Home Precious Metals
Options

Calling on YoungCoin15 - please respond - ASE roll received!

Youngcoin15,

Please respond to my PMs and emails from a week ago regarding our SAE transaction.

You have my information.

Thanks,

bstat1020

Comments

• Options
    Timbuk3Timbuk3 Posts: 11,658 ✭✭✭✭✭
    PM Sent !!!
    Timbuk3
  • Options
    bstat1020bstat1020 Posts: 2,151 ✭✭
    Lets talk Jeff! I need to hear from you buddie!!

For those of you that have purchased ASE rolls from Youngcoin15 on the December order please PM me. I have already talked to a couple. I want to find out if you have received your order is all.

Not a big deal as of yet, but it is headed that direction.

Thanks,

Brian
  • Options
    Jan 13th appears to be his last posting on these boards. A month is a LONG time to go without communication if you owe something to someone!!!
  • Options
    derrybderryb Posts: 36,212 ✭✭✭✭✭
    How many didn't get delivery. Post if you paid but didn't receive.

Give Me Liberty or Give Me Debt

• Options
    PerryHallPerryHall Posts: 45,443 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sounds like he either died, suffered a major medical problem such as stroke or heart attack, or he ripped you guys off. Is he a relatively new forum member?

Worry is the interest you pay on a debt you may not owe.

• Options
    carew4mecarew4me Posts: 3,464 ✭✭✭✭
    I have participated in 2 previous YoungCoin15 SAE roll deals and everything went smooth.

Communication is always sparse from payment until roll delivery time, but he always hit stated deadline.

Hope all works out.

Loves me some shiny!
  • Options
    I have purchased from YoungCoin on 4 occasions and never had a problem. He only seems to be on the boards when he posts something for sale so I don't think he reads the boards regularly. I used to communicate via email w/ him. Do you have his email address?
    "If you hit a midget on the head with a stick, he turns into 40 gold coins." - Patty Oswalt
  • Options
    I have purchased from him before also with no problem. I do remember he went missing for a while. I wouldn't worry.
  • Options
    piecesofmepiecesofme Posts: 6,669 ✭✭✭
    I have purchased from him before also with no problem. I do remember he went missing for a while. I wouldn't worry

Those sentences contradict one another. He was always doing those pre-sales for ASE's. Maybe he wasn't able to GET the ASE's this time. If that's the case, he should be refunding every cent he collected...and not a month later like it is now!

Staying in touch til the buyer receives what was purchased is at the heart of the trust that we all expect from each other here. I hope for those involved that they get what they paid for.
    To forgive is to free a prisoner, and to discover that prisoner was you.
  • Options

<< <i>I have purchased from him before also with no problem. I do remember he went missing for a while. I wouldn't worry

Those sentences contradict one another. He was always doing those pre-sales for ASE's. Maybe he wasn't able to GET the ASE's this time. If that's the case, he should be refunding every cent he collected...and not a month later like it is now!

Staying in touch til the buyer receives what was purchased is at the heart of the trust that we all expect from each other here. I hope for those involved that they get what they paid for. >>

Maybe I should have added that it was well over a month in my case. Agree he should stay in touch but that's not the point here. The point is he didn't stay in touch and I received my ASEs.
  • Options
    jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,380 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Holding someone else's money for a month on a bullion deal with no communication is very uncool. My opinion.
    Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.
  • Options

<< <i>Holding someone else's money for a month on a bullion deal with no communication is very uncool. My opinion. >>

Nail, meet hammer.
  • Options
  • Options
    carew4mecarew4me Posts: 3,464 ✭✭✭✭
    In my case, the delivery range was stated up front.

After paying, I would be confirmed via PM with update given as "Rolls should be shipped by X date, I will contact when I ship them."

They were always shipped within date range and PM was sent with tracking.

I required no hand holding in between.

Guess I'm low maintenance image

Loves me some shiny!
  • Options
    Thanks for the warning. It's clowns like this that ruin the BST for others.

• Options
    Thanks for your comments.

I do have multiple email addresses for him. If anyone has any other contact info for him please PM it to me.

I too have bought from Youngcoin15 previously and havent had a problem yet. Not sure what happened to him this time.

A Paypal dispute has been opened against him, so hopefully that combined with multiple emails and PMs will get his attention.

