Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

1975 TOPPS MINI WAX BOX GROUP RIP: 11/9 5:00PM EST UPDATE - All Paid Packs Now Shipped

For the 24 of you who have made your payments, everything is in the hands of the USPS and on its way.
There are 3 of you who contacted me and made arrangements for payment, so all packs are basically
accounted for (sorry but no one has backed out for those of you eyeing any more packs).

You packs are sealed within a ziplock bag (for moisture protection), and then bubble-wrapped and then surrounded
by thick newspaper and then immobilized with styrofoam peanuts. Hopefully they will all arrive without incident, but
I will send you individual mailing details via email too. If anyone has any issues please let me know.

All, This is Dave Kleppel (70ToppsFanatic), and seeing as how many of us missed a bunch of the desireable 1970s items
that were added to the BBCE website last night, I've offered to put up at least 2 wax boxes of 1975 Topps Minis (36 pack
count) for a group pack rip. These are boxes from a case that was opened at BBCE and each box has been certified by Steve.

The only difference from the usual group rip is that I actually have these boxes in my posession, so payments will need
to be made to me and I will have to do the shipping.

I am starting an overseas business trip tomorrow (the 26th) and returning Nov 8th. As a result I will start the "subscription"
period for packs as planned, but payments will not be necessary before November 6th. That way shipments can be made
within a few days of payment and no one will need to worry that there is a problem. First shipments will be made on
November 8th.

As previously communicated, I am putting up at least TWO 1975 Topps Mini wax boxes. Depending on the number of people
wanting packs the number of boxes available may go up. If the there is significant interest beyond the first two boxes at least
1 more box may be added.

For the first 48 Hours after this thread is listed you are limited to 2 packs. After 48 hours passes you can buy 2 more. After a full 96 hours has passed it is open game for anyone. All
boxes must be fully "subscribed" before payment can be made and packs can be shipped. Any box that is only partially subscribed will not be broken, and any pack requests for that
box will be cancelled. Please reply to this thread with your packs. Only pack requests posted in this thread will be considered valid so that the process is completely transparent to all.

Costs will be $36.25 per pack ($1450 minus 10% divided by 36) + USPS priority mail flat rate (so I can use the small
flat rate boxes to better protect the packs instead of using a padded mailer) and insurance (optional but recommended)
+ Paypal fees of $1.50. Anyone can pay through paypal using account dave531@aol.com. Those marking their paypal payments
"Personal/Gift", which eliminates paypal fees, can deduct the $1.50 handling fee.

Thus, two packs with insurance would cost:

Sent Paypal marked Personal/Gift - $80.00 (2 x $36.25 + $5.20 postage + $2.30 insurance)
Sent regular Paypal - $81.50 (2 x $36.25 + $5.20 postage + $2.30 insurance + $1.50 paypal fees)

PAYMENTS SHOULD NOT BE MADE BEFORE I HAVE POSTED IN THIS THREAD THAT THE SUBSCRIPTION PERIOD HAS CLOSED. Once
the subscription period is closed, payments are not required until November 6th. Please be sure and include your CU User Name and
shipping details when paying. Also please post when you have paid and I will mark you off the list :

S/H and insurance rates are:

Small flat rate box: $5.20

If anyone has more packs than will fit in the small flat rate box, the medium flat rate box runs $10.95

The added insurance rates are exactly what www.usps.com has listed:
Amount for Merchandise
Insurance Coverage Desired Price1
$0.01 to $50 $1.80
$50.01 to $100 $2.30
$100.01 to $200 $2.85
$200.01 to $300 $4.75
$300.01 to $5,000
(maximum liability is $5,000) $4.75 plus $1.05 for each $100 or fraction thereof over $300

If you want to participate please post in this thread with how many packs you want and I will keep track.

For those who have never done a group rip, once the boxes are fully subscribed and the subscription period is declared
to be "closed" payments will not be due until November 6th. First shipments will go out on November 8th (I will be shipping
to you directly, so please include your shipping details and "FORUM NAME" with your payment).

Once the boxes are fully subscribed and you make your payment please post in this thread or send me a pm so that I can track the progress.

