Home Precious Metals

ot: Anyone getting FB shares ?

124»

Comments

• JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just re read this thread. Human nature is awesome

mark
    Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......

<< <i>Actually the IPO was a disaster as the stock fell 60% in the first 6 months.

Below is a list of stocks that "the market" currently thinks are worth less than FB. I wonder what would happen to society if FB disappeared tomorrow vs the sudden loss of Budweiser, Disney, Coca-Cola or ATT?
    >>

IPO's are trickier these days are more companies come unto the market with roots already imbedded.

To answer your question there would be upheaval if FB disappeared tomorrow as opposed to those other companies. FB touches more people's lives more times a day. They will continue to find ways to monetize this as well. That was a lay up.

Mark
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • bluelobsterbluelobster Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭
    FB is a very creative company that has made a huge amount of money and has 100s of millions of followers, but the IPO was far from a lay up, it was as Gary Player said about Chambers Bay.."devestatating" , but no doubt it has turned a tidy profit for those that hung on. congrats to you MJ,

Personally, not sure if you guys have heard of them, but I'm waiting on Myspace to get spun off, I think they are on the cutting edge of social media image
  • DrBusterDrBuster Posts: 5,351 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Global big data gathering and social experimentation is profitable as hell.
  • cohodkcohodk Posts: 18,941 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yup, kids all around the globe are so excited to visit Menlo Park and ride a segway around FB headquarters.

And in bars across the country patrons line the bar ordering a Jack & Facebook.

Facebooks are dispensed in toilet stalls everywhere.

And nothing is more refreshing after mowing the lawn that an ice cold facebook.

I get 50 mpg when I fill my car with facebook.

Excuses are tools of the ignorant

Knowledge is the enemy of fear

• derrybderryb Posts: 36,586 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Facebook gives every nobody an opportunity to be somebody else.

"How many times can a man turn his head and pretend he just doesn’t see?” - Bob Dylan

• bidaskbidask Posts: 14,008 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just joined Facebook! 😀
    I manage money. I earn money. I save money .
    I give away money. I collect money.
    I don’t love money . I do love the Lord God.

<< <i>I just joined Facebook! 😀 >>

Send me a friend request.

<< <i>Yup, kids all around the globe are so excited to visit Menlo Park and ride a segway around FB headquarters.

And in bars across the country patrons line the bar ordering a Jack & Facebook.

Facebooks are dispensed in toilet stalls everywhere.

And nothing is more refreshing after mowing the lawn that an ice cold facebook.

I get 50 mpg when I fill my car with facebook. >>

Makes zero sense and what flew right over your head was the fact that Bud, Coke , ATT could all be replaced in a New York minute with any like product and would cause zero interruption. Give me a Pepsi, Miller and Verizon please with my FB. Or give me some DR Pepper, Coors and some T Mobile while I Facebook. Time to fill up? Sunoco, Mobil, Texaco on every corner. Disney has a franchise that at least has a sniff of what FB has. I own DIS as its a great franchise with little competition and can monetize in many ways. Like FB

Dave, you are losing a step. Get with the program

Mark

<< <i>I just joined Facebook! 😀 >>

Time to sell

Mark
    I get exactly what you meant Mark, but apparently I went over your head.

I get the monetization nonsense. But to me it just manipulating or exploiting human behavior. The benefit oftentimes is not for the consumer. And this you know as its your profession.

Take away FB and we have Twitter, or email, or any other messaging system. I'm sure AAPL could develop an alternative in about 3 months. If I want to watch ads I'll turn on the TV.

This would not be a happy place if they took away Budweiser.

• BaleyBaley Posts: 22,659 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anyone getting FB shares ?

