nibannynibanny Posts: 2,761
    Thanks for the heads up! image

Very nice silver you got!image
    The member formerly known as Ciccio / Posts: 1453 / Joined: Apr 2009
  • Options
    mariner67mariner67 Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭
    Good for you....great new hoard.
    Congratulations.
    I thought I was the only one who caused market drops by purchasing!
    Best.
    Successful trades/buys/sells with gdavis70, adriana, wondercoin, Weiss, nibanny, IrishMike, commoncents05, pf70collector, kyleknap, barefootjuan, coindeuce, WhiteTornado, Nefprollc, ajw, JamesM, PCcoins, slinc, coindudeonebay,beernuts, and many more
  • Options
    jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,382 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I love to see Barber Halves being rescued. Nice haul!image
    Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.
  • Options
    WeissWeiss Posts: 9,935 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sexy pics! LOVE Barber & Walker 90% hoards image
    We are like children who look at print and see a serpent in the last letter but one, and a sword in the last.
    --Severian the Lame
  • Options
    piecesofmepiecesofme Posts: 6,669 ✭✭✭
    It appears that you got that auto repair bill taken care of lol. Nice Silver!!! I really like those raised letter 10 oz Engs.
    To forgive is to free a prisoner, and to discover that prisoner was you.
  • Options
    InYHWHWeTrustInYHWHWeTrust Posts: 1,448 ✭✭✭
    just something about worn silver...image
    Do your best to avoid circular arguments, as it will help you reason better, because better reasoning is often a result of avoiding circular arguments.
  • Options
    Down 8 cents so far ...
  • Options
    jdimmickjdimmick Posts: 9,605 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am usually bearish/negative about the gold/silver market, similar to Jon Nadler , but I think its going higher this week.

• Options
    tydyetydye Posts: 3,894 ✭✭✭
    I usually only purchase 999. I was just about to leave when one of the owners asks - Do you like Barber halves? Which I do - I have 3 books of them. One is complete and 2 are getting there. He plops down a $250 dollar bag of them and says to pick out the nice ones. Problem was I had to be somewhere in 30 minutes and I was 20 minutes away. So I struck I deal on the bag figuring worst case I can just sell the ones back next week I do not want. Time to find a 4th set of Barber books - and maybe a 5th. Fun way to save silver.

I like the engelhards as well - same person must of owned them both as the serial #s are really close.

I hope you are right about silver gaining some ground this week.
  • Options
    pursuitoflibertypursuitofliberty Posts: 6,597 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Great looking pickup! image

I just bought a chunk (40oz) today too ...

“We are only their care-takers,” he posed, “if we take good care of them, then centuries from now they may still be here … ”

Todd - BHNC #242
  • Options
    CCC2010CCC2010 Posts: 1,987 ✭✭✭
    References:Coinsarefun,DerryB,Bloodman,Zubie,Gerard,Skyman,Bestclser1,Lakesammman,Yellowkid,PerryHall,Piecesofme,HTubbs,grote15
    Coinfame,Kaelasdad,Type2,UNLVino,MICHAELDIXON
    Justacommeman,tydye,78saen,123cents,blue62vette,Segoja,Nibanny
  • Options
    Down 8 cents so far ...

Then a very impressive spike upward about $1.00 and a quick drop back, all within what looks like about 5 minutes.image

I knew it would happen.
  • Options
    WingsruleWingsrule Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭✭
    No such spike showing on netdania...bad tick perhaps?
  • Options
    nam812nam812 Posts: 10,540 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>No such spike showing on netdania...bad tick perhaps? >>

• Options
    derrybderryb Posts: 36,217 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Down 8 cents so far ...

Then a very impressive spike upward about $1.00 and a quick drop back, all within what looks like about 5 minutes.image >>

Same with gold, same time. Baley hacking again?

Give Me Liberty or Give Me Debt

• Options
    BaleyBaley Posts: 22,658 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yup, just me playing puppet master again.

For my next trick, I'll keep Gold between $1550 and $1700 and Silver between $28 and $36 for the forseeable future. image

Liberty: Parent of Science & Industry

• Options
    derrybderryb Posts: 36,217 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Yup, just me playing puppet master again.

For my next trick, I'll keep Gold between $1550 and $1700 and Silver between $28 and $36 for the forseeable future. image >>

Let's do the $36 tomorrow.

Give Me Liberty or Give Me Debt

• Options
    TomohawkTomohawk Posts: 667 ✭✭

<< <i>Yup, just me playing puppet master again.

For my next trick, I'll keep Gold between $1550 and $1700 and Silver between $28 and $36 for the forseeable future. image >>

Can you let us know each time @$28 and then again @$36? Need to make up for my lost income...image
    ASE Addict...but oh so poor!
  • Options
    If you go onto Jim Sinclair's web site, you can see that the dollar spiked at the same time, in the same way. Baley, what ARE you doing?

I knew it would happen.
  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Weird spike.... in both markets... not sure what caused that... maybe just a data glitch. Cheers, RickO
  • Options
    OPAOPA Posts: 17,104 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Look for a sharp drop in silver prices monday >>

good call so far
    "Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • Options
    It happened again today!

If you look at both gold and the dollar on Sinclair's site right now, the dollar spiked while gold got hit directly. The dollar blipped right back to where it started, but you can observe the effect on gold - temporary fright, as intended. Silver was a bystander and is still reeling.

Those gold and dollar moves are computer-driven, but I don't think it is a data glitch. Both gold and the dollar had hair-trigger moves. These "flash crashes" are by design in my opinion, with the intention of triggering stop-loss sell orders in gold. Blatant manipulation, in my opinion.

As you can see, gold started recovering but only because the people who got knocked out on the stop-loss are scrambling to get right back in.

All the more reason to buy physical only. If this doesn't illustrate what's going on in ALL paper/electronic markets, nothing does.

I knew it would happen.
  • Options
    cohodkcohodk Posts: 18,622 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>It happened again today!

If you look at both gold and the dollar on Sinclair's site right now, the dollar spiked while gold got hit directly. The dollar blipped right back to where it started, but you can observe the effect on gold - temporary fright, as intended. Silver was a bystander and is still reeling.

Those gold and dollar moves are computer-driven, but I don't think it is a data glitch. Both gold and the dollar had hair-trigger moves. These "flash crashes" are by design in my opinion, with the intention of triggering stop-loss sell orders in gold. Blatant manipulation, in my opinion.

As you can see, gold started recovering but only because the people who got knocked out on the stop-loss are scrambling to get right back in.

All the more reason to buy physical only. If this doesn't illustrate what's going on in ALL paper/electronic markets, nothing does. >>

Commods are very thinly traded in the overnight markets. You are reading WAY TOO much into these LITTLE spikes. You havent seen a "flash crash"........yetimage

Excuses are tools of the ignorant

Knowledge is the enemy of fear

• Options
    DrBusterDrBuster Posts: 5,309 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wish I had the gumption and the ends to paper-play that daily dip where it could make me some money. What is the average now, 4 days of each week where it's predictable and goes through the same up/down basically?

Love that pile BTW!
  • Options
    oh myimage
    dont send sheep to kill a wolf...
  • Options
    Timbuk3Timbuk3 Posts: 11,658 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank's for the "heads-up".
    Nice "catch" !!!
    Timbuk3
  • Options
    tneigtneig Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭
    On my scale it means I should keep more things in "My Cart" ready to pull the trigger when the dip pays for the shipping. image
    COA
  • Options
    johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,527 ✭✭✭✭✭
    piles of silver. thats what dreams are made of image