1975 Topps Mini Wax Box #1
1 - scmavl
2 - scmavl
3 - miconelegacy (as per scmavl)
4 - miconelegacy (as per scmavl)
5 - leadoff4
6 - stangrider (paid 10:30PM EDT 11/1)
7 - stangrider (paid 10:30PM EDT 11/1)
8 - MattyC (paid 9:30PM EDT 11/8)
9 - MattyC (paid 9:30PM EDT 11/8)
10 - leathtech (paid 3:00AM EST 11/6)
11 - leathtech (paid 3:00AM EST 11/6)
12 - sethro (paid 3:00AM EST 11/6)
13 - slugsports (paid 10:30PM EDT 11/1)
14 - slugsports (paid 10:30PM EDT 11/1)
15 - nendee (paid 9:30PM EDT 11/8)
16 - nendee (paid 9:30PM EDT 11/8)
17 - rlange5 (paid 11:10PM EDT 11/2)
18 - rlange5 (paid 11:10PM EDT 11/2)
19 - 08HALA20 (paid 4:00PM EDT 10/31)
20 - 08HALA20 (paid 4:00PM EDT 10/31)
21 - grote15 (paid 2:30PM EST 11/6)
22 - grote15 (paid 2:30PM EST 11/6)
23 - ldferg (paid 10:30PM EDT 11/1)
24 - ldferg (paid 10:30PM EDT 11/1)
25 - MacrosB (paid 3:15PM EDT 11/4)
26 - MacrosB (paid 3:15PM EDT 11/4)
27 - MrG (paid 3:15PM EDT 11/4)
28 - MrG (paid 3:15PM EDT 11/4)
29 - dilfer (paid 3:15PM EDT 11/4)
30 - Jawa2600 (paid 3:00AM EST 11/6)
31 - Jawa2600 (paid 3:00AM EST 11/6)
32 - fergie23 (paid 3:15PM EDT 11/4)
33 - fergie23 (paid 3:15PM EDT 11/4)
34 - mdkoum (paid 3:00AM EST 11/6)
35 - mdkuom (paid 3:00AM EST 11/6)
36 - jwgators (paid 11:10PM EDT 11/2)

1975 Topps Mini Wax Box #2
1 - jwgators (paid 11:10PM EDT 11/2)
2 - OAKESY25 (paid 2:30PM EST 11/6)
3 - OAKESY25 (paid 2:30PM EST 11/6)
4 - Mdube16 (paid 10:30PM EDT 11/1)
5 - Mdube16 (paid 10:30PM EDT 11/1)
6 - tmgrnzx9r (paid 10:30PM EDT 11/1)
7 - tmgrnzx9r (paid 10:30PM EDT 11/1)
8 - Toro
9 - Toro
10 - initialD (paid 2:30PM EST 11/6)
11 - initialD (paid 2:30PM EST 11/6)
12 - Kep13 (paid 11:10PM EDT 11/2)
13 - Kep13 (paid 11:10PM EDT 11/2)
14 - ArchStanton (paid 1:25AM EDT 11/4)
15 - ArchStanton (paid 1:25AM EDT 11/4)
16 - stangrider (paid 10:30PM EDT 11/1)
17 - stangrider (paid 10:30PM EDT 11/1)
18 - Mdube16 (paid 10:30PM EDT 11/1)
19 - Mdube16 (paid 10:30PM EDT 11/1)
20 - kgibson (paid 1:25AM EDT 11/4)
21 - kgibson (paid 1:25AM EDT 11/4)
22 - OAKESY25 (paid 2:30PM EST 11/6)
23 - OAKESY25 (paid 2:30PM EST 11/6)
24 - Kep13 (paid 11:10PM EDT 11/2)
25 - Kep13 (paid 11:10PM EDT 11/2)
26 - grote15 (paid 2:30PM EST 11/6)
27 - grote15 (paid 2:30PM EST 11/6)
28 - MrG (paid 3:15PM EDT 11/4)
29 - MrG (paid 3:15PM EDT 11/4)
30 - Toro
31 - Toro
32 - SlugSports (paid 10:30PM EDT 11/1)
33 - SlugSports (paid 10:30PM EDT 11/1)
34 - leadoff4
35 - OAKESY25 (paid 2:30PM EST 11/6)
36 - OAKESY25 (paid 2:30PM EST 11/6)

Dave

Comments

• Options
    scmavlscmavl Posts: 1,400 ✭✭✭
    This is awesome! I'll take two please.
    2.5 is pretty much my speed.
  • Options
    scmavlscmavl Posts: 1,400 ✭✭✭
    Also, will you hold two for Miconelegacy? If he doesn't show back up on the forum before payment is due, I'll pay for them and you can send them to him (I'm sure someone has his address).
    2.5 is pretty much my speed.
  • Options
    I'll take one.
  • Options
    I'll take 2, thanks.
  • Options
    MattyCMattyC Posts: 1,335 ✭✭
  • Options
    2 please.
  • Options
  • Options
    SethroSethro Posts: 671 ✭✭
    Put me down for one. Thank you!
    Positive transactions: Bighurt2000 - DavidPuddy - ShootyBabitt - Bosox1976 - LarryP - Captainthreeputt - Tedw9 - aconte -EAsports -Johnsteph10 -hhmag70 - depcs - TheThrill22 - scotgreb - longtimemetsfan - cadets68 - augustaman - mcholke - miconelegacy
  • Options
    New guy here. My first RIP! I'll take 2! WooHoo!!

Brian
    I have no collecting direction. I just buy stuff!
  • Options
    cpamikecpamike Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭
    image to the boards Brian!!!

Good luck on your first board rip.
    "The woods are lovely, dark and deep.
    But I have promises to keep,
    And miles to go before I sleep,
    And miles to go before I sleep."

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

Collecting:
    Any unopened Baseball cello and rack packs and boxes from the 1970's and early 1980s.
  • Options

A member who's been here less than a month is running a group rip for 75 minis???
  • Options
    70ToppsFanatic70ToppsFanatic Posts: 2,104 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>A member who's been here less than a month is running a group rip for 75 minis??? >>

A reasonable concern.

