭✭
    Let down yet again. So when is $40 suppose to arrive again? Seems like a carrot being dangled.
    To forgive is to free a prisoner, and to discover that prisoner was you.
  • Options
    WingsruleWingsrule Posts: 2,990 ✭✭✭✭
    Silver is up more than 22% since 07/31/12.
  • Options
    JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Silver is up more than 22% since 07/31/12. >>

what's with all the facts? geez.....MJ
    Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • Options
    You're right, what was I thinking?
  • Options
    It amazes me how some people can never let go, and act as if they are perfect like God. Must be hell living life as a troll. How 'bout it MJ & WR? What's it like?
  • Options

<< <i>It amazes me how some people can never let go, and act as if they are perfect like God. Must be hell living life as a troll. How 'bout it MJ & WR? What's it like? >>

1) $35 has acted like a ceiling for silver so far. Ceilings can turn into floors. Or it may just be a ceiling.

2) I have no idea why you think everything is about you. My comment was to solely directed to the fact that silver is up 22% since July 31. As commented before it probably needs a nap/rest

3) You seem very sensitive.

MJ

edited for a typo
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • Options

<< <i>Let down yet again. So when is $40 suppose to arrive again? Seems like a carrot being dangled. >>

You sound bitter! Having problems getting your price on the BST or eBay for your silver bars?

20% gain within a 3 month period.....I should be so lucky with all of my investments. My guesstimate, we'll see $40 silver within the next 12 month.
  • Options
    MilesWaitsMilesWaits Posts: 5,317 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Calling MJ or other respected members here a "troll" is no more ludicrous than assuming that others that claim:

"Silver aint ever gonna see $30 again, you (may have) heard it here first. Sorry to break the bad news.
    Not trying to be a downer, just being realistic. Dont kill the messenger. "

are somehow good judges of character or have a sense of humor.
    Now riding the swell in PM's and surf.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>Let down yet again. So when is $40 suppose to arrive again? Seems like a carrot being dangled. >>

You sound bitter! Having problems getting your price on the BST or eBay for your silver bars?

20% gain within a 3 month period.....I should be so lucky with all of my investments. My guesstimate, we'll see $40 silver within the next 12 month. >>

Sooner. You know me . . . always the silver optimist. I'm a troll also.

Rampant currency debasement will be the most important investment trend of this decade, and it will devastate most people.
    - Nick Giambruno
    Buy dollar insurance now, because the policy will cost more as the dollar becomes worth less.

• Options
    Don't play dumb MJ, it doesn't become you.

Having problems getting your price on the BST or eBay for your silver bars?
    Yeah, a little, and I'm not bitter either. But I am sick of people on here pumping silver when it obviously cannot get N. of $35 for about the 5th try now.
  • Options
    DrBusterDrBuster Posts: 5,326 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Somebody is impatient. What's with all the attitude POM? Nobody is giving you grief.
  • Options
    To clear up some misconceptions in the past several threads (i.e. let's have a discussion with facts, not name calling):

Silver is up about 28% in the last 3 months OPA. It's 22% in two months.
    Silver has broken $35.
    I am not perfect, and have never claimed to be.
    I don't beleive I have ever "pumped" silver, either on these boards or elsewhere. Believing it to be part of a balanced investment package, guilty as charged.
  • Options
    jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,530 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My take on this forum is that we all exchange info and points of view. I like it, cause it works. Have an opinion, but don't get too riled if someone disagrees or if it doesn't quite work out. We're all here to learn. I even learn from Baley and cohodk, occasionally.
    Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.
  • Options

<< <i>I even learn from Baley and cohodk, occasionally. >>

image I was just thinking the same thing. And I miss Ghecko.

<< <i>Don't play dumb MJ, it doesn't become you.
    Having problems getting your price on the BST or eBay for your silver bars?
    Yeah, a little, and I'm not bitter either. But I am sick of people on here pumping silver when it obviously cannot get N. of $35 for about the 5th try now. >>

patience, grasshopper. Guess you weren't around when it was stuck on $7 in 2005 or $14 in 2007 or $18 in 2010 or . . .
    Before the PM bull is over, silver will prove to have been the most profitable approach (pump, pump). image
    FWIW, silver has provided some of the best returns for the year, let it catch its breath.

- Nick Giambruno

• Options
    bronco2078bronco2078 Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭✭✭

who needs silver at 40 ? I don't want silver to go up send it back to 26 again so its more affordable. image

• Options
    What's with all the attitude POM? Nobody is giving you grief.

I'll tell you why. MJ, OPA and WR are constantly mocking me, and I don't appreciate it one bit.
    You think that little thing that MJ and WR did wasn't choreographed, it all just happen to occur at that time when they both just happened to on the site??? Gimme a break.
    And then OPA comes on and gives me a low blow like that, sure after I called MJ & WR trolls, so what the ehck does OPA have to chime in for.
    I'm just sick of it. What did I ever do to them? I only throw the rock back after getting hit in the back of the head, I didn't start anything.
    So what's with the constant mocking, THAT'S what the attitude is for!
  • Options
    You need help. MJ
  • Options
    BaleyBaley Posts: 22,659 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I get mocked everywhere except on this forum for being a precious metals nut, and mocked on this forum for not being enough of a precious metals nut image

Liberty: Parent of Science & Industry

• Options
    mocked on this forum for not being enough of a precious metals nut image

Hey, if the shoe fits..............image

I knew it would happen.
  • Options
    Some of my favorite people on this forum are the ones I don't see eye to eye with. Most everybody on this forum I think I could sit down and really enjoy a beer or two with.

MJ
  • Options

<< <i>What's with all the attitude POM? Nobody is giving you grief.

I'll tell you why. MJ, OPA and WR are constantly mocking me, and I don't appreciate it one bit.
    You think that little thing that MJ and WR did wasn't choreographed, it all just happen to occur at that time when they both just happened to on the site??? Gimme a break.
    And then OPA comes on and gives me a low blow like that, sure after I called MJ & WR trolls, so what the ehck does OPA have to chime in for.
    I'm just sick of it. What did I ever do to them? I only throw the rock back after getting hit in the back of the head, I didn't start anything.
    So what's with the constant mocking, THAT'S what the attitude is for! >>

Your paranoid comments and actions speak for themselves. You don't need any help from me.
  • Options

<< <i>Some of my favorite people on this forum are the ones I don't see eye to eye with. Most everybody on this forum I think I could sit down and really enjoy a beer or two with.

MJ >>

Will you be bringing your new travel friend along? If not how about a pic.

- Nick Giambruno

• Options

<< <i>I get mocked everywhere except on this forum for being a precious metals nut, and mocked on this forum for not being enough of a precious metals nut image >>

your rationality is always appreciated and respected.

- Nick Giambruno

• Options
    OnlyGoldIsMoneyOnlyGoldIsMoney Posts: 3,323 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am pleased to see silver held $34 this week.

I recall when $18 looked like a long term ceiling and the unpleasantness from $48 down to $26. Bouncing off $35 now, even repeatedly, concerns me little.

Patience is the underappreciated part of owning PMs.

• Options
    Here, best distraction I've seen online in a while...and I'm late to this party; linkadoodle
  • Options

<< <i>Here, best distraction I've seen online in a while...and I'm late to this party; linkadoodle >>

thats good and all but trust me whatever you do if you see a link off to the right with hippo in the title don't watch it image
  • Options
    HA, going down a different rabbit hole can be fun sometimes.
  • Options

<< <i>Here, best distraction I've seen online in a while...and I'm late to this party; linkadoodle >>

Why does that dude remind me of the chubby bass player in Van Halen?

MJ
  • Options

<< <i>What's with all the attitude POM? Nobody is giving you grief.

So what's with the constant mocking, THAT'S what the attitude is for! >>

Hey Pieces,

Iv'e noticed quite a few say they miss Gecko on the boards and I believe you have said the same. Could it be that you are pulling a little Gecko sentimetality in your recent quips?
    ie Just trying to spice up the dialogue with a little personal intrigue to go along with our facination with PM's. Just wonderun..
    NumbersUsa, FairUs, Alipac, CapsWeb, and TeamAmericaPac
  • Options
    LukeMarshallLukeMarshall Posts: 1,928 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm digging it...

I was actually introduced to K-Pop music a couple years back, seems as though it's becoming mainstream.

I'm outta here image

It's all about what the people want...

• Options
    PerryHallPerryHall Posts: 45,656 ✭✭✭✭✭
    What ever happened to gecko? Did he get banned or did he just move on?

Worry is the interest you pay on a debt you may not owe.

• Options
    After sleeping on it, and reading some very thoughtful messages a few of you sent me, I see it more clearly now. Thanks to those who were kind enough to take the time to send me a personal message, I appreciate that...you know who you are.

As for those who keep pounding for no damn good reason other than just to do it out of spite, thanks for letting me know what kind of person YOU are too.
    Funny how Numbers accuses me of attempting to stir the pot, when all I did is make a comment about silver failing to break past the $35 ceiling it is clearly having trouble doing so. I didn't take a shot at anyone here in that initial post yesterday, but others choose to take a personal shot at me, and don't act like you can't see from past history that is wasn't a personal shot.
    Facts? Does that ring a bell? I screwed up with what I thought was a fact at the time, then when it was pointed out that I/it was wrong, or maybe not completely fact, I recanted. But some here have to take personal shots by saying, "what's with all the facts" after I posted yesterday. That was clearly done out of spite, and then OPA's comment asking me " Having problems getting your price on the BST or eBay for your silver bars?" was so over the top, it's unforgivable. I have NEVER said such a thing about anything he has ever attempted to sell.

I am sorry of it seems that I am being too sensitive, but that kind of crap is just uncalled for the way I see it...and then for ME to be accused of stirring the pot??? Gimme a break. Like I said, I only throw rocks back after getting hit in the back of the head with them.
  • Options

<< <i>Like I said, I only throw rocks back after getting hit in the back of the head with them. >>

don't throw them back. They aren't hitting you in the head, they're hitting Piecesofme in the head. He's just a digital creation, sorta like all those new FED dollars. digital creations are tossing the digital rocks at you, it's all make believe unless you allow it to become reality. image

- Nick Giambruno

• Options
    I hear ya derryb. Taking the high road is usually tough for most because it's uphill everytime. Good advice, thanks.
  • Options

<< <i>What ever happened to gecko? Did he get banned or did he just move on? >>

Hammer came down after the last tirade.
  • Options
    LukeMarshallLukeMarshall Posts: 1,928 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>What ever happened to gecko? Did he get banned or did he just move on? >>

Hammer came down after the last tirade. >>

I somewhat remember the forum a buzz on some posts about being a PM dealer and a certain PT bar...

Then I went to work and when I came back everything was gone.

Forgive me If we aren't supposed to speak of this, but I'd like to know if anyone has time for a PM.

It's all about what the people want...

• Options

Last I heard he was trying to unionize vest pocket dealers image
  • Options
    Last I heard he was trying to unionize vest pocket dealers

Yet another cheap shot, and this time to someone who can't even defend himself. What is this place turning into? image
  • Options
    I'm sure that there was at least one valid reason that Gecko is no longer posting here, aside from him misrepresenting numerous things about himself.

By the same token, you have to ask yourself just how far you want to carry political correctness and whether or not you simply want to shut up everybody who you find objectionable, for whatever reason.

Weighing the two, I find Bronco's joke way funnier than I ever found Gecko's misrepresentations and/or diatribes acceptable. Just my opinion. Don't bam me for having a different view.

Back to silver ceilings and such,

I just can't get too excited about silver's short term fluctuations. I believe that the precious metals are manipulated beyond all semblance of market fairness, but I also believe that physical precious metals are a very good way to fight what the Fed continues to do - on a very personal level. Frankly, I resent what TPTB have done, and will continue to do.

If you even agree with me halfway, I cannot understand why you worry more about the short term ups & downs than you worry about simply stacking for posterity, or for a rainy day fund, as it were.

I knew it would happen.
  • Options
    I meant it in a good way Pieces
    NumbersUsa, FairUs, Alipac, CapsWeb, and TeamAmericaPac
  • Options
    TWQGTWQG Posts: 3,145 ✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>It will never hit $30 again in my lifetime

MJ >>

Is that a quote from an earlier misbegotten "silver price pieces doomsday" thread or a dire prediction for poor LA Money, MJ?

Miles >>

I miss LA Money's perspective. I find it ironic that he now does radio ads for a cash for gold outfit in Los Angeles.
  • Options
    MilesWaitsMilesWaits Posts: 5,317 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>It will never hit $30 again in my lifetime

MJ >>

Is that a quote from an earlier misbegotten "silver price pieces doomsday" thread or a dire prediction for poor LA Money, MJ?

Miles >>

I miss LA Money's perspective. I find it ironic that he now does radio ads for a cash for gold outfit in Los Angeles. >>

I miss him too. Maybe he is closer than we assume.

Come on back, LA, you are forgiven for suggesting gold need only be miniscule percentage of someones portfolio! Right around $700 or $800, I believe.

Miles
    Now riding the swell in PM's and surf.
  • Options
    It will hit $35 again this coming week.
  • Options
    It will hit $35 again this coming week

ok, i'll bite WR since you called what it's at now a couple weeks ago, but tell me why again image
  • Options
    Spain.

I think the stock market will pull back slightly now that Q3 is done, prior to the start of earnings reports, which is why I'm hedging my bets with VXX.
  • Options
    As Rodney"The Pinata" King said...can't we all just get along?
    UCSB Electrical Engineering....... USCG and NASA