Home Precious Metals

ot: Anyone getting FB shares ?

Comments

• bronco2078bronco2078 Posts: 10,120 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Everyone is saying poor mark zuckerberg is down so much money but he sold a little bit of stock at 37.58 so hes going to be able to make his mortgage this month at least. There was a little profit taking ahead of the big drop

insider sales

Is it typical for company insiders to sell shares this soon after an IPO ?

• BAJJERFANBAJJERFAN Posts: 31,059 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Everyone is saying poor mark zuckerberg is down so much money but he sold a little bit of stock at 37.58 so hes going to be able to make his mortgage this month at least. There was a little profit taking ahead of the big drop

insider sales

Is it typical for company insiders to sell shares this soon after an IPO ? >>

He had to buy his sweetie a wedding gift, LOL. I expect he may have had a large tax obligation of some sort.
    theknowitalltroll;

Supposedly Morgan stanley was defending the stock heavily buying at 38 on friday.

So were they defending it against Mark Zuckerberg and james Breyer ?

• derrybderryb Posts: 36,586 ✭✭✭✭✭
    maybe the FED will jump in a drive up the price. image

"How many times can a man turn his head and pretend he just doesn’t see?” - Bob Dylan

• BaleyBaley Posts: 22,659 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fed fed Fed fed
    Fed fed Fed fed
    Fed Fed Fed Fed FED FED Fed fed fed fed

Fed fed Fed fed
    Fed fed Fed fed
    Fed Fed Fed Fed FED FED FED FED FED!

Liberty: Parent of Science & Industry

juice, juice, juice, JUICE

"How many times can a man turn his head and pretend he just doesn’t see?” - Bob Dylan

• BanemorthBanemorth Posts: 986 ✭✭✭
    sue sue sue SUE!

<< <i>Facebook shareholders have filed a lawsuit against the social network giant and several banks, including lead underwriter Morgan Stanley, over the company's botched initial public offering (IPO). The suit, filed in US District Court in Manhattan, claims that analysts at Morgan Stanley and other investment banks involved in the IPO downgraded their revenue estimates for Facebook in the middle of the roadshow, Business Insider reported Wednesday. According to the complaint, the analysts only told institutional investors about the revisions, not other prospective buyers, including ordinary retail investors. The unknown number of shareholders in the suit are being represented by law firm Robbins Geller, Business Insider said, the same firm that helped win a $7 billion payout in the high-profile Enron case. The lawsuit comes a day after the state of Massachusetts said it issued a subpoena to Morgan Stanley involving its handling of Facebook's IPO. The Wall Street Journal reported Tuesday that Morgan Stanley and Goldman Sachs Group updated their financial projections for the social network after the company added warnings to its IPO prospectus about how its user base is increasing more rapidly than the number of ads it delivers. Although the exact date of the analyst revisions was not clear, people close to the deal said they were changed soon after Facebook updated its prospectus May 9, about a week before the offering priced. Facebook shares hovered between 2 and 4 percent in early Wednesday trade, breaking a two-day losing streak. Morgan Stanley shares shed 1.4 percent in early action. >>

Justin From Jersey

Successful Transactions With: JoeLewis, Mkman123, Harry779, Grote15, gdavis70, Kryptonitecomics
  • pf70collectorpf70collector Posts: 6,535 ✭✭✭
    Seems everyone got greedy. Take your medicine. Always looking to blame someone else for their losses.
  • Why is it all these people bought in at 38 and now wanna cry! I knew this IPO was a joke and anyone who thought they were going to make money off it is crazy! FB knew what they were doing and so did the people selling the stock.

Now we have a ton of pissed off people wanting to sue due to the fact they lost money! FB was a joke when it started and it still is! I am glad how it worked out. If you were dumb enough to buy into the FAKE hype you deserve what you got!

Hey stock holders. Can you feel the breeze on your butt, you got caught with your pants down!!

