Home Precious Metals
Options

This weeks Friday Metal *Pin-Ups*

LukeMarshallLukeMarshall Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭✭✭
So what did everybody get this week?

I ended up going yellow mostly, until the little half reales showed up at the last minute...

Not to be confused with her sister Miss June 2011, This little lady we will call Miss March 2012...

Edit: I just noticed that this is my 100th post... imageimageimage

It's all about what the people want...

Comments

• Options
    CCC2010CCC2010 Posts: 1,987 ✭✭✭
    image on your pick up this week and on the 100th Post. Thanks for the giveaway... I will take the gold!image
    References:Coinsarefun,DerryB,Bloodman,Zubie,Gerard,Skyman,Bestclser1,Lakesammman,Yellowkid,PerryHall,Piecesofme,HTubbs,grote15
    Coinfame,Kaelasdad,Type2,UNLVino,MICHAELDIXON
    Justacommeman,tydye,78saen,123cents,blue62vette,Segoja,Nibanny
  • Options
    mkman123mkman123 Posts: 6,849 ✭✭✭✭
    are the half reales real? They have a weird look to them, nice newps!!
    Successful Buying and Selling transactions with:

Many members on this forum that now it cannot fit in my signature. Please ask for entire list.
  • Options
    derrybderryb Posts: 36,194 ✭✭✭✭✭
    good to see you like both kinds of music - country and western

Keep an open mind, or get financially repressed -Zoltan Pozsar

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice gold... congratulations on 100 posts... Cheers, RickO
  • Options
    WeissWeiss Posts: 9,935 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Paid melt for these yesterday:

We are like children who look at print and see a serpent in the last letter but one, and a sword in the last.
    --Severian the Lame
  • Options
    MeltdownMeltdown Posts: 8,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Here's my newp for the week... It's a gorgeous set... all original with ice blue edge toning.
  • Options
    VetterVetter Posts: 789 ✭✭✭✭✭
    412 grams added to the stash.
    Members I have done business with:
    Silverman68, jfoot13, GAB, ricman, Smittys, scrapman1077, RyGuy, Connecticoin, Meltdown, VikingDude, Peaceman, Patches and more.
  • Options
    Timbuk3Timbuk3 Posts: 11,658 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorry, but I have'nt gotten anything this week.
    But, I may get something tomorrow (Sat.) !!!

Timbuk3
  • Options
    OnlyGoldIsMoneyOnlyGoldIsMoney Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cool newps LukeMarshall, Meltdown, Vetter and Weiss.

I added 26 ounces this week (seller's photos).

• Options
    BarndogBarndog Posts: 20,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    that Bunker Hill bar have anything on the reverse? It's pretty cool. I grew up not too far from Bunker Hill

And yes, folks, the "Battle of Bunker Hill" was fought on Breed's Hill.
  • Options
    OnlyGoldIsMoneyOnlyGoldIsMoney Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>that Bunker Hill bar have anything on the reverse? It's pretty cool. I grew up not too far from Bunker Hill

And yes, folks, the "Battle of Bunker Hill" was fought on Breed's Hill. >>

The reverse is blank. Seller believes these were given to employees which accounts for the low serial number.
  • Options
    BarndogBarndog Posts: 20,458 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>that Bunker Hill bar have anything on the reverse? It's pretty cool. I grew up not too far from Bunker Hill

The reverse is blank. Seller believes these were given to employees which accounts for the low serial number. >>

thanks for the info. Blank or not, nice bar.
  • Options
    freechancefreechance Posts: 380 ✭✭
    how bout some more JM's
  • Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,485 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>

The reverse is blank. Seller believes these were given to employees which accounts for the low serial number. >>

thanks for the info. Blank or not, nice bar. >>

Agreed! I was also born not too far from Bunker Hill...
  • Options
    ZubieZubie Posts: 1,160 ✭✭✭✭
    Sold almost all my gold and silver for this...

updated photo...

The picture is a few days old, but, we closed today and move in next week.

It feels good to be a home owner again!!!

And thanks to everyone on this board for their great advice. If it wasn't for you guys, we'd still be renting and still thousands away from home ownership!!!

Cheers, Tim
    Positive BST Transactions with:
    Overdate, BestMR, Weather11AM, TDEC1000, Carew4me, BigMarty58, Coinsarefun, Golfer72, UnknownComic, DMarks, JFoot13, ElKevvo, Truthteller, Duxbutt, TwoSides2aCoin, PerryHall, mhammerman, Papabear, Wingsrule, WTCG, MillerJW, Ciccio, zrlevin, dantheman984, tee135, jdimmick, gsa1fan, jmski52, SUMORADA, guitarwes, bstat1020, pitboss, meltdown, Schmitz7, 30AnvZ28, pragmaticgoat, wondercoin & MkMan123
  • Options
    pursuitoflibertypursuitofliberty Posts: 6,592 ✭✭✭✭✭
    a little gold this week image

Congrat's on the 100th post Luke ... and on the house Zubie (looking good!) image

“We are only their care-takers,” he posed, “if we take good care of them, then centuries from now they may still be here … ”

Todd - BHNC #242
  • Options
    fivecentsfivecents Posts: 11,207 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Congratulations Zubie! Thats a great looking house.image
  • Options
    nibannynibanny Posts: 2,761
    This week I just got few fillers for my Whitman folders. Just completed the Kennedy series! image

pursuitofliberty, those pictures are great!

