Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Lets build a 1952 Topps set.

Comments

• Options
    psychumppsychump Posts: 1,378 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I dont anticipate ever owning an entire 52 set, but I thought it would be cool to do one right here with everyones help. Lets post cards in numerical order of the entire set until we reach the Mathews.
    Graded, raw, beaters, whatever you have. I think it will be cool to see the set this way.

Rules:

1) You must own the card(s). No ebay pics or borrowing pics from someones registry.
    2) Lets try and do this a card at a time or a few at most, that way everyone can contribute.
    3) Have fun!!!

I'll start it out.

>>

Tallulah Bankhead — 'There have been only two geniuses in the world. Willie Mays and Willie Shakespeare.'
  • Options
    PiggsPiggs Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭✭
    You do have a point. My thought is we may have to dig out the reprints during the high number portion of the show.
  • Options
    psychumppsychump Posts: 1,378 ✭✭✭
    I was thinking #48 or 49. But I couldn't stand it. As for the rules... I own the card , It was my first post and I did have fun! Won't happen again unless...
    Tallulah Bankhead — 'There have been only two geniuses in the world. Willie Mays and Willie Shakespeare.'
  • Options
    all I have are my Indians, and missed the beginning of this thread and several low numbers...Have 55 Boone if nobody's called it. image
    Need PSA Indians/Browns
  • Options
    BrickBrick Posts: 4,955 ✭✭✭✭✭
    When we get to #49 how about both error and correct?
    Collecting 1960 Topps Baseball in PSA 8
    http://www.unisquare.com/store/brick/

Ralph

• Options
    i wish i had a scanner..i have a signed correct johnny sain...
    my t-205's

looking for low grade t205's psa 1-2
  • Options
    Didn't really want to show this ugly card but it's for the cause. Former Seattle Rainier Gordon Goldsberry here. We need to make hay today posting before the game today fellas.

• Options
    My last card until maybe after the game tonight, sounds like some others out there have some ready to go. Enjoy the SB everyone. Doug

• Options
    Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Very cool!

I've got #54 to share if that's OK.

I gotta confess - I have zero high numbers.
    Mike
  • Options
    I have very few high numbers myself Mike, maybe 5 or 6. We may die on the vine there. image
  • Options
    DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭
    ZERO Hi #s for me.

Ted (RipublicaninMass) has some autographed hi #s. Hopefully he sees this thread.
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • Options
    Downtown1974Downtown1974 Posts: 6,762 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    frankhardyfrankhardy Posts: 8,058 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've got 4 Cardinals high numbers.

Shane

• Options
    jrbolesjrboles Posts: 566 ✭✭
    I got about 40 high numbers. But not the Mantle. Could be a stall at 311. But I got at least the 6 after that.
  • Options
    ENOUGH HI # TALK. Where the heck is JOE PAGE? JOHNNY SAIN and MARV RICKERT better be ready right after him!
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • Options

<< <i>I got about 40 high numbers. But not the Mantle. Could be a stall at 311. But I got at least the 6 after that. >>

Several guys here have Mantle. That's great you have 40 hi's. Things are looking up.
  • Options
    CrazylegsCrazylegs Posts: 406 ✭✭✭
    I know I'm jumping ahead by 1 card but I am about to step out for the
    Super Bowl and didn't want to miss out on adding to this great post.

# 49 Johnny Sain (Page back)

I will take my lashes for jumping ahead when I return home from seeing the Patriots get
    their revenge!

Carry on Crazylegs
    Craig AKA "Crazylegs"
  • Options
    By the way I am awaiting this cards return from PSA.
    Craig AKA "Crazylegs"
  • Options
    Nice card Crazylegs LMK if you are interested in selling. Doug
  • Options
    Here's the skipped Page, get it?

• Options
    Now, crazylegs needs to edit his post and reply with the Sain again to keep things in order. image

Shane

• Options

<< <i>I know I'm jumping ahead by 1 card but I am about to step out for the
    Super Bowl and didn't want to miss out on adding to this great post.

# 49 Johnny Sain (Page back)

I will take my lashes for jumping ahead when I return home from seeing the Patriots get
    their revenge!