HOWEVER,

1) I am well known to many of the major auction houses. Feel free to call any of them for a reference.
    2) I have been an ebay member since 1997 with no feedback problem (dave5316yw4 if you want to check)
    3) I was running internet sportscard auctions in the pre-ebay days and am reasonably known by around 500 people who would bid with me

You can find my phone number and address inthe Columbus, Ohio phone book but just in case you don't have one or dont know how to use
    whitepages.com they are 614-939-0162 and 860 Bryn Mawr Drive, Gahanna, OH, 43230

And lastly, I value my reputation a bit too strongly to jeopardize it in this thread.

Hopefully I've vetted myself sufficiently with that, but if not feel free to email me at dave531@aol.com and ask anything you wish.

Regards

Dave

Dave
  • Options
    jeffcbayjeffcbay Posts: 8,948 ✭✭✭✭
    I trust him. I live two hours away (near Canton, Ohio). If it would make anyone feel better, I would be willing to drive down there during the box unwrapping and packaging. (up to Dave, obviously) It would have to be a Saturday or Sunday, but I would be more than willing to make the trip and help package the packs.

cpamike, don't worry, I would be leaving my vendetta against wax at home! image
  • Options
    nendeenendee Posts: 550 ✭✭✭
    I'll take 2
    Cubs and Purdue Fan - Ouch!

My collecting blog: http://ctcard.wordpress.com
  • Options
    I will take 2 please.

Bob
    Not an alt, just a lurker

Looking for Bob Uecker cards

My Ebay Auctions
  • Options

<< <i>I trust him. >>

+1
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>I trust him. >>

+1 >>

I didn't realize he actually knew members here.

My concern wasn't really that though, Gary also knew many members here. It was just a concern.

Good luck guys.
  • Options
    I have spoken with Dave on the phone for about 30 min. and am awaiting a much larger purchase than a $40 pack of '75 minis. I have no reason to doubt him. My cards should arrive from him this week. I will update this thread if need be.
  • Options
    08HALA2008HALA20 Posts: 3,066 ✭✭✭
    Love those minis.

I will take two. (packs that is image )

Thanks for the opportunity.

Joe
  • Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,522 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Put me down for 2, Dave. Thanks!

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    ldfergldferg Posts: 6,739 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Put me down for 2, Dave. Thanks! >>

Ditto - 2 for me.

Thanks,

David (LD_Ferg)

1985 Topps Football (starting in psa 8) - #9 - started 05/21/06
  • Options
    detroitfan2detroitfan2 Posts: 3,314 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>I trust him. >>

+1 >>

My concern wasn't really that though, Gary also knew many members here. It was just a concern.

Good luck guys. >>

I have to admit, as one that was burned by Gary, I had the same concern. To be honest, nightcrawler asked what I was afraid to. Instead of being defensive, Dave answered appropriately and gave tons of info. I checked his ebay id to see how many 75 mini wrappers he has purchased recently, and he came up clean image.

He did buy this little bad boy though, from back when baseball players knew how to wear their socks:

• Options
    MacrosBMacrosB Posts: 524 ✭✭✭
    Ok, put me down for 2 also.

Jim
    Looking for 66 and 69 OPC baseball
    60's OPC packs
    72 BB, 60's FB, 71FB, 73FB, 74FB, 75FB, 76FB, 78FB Rack Packs
    72 and earlier BB cello
  • Options

<< <i>I trust him. I live two hours away (near Canton, Ohio). If it would make anyone feel better, I would be willing to drive down there during the box unwrapping and packaging. (up to Dave, obviously) It would have to be a Saturday or Sunday, but I would be more than willing to make the trip and help package the packs.

cpamike, don't worry, I would be leaving my vendetta against wax at home! image >>

Jeff,

You are welcome, but it would delay the shipping by a few days. I'm happy to do it any way that the group feels most comfortable.

Dave

Dave
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>I trust him. >>

+1 >>

Good luck guys. >>

I have to admit, as one that was burned by Gary, I had the same concern. To be honest, nightcrawler asked what I was afraid to. Instead of being defensive, Dave answered appropriately and gave tons of info. I checked his ebay id to see how many 75 mini wrappers he has purchased recently, and he came up clean image.

He did buy this little bad boy though, from back when baseball players knew how to wear their socks:

image >>

And I am look forward to seeing Mr. Robinson arrive any day now (USPS registered is a bit slow, but it is most definitely secure).
    When it arrives I'll have a PSA 8 copy available if anyone needs one.

Dave
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>I trust him. >>

+1 >>

Good luck guys. >>

As I pointed out in my response to your original post, you expressed an appropriate concern. I took it
    that way, and provided some additional details and background info that should address such concerns.
    I am open to ANY reasonable additional inquiries (should there be any).

The whole idea of this rip was to give a bunch of people (possibly including myself) an opportunity to enjoy some
    1970s material since so many of us missed out on the new items Steve put up on the BBCE website last night.

In fact, if there is no objection by anyone on the thread I'd put myself down for 2 packs. However, if even
    1 person feels that this would be a conflict of interest I will gladly refrain from doing so. One's integrