Home Precious Metals

ot: Anyone getting FB shares ?

That's Facebook.. Or maybe you already own "private" shares?
I think I will watch from a safe distance or maybe by 100 shares
on a gamble. I had a real good read on Google when it went
puplic in 2005 and did great, but with FB I have no clue?

(not asking for investment advice in anyway, just wondering
others thoughts and idea. I know this will be an exciting IPO.)

Comments

• Coins101Coins101 Posts: 2,602 ✭✭✭
    From what I ahve read, most are staying away. Of course, there will be the pump and dump just like all IPO's and those who have to wait for the real public offering will get stuck holding the bag.
  • johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 28,067 ✭✭✭✭✭
    not here and no real interest in it either.
  • MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,712 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm trying, but this is no long term investment.
    Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • OperationButterOperationButter Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭
    FB just upped their IPO to $38 a share. IMO FB is NOT worth $100B which is what their company would be valued at with a $38 share strike price. Could be another GOOG but either way, Im not touching it, even with a 10ft pole.
    Gold is for savings. Fiat is for transactions.

BST Transactions (as the seller): Collectall, GRANDAM, epcjimi1, wondercoin, jmski52, wheathoarder, jay1187, jdsueu, grote15, airplanenut, bigole

<< <i>FB just upped their IPO to $38 a share. IMO FB is NOT worth $100B which is what their company would be valued at with a $38 share strike price. Could be another GOOG but either way, Im not touching it, even with a 10ft pole. >>

imageimage
  • mariner67mariner67 Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭

<< <i>not here and no real interest in it either. >>

Successful trades/buys/sells with gdavis70, adriana, wondercoin, Weiss, nibanny, IrishMike, commoncents05, pf70collector, kyleknap, barefootjuan, coindeuce, WhiteTornado, Nefprollc, ajw, JamesM, PCcoins, slinc, coindudeonebay,beernuts, and many more
  • I am 29 and I would not sign on facebook if it was the last way in the world to talk with somone!! You think big brother watches you?? facebook is a million times worse!!! I have facebook blocked on all our computers so no one can access it. Its a joke. Anyone who is stupid enough to use that site needs there head examined. They track you and sell your info to all. I even know someone who was stupid enough to post there vacation dates on that site and when they came home there house was looted.

PLEASE PEOPLE STAY AWAY FROM FACEBOOK AND THIS STOCK OFFERING!!!! ITS A JOKE JUST AS ZUCKABIRD IS!!!!!
  • renman95renman95 Posts: 7,037 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • joefrojoefro Posts: 1,872 ✭✭
    Wouldn't poke it with a 10 foot pole
    Lincoln Cent & Libertad Collector
  • BanemorthBanemorth Posts: 986 ✭✭✭
    Social networks can collapse in the blink of an eye (Look at Myspace)

Not something I'd have any kind of faith putting my money into. Just my 2c
    Justin From Jersey

Successful Transactions With: JoeLewis, Mkman123, Harry779, Grote15, gdavis70, Kryptonitecomics
  • HalfStrikeHalfStrike Posts: 2,202 ✭✭✭
    I was going to get shares but am not now at the higher price range.
  • Nope, I am staying away from FB.
  • StaircoinsStaircoins Posts: 2,566 ✭✭✭

I may dabble and flip it on the jump, but it's not a long-term hold for me.
    zuckerberg could alienate a lot of people with a ipo flop.
    Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • derrybderryb Posts: 36,586 ✭✭✭✭✭
    my cash is going into more ASEs when i think the bottom is in.

FB is the kind of stock that can tank in a heartbeat with one bad headline. Best way to transmit a bad virus world-wide, will happen eventually.

"How many times can a man turn his head and pretend he just doesn’t see?” - Bob Dylan

<< <i>my cash is going into more ASEs when i think the bottom is in.

FB is the kind of stock that can tank in a heartbeat with one bad headline. Best way to transmit a bad virus world-wide, will happen eventually. >>

like this one?
    So derryb, I always considered you to be on top of PM's and their movement. So, would you care to give us your opinion where the bottom will be in next, say three to 6 months? i know the last big dip (last 6 months) was in December and it seems silver was just below $27.00 oz. I have been kind of wondering if we may see this again or even lower. In fact, I was wondering if we will see it this week.

I don't believe we will see $9 an oz or even $20 an oz though if it does hit $9, I bet it will be difficult to find if you want to buy.
  • Selling my shares "private"
    Its gunna b a great time, I smell vegas
  • nibannynibanny Posts: 2,761

<< <i>You think big brother watches you?? facebook is a million times worse!!! >>

This could make FB very profitable.
    The member formerly known as Ciccio / Posts: 1453 / Joined: Apr 2009
  • philographerphilographer Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭✭✭
    PAAS Pan American Silver...looks like a better deal!?

He who knows he has enough is rich.

• BAJJERFANBAJJERFAN Posts: 31,057 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I may dabble and flip it on the jump, but it's not a long-term hold for me. >>

My broker says that if I flip my FB shares within 15 days, I'll be locked out of IPOs thru them for 6 months.
    theknowitalltroll;
  • TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 44,196 ✭✭✭✭✭
    image = No

HE>I

• JCMhoustonJCMhouston Posts: 5,306 ✭✭✭
    I'm an investor, not a speculator, so no i won't even consider FB shares.

The shares are selling at something like 30 x revenue, or 100 x EBITDA?
    The share structure is set up so that MZ has sole control of the voting rights?
    If I get any, I intend to flip them.
    theknowitalltroll;

<< <i>

<< <i>I may dabble and flip it on the jump, but it's not a long-term hold for me. >>

My broker says that if I flip my FB shares within 15 days, I'll be locked out of IPOs thru them for 6 months. >>

I don't understand that reaction. They'll make commission on both trades, so why would they care?

<< <i>

<< <i>

My broker says that if I flip my FB shares within 15 days, I'll be locked out of IPOs thru them for 6 months. >>

I don't understand that reaction. They'll make commission on both trades, so why would they care? >>

They don't want to deal with what they consider daytraders. Become your own broker with an on-line account. I use Scottrade.

"How many times can a man turn his head and pretend he just doesn’t see?” - Bob Dylan

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>

I don't understand that reaction. They'll make commission on both trades, so why would they care? >>

They don't want to deal with what they consider daytraders. Become your own broker with an on-line account. I use Scottrade. >>

Okay, but that concern shouldn't apply to just the FB offering though.

(I do my own trading as well, through Schwab.)

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>

They don't want to deal with what they consider daytraders. Become your own broker with an on-line account. I use Scottrade. >>

I have a Rollover IRA with Fidelity.
    theknowitalltroll;
  • Since I'm not an FB'er and plan to always be FB free, I have no interest in the stock.
    NumbersUsa, FairUs, Alipac, CapsWeb, and TeamAmericaPac
  • JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well quite aware of the company and it's mechanics I've never even been on FB. However, I like this as stock A LOT one year and five years out. MJ
    Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>FB just upped their IPO to $38 a share. IMO FB is NOT worth $100B which is what their company would be valued at with a $38 share strike price. Could be another GOOG but either way, Im not touching it, even with a 10ft pole. >>

Perhaps. However, my gut tells me that those who buy FB at $38 will be MUCH better off a year or two from now that those who bought silver at $38. All about perspective.

I know of no other more speculative bet then that of silver. It makes FB look like GE in my opinion. I've done well with silver but I'm never comfortable owning it.

JMHO.

MJ
    Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
    priced @ $38, top of range, opens the door for the maximum number of retail investors all fighting.

good luck to all in the quest for issue price shares.

• COALPORTERCOALPORTER Posts: 2,900 ✭✭
    i decided to watch from the side lines image enought bumps and bruses this month already image
  • tneigtneig Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭
    For me its real easy. I'm not allowed to buy it on the first tier out the door, so they can just go......

I'll have to see whats left when my lower class is allowed to buy, and if I'd go in. See what the price is. Normally if I could today,
    I see no problem with the $38 a share and would buy,
    figuring a year turnaround at most. But on top of not being able to buy, I want to see what happens as the stock market
    is not in too good a spot for a new stock to open in.

The only problem I see is FB can be overtaken with the next latest thing in months, and its a little commonplace now,
    so its highlight of new growth is questionable to me. Its fun, but folks are waiting for the next new fad already.

Are they diversifying enough to have more than "one product" when
    their user interface falls from grace, I don't know. One thing for sure is there is
    a growing population that would not mind paying a few bucks for a service that doesn't sell everything about them.

It doesn't matter. Their big enough to print their own money as needed! FBQE is coming...
    COA
    no FB allocation for me.

I could have really used the lottery ticket, too.

• bronco2078bronco2078 Posts: 10,120 ✭✭✭✭✭

Anyone buying at $70 ??? Pre open bids up to $70 in Germany supposedly .

Hasn't even started trading and already a facebook bubble?

I'll wait for FBS (Facebook Backed Securitties).

• bronco2078bronco2078 Posts: 10,120 ✭✭✭✭✭

Those that put in orders at 70 won't be able to change the price because Goldman borrowed the shares and shorted them already.

Its not exactly a naked short image
    Appears to have opened at $43.

• mikliamiklia Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭
    just bought a bit at $39.00 - if only to make my ticker that much more hyperactive..
    So far, so good at holding above it's "priced" amount. I wonder if it will hold by the end of the day.
    Looks like it is trading a million shares a minute.
    theknowitalltroll;
    Peakbook?

the fact they had to defend $38 marked the pricing and additional shares as "over done"

TT - you left FB. you sold all your (remaining) shares, I guess, today. Question: were you unhappy at FB? (if you don't mind answering)

<< <i>Peakbook? >>

I'm guessing lots of retail only wanted in for the flip.

as mentioned with lots of IPOs and one recent example is LNKD -- there are usually a few to several days of selling after the IPO (but not on the IPO day image ) then it continues up if it is going to continue up. I am going to guess FB will sell for a number of days. The Big Q -- does it flatline after that or continue to rise?

I am glad I stayed out of the FB aftermarket. I will continue to stay out of the FB aftermarket.

gold, silver, AAPL all look more attractive to me.... especially AAPL in the next 12.
    Fakebook?

apparently it was MuppetBook today.
    wonder what the chances are that the boys underwriting it and selling it to their customers are also betting against it. Not like it would be the first time.