Carry on Crazylegs >>

Now that I think about it I really didn't skip since I did show both Sain & Page all in one lol.
    That's my excuse and I'm sticking with it!
    Craig AKA "Crazylegs"
  • Options
    We can't stop now! #50

The best pitch to start a hitter off with is always strike one.
  • Options
    I'll get 56 when I get home this evening.

Shane

• Options
    ManofmoeManofmoe Posts: 264 ✭✭
    Got #52 ready to go, just need someone to post Mr. Russell
  • Options
    I got #54 on the grill!

Mike
  • Options

<< <i>I got #54 on the grill! >>

#56 is getting burnt!!! image

Shane

• Options
    If no one else wants it, I guess I'll take #51. Not a Gem Mint version, but gets us moving I guess.

The best pitch to start a hitter off with is always strike one.
  • Options
  • Options
  • Options
    Here's a happy Chris Van Cuyk #53. OK Mike time to serve up the well done card #54. Doug

• Options
    jwgatorsjwgators Posts: 460 ✭✭
    Great post guys. Keep it up since I have never even sniffed one of these cards.
    Joel
  • Options
    still holding onto #55 image and have 3 high numbers if/when we get there
    Need PSA Indians/Browns
  • Options
    Lineup: Mike has 54, Basherboy 55, I have 56 scanned and ready unless someone else wants it. Doug
  • Options

<< <i>Lineup: Mike has 54, Basherboy 55, I have 56 scanned and ready unless someone else wants it. Doug >>

Check back a few posts, Doug. I have 56 ready to go. I've got all of my Cardinals scanned. Don't you dare try it! image

Shane

• Options
    This is starting to slow down guys. Since it's the OPs thread, I need him to agree as well as you other guys. How about if two hours go by and nobody posts a card then anyone can post that card? This is a GREAT thread and I'm looking forward to seeing it all the way to #407, Eddie Mathews.
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

• Options
    You got it Shane, I'll do 54 & 55 as soon as I scan them. Stand by.
  • Options
    The Kiely is from Mike, beautiful card can I have it? Boonie red and black back are mine. I feel better now.

• Options
    BrickBrick Posts: 4,955 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sign me up for #170
    Collecting 1960 Topps Baseball in PSA 8
    http://www.unisquare.com/store/brick/

Ralph

• Options
    lol of course after I wait all day and night to post mine, nice cards though
    Need PSA Indians/Browns
  • Options
    Sorry guys and basherboy I shouldn't have posted 3 straight, I guess I jumped at Doug's request to move on. I think what happens is we all have to go to work so it limits the time to post. I'm confidient we will keep the cards going. I'll back off until tonight if the thread needs a card.
  • Options
    I'm not upset image I was just mouthing. I work 3rd shift, so I'm on a bit of a different schedule.
    Need PSA Indians/Browns
  • Options
    Here is #56 Tommy Glaviano. Not the best of condition, but that is what is in my team set. Sign me up for #65 Enos Slaughter (unsigned and signed).

imageimage

Shane

• Options
    Doug,

I should have clarified my suggestion. Since this is DOWNTOWN1974's thread, I think he should respond to my following suggestion.

Post ONLY ONE card at a time. PLEASE stay in order. If nobody posts for two hours (yes, even if you "called" a certain number earlier in time) then ANYONE can post the next card ... even the person that posted the previous card.

I think this will give everyone a chance to show off their cards WITHOUT having to wait too long for them to do so.

WHAT SAY YOU GUYS?
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

• Options
    WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    The fronts of the Boone's are a shade different.

Does the shade there always correspond to the color of the back?

Good for you.
  • Options

<< <i>The fronts of the Boone's are a shade different.

Does the shade there always correspond to the color of the back? >>

It must be the different print runs for the red vs. black backs. The two Jones' cards have a slight different background color too. I wish the one Boone was better centered. I'm thinking all red and black back cards are a little different in color.
  • Options
    Scan deleted.

I was at the office today and missed my turn - last nite I think it stalled on #52?

Doug - will ya copy my pic and add it to your post and I'll delete mine from this post which is out of position?
    Mike
  • Options
    Downtown1974Downtown1974 Posts: 6,762 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    I've moved Mike's card up to the right spot above the Boonie card in my post above. Awesome card Mike. Thanks
  • Options
    Good team work, guys.

Shane