PS I dont mean to sound so "MEAN" but if you could not tell what was going on with this IPO you deserve what you got!
  • Watch Fb today. You will see the "Big Boys" are proping it up. They will do this in order to get more $$$ from the little guy. How long will they do this is anyones guess. After more people buy in watch how it plays out.

Here is my take on the stock market

1. Stock markets are the greatest scam ever designed by humans besides insurance.
    2. It’s impossible to predict the outcome of markets. Complexity science teaches us that predicting markets is an illusion unless done at the micro-calculus level. And even then, it is not possible in the mid-term or long term.
    3. There is no such thing as a truly efficient market. This is trick designed by schmucks on Wall Street.
    4. Sheep do as sheep does when it comes to following markets. At the end of the day, you have to find another sucker to buy the stock you own that believes it is going to go up.
    5. By the time you hear of a great stock it is a sucker bet.
    6. For most private investor more has been lost than made.
  • BanemorthBanemorth Posts: 986 ✭✭✭
    I agree with both of you. Saw this coming from a mile away. Social networking sites don't last forever. They never will.
    Justin From Jersey

Successful Transactions With: JoeLewis, Mkman123, Harry779, Grote15, gdavis70, Kryptonitecomics
  • pf70collectorpf70collector Posts: 6,535 ✭✭✭
  • perkdogperkdog Posts: 30,208 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Listening to the radio this morning and they mentioned that it was "Down" I seriously thought of throwing some good money at this but thought better of it, glad I didnt.
  • COALPORTERCOALPORTER Posts: 2,900 ✭✭

<< <i>wonder what the chances are that the boys underwriting it and selling it to their customers are also betting against it. Not like it would be the first time. >>

Good insite!! It appears that the chances were VERY HIGH! image
  • cohodkcohodk Posts: 18,941 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Watch Fb today. You will see the "Big Boys" are proping it up. They will do this in order to get more $$$ from the little guy. How long will they do this is anyones guess. After more people buy in watch how it plays out.

Here is my take on the stock market

1. Stock markets are the greatest scam ever designed by humans besides insurance.
    2. It’s impossible to predict the outcome of markets. Complexity science teaches us that predicting markets is an illusion unless done at the micro-calculus level. And even then, it is not possible in the mid-term or long term.
    3. There is no such thing as a truly efficient market. This is trick designed by schmucks on Wall Street.
    4. Sheep do as sheep does when it comes to following markets. At the end of the day, you have to find another sucker to buy the stock you own that believes it is going to go up.
    5. By the time you hear of a great stock it is a sucker bet.
    6. For most private investor more has been lost than made. >>

Dude, you crack me up. Thanks for the laughs!!!
    Excuses are tools of the ignorant

Knowledge is the enemy of fear

• Thank you.......
  • MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,712 ✭✭✭✭✭
    facecrook
    Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Coins101Coins101 Posts: 2,602 ✭✭✭
    I wonder when we will hear, "SPLAT!!!!!"
  • MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,712 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm starting to think the peak of FB's business was in the days before the IPO.

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • tneigtneig Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭
    Or, maybe its a good time, since everything else is down too. They were just stupid to go out on the market at the edge of a deep down.

Buy, if you have risk money. If the big boys prop it up after that, get them first and get back out w a peice of the pie. Don't have to like FB. I'll take the money. You still have to buy 500, 1000, shares and more to be worth the bother. Its not like something you would hold for years like PMs.

Longterm; FB has another year or so to exist as is, and they know it. The next level fad is pending. They are expanding their business ventures, but are they broading their scope enough to be more than a social medium?
    COA
  • fishcookerfishcooker Posts: 3,446 ✭✭
    True but there are plenty of other options to accomplish the same thing.

Facebook is considering allowing kids under 13 on the site will the stock price improve on that news?

