Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Newp.hope it looks as good in hand whatcha all think? (update,Coin received and new picture

gripgrip Posts: 9,962 ✭✭✭✭✭

Comments

• Options
    2ltdjorn2ltdjorn Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭✭
    Can't go wrong with that one. Nice coin.
    WTB... errors, New Orleans gold, and circulated 20th key date coins!
  • Options
    lasvegasteddylasvegasteddy Posts: 10,408 ✭✭✭
    wow...what a coin
    sweet example too
    congrats
    everything in life is but merely on loan to us by our appreciation....lose your appreciation and see

• Options
    Tdec1000Tdec1000 Posts: 3,851 ✭✭✭
    Vf? I have a hard time grading the classics!
    Awarded the coveted "You Suck" Award on 22 Oct 2010 for finding a 1942/1 D Dime in silver, and on 7 Feb 2011 Cherrypicking a 1914 MPL Cent on Ebay!

Successful BST Transactions!SIconbuster, Meltdown, Mission16, slothman2000, RGjohn, braddick, au58lover, allcoinsrule, commemdude, gerard, lablade, PCcoins, greencopper, kaz, tydye, cucamongacoin, mkman123, SeaEaglecoins, Doh!, AnkurJ, Airplanenut, ArizonaJack, JJM,Tee135,LordMarcovan, Swampboy, piecesofme, Ahrensdad,
  • Options
    Graded as a VF 35..I also have a hard time grading this series.I find it hard
    to distinguish wear from "strike".
  • Options
    michiganboymichiganboy Posts: 1,246 ✭✭
    Looks like a good example to me.
    Positive BST transactions:michaeldixon,nibanny,
    type2,CCHunter.
  • Options
    renomedphysrenomedphys Posts: 3,508 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You have a good eye. So does Lady Liberty.
  • Options
    joeykoinsjoeykoins Posts: 14,879 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Beauuutiful!!! those 1700's are in a class of their own. That has to be one,If not the best coin In your coin collection. Nice! People don't realize what era these are, man,you certainly do,thanks for showing.image

"Jesus died for you and for me, Thank you,Jesus"!!!

--- If it should happen I die and leave this world and you want to remember me. Please only remember my opening Sig Line.
  • Options
    Now that is a great coin
  • Options
    JRoccoJRocco Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have always been partial to those 3 leaves.
    She is a beauty.
    Some coins are just plain "Interesting"
  • Options
    mkman123mkman123 Posts: 6,849 ✭✭✭✭
    You suck grip for taking all the nice coins from me. Hahah jk
    Successful Buying and Selling transactions with:

Many members on this forum that now it cannot fit in my signature. Please ask for entire list.
  • Options
    mkman123mkman123 Posts: 6,849 ✭✭✭✭
    You suck grip for taking all the nice coins from me. Hahah jk
    Successful Buying and Selling transactions with:

Many members on this forum that now it cannot fit in my signature. Please ask for entire list.
  • Options
    DRUNNERDRUNNER Posts: 3,801 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Very nice original piece . . . .a classic!

Drunner
  • Options
    TPRCTPRC Posts: 3,740 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hope so too. If it does, it will be a real winner. B-5 (r-1), I believe. Unmistakeable die scratch. Very nice and looks like it should carry a pretty high grade. The hair didn't have a lot of detail.

Edited to add I would not argue with a grade of 35 if it looks nice in hand.

Tom

• Options
    keyman64keyman64 Posts: 15,456 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looks great to me!
    "If it's not fun, it's not worth it." - KeyMan64
    Looking for Top Pop Mercury Dime Varieties & High Grade Mercury Dime Toners. :smile:
  • Options
    Walkerguy21DWalkerguy21D Posts: 11,150 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Very nice mid grade+ example!
    Successful BST transactions with 170 members. Recent: Tonedeaf, Shane6596, Piano1, Ikenefic, RG, PCGSPhoto, stman, Don'tTelltheWife, Boosibri, Ron1968, snowequities, VTchaser, jrt103, SurfinxHI, 78saen, bp777, FHC, RYK, JTHawaii, Opportunity, Kliao, bigtime36, skanderbeg, split37, thebigeng, acloco, Toninginthblood, OKCC, braddick, Coinflip, robcool, fastfreddie, tightbudget, DBSTrader2, nickelsciolist, relaxn, Eagle eye, soldi, silverman68, ElKevvo, sawyerjosh, Schmitz7, talkingwalnut2, konsole, sharkman987, sniocsu, comma, jesbroken, David1234, biosolar, Sullykerry, Moldnut, erwindoc, MichaelDixon, GotTheBug
  • Options
    messydeskmessydesk Posts: 19,704 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think it will look better in hand.
  • Options
    crypto79crypto79 Posts: 8,623

<< <i>Can't go wrong with that one. Nice coin. >>

X2

Really, it will always be a meaty original flowing hair dollar. Very Very nice
  • Options
    pursuitoflibertypursuitofliberty Posts: 6,593 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice pickup I think ... that's a great looking VF/XF example ... and I agree ... I think it will look better in hand!

