Home Precious Metals

ot: Anyone getting FB shares ?

Comments

• Coins101Coins101 Posts: 2,602 ✭✭✭

<< <i>wonder what the chances are that the boys underwriting it and selling it to their customers are also betting against it. Not like it would be the first time. >>

Oh, I am sure they are out there. I heard rumors the Underwriters were placing buy orders at or slightly about the $38 "priced" amount to keep it from going below that point thought I don't know if anyone could actually prove that. But, it does make sense if they are going to short it when they are able to, they would prop the price up until the time comes to short it.
  • pitbosspitboss Posts: 8,643 ✭✭✭
    I am glad I bought a thousand dollars of 90% silver yesterday instead of facebook.
  • joefrojoefro Posts: 1,872 ✭✭

<< <i>I am glad I bought a thousand dollars of 90% silver yesterday instead of facebook. >>

Bet you're even happier today! (Down another 10%). I never even had a thought about getting into this one. No thank you!
    Lincoln Cent & Libertad Collector
  • JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It is trading very poorly. Reminds me of Goggle when it opened for trading. It also traded below issue.

FB did appear to be priced fully and they were piggies on the issue price. Getting slapped for it now.

MJ
    Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 28,069 ✭✭✭✭✭
    it was under $35 a share today last i looked. im happy there was no time wasted getting some. maybe down the road but not at this time image

<< <i>it was under $35 a share today last i looked. im happy there was no time wasted getting some. maybe down the road but not at this time image >>

Heck, it was around $33 for a bit today but recovered a little to settle around $34ish. Wait until tomorrow!
  • I told you all what was going to happin to this stock. I HOPE EVERYONE THAT BOUGHT IT LOOSES EVERYTHING INCLUDING THERE HOUSE!!!! I WILL KEEP MY FINGERS CROSSED... ONLY A FOOL WOULD BUY THIS STOCK!!!! HAHAHA KEEP GOING DOWN SO I CAN CONTINUE TO LAUGH MY A$$ OFF
  • TomohawkTomohawk Posts: 667 ✭✭

<< <i>I told you all what was going to happin to this stock. I HOPE EVERYONE THAT BOUGHT IT LOOSES EVERYTHING INCLUDING THERE HOUSE!!!! I WILL KEEP MY FINGERS CROSSED... ONLY A FOOL WOULD BUY THIS STOCK!!!! HAHAHA KEEP GOING DOWN SO I CAN CONTINUE TO LAUGH MY A$$ OFF >>

Really? Sad...
    ASE Addict...but oh so poor!
    **Loses**
    **their**

MJ
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......

<< <i>

<< <i>I told you all what was going to happin to this stock. I HOPE EVERYONE THAT BOUGHT IT LOOSES EVERYTHING INCLUDING THERE HOUSE!!!! I WILL KEEP MY FINGERS CROSSED... ONLY A FOOL WOULD BUY THIS STOCK!!!! HAHAHA KEEP GOING DOWN SO I CAN CONTINUE TO LAUGH MY A$$ OFF >>

Really? Sad... >>

I agree. Really sad. MJ
  • How is it "SAD" that someone could be stupid enough to spend 38.00 a share on a company that tracks you like big brother? FB is a JOKE and I cant wait to see people LOOSE there a$$ on it. Anyone who signs on FB needs to get a life. Its full of GARBAGE... You really think a company that tracks you and sells your every move and nothing more should be set at 38 a share? OH WAIT your on the buying list.... Thats what it is!!!!

You really think this creep SuckaBird should make a dime from selling YOUR info (if your stupid enough to be on FB)

The chart does not lie..... Do me a favor spend every dime you got on this joke of a company so I can laugh when your flat broke poor!!!
  • cohodkcohodk Posts: 18,941 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I guess I need a life then.

Anybody wanna be my friend? Just send a request.image
    Excuses are tools of the ignorant

Knowledge is the enemy of fear

<< <i>

Really? Sad... >>

• derrybderryb Posts: 36,586 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It will go up. . . only because the dollars buying it will go down.

"How many times can a man turn his head and pretend he just doesn’t see?” - Bob Dylan

• LukeMarshallLukeMarshall Posts: 1,962 ✭✭✭✭✭

I guess I need a life then. Anybody wanna be my friend? Just send a request.

Friend Request Sent...

Send me some poker chips...lol

It's all about what the people want...