Hook the kids on idiot facebook games and get them to pry open mommy and daddy's wallet with targeted adds = increased ad revenues

all the fun of cyber-bullying was reserved for teenagers before, now we can start them off in the 2nd grade = Big increase site traffic

growth is slowing we need more users

There may be a few suicides but nothing unmanageable and adults being able to learn about nearby kids from reading their profiles is harmless enough , seems like it's all upside image
  • JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭
    $45

Like the rise of the Phoenix

MJ
    Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 44,196 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>$45

MJ >>

image= Oh !

HE>I

<< <i>

<< <i>$45

MJ >>

image= Oh ! >>

$67+

This thread is a must read for so many reasons. Educational for sure

MJ
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • bidaskbidask Posts: 14,008 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>$45

MJ >>

image= Oh ! >>

$67+

MJ >>

Your the only one who got it right ......good for you!
    I manage money. I earn money. I save money .
    I give away money. I collect money.
    I don’t love money . I do love the Lord God.

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>$45

MJ >>

image= Oh ! >>

$67+

MJ >>

Your the only one who got it right ......good for you! >>

I've never been on Facebook. I actually detest what it is. But .........

MJ
  • renman95renman95 Posts: 7,037 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I still remember seeing Trump on CNBC boasting about his $19/share purchase. Smart man. I almost pulled the trigger on that alone. I didn't. That's why he's a billionaire and I'm...well...not.

So, how about that GoPro IPO?
  • air4mdcair4mdc Posts: 881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I did like the IPO form the get go........so I stayed away. Glad I did until the fog lifted. At 29$ and change I purchased 4000 shares. Big payday.....smart move on my part, sold at $62 and change. Another stock that was a big payday was FedEx......I watched that stock move between 95$ and 120$ for years, jumped on it at 98$.....closed today 152$ and changed. I'm still holding. What about AZO????.....laughing all the way to the bank. As far as FB I don't foresee myself making a buy in the near future.
    A day without Facebook is like a day without my ex wife. image

I wish more "socialites" were coin geeks, myself.

HE>I

• BAJJERFANBAJJERFAN Posts: 31,059 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>I may dabble and flip it on the jump, but it's not a long-term hold for me. >>

My broker says that if I flip my FB shares within 15 days, I'll be locked out of IPOs thru them for 6 months. >>

I don't understand that reaction. They'll make commission on both trades, so why would they care? >>

They don't want to deal with what they consider daytraders. Become your own broker with an on-line account. I use Scottrade. >>

I believe now that that restriction is imposed only if you get your shares from their allocation in the IPO BEFORE they go to market. Once open trading starts you can of course buy, sell or hold to your heart's content. I have traded in and out of it several times since then.
    theknowitalltroll;
  • guitarwesguitarwes Posts: 9,256 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I did like the IPO form the get go........so I stayed away. Glad I did until the fog lifted. At 29$ and change I purchased 4000 shares. Big payday.....smart move on my part, sold at $62 and change. >>

It's always called a smart move in hindsight. What about when it goes the other way?
    @ Elite CNC Routing & Woodworks on Facebook. Check out my work.
    Too many positive BST transactions with too many members to list.
  • VanHalenVanHalen Posts: 3,856 ✭✭✭✭✭
    FB has been an amazing story. Talk on the street is FB's market is wearing "Depends" and the P/E is 87. Amazing.

I've never been comfortable investing in ideas that disgust me so if I miss out here and there I'm okay with that.

Even during the dot-com market I remember laughing at some of those companies chances over the long haul but I only thought they were foolish businesses I wasn't disgusted by them.

Going forward I'm sure Wall street will come out with a Meth Lab IPO at some point which will go to the moon but I'll pass on that one too. image
  • DrBusterDrBuster Posts: 5,351 ✭✭✭✭✭
    MMMM meth lab IPO
    GoPro (GPRO) surged 31% Thursday on their IPO debut. Up 22% Friday morning. And yes, I'm in for a small piece.

Alibaba (BABA) upcoming IPO will likely offer outsanding results.

<< <i>GoPro (GPRO) surged 31% Thursday on their IPO debut. Up 22% Friday morning. And yes, I'm in for a small piece.

Alibaba (BABA) upcoming IPO will likely offer outsanding results. >>

Yes there is another dandy IPO , Alibaba that makes it so easy to market and produce fake coins and flood the world with them. image

Going forward I'm sure Wall street will come out with a Meth Lab IPO

Cannabis stocks have done extremely well over the last year.

<< <i>Going forward I'm sure Wall street will come out with a Meth Lab IPO

Cannabis stocks have done extremely well over the last year. >>

I will smoke to that. Seriously, I will

MJ

<< <i>FB has been an amazing story. Talk on the street is FB's market is wearing "Depends" and the P/E is 87. Amazing.

image >>

$75 and counting. &200 would not surprise me

MJ
    $84.63

Mark

This is why brown wheat cents are fun. They just sit there. Stocks keep going up and getting more expensive image

HE>I

New all-time high. $90.10

mark
  • OperationButterOperationButter Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭

<< <i>FB just upped their IPO to $38 a share. IMO FB is NOT worth $100B which is what their company would be valued at with a $38 share strike price. Could be another GOOG but either way, Im not touching it, even with a 10ft pole. >>

Although I missed a nice return, I still wouldnt touch this. I didnt think it was worth $100B, now its $247B with a PE of 90!
    Gold is for savings. Fiat is for transactions.

BST Transactions (as the seller): Collectall, GRANDAM, epcjimi1, wondercoin, jmski52, wheathoarder, jay1187, jdsueu, grote15, airplanenut, bigole

<< <i>

<< <i>FB just upped their IPO to $38 a share. IMO FB is NOT worth $100B which is what their company would be valued at with a $38 share strike price. Could be another GOOG but either way, Im not touching it, even with a 10ft pole. >>

Although I missed a nice return, I still wouldnt touch this. I didnt think it was worth $100B, now its $247B with a PE of 90! >>

It's ok. I remember most everybody saying the same thing when GOOG hit 100. Most are still watching. Not everybody needs to be on every ride

Mark
    14th most valuable company on the planet. WOrth more than JPM, WMT, Toyota, Proctor & Gamble.

It's outperforming silver, gold , platinum,palladium, copper, lead, iron ore, zinc, brass, tin, aluminum and medical marijuana, all put together .

HE>I

• grote15grote15 Posts: 29,658 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Why is it all these people bought in at 38 and now wanna cry! I knew this IPO was a joke and anyone who thought they were going to make money off it is crazy! FB knew what they were doing and so did the people selling the stock.

Now we have a ton of pissed off people wanting to sue due to the fact they lost money! FB was a joke when it started and it still is! I am glad how it worked out. If you were dumb enough to buy into the FAKE hype you deserve what you got!

Hey stock holders. Can you feel the breeze on your butt, you got caught with your pants down!!

PS I dont mean to sound so "MEAN" but if you could not tell what was going on with this IPO you deserve what you got! >>

Well, this is a forecast that certainly didn't come to fruition.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
    Actually the IPO was a disaster as the stock fell 60% in the first 6 months.

Below is a list of stocks that "the market" currently thinks are worth less than FB. I wonder what would happen to society if FB disappeared tomorrow vs the sudden loss of Budweiser, Disney, Coca-Cola or ATT?

• grote15grote15 Posts: 29,658 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Actually the IPO was a disaster as the stock fell 60% in the first 6 months.

Below is a list of stocks that "the market" currently thinks are worth less than FB. I wonder what would happen to society if FB disappeared tomorrow vs the sudden loss of Budweiser, Disney, Coca-Cola or ATT?

image >>

Anyone bailing out of a stock after 6 months probably shouldn't be investing in IPOs to begin with.

And is probably cursing themselves now if they had..

That said, had I bought shares at the start, I'd probably think about selling at least half now to lock in the win.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.