Very, very nice!! image

“We are only their care-takers,” he posed, “if we take good care of them, then centuries from now they may still be here … ”

Todd - BHNC #242
  • Options
    MikeInFLMikeInFL Posts: 10,188 ✭✭✭✭
    That's quite a coin. Made me do a double-take. image
    Collector of Large Cents, US Type, and modern pocket change.
  • Options
    BillJonesBillJones Posts: 33,485 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This variety tends to come with a flat strike which limits the amount of hair detail. Still my grade would lower down the VF scale than the NGC grade, but I'm from the old school. The variety with the "bar" in back of the head of Ms. Liberty is the most common among the 1795 Flowing Hair dollars. It is a nice coin, although I'm not sure the white balance is correct in the photo. The piece looks to be a little to "yellow."

Here is a piece I once owned of the same variety. NGC called this one EF-40. My grade was VF-30. My piece had adjustment marks, and that made it harder to sell when the time came to let it go.

For a comparison of the next grade up, here is a PCGS EF-40.

Retired dealer and avid collector of U.S. type coins, 19th century presidential campaign medalets and selected medals. In recent years I have been working on a set of British coins - at least one coin from each king or queen who issued pieces that are collectible. I am also collecting at least one coin for each Roman emperor from Julius Caesar to ... ?
  • Options
    Thanks for all the feedback.I hope it's the lighting giving it that yellow
    tint..That my friends is my first FH SD image

Thanks Bill for the info,i new one of them came with a flat strike and was thinking
    the FH HD.
  • Options
    BillJonesBillJones Posts: 33,485 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Most varieties of this type tend to have flat strikes. The EF-40 I posted looks like a higher on some parts of the coin, but the hair detail holds it back.
    Retired dealer and avid collector of U.S. type coins, 19th century presidential campaign medalets and selected medals. In recent years I have been working on a set of British coins - at least one coin from each king or queen who issued pieces that are collectible. I am also collecting at least one coin for each Roman emperor from Julius Caesar to ... ?
  • Options
    SpoolySpooly Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭
    Great Coin! image
    Si vis pacem, para bellum

In God We Trust.... all others pay in Gold and Silver!
  • Options
    hchcoinhchcoin Posts: 4,825 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wasn't expecting that coin from the thread title. I love it.
  • Options
    BryceMBryceM Posts: 11,733 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Trade you for it. Pick any coin in my collection - straight across, OK?
  • Options
    What a difference in lighting.My photo captures the coins color.
  • Options
    DUIGUYDUIGUY Posts: 7,252 ✭✭✭
    Very nice example!

I tweeked your images a bit.

“A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly."

- Marcus Tullius Cicero, 106-43 BC
  • Options
    This is what it looks like in hand..

• Options
    Rayman311Rayman311 Posts: 423 ✭✭✭
    @Grip- Very nice FH $. Did you buy it from Wayne T?

A 1795 FH $ has been on my wish list and I noticed he had a few on his site. VF was a bit out of my range but I found a F15 that I could not pass on recently.
    Your FH is one sweet coin! Congrats!
  • Options
    Thank you! And yes it was from Wayne,he does have some nice early type's.Would like to see your F15.
    Thanks
    Al
  • Options
    keyman64keyman64 Posts: 15,456 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice! Glad it was not the goldish brown color...although I kinda did think that was from poor white balance. Glad it worked out. image
    "If it's not fun, it's not worth it." - KeyMan64
    Looking for Top Pop Mercury Dime Varieties & High Grade Mercury Dime Toners. :smile:
  • Options
    LanceNewmanOCCLanceNewmanOCC Posts: 19,999 ✭✭✭✭✭
    is anyone willing to provide the link? i may already have it but I won't know until someone confirms it.

looking for a few dates in early dollars xf-au

thanks

<--- look what's behind the mask! - cool link 1/NO ~ 2/NNP ~ 3/NNC ~ 4/CF ~ 5/PG ~ 6/Cert ~ 7/NGC 7a/NGC pop~ 8/NGCF ~ 9/HA archives ~ 10/PM ~ 11/NM ~ 12/ANACS cert ~ 13/ANACS pop - report fakes 1/ACEF ~ report fakes/thefts 1/NCIS - Numi-Classes SS ~ Bass ~ Transcribed Docs NNP - clashed coins - error training - V V mm styles -

• Options
    lasvegasteddylasvegasteddy Posts: 10,408 ✭✭✭
    looks way better in hand...what a coin to be proud of...congrats
    everything in life is but merely on loan to us by our appreciation....lose your appreciation and see

• Options
    Rayman311Rayman311 Posts: 423 ✭✭✭
    Grip- Once I figure out how to post photos I'll let you know.

Site: http://earlydollar.net/

Ray
  • Options

<< <i>.
    is anyone willing to provide the link? i may already have it but I won't know until someone confirms it.

looking for a few dates in early dollars xf-au

thanks
    . >>

LANCE..try this link

Text

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file