My delivery date was told to me upfront as well which was two weeks ago, and I have not heard from him in a month. I do not require hand holding, I just want what was promised to me or my money back.

I guess that just seems fair not anything more or less.

JEFF - YOU NEED TO CONTACT ME NOW!!

Thanks all,

bstat
  • Options
    WingsruleWingsrule Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭✭
    A Paypal dispute has been opened against him

Good approach. I wish you (and all others) success in getting your money or your agreed-upon merchandise.

Just because people have had success in the past doesn't mean that everything always works out. I'm sure we can all name past members that had great reputations that later went 'rogue'.

• Options
    Pre-sales and bullion are a dangerous combination.
  • Options

<< <i>Pre-sales and bullion are a dangerous combination. >>

Sure is! Caused one former member here his life unfortunately.
  • Options
    1jester1jester Posts: 8,638 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

Sure is! Caused one former member here his life unfortunately. >>

Cost or caused? I assume you mean cost because caused doesn't make sense in that context. Please explain the circumstances surrounding this cryptic missive!

imageimageimage
    .....GOD

"Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you." -Luke 11:9

"Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God is one LORD: And thou shalt love the LORD thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy might." -Deut. 6:4-5

"For the LORD is our judge, the LORD is our lawgiver, the LORD is our king; He will save us." -Isaiah 33:22
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

Cost or caused? I assume you mean cost because caused doesn't make sense in that context. Please explain the circumstances surrounding this cryptic missive!

imageimageimage >>

I read it as a typo and the intent was "cost". I assume we are talking about Cameron Kieffer who committed suicide after selling coins he didn't have but hoped to locate for his customers.

• Options
    SpoolySpooly Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>

imageimageimage >>

How about we don't explain this...... its server no purpose, and will get everyone riled up. 1jester will will PM you.

Si vis pacem, para bellum

In God We Trust.... all others pay in Gold and Silver!
  • Options
    I assume we are talking about Cameron Kieffer who committed suicide after selling coins he didn't have but hoped to locate for his customers

I "donated" $200 for this coin when a collection was being take up for his wife and kids by Wingsrule (I believe).
    I never really knew the guy other than trying to work out a few deals with him here. Never met him in person, but could tell he seemed to be a genuine guy. I decided to donate because I was so touched (more like angered) by what he did when it all came out, and felt absolutely miserable for his family left behind.
    I'm not trying to beat my own drum...all I'm saying is I look at this coin from time to time to remind MYSELF to never let this hobby get out of hand, because ultimately, that's all it is...a hobby. I truly hope things work out for those that YoungCoin15 has left in the dark about their purchases.
  • Options
    Folks,

I just want YoungCoin15 to contact me. If not, Paypal will do the rest.

This is not a thread to discuss Cameron or opinions about him. I find it highly inappropriate. Please delete these discussions from my thread or I will have the mods completely remove this.

Thanks for understanding.

bstat
  • Options
    1jester1jester Posts: 8,638 ✭✭✭
    Ah, so Gecko is referring to Cameron. I did not know he was involved in bullion sales (more a coin guy), nor am I familiar with the details surrounding his decision to take his own life. Many people we've known here over the years, our dear friends, have passed away and have left us feeling very empty inside. Cameron's case is particularly painful since those of us who've been around since the days of Camelot knew him very well; hell, he was just a kid, a protege, as it were, and we befriended him, grew with him and helped shape his life - who can recall the story of him buying the bedroom furniture....well, nevermind. He was our friend and his demise is particularly bitter for us.

I didn't know the current situation could possibly be compared to Cameron, nor do I feel now that there is any connection whatsoever.

imageimageimage
    .....GOD

"Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you." -Luke 11:9

"Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God is one LORD: And thou shalt love the LORD thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy might." -Deut. 6:4-5

"For the LORD is our judge, the LORD is our lawgiver, the LORD is our king; He will save us." -Isaiah 33:22
  • Options
    OnlyGoldIsMoneyOnlyGoldIsMoney Posts: 3,300 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Brian, you have gone the extra by trying to contact YoungCoin15. Short of illness or accident the lack of communication is a red flag.

I am glad to hear you paid via paypal. This situation makes me lean towards opting for paypal + 3% (rather than paypal gift) as extra insurance in the event of similar unpleasantness.
  • Options
    Well, still no contact from YoungCoin15.

Probably no help from Paypal since it was more than 45 days ago when I made the payment with a promised delivery date of 2 weeks ago.

All emails and PMs go unanswered. The phone numbers I have are disconnected or reject incoming calls.

What is my next step? Police?

Brian
  • Options
    WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    Police may say it's a civil matter.

Sorry this happened to you.

If you paid with a CC they may help you.

Good for you.
  • Options
    guitarwesguitarwes Posts: 9,240 ✭✭✭
    I almost bought from YoungCoin15 on his initial offering of SAE's last year or the year before. It looked a little too good to be true. I had a bad gut feeling about it and didn't buy, but it seemed like everything went smooth on all of his transactions and I was proven wrong and missed out on a good deal.

I almost bought again this past time on his 2012 pre-order but just didn't feel good about it again and didn't have the extra cash. I hope this isn't a bait 'em up and run deal and hope YoungCoin15 will come out and make good on this. Good luck to everyone who has a pending deal.

@ Elite CNC Routing & Woodworks on Facebook. Check out my work.
    Too many positive BST transactions with too many members to list.
  • Options
    CaptHenwayCaptHenway Posts: 31,564 ✭✭✭✭✭
    For all their problems, if you buy from a B&M they are likely to be there next month should a problem arise.

If you buy from a stranger at an email address, where are they going to be next month?

Numismatist. 50 year member ANA. Winner of four ANA Heath Literary Awards; three Wayte and Olga Raymond Literary Awards; Numismatist of the Year Award 2009, and Lifetime Achievement Award 2020. Winner numerous NLG Literary Awards.
  • Options
    What is the allure about dealing with these tricksters versus a local B&M or a known outlet like Apmex?
  • Options

<< <i>Well, still no contact from YoungCoin15.

Probably no help from Paypal since it was more than 45 days ago when I made the payment with a promised delivery date of 2 weeks ago.

All emails and PMs go unanswered. The phone numbers I have are disconnected or reject incoming calls.

What is my next step? Police?

Brian >>

Mail fraud - federal offense, start with postal inspectors and they will bring in proper law enforcement. Unfortunately, the guy who burned me (non BST) doesen't have to make restitution until he gets out of federal prison, but I can wait another 17 months. image

Give Me Liberty or Give Me Debt

• Options

<< <i>What is the allure about dealing with these tricksters versus a local B&M or a known outlet like Apmex? >>

This is a very stupid response. Not everyone who sells on the BST is a "trickster". And the allure of dealing with the BST over local B&M or other well known outlets is usually price and/or selection.

In my personal experience on this forum, i'd estimate that better than 99% of all completed BST transactions (in which payment has been made) are smooth as glass. I have never once had a problem for any item that I paid another member for on these forums.....have you?
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>What is the allure about dealing with these tricksters versus a local B&M or a known outlet like Apmex? >>

This is a very stupid response. Not everyone who sells on the BST is a "trickster". And the allure of dealing with the BST over local B&M or other well known outlets is usually price and/or selection.

In my personal experience on this forum, i'd estimate that better than 99% of all completed BST transactions (in which payment has been made) are smooth as glass. I have never once had a problem for any item that I paid another member for on these forums.....have you? >>

I guess if I would have known this was going to happen, THEN I WOULDNT HAVE DONE IT!!image I had a history with this person in past successful deals on the BST, so I thought it was a good option at the time. Maybe it will still work out? I dont know. Maybe he is sick or had a terrible accident? I am starting to feel that I got taken here though.
  • Options

<< <i>

In my personal experience on this forum, i'd estimate that better than 99% of all completed BST transactions (in which payment has been made) are smooth as glass. I have never once had a problem for any item that I paid another member for on these forums.....have you? >>

Stupid, I'm not the one in communication with law enforcement. I am mainly referring to pre-sales, they tend to be a suckers play. I don't mean to attack BST transactions, but if you don't like the price locally, negotiate. In my experience face-to-face is safer and cheaper (no shipping), except when doing volume purchases from someone like Tulving.
  • Options
    You can often get great prices on deals from strangers on the street corner.

Wanna buy a Rolex?

Same thing with shrimp sold from the trunk of a car on a hot day.
    Numismatist. 50 year member ANA. Winner of four ANA Heath Literary Awards; three Wayte and Olga Raymond Literary Awards; Numismatist of the Year Award 2009, and Lifetime Achievement Award 2020. Winner numerous NLG Literary Awards.
  • Options

<< <i>You can often get great prices on deals from strangers on the street corner.

Wanna buy a Rolex?

Same thing with shrimp sold from the trunk of a car on a hot day. >>

Thanks for the great advice and help!image
  • Options
    Local B&M's don't want to negotiate anymore, not even the ones that I've been going to for over 15 years now. Maybe it's because they're already giving me the 15 year trading partner discount, but even so, they just wont negotiate anymore.

I went to a fairly large local show yesterday and tried the negotiation tactic on every dealer that was set up that had something I was interested in. I went 1 for 7 in getting them to bite, and that was only a very minor break ($10 off what they were asking on 2 10 oz silver bars).

One guy wouldn't give me $10 off of his 100 oz Engelhard. When I made my 3rd round by his table about 45 minutes later, I asked him again by saying, "I see you still have that 100 oz'er, your asking price is pretty fair, but could you just take $10 off?" and he said no again. I then said, "you know, there's a reason that bar is still in your case at a busy show like this." He said, "that's the price." I said, "I'm sorry you overpaid for it and can't let it go for $10 less than what you're asking."

The bottom line is, even flashing cash doesn't work anymore, at least not around here.
  • Options
    So a dealer wouldnt discount a $3350 bar by just 1/3rd of 1%? Not to be judgemental, but that sounds like an idiot to me. Its like trying to sell something for $335, and a guy offers you $334. Its like trying to sell something for $33.50, and a guy offers you $33.40. Its like trying to sell something for $3.35, and a guy offers $3.34.

Moron move by the dealer.

• Options
    You know the guy in the middle isle, all the way down on the opposite end of the entrance (which is actually the back of the building), on the right side, his usual spot?...him image
  • Options
    BaleyBaley Posts: 22,658 ✭✭✭✭✭
    So a dealer wouldnt discount a $3350 bar by just 1/3rd of 1%? Not to be judgemental, but that sounds like an idiot to me. Its like trying to sell something for $335, and a guy offers you $334. Its like trying to sell something for $33.50, and a guy offers you $33.40. Its like trying to sell something for $3.35, and a guy offers $3.34.

But but but, the reverse is not also true? That someone passed on something they wanted to buy, because they could not save the equivalent of a dime on a $33.50 purchase?
    Or does this kind of math only apply in one direction?

but back to the OP, sorry to hear of the tribulations you're having, and for the Schadenfreude from some of the posters. Best of luck.

Liberty: Parent of Science & Industry

• Options

<< <i>So a dealer wouldnt discount a $3350 bar by just 1/3rd of 1%? Not to be judgemental, but that sounds like an idiot to me. Its like trying to sell something for $335, and a guy offers you $334. Its like trying to sell something for $33.50, and a guy offers you $33.40. Its like trying to sell something for $3.35, and a guy offers $3.34.

But but but, the reverse is not also true? That someone passed on something they wanted to buy, because they could not save the equivalent of a dime on a $33.50 purchase?
    Or does this kind of math only apply in one direction?

but back to the OP, sorry to hear of the tribulations you're having, and for the Schadenfreude from some of the posters. Best of luck. >>

That logic certainly applies to numismatic items, but a bullion purchase can be made many places.
  • Options
    JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>So a dealer wouldnt discount a $3350 bar by just 1/3rd of 1%? Not to be judgemental, but that sounds like an idiot to me. Its like trying to sell something for $335, and a guy offers you $334. Its like trying to sell something for $33.50, and a guy offers you $33.40. Its like trying to sell something for $3.35, and a guy offers $3.34.