Not by themselves, but definitely have a share or two among the top holdings of some mutual funds

Liberty: Parent of Science & Industry

• grote15grote15 Posts: 29,658 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The truth is that a large sector of society (certainly not reflected by this demographic) is far more dependent on FB than any specific good or product (never underestimate the inherent need for celebrity approximation in today's society). As Mark says, you can replace any one of the most popular brand name products with a virtually identical one to achieve the same result. There is no substitute (at this time) for FB as far as the need for social media (Twitter is likely the closest approximation we have to FB), and though AAPL *may" be able to develop a similar platform at some point, the fact that they haven't, further reflects just how strong a stranglehold FB has in social media, which for better or worse, is dominant in our society today, and among a very large swath of the population, too. All that translates into lucrative returns reflected by FB share prices..

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • BAJJERFANBAJJERFAN Posts: 31,059 ✭✭✭✭✭
    FB might be another one of those to crack $500 sometime.
    theknowitalltroll;
    $100+ and counting. New all time high

mark
  • streeterstreeter Posts: 4,312 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Matt Drudge refers to FB & TWIT as the new internet ghettos.

There was no substitute for AOL, until there was.

There was no substitute for MySpace, until there was.

There was no substitute for Eastman Kodak, until there was.

There was no substitute for Vacumm tubes, until there was.

AD infinitum...

Have a nice day
  • seebelowseebelow Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭
    a couple pages back someone stated that brokers don't want to deal with clients that are considered day traders. i have heard that before. But why is that? I would think they are making even more money since they are commission based. More volume = more money. No?
    Interested in higher grade vintage cards. Aren't we all. image
  • renman95renman95 Posts: 7,037 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wonder if Trump still has his shares. I remember him making the call on CNBC around August 2012, "I bought Facebook at $19."
  • seebelowseebelow Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭
    Im sure he would have trumpeted it.
    Interested in higher grade vintage cards. Aren't we all. image
  • BaleyBaley Posts: 22,659 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Originally posted by: streeter

Matt Drudge refers to FB & TWIT as the new internet ghettos.

There was no substitute for AOL, until there was.

There was no substitute for MySpace, until there was.

There was no substitute for Eastman Kodak, until there was.

There was no substitute for Vacumm tubes, until there was.

AD infinitum...

Agreed. I've heard it put, that Twitter used to be like old friends, reading Vanity Fair and the New Yorker and discussing articles over coffee on Sunday morning, and now it's like a bunch of drunks in a bar at 2:30am. Facebook? I had an account for a few months, just to see what all the fuss was about. Now it's a case of been there, done that. Next?

Even this forum was a gas, way back when metals went up sometimes.

Now, what more is there to say? Oh, silver is up a dime, let's see the picture of the roller coaster again!

Liberty: Parent of Science & Industry

You should only invest in what you feel comfortable with and know. You also need to know when to jump off. However, I get the feeling that so many people here either distrust stocks or just like telling others how over valued stocks are all the way up.

mark
    All time high after crushing earnings. Was $131 in after hours trading.

mark
  • FB will never hit $500 a share, your talking a market cap of over a trillion dollars which no company on this planet has ever come close to. there are 2.3billion shares outstanding in this company. so every $1 it goes up adds 2billion in market cap which currently stands at over 350 billion which is already one of the richest companies on the planet. people need to stop looking at share prices and look at shares outstanding. this being a collectors universe forum should be heads up, now your a talking about stock with a massively small amount of shares outstanding where if they could grow the business your talking a stock price that could explode. 8.9 million total shares outstanding. do the math compared to facebook hahaha not even in the same universe.
  • renman95renman95 Posts: 7,037 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think at one time Apple was worth around $700B, now about $575B. FB only needs to double in share price to beat that. It took Apple, what, thirty years to reach that lofty level. How long for FB, if ever?
  • VanHalenVanHalen Posts: 3,856 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If FB can approach AMZN like P/Es it will soar over a $ trillion in market cap. Their market values are roughly equal today with FB P/E at 75 and AMZN at 300, so if buyers think FB will continue to soar??
  • TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 44,196 ✭✭✭✭✭
    FB is part of the nest egg.

HE>I