<< <i>How is it "SAD" that someone could be stupid enough to spend 38.00 a share on a company that tracks you like big brother? FB is a JOKE and I cant wait to see people LOOSE there a$$ on it. Anyone who signs on FB needs to get a life. Its full of GARBAGE... You really think a company that tracks you and sells your every move and nothing more should be set at 38 a share? OH WAIT your on the buying list.... Thats what it is!!!!

You really think this creep SuckaBird should make a dime from selling YOUR info (if your stupid enough to be on FB) >>

I feel really bad for you. MJ

<< <i>image

The chart does not lie..... Do me a favor spend every dime you got on this joke of a company so I can laugh when your flat broke poor!!! >>

You think the story is ending but it's just ready to begin. That chart looks exactly like silver the day it backed off of $50 and plummeted. It was also overpriced and that is why it corrected. To much supply and no buyers. FB, same thing. Too much supply and overpriced. That chart is just the scorecard from yesterday. The score will change each and everyday.

While I've never been on FB I do like the franchise and the amount of time each user spends on it each day. More then anything I think I'm going to LOVE this as a trading vehicle.

MJ
  • Ok I wanna try and understand why you think this joke of a stock FB is a good one? PLEASE help me understand!!!

How does a company that provides no tangible products or services get valued at 38 a share?

Fb revenue in 2011 was 4.27billion. IF they substained that revenue for 20 years straight (which they wont since they wont exist then) with 0 expenses they still would not generate 100billion so how do people think its worth that???

Prove to me how the valualtion was realistic!!!! ITS NOT

So all I can say is to the people who bought into the FAKE hype is.....You got SCAMMED!!!

If you wanted to make REAL money on the IPO you should have played the short game...

When its 4-8 a share and thats being GENEROUS just remember my words!!
  • bronco2078bronco2078 Posts: 10,120 ✭✭✭✭✭

Money was made in FB friday and today by traders. As a buy and hold investor maybe you don't like it but thats not the same as trading short term to make money .

I found this link on you tube posted of some of the action by traders on friday working the perceived 38$ support level. Supposedly Morgan stanley was defending $38 .

trading facebook

Are those trades making money?
    while I'm not a playa on this one, it is a bit early to tell its outcome. The fact that it did not explode on entry could easily be due to many other factors outside of its eventual, perceived value. Just sayin the dust ain't settled, too early to tell. The fact that the private owners decide to cash in at this time told me all I needed to know.

"How many times can a man turn his head and pretend he just doesn’t see?” - Bob Dylan

I'm pretty sure you can only short Facebook only in 30 days. You have to typically wait a month before you can legally short the stock of a new IPO. June 25. I know of no shares available to short yet. I didn't try. You could have played it long very successfully on Day 1. Jack be nimble. It worked well for me personally.

The same arguments were made about Google. Valuations are not static. The franchise value and brand recognition is probably worth 20-40 billion alone.

MJ
    While FB denies it is going to lift its ban on under 13 year olds joining, I believe it is inevitible if they want to increase share value, I mean share price.

<< <i>Ok I wanna try and understand why you think this joke of a stock FB is a good one? PLEASE help me understand!!!

How does a company that provides no tangible products or services get valued at 38 a share?

Fb revenue in 2011 was 4.27billion. IF they substained that revenue for 20 years straight (which they wont since they wont exist then) with 0 expenses they still would not generate 100billion so how do people think its worth that???

Prove to me how the valualtion was realistic!!!! ITS NOT

So all I can say is to the people who bought into the FAKE hype is.....You got SCAMMED!!!

If you wanted to make REAL money on the IPO you should have played the short game...

When its 4-8 a share and thats being GENEROUS just remember my words!! >>

I was not commenting on the valuation nor viability of FB, I was simply making a statement regarding your poor attitude; wishing others pain and suffering is a sad part of your story (or should I spell it you're?). FB's story is not over, but how it will turn out is anyone's guess. If you don't like it, fine: sell (or don't buy). But heaping more misery on those who've already found themselves upside down is really poor taste and classless.