Moron move by the dealer. >>

Some would say they just don't like being chiseled. MJ
    Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • Options
    True story about chiseling. Wife and I took her 2004 RAV4 with 92,000 miles to a Subaru dealer this past Saturday. Dealer offered a rock bottom trade-in offer on the RAV4. Wife really wanted the 2012 Impreza, so I was feeling a bit generous. Long story short, salesman arrived at a monthly payment of $319/month for 60 months, all said, all done. I said $300 was my max, so make the numbers work. He goes away, comes back and says $305 is the absolute best they could do after "knocking all the profit out" of the new car. I reply that they should then knock out $300 more profit on the trade-in they were effing us on to start with. Salesman says $305 is absolute bottom.....I tell him we have another 4-5 years of good driving left on the RAV4 and tell the wife to get her coat on. Then the wife undermines my huge bluff and pulls the ole Nike "just do it". So I smile and tell the salesman congrats on giving me the worst beating of my life without ever laying a hand on me.

We are shuffled off to the finance office, and after our credit is run, we are given a 2.25% rate....much lower than the estimate that got us to $305. Final monthly payment was $297.

So was I really gonna walk on a $5/month difference? Probably not. Would the dealership have let us leave over a $5/month difference? Probably not. But the wife ensured that the standoff didnt happen....just like Ransom Stoddard in Liberty Valance with the steak on the floor!
  • Options
    LMAO! My wife has done the EXACT same thing Phil, because it was something she wanted. I gave her a "starring daggers" look when she did it and we discussed it aftwerwards and she has held true to her word of not doing it again.
    I told her that if I am having to pay for something that I have absolutely no use for and could live wihtout the rest of my life, for her to be quiet when I am negotiating. image

She's done this to me too when I've been haggling over a bullion purchase. I don't take her with anymore when I'm going to buy bullion. lol
  • Options

<< <i>

Some would say they just don't like being chiseled. MJ >>

And sometimes they just don't like the way the question is asked.
  • Options
    TomBTomB Posts: 20,737 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>

Some would say they just don't like being chiseled. MJ >>

And sometimes they just don't like the way the question is asked. >>

It might also be due to who was asking the question or for the discount. We all know that the price of things can be flexible and can change from client-to-client based upon the relationship between the parties or the reputation of an individual.
    Thomas Bush Numismatics & Numismatic Photography

In honor of the memory of Cpl. Michael E. Thompson

• Options
    WingsruleWingsrule Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭✭
    Hey, Brian! At least you're getting a lot of free bumps from all these off-topic posts!

• Options
    StaircoinsStaircoins Posts: 2,565 ✭✭✭

<< <i>True story about chiseling. Wife and I took her 2004 RAV4 with 92,000 miles to a Subaru dealer this past Saturday. Dealer offered a rock bottom trade-in offer on the RAV4. Wife really wanted the 2012 Impreza, so I was feeling a bit generous. Long story short, salesman arrived at a monthly payment of $319/month for 60 months, all said, all done. I said $300 was my max, so make the numbers work. He goes away, comes back and says $305 is the absolute best they could do after "knocking all the profit out" of the new car. I reply that they should then knock out $300 more profit on the trade-in they were effing us on to start with. Salesman says $305 is absolute bottom.....I tell him we have another 4-5 years of good driving left on the RAV4 and tell the wife to get her coat on. Then the wife undermines my huge bluff and pulls the ole Nike "just do it". So I smile and tell the salesman congrats on giving me the worst beating of my life without ever laying a hand on me.

We are shuffled off to the finance office, and after our credit is run, we are given a 2.25% rate....much lower than the estimate that got us to $305. Final monthly payment was $297.

So was I really gonna walk on a $5/month difference? Probably not. Would the dealership have let us leave over a $5/month difference? Probably not. But the wife ensured that the standoff didnt happen....just like Ransom Stoddard in Liberty Valance with the steak on the floor! >>

LOL!! I can relate! After having this VERY thing happen to me when buying a Silverado several years ago (except we were talking bottom dollar, not financing), I now have to tell my wife to "Go look at the cars in the showroom, Honey" while I do the price negotiating.

We bought a Cabin Cruiser last summer, and she nearly queered the deal with her irrational exuberance on the sea trials. I bet she cost us an extra grand, easy. image
  • Options
    TomBTomB Posts: 20,737 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Hey, Brian! At least you're getting a lot of free bumps from all these off-topic posts! >>

Sorry about the off-topic post.image Also, I should point out that it was just an observation and was not directed toward anyone within the thread.
    Thomas Bush Numismatics & Numismatic Photography

In honor of the memory of Cpl. Michael E. Thompson