Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

2012 Topps Mini Baseball

So, Topps has decided to go back to 1975 and give the mini baseball a try again. Instead of a 2 state test run, they are going Internet sales only... 24 pack boxes, 10 cards per pack... 1 auto or relic per box (the auto list wasn't too bad... IE. Harper, Trout, Darvish, Musial, Gwynn, etc.).

Pre sale started this morning, boxes start shipping on August 1st! It says it's going to be a short printed product (whatever that means)... at $50 a box!

Anyone else pre-order today???

I ordered 6 boxes!

Comments

• Options
    epatmythesepatmythes Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭
  • Options
    scmavlscmavl Posts: 1,400 ✭✭✭
    Thanks for the heads up, I picked up two.
    2.5 is pretty much my speed.
  • Options
    jmmiller777jmmiller777 Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭
    Ya, another thanks for the heads up. I didn't hear of this product at all. Got 3 boexes ordered and paid
    CURRENT PROJECTS IN WORK:
    To be honest, no direction, but...
    1966-69 Topps EX+
    1975 minis NrMt Kelloggs PSA 9
    All Topps Heritage-Master Sets
  • Options
    BaltimoreYankeeBaltimoreYankee Posts: 2,934 ✭✭✭✭✭
    $50 a box (24 packs) on Topps web site. Free shipping.

Does anyone know if Topps shrink wraps boxes these days? I'd like to get one and sock it away.
    Daniel
  • Options
    08HALA2008HALA20 Posts: 3,066 ✭✭✭
    Thanks for the heads up

I can't resist minis.

Joe
  • Options
    Nascar360Nascar360 Posts: 1,851 ✭✭✭
    Thanks for the heads up!!

I hope this is not limited to the amount they can sell? I got 4 boxes, we will see if this is going to be a winner.

• Options
    RookieWaxRookieWax Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭
    Now, if they did it correctly and went back to actual cardboard cards, rather than shiny plastic-like cards...I might be interested. But smaller plastic is still plastic, so no thanks for me.
  • Options
    I hope it is very limited...
    1966-69 Topps EX+
  • Options
    BaltimoreYankeeBaltimoreYankee Posts: 2,934 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rookie - Amen to that, brother! One of the other things I hate about modern is they always have to have shiny foil lettering. Bring back the old cards that just had a photo and smelled like cardboard.
    Daniel
  • Options
    TOPPS MINI PROMOS - At The National

Topps will be offering a limited number of all-new 2012 Topps Mini Baseball boxes (online exclusive) for sale at it’s booth during the show. Collector’s purchasing a box will receive a special five-card set of mini promo cards. The subjects include:

Yu Darvish
    Bryce Harper
    Matt Kemp
    Stephen Strasburg
    Roy Halladay
  • Options

<< <i>TOPPS MINI PROMOS - At The National

Topps will be offering a limited number of all-new 2012 Topps Mini Baseball boxes (online exclusive) for sale at it’s booth during the show. Collector’s purchasing a box will receive a special five-card set of mini promo cards. The subjects include:

Yu Darvish
    Bryce Harper
    Matt Kemp
    Stephen Strasburg
    Roy Halladay >>

Nice 5-card set. I wish I was going.

Joe
  • Options
    I'll see what I can do Joe image
  • Options

<< <i>I'll see what I can do Joe image >>

Thank you,

It sounds like this year will be wild.

I look forward to reading nightly updates on here.

It would be awesome if someone on here wins BBCE Bush card giveaway.

Joe

• Options
    PROMETHIUS88PROMETHIUS88 Posts: 2,841 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Crap! I couldn't go on at work today to order a box so waited and now the Topps website shows sold out! Darn....just one box was all I wanted...sniff, sniff!
    Promethius881969@yahoo.com
  • Options
    Anybody know whats up with the 2012 mini's already being sold out on Topps website? Are they really that short printed?
    I have no collecting direction. I just buy stuff!
  • Options

<< <i>Crap! I couldn't go on at work today to order a box so waited and now the Topps website shows sold out! Darn....just one box was all I wanted...sniff, sniff! >>

I'll bet one of those lucky guys going to the National would pick one up for you. If I was going, I would...
    1966-69 Topps EX+
  • Options
    I just canceled my order since they will not give you the free pack of national cards if you got them on-line. I will just get the boxes at the national on Wednesday!

• Options
    I would love it if someone could pick me up a box at the Nationals...don't need the national cards...just want the box. Heck, if anyone else is considering cancelling their order, I would love to get one box before they do???

Tim
  • Options

<< <i>I would love it if someone could pick me up a box at the Nationals...don't need the national cards...just want the box. Heck, if anyone else is considering cancelling their order, I would love to get one box before they do???

Tim >>

I don't believe Topps ever sets up and sells product at Cheerleading competitions... I could be wrong though image
  • Options
    PROMETHIUS88 (Tim) I will pick you up a box if you will give your National cards to 08HALA20 (Joe). I'm not sure how much they will be but I figure they will be $50 plus postage to you. If you’re cool with that then I don’t mind doing the leg work.

Val
  • Options
    That would be awesome! Thanks!
  • Options
    PROMETHIUS88 I sent you a PM
  • Options
    Val, I got your pm. Sorry I can't respond via pm....haven't been able to for about 3 years and not sure why. I'm only looking for one box and yes, payment can be made that way. Send the info to my e-mail Promethius88@comcast.net.

Thank you so much!