FWIW
  • secondrepublicsecondrepublic Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭
    The Facebook valuation story makes no sense unless they can dramatically increase their revenue from sources other than advertising. I just don't see it happening.
    The US is still FB's biggest source of revenue by far on per-user basis. Link. Total US advertising spending on all media -- tv, print, internet, radio -- is about $150 billion/year. I don't see any possibility of FB capturing even 10% of this revenue, i.e., $15 bn/yr. Even 5% would be optimistic. FB's revenue last year was under $4 billion. Factor in international ad revenue, that's another couple billion at most. I don't see another promising revenue source for them. And I actually think their advertising revenue could soon plateau and start going down. A lot of companies are starting to become negative on FB ads because they don't produce. GM is the most recent big example; however, smaller advertisers are finding out the same thing. Google "facebook ads suck" and see how many hits come up. I did a test spend of $200 on FB ads for one of my small businesses and it didn't drive a single sale. Needless to say, no more money will be going from me to them. image
    "Men who had never shown any ability to make or increase fortunes for themselves abounded in brilliant plans for creating and increasing wealth for the country at large." Fiat Money Inflation in France, Andrew Dickson White (1912)

<< <i>How does a company that provides no tangible products or services get valued at 38 a share? >>

It's a marketing trick known as skimming: When introducing a new product to the market, first overprice it for the initial buyers who will have it at any price. Then let the market determine the true price.

In the case of FB, it was purposely overpriced for the speculators who were willing to buy at pretty much any price because they believed it could only go up. image

I believe FB share prices will find their true value much lower as did the IPO Groupon. Private owners would not have sold out now if the future promised greater stock value.

Good points, DerryB. I think a lot of what made the price for FB was future valuations (hmm...sounds kinda like a certain peace prize awarded for future performance). I digress...the tempting part of FB's valuation is their 900 million user base (I actually believe it's less than half that, but not important to this discussion). The HOPED for ability for FB to find a way to monetize such a vast audience is why this stock's story is not over.

But, I don't think it will perform well in the short term. Another but: When they are near coming out with something amazing (or very profitable), that will be the time to buy again on the hype, sell on the news.

For a savvy, disciplined trader, the potential volatility of this stock is a retirement-building piggy bank.
  • MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,712 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>How is it "SAD" that someone could be stupid enough to spend 38.00 a share on a company that tracks you like big brother? FB is a JOKE and I cant wait to see people LOOSE there a$$ on it. Anyone who signs on FB needs to get a life. Its full of GARBAGE... You really think a company that tracks you and sells your every move and nothing more should be set at 38 a share? OH WAIT your on the buying list.... Thats what it is!!!!

You really think this creep SuckaBird should make a dime from selling YOUR info (if your stupid enough to be on FB) >>

***Lose***
    ***you're***
    ***you're***
    Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,712 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>How does a company that provides no tangible products or services get valued at 38 a share? >>

It's a marketing trick known as skimming: When introducing a new product to the market, first overprice it for the initial buyers who will have it at any price. Then let the market determine the true price.

In the case of FB, it was purposely overpriced for the speculators who were willing to buy at pretty much any price because they believed it could only go up. image

I believe FB share prices will find their true value much lower as did the IPO Groupon. Private owners would not have sold out now if the future promised greater stock value. >>

GRPN was doomed because anyone, and now everyone, is duplicating it.

try LNKD or other issues with at least a hint of something going on.
    Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions

I changed my mind and joined Facebook. I friended you. BFF. MJ
  • braddickbraddick Posts: 23,725 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Some aaaaaangry people surfing these forums lately.

peacockcoins

<< <i>Some aaaaaangry people surfing these forums lately. >>

I've learned through my hot yoga classes that this is just the way some people communicate. That's why I feel bad for angry man with Philly's hat. MJ

• bronco2078bronco2078 Posts: 10,120 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I'm pretty sure you can only short Facebook only in 30 days. You have to typically wait a month before you can legally short the stock of a new IPO. June 25. I know of no shares available to short yet. I didn't try. You could have played it long very successfully on Day 1. Jack be nimble. It worked well for me personally.

The same arguments were made about Google. Valuations are not static. The franchise value and brand recognition is probably worth 20-40 billion alone.

MJ >>

Is jack be nimble shorting Morgan stanley ??image

<< <i>

<< <i>I'm pretty sure you can only short Facebook only in 30 days. You have to typically wait a month before you can legally short the stock of a new IPO. June 25. I know of no shares available to short yet. I didn't try. You could have played it long very successfully on Day 1. Jack be nimble. It worked well for me personally.

MJ >>

Is jack be nimble shorting Morgan stanley ??image >>

He should be. MJ

<< <i>

<< <i>

MJ >>

Is jack be nimble shorting Morgan stanley ??image >>

He's fortunate he's not!. MJ >>

• jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,640 ✭✭✭✭✭
    What's hot yoga?image

Is the instructor hot?image
    Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.