Zubie, congrats on the house! Beautiful and well worth it the sale of your PMs!
    The member formerly known as Ciccio / Posts: 1453 / Joined: Apr 2009
  • Options
    WeissWeiss Posts: 9,935 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Congrats, Zubie! That place looks really nice!
    We are like children who look at print and see a serpent in the last letter but one, and a sword in the last.
    --Severian the Lame
  • Options
    ZubieZubie Posts: 1,160 ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks guys, I'm post some more pics next week once we get the hardwood floors installed.

It's been so hard to not buy PM these last 4-5 months. Good news is now that we have closed, I can start picking up a few ASEs or an AGE on a dip.

Positive BST Transactions with:
    Overdate, BestMR, Weather11AM, TDEC1000, Carew4me, BigMarty58, Coinsarefun, Golfer72, UnknownComic, DMarks, JFoot13, ElKevvo, Truthteller, Duxbutt, TwoSides2aCoin, PerryHall, mhammerman, Papabear, Wingsrule, WTCG, MillerJW, Ciccio, zrlevin, dantheman984, tee135, jdimmick, gsa1fan, jmski52, SUMORADA, guitarwes, bstat1020, pitboss, meltdown, Schmitz7, 30AnvZ28, pragmaticgoat, wondercoin & MkMan123
  • Options
    piecesofmepiecesofme Posts: 6,669 ✭✭✭
    Tim,
    Congrats on the beautiful home. I have just one more tip though. When taking a picture of something that worked long and hard for, get the trash can out of the picture before taking it image

Just kidding buddy, had to rib ya a little bit.
    To forgive is to free a prisoner, and to discover that prisoner was you.
  • Options
    derrybderryb Posts: 36,194 ✭✭✭✭✭
    took in this $10 W, but the scratch above liberty's elbow prevents it from going in my collection:

Keep an open mind, or get financially repressed -Zoltan Pozsar

• Options
    mariner67mariner67 Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭
    Tim
    What a great tine to buy a home. Congratulations.
    Usually the next challange is more furniture etc so feel lucky if you soon have some cash for PMs.
    Best!
    Successful trades/buys/sells with gdavis70, adriana, wondercoin, Weiss, nibanny, IrishMike, commoncents05, pf70collector, kyleknap, barefootjuan, coindeuce, WhiteTornado, Nefprollc, ajw, JamesM, PCcoins, slinc, coindudeonebay,beernuts, and many more
  • Options
    bestmrbestmr Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭
    Grats on the home!!!!! I just got $6 FV in 90%, nothing exciting. I saw a couple local rounds (Spokane, CDA, ect) but they wanted $40 which I thought was too high.
    Positive dealing with oilstates2003, rkfish, Scrapman1077, Weather11am, Guitarwes, Twosides2acoin, Hendrixkat, Sevensteps, CarlWohlforth, DLBack, zug, wildjag, tetradrachm, tydye, NotSure, AgBlox, Seemyauction, Stopmotion, Zubie, Fivecents, Musky1011, Bstat1020, Gsa1fan several times, and Mkman123 LOTS of times
  • Options
    I went to a LCS and bought this today.....................

I paid $35.28 for it. It is a 1987 Continental Coin Corp "Good Luck" silver art bar.

DISCLAIMER: I am NOT a '70's silver art bar expert but I try my best to play one on the Internet.
  • Options
    Went to B&M today. Didn't see anything to buy. As a side, they were buying 90% silver at 17.25X face.
  • Options
    TheRegulatorTheRegulator Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭
    Congrats, Zubie. I still think you will be able to buy some PMs at lower prices in the coming months.

Page two with no Libertads??? Managed to find one at a local show last Sunday. I guess it is one ounce more than I had the week before. image

The Tree of Liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants. -Thomas Jefferson
  • Options
    halfhunterhalfhunter Posts: 2,770 ✭✭✭
    Went to our lil annual coin show today . . . Picked this up along with some 1oz chunkies, Engels & JMs.
    There are assay certs for each bar in the box also. These are the Engelhard made 1, 5, & 10oz bars.

May give them a lil bath later.

HH

Edited for spelling . . .
    Need the following OBW rolls to complete my 46-64 Roosevelt roll set:
    1947-P & D; 1948-D; 1949-P & S; 1950-D & S; and 1952-S.
    Any help locating any of these OBW rolls would be gratefully appreciated!
  • Options
    tydyetydye Posts: 3,894 ✭✭✭
    Awesome piece Halfhunter. No need to dip though you can just sell it to me
  • Options
    tydyetydye Posts: 3,894 ✭✭✭
    Here are some of my purchases this week.