Tim
  • Options
    Looks like these will be available again tomorrow. 8/1

Link

Joe
  • Options
    PROMETHIUS88,
    I got you a box but I think your better deal would be to get these from the Topps site since they have free shipping. No problem if you want to do that since you will save on the shipping fee.
    Just let me know what you want to do.
    Val
  • Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,590 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Glad they decided to put these back up for sale as I missed out first time around. Just ordered 3 boxes.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    LarryPLarryP Posts: 339 ✭✭

<< <i>Glad they decided to put these back up for sale as I missed out first time around. Just ordered 3 boxes. >>

Me too ... I just had to get me a box of these too!

-Larry
    Upgrading: Nothing!

Selling: Everything!
    eBay Auctions
  • Options
    Did anyone who pre-ordered get them yet?
  • Options
    I did not get mine yet. When the pre-order started, they said they would start shipping August 1st... now if you order from them, it says scheduled ship date of August 9th... so who knows!
  • Options
    I saw the different dates but didnt know if the Aug 1 day was for pre-order and Aug 9th for current orders. I cancelled my pre-order order and picked them up at the show instead.
  • Options
    Didn't get mine either. Looks like Topps is up to their old trick-"Limited Production"
    1966-69 Topps EX+
  • Options
    I ran the numbers (using the gold cards) and it looks like they made about 8000 wax boxes for about 3000 sets. I aksed the Topps guy in the Q&A if ther were making Mini factory sets and he said NO!

• Options

<< <i>I saw the different dates but didnt know if the Aug 1 day was for pre-order and Aug 9th for current orders. I cancelled my pre-order order and picked them up at the show instead. >>

No tracking info on my 7/18 preorder.

Joe
  • Options
    Update: There is no mention on the sales sheet but there are silver versions numbered to 5! I hit a Josh Beckett 5/5!
  • Options
    matthewbschultz83matthewbschultz83 Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭
    I have 5 boxes coming my way. Will put together a Ranger team set and a complete set. Hope to have lots to trade. The only #ed variations I'm looking for are #18 Colby Lewis. If anyone comes across any I would be grateful to try and work out a trade or buy them from you.
    Matt's Card Page
    What I'm selling

Building Sets, Collecting Texas Rangers, and Texas Tech Red Raiders
  • Options

<< <i>Update: There is no mention on the sales sheet but there are silver versions numbered to 5! I hit a Josh Beckett 5/5! >>

Sweeeet!!! Pull

Can't wait to get mine and bust them.

Will probably need 3 boxes to make a set.

I think I will do the base set and relic set.

Joe
  • Options
    You might need 4 boxes to make a set. I opened 3 boxes and have gotten sorted to 399 and I am missing sixty something so far out of 400.
  • Options

<< <i>You might need 4 boxes to make a set. I opened 3 boxes and have gotten sorted to 399 and I am missing sixty something so far out of 400. >>

Is that a lot of doubles or inserts?

Joe
  • Options

<< <i>You might need 4 boxes to make a set. I opened 3 boxes and have gotten sorted to 399 and I am missing sixty something so far out of 400. >>

do you have any pics? would love to see some scans did you pull anything good?
  • Options
    The Shop at Topps card is normal size and used for reference.
    The silver Josh Beckett is numbered 5/5 on the back. Gold cards are numbered to 61.

• Options

<< <i>I ran the numbers (using the gold cards) and it looks like they made about 8000 wax boxes for about 3000 sets. I aksed the Topps guy in the Q&A if ther were making Mini factory sets and he said NO! >>

Good job, I guess that is somewhat limited then...
    1966-69 Topps EX+
  • Options
    I like them, but there are more relics (25 different ones) than autos (16 different ones) and we don't know if it's one to one. I am afraid that the autos are going to be tuff to pull and I am running about 20% dups.
  • Options
    CDsNutsCDsNuts Posts: 10,092
    I am buying all Golds, Blacks/Platinums/Silvers (whatever you want to call them), autos and relics from this set. If you busted some and want to move it shoot me a pm with what you have and a price. I'd also be willing to buy base cards to build sets but I'm not paying much for them.

Lee
  • Options

<< <i>I like them, but there are more relics (25 different ones) than autos (16 different ones) and we don't know if it's one to one. I am afraid that the autos are going to be tuff to pull and I am running about 20% dups. >>

They relics and autos will be tough pulls.

Actually there is 50 relics and 31 autos.

They are doubled on the checklist page.

Relic/Autos

At even distribution and 1 per box and 8,000 boxes that would make 100 of each Auto and Relic.

Joe
  • Options
    Thanks Joe, I didnt see the other column. I guess since I opened 3 boxes and got the 3 relics I thought Auto's might be tuff.

You asked about Dups. I had 126 dups out of 3 boxes and I am mising 111 cards.
  • Options

<< <i>Thanks Joe, I didnt see the other column. I guess since I opened 3 boxes and got the 3 relics I thought Auto's might be tuff.

You asked about Dups. I had 126 dups out of 3 boxes >>

That sounds like a lot of dups.

I will be opening 3 boxes to start and try for the set.

With ship date of 9th and 4 day UPS delivery I hope to get them next Monday.

Will gladly trade to complete a base set and an extra Harper to go to PSA.

Joe

• Options
    I'm looking to buy Braves cards, Relics, Numbered, and base cards
    Scoreboard Malfunction
  • Options
    So it looks more like 5 boxes to get a set. Hmmm, $250 for the set. Are all of the insert sets included as well?
    1966-69 Topps EX+
  • Options
    My order shipped today tracking # provided but not on UPS site yet.
    Joe
  • Options
    fur72fur72 Posts: 2,348 ✭✭
    I have been going back and fourth on if I should buy a box or two. Doesnt look like they are flying off the shelf (or website). Can anyone determine the print run from the packing? The biggest thing that makes this attractive are the rookies.