<< <i>What's hot yoga?image

Is the instructor hot?image >>

It's kind of like doing 75 minutes of break dancing in Missouri in August at two in the afternoon. It's done in a room that's at about 100 degrees. Some disciplines have the heat hotter. You have to breath through your nose or I feel you will die

The second part of your question could be a yesimage

This CL ad might give you a better lay of the hot yoga land. It's long but I guarantee you will laugh out loud,

Yoga mat for sale. Used once. - $1 (Bellevue)

Yoga mat for sale. Used once at lunch hour class in December 2009. Usage timeline as follows:

11:45a
    Register for hot yoga class. Infinite wisdom tells me to commit to 5 class package and purchase a yoga mat. I pay $89.74. Money well spent, I smugly confirm to myself.

11:55a
    Open door to yoga room. A gush of hot dry air rushes through and past me. It smells of breath, sweat and hot. Take spot on floor in back of room next to cute blonde. We will date.

11:57a
    I feel the need to be as near to naked as possible. This is a problem because of the hot blonde to my left and our pending courtship. She will not be pleased to learn that I need to lose 30 pounds before I propose to her.

11:58a
    The shirt and sweats have to come off. I throw caution to the wind and decide to rely on my wit and conditioning to overcome any weight issues my fiancée may take issue with. This will take a lot of wit and conditioning.

11:59a
    Begin small talk with my bride to be. She pretends to ignore me but I know how she can be. I allow her to concentrate and stare straight ahead and continue to pretend that I don't exist. As we finish sharing our special moment, I am suddenly aware of a sweat moustache that has formed below my nose. This must be from the all the whispering between us.

12:00p
    Instructor enters the room and ascends her special podium at the front of the room. She is a slight, agitated Chinese woman. She introduces me to the class and everyone turns around to greet me just as I decide to aggressively adjust my package in my Under Armor. My bride is notably unfazed.

12:02p
    Since I do have experience with Hot Yoga (4 sessions just 5 short years ago) I fully consider that I may be so outstanding and skilled that my instructor may call me out and ask me to guide the class. My wife will look on with a sparkle in her eye. We will make love after class.

12:10p
    It is now up to 95 degrees in the room. We have been practicing deep breathing exercises for the last 8 minutes. This would not be a problem if we were all breathing actual, you know, oxygen. Instead, we are breathing each other's body odor, expelled carbon dioxide and other unmentionables. (Don't worry, I'll mention them later.)

12:26p
    It is now 100 degrees and I take notice of the humidity, which is hovering at about 90%. I feel the familiar adorning stare of my bride and decide to look back at her. She appears to be nauseated. I then realize that I forgot to brush my teeth prior to attending this class. We bond.

12:33p
    It is now 110 degrees and 95% humidity. I am now balancing on one leg with the other leg crossed over the other. My arms are intertwined and I am squatting. The last time I was in this position was 44 years ago in the womb, but I'm in this for the long haul. My wife looks slightly weathered dripping sweat and her eyeliner is streaming down her face. Well, "for better or worse" is what we committed to so we press on.

12:40p
    The overweight Hispanic man two spots over has sweat running down his legs. At least I think its sweat. He is holding every position and has not had a sip of water since we walked in. He is making me look bad and I hate him.

12:44p
    I consider that if anyone in this room farted that we would all certainly perish.

12:52p
    It is now 140 degrees and 100% humidity. I am covered from head to toe in sweat. There is not a square millimeter on my body that is not slippery and sweaty. I am so slimy that I feel like a sea lion or a maybe sea eel. Not even a bear trap could hold me. The sweat is stinging my eyeballs and I can no longer see.

12:55p
    This room stinks of asparagus, cloves, tuna and tacos. There is no food in the room. I realize that this is an amalgamation of the body odors of 30 people in a 140 degree room for the last 55 minutes. Seriously, enough with the asparagus, ok?

1:01p
    140 degrees and 130% humidity. Look, b**ch, I need my space here so don't get all pissy with me if I accidentally sprayed you with sweat as I flipped over. Seriously, is that where this relationship is going? Get over yourself. We need counseling and she needs to be medicated. Stat!

1:09p
    150 degrees and cloudy. And hot. I can no longer move my limbs on my own. I have given up on attempting any of the commands this Chinese chick is yelling out at us. I will lay sedentary until the aid unit arrives. I will buy this building and then have it destroyed.
    I lose consciousness.

1:15p
    I have a headache and my wife is being a selfish bi**h. I can't really breathe. All I can think about is holding a cup worth of hot sand in my mouth. I cannot remember what an ice cube is and cannot remember what snow looks like. I consider that my only escape might be a crab walk across 15 bodies and then out of the room. I am paralyzed, and may never walk again so the whole crab walk thing is pretty much out.

1:17p
    I cannot move at all and cannot reach my water. Is breathing voluntary or involuntary? If it's voluntary, I am screwed. I stopped participating in the class 20 minutes ago. Hey, lady! I paid for this frickin class, ok?! You work for me! Stop yelling at everyone and just tell us a story or something. It's like juice and cracker time, ok?

1:20p
    It is now 165 degrees and moisture is dripping from the ceiling. The towel that I am laying on is no longer providing any wicking or drying properties. It is actually placing additional sweat on me as I touch it. My towel reeks. I cannot identify the smell but no way can it be from me. Did someone spray some stank on my towel or something?

1:30p
    Torture session is over. I wish hateful things upon the instructor. She graciously allows us to stay and 'cool down' in the room. It is 175 degrees. Who cools down in 175 degrees? A Komodo Dragon? My wife has left the room. Probably to throw up.

1:34p
    My opportunity to escape has arrived. I roll over to my stomach and press up to my knees. It is warmer as I rise up from ground level - probably by 15 degrees. So let's conservatively say it's 190. I muster my final energy and slowly rise. One foot in front of the other. One foot in front of the other. Towards the door. Towards the door.

1:37p
    The temperature in the lobby is 72 degrees. Both nipples stiffen to diamond strength and my package begins to retract into my abdomen from the 100 degree temp swing. I can once again breathe though so I am pleased. I spot my future ex wife in the lobby. We had such a good thing going but I know that no measure of counseling will be able to unravel the day's turmoil and mental scaring.

1:47p
    Arrive at Emerald City Smoothie and proceed to order a 32 oz beverage. 402 calories, 0 fat and 14 grams of protein -- effectively negating any caloric burn or benefit from the last 90 minutes. I finish it in 3 minutes and spend the next 2 hours writing this memoir.

3:47p
    Create Craigslist ad while burning final 2 grams of protein from Smoothie and before the "shakes" consume my body.

4:29p
    Note to self - check car for missing wet yoga towel in am.

MJ

I knew it would happen.
  • cohodkcohodk Posts: 18,941 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ROTHLMAO!!!

Excuses are tools of the ignorant

Knowledge is the enemy of fear

I'm having to explain to my wife why I'm laughing so hard!! Excellent!!image
  • LukeMarshallLukeMarshall Posts: 1,962 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Awesomeimage

It's all about what the people want...

• johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 28,069 ✭✭✭✭✭
    by the looks of it im glad i didnt get any either.
    FacePlant today. MJ
  • Just heard on Bloomberg that Facebook's market cap has dropped by $30 BILLION since IPO. That is over 19 MILLION ounces of gold or over a BILLION ounces of silver! Imagine trying to buy or even move those quantities of PMs. The US Mint had a banner year for silver eagles last year and it was only 40 million ounces, or four measly percent of the billion hypothetical ounces mentioned above. Goes to show the incredible amount of paper "wealth" can be created or vaporized quickly by wall street and the banks.
    Greed wins Round 1 (Lawyers, Underwriters, Principals).

Greed loses Round 2 (Retail Investors).

I hope Chuckie Schumer bought a boatload.

I knew it would happen.
  • WingsruleWingsrule Posts: 3,001 ✭✭✭✭
    paraphrasing a CNBC tidbit - a whole bunch a people got "zucked"
  • Nope. I have no interest in getting Facebook stock. I am staying away from that DOG.

DISCLAIMER: I am NOT a '70's silver art bar expert but I try my best to play one on the Internet.

• << <i>I guess I need a life then.

Anybody wanna be my friend? Just send a request.image >>

Yep I have a Facebook account but I do not post on it very much. It appears that I need a life. However, Facebook stock is still a DOG in my opinion.

DISCLAIMER: I am NOT a '70's silver art bar expert but I try my best to play one on the Internet.
  • ArizonaJackArizonaJack Posts: 4,029 ✭✭✭
    A week or so before the IPO, I actually considered it. Nahhhhhh, bought $300 face in silver instead at 20.5 face........
    " YOU SUCK " Awarded 5/18/08