Comments

• Options
    parkerjparkerj Posts: 1,098 ✭✭✭
    Geordie, you win my admiration.
  • Options

<< <i>Geordie, you win my admiration. >>

Sweet prize Jim
  • Options
    As long as we're all doing it, I'll throw a few scans up....

• Options
    WaltWalt Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭
    nice classic renditions! Nomar and Chipper always had nice sigs!

still not buying that the Mays autoproof exists until I see a pic of it. Supposed to be 25 of them.

W
  • Options

<< <i>nice classic renditions! Nomar and Chipper always had nice sigs!

still not buying that the Mays autoproof exists until I see a pic of it. Supposed to be 25 of them.

W >>

Walt,

The more I think about it, I would guess that the Mays autoproofs were redemptions. No one has been able to tell me otherwise. And with that being said, I would think the number of copies out there is probably more like 12-18.

I have a big Heritage collector I trust in NJ tell me he has one in his safety deposit box. I have no reason to doubt him since he is the only guy I know with a complete run of 01 (he actually had 2 and I bought a bunch of singles from him years back)

I'm with you, I would love to see one but I would more like to buy one.

Maybe some day.
  • Options
    Mays CC auto relics:

• Options
    fur72fur72 Posts: 2,348 ✭✭
    Seeing some talk on twitter and other places that Wal Mart might have Heritage on shelves already. Can anyone confirm?

Edit: I do see some singles showing up on ebay. Purple refractors, where would those be from?
  • Options
    Cory,

California and Oregon have a few. None in my area. Here is a picture of the odds of a blaster box....

I'll be opening a couple of hobby cases next week. Can't wait!

Craig from Texas
  • Options
    Beatles buy back cards? As in the music group? Would be cool if they threw in a Ringo auto or two.
  • Options
    KnopflerKnopfler Posts: 783 ✭✭✭
    OK, so chromes are 1:24 packs in blasters. Word is they are also 1:24 in hobby. Probably 1:24 in regular retail as well. There are 90 chromes this year, and they are now numbered to 999 instead of by year. So is my math correct?

90 cards, numbered to 999, one per 24 packs. I guess that means 2,157,840 packs total. How does that compare to last year?
  • Options
    oh my
    Big Fan of: HOF Post War RC, Graded RCs
    WTB: PSA 1 - PSA 3 Centered, High Eye Appeal 1950's Mantle
  • Options

<< <i>OK, so chromes are 1:24 packs in blasters. Word is they are also 1:24 in hobby. Probably 1:24 in regular retail as well. There are 90 chromes this year, and they are now numbered to 999 instead of by year. So is my math correct?

90 cards, numbered to 999, one per 24 packs. I guess that means 2,157,840 packs total. How does that compare to last year? >>

I went one further. If 2,157,840 total packs are produced, thats 89,910 boxes or 7,492 and a half cases. I figure some of these packs will go into rack packs for retail locations so thats how you get half a case.
    Looking for 1950 Bowman football PSA 7's
  • Options
    I have the hobby odds. Will be posted here soon:

My Baseball Card Blog

Very interesting this year to say the least!

Craig from Texas
  • Options
    Thanks for posting the odds Craig.

Seems like the cases should drop in price pretty quickly this year.
  • Options
    Not so sure. The Chromes are tougher to pull and more limited so they should hold their value. The autos are easier to pull. There are some things I don't like such as the rarity of the minis, coins, and black Chromes but I think this will be a solid product but nothing that will cause prices to escalate or decline in the near future.

Craig from Texas
  • Options
    it will be interesting for sure. i am a Master Set Collector, so the chromes/autos/GU'd mean nothing to me. the increased number of overall "stuff" is annoying
  • Options
    I am a master set collector too. Usually end up getting rid of autos, relic, etc unless its a card I really like.

Just checked Wal-Mart and Target. Dry here in Iowa.
  • Options
    Amen Fur. those inserts trade really well!
  • Options
    why would they mess up the print run on the chromes? It I was a heritage chrome set collector I would be ticked. Remember when chromes were 3 a box and refractors were one a box?
  • Options

<< <i>Remember when chromes were 3 a box and refractors were one a box? >>

Yes, last year! LOL
  • Options
    Walt,

I am sure it was a cost factor. Think about it. Chromes can't be real cheap to make and by numbering them to 999, they just cut the costs basically in half!!

Craig from Texas
  • Options

<< <i>Walt,

I am sure it was a cost factor. Think about it. Chromes can't be real cheap to make and by numbering them to 999, they just cut the costs basically in half!!

Craig from Texas >>

no way.

Chrome is something they make year in and year out for multiple brands. Cost had nothing to do with this
  • Options
    yeah I have to believe that cost had nothing to do with it. There are things that don't work for heritage and then there are things that have worked for heritage for years. The chrome are one of them. If it ain't broken, don't fix it!

Anyone else checking walmart tonight?

w
  • Options
    TNP777TNP777 Posts: 5,711 ✭✭✭
    Making a quick run to Wally World now.

edit: stuck out at WalMart and Target. Picked up one'a them value boxes. There was supposed to be Heritage in it, but it was LIES.

Ripping to commence anyway.

edit #2: What was advertised as Bowman, A&G, Archives, Heritage AND MORE!!!1!1!! turned out to be 7 packs of Bowman and 4 packs of A&G.

Meh.
  • Options
    Stay away from third party "value" boxes. The good packs have already been taken out and the dead packs are what packaged in there. I wish these could be outlawed. Same thing goes for pack molesters. The only value boxes I ever buy are the ones that are factory sealed by Topps.

Craig from Texas
  • Options
    BasiloneBasilone Posts: 2,492 ✭✭
    Chromes at 1:24 packs and numbered to #/999 ??? Talk about increasing the print run over the years!

I know everyone loves to bust packs and trade but every year it seems Topps is making it more and more advantageous to just buy off the secondary market.

Less time, Less clutter, Less money.

Win/Win/Win
  • Options
    Regarding the Mays 2001 autoproof.....they were inserted as box-toppers. They were actual 1952 cards signed by mays and #d to 25. Not sure how many are out there, maybe not all 25.....but I know Joe's contact as well, have met him several times and he is as straight up as they come. I ended up buying his entire heritage collection, minus the 2001 set. I remember him telling me that dealers from the era would often slit the cellophane wrapper to see if it fell out, then sell the boxes with slits to unknowing consumers. He has owned two, but never pulled from a box, currently still owns only one. Its likely that KeithO has one too. Someday we'll get a pic.
  • Options
    TNP777TNP777 Posts: 5,711 ✭✭✭
    Has anyone tried contacting KO to do a write up on his blog. Perhaps he'd be willing to scan that sucker and show it off there.
  • Options
    I always like heritage just because of the old school autos you can pull. A bit different then Brett Lawrie and Eric Hosmer autos imageimage
  • Options
    Still dry in Iowa. Nothing at Wal Wart, Target or Shop Ko. At this point I think I will just wait for hobby on Tuesday or Wednesday afternoon.
  • Options
    Josephcb09Josephcb09 Posts: 286 ✭✭
    I have emailed Olbermann about the autoproof and he doesn't have one. He was actually very nice and willing to discuss the set but he definitively told me that he hasn't ever owned one and he is not a real big fan of buybacks, in general.

By the way guys, I have an 01 case laying around that I purchased from BBCE a while back. What are the odds, there is one sitting in there? If I knew it wasn't a redemption, I might be tempted to open it.
  • Options
    ThoseBackPagesThoseBackPages Posts: 4,871 ✭✭
    if you guys opened any Target Flagship 2013 blasters, dont forget the coupon book. Heritage coupons in it are valid starting on wednesday
  • Options
    Mick65Mick65 Posts: 722 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Chromes at 1:24 packs and numbered to #/999 ??? Talk about increasing the print run over the years!

I know everyone loves to bust packs and trade but every year it seems Topps is making it more and more advantageous to just buy off the secondary market.

Less time, Less clutter, Less money.

Win/Win/Win >>

They aren't number to 1964 this year? I missed that?

Is it because they are moving to loading the product up with a lot of other sub sets and oddities....trying to juice it up to mirror the Archives set?

• Options
    Joe, I don't think it was a redemption.....go for it!
  • Options
    I called my local shop here in Chicago to ask him what his prices were for a hobby box. I've purchased stuff from him before, and I recall his prices around $65, perhaps one year he was $60 or $70. He's always in that range. I didn't identify myself on the phone, but he quoted $100 for a hobby box. He said, "yeah, 24 packs in the box and usually they sell for $5 a piece."

He's a good guy, and I know it's hard to cover costs on a brick & mortar establishment. He's told me before his Pokemon sales keep him going. I like supporting him, but that's a rough purchase when you can get the boxes online for $60.
  • Options
    Some people make bad business decisions. He obviously is making a huge mistake in trying to sell Heritage at a $100 a box. His biggest mistake, and one I would not forgive him for, is telling you a lie about what he usually sells them for. I would no longer support him because he's dishonest.

Craig from Texas
  • Options
    I just find it incredible that I have NEVER seen the Mays autoproof and that no one from topps can even confirm that they exist. I almost think that they all might be in one box as an error.

• Options
    Mick65Mick65 Posts: 722 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know why Topps pulled the plug on the Colt 45 Astros Variations?

I thought that was a pretty cool variation, as opposed to the color changes.
  • Options
    psu92psu92 Posts: 283
    I agree. The color variation was last year! Colt 45 variations was a cool idea.

Maybe nobody cares about the Astros???

<< <i>Does anyone know why Topps pulled the plug on the Colt 45 Astros Variations?

I thought that was a pretty cool variation, as opposed to the color changes. >>

• Options
    I think it was a last minute PR move by Topps along the lines of why the Washington Bullets are now the Waahington Wizards.

Craig from Texas
  • Options
    Both of the two big distributors have sold out of Topps Heritage! I don't ever remember this happening prior to a Heritage release.

Craig from Texas
  • Options
    Which two? 2009 was very short printed. Also sold out prior to release.
  • Options
    BasiloneBasilone Posts: 2,492 ✭✭

Have no fear..there will be a TON of Heritage out there...it's been that way for years.
  • Options
    Any new retail sightings?

Topps just posted this picture on their Twitter page:

• Options
    The two I was referring to are Blowout cards and Atlanta sports cards. However Atlanta sports cards now is listing it again at $760.

Craig from Texas
  • Options
    Just left Wal-Mart and they have Heritage. Picked up a blaster and a few loose packs.
    Looking for 1950 Bowman football PSA 7's
  • Options
    08HALA2008HALA20 Posts: 3,066 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Just left Wal-Mart and they have Heritage. Picked up a blaster and a few loose packs. >>

Nothing here at Target in MA

Joe
  • Options
    The first autograph just hit ebay:

• Options
    NickMNickM Posts: 4,896 ✭✭✭
    Hit 2 Targets, a Walmart, and a TRU today (South FL). No Heritage at any of them, nor signs that some had arrived (e.g., no price tags, no empty spots for boxes). Did get some older blasters of other stuff at 40% off. Someone I saw on Twitter checked the big 3 retailers in SoCal today, and found nothing either.

Nick
    Reap the whirlwind.

Need to buy something for the wife or girlfriend? Check out Vintage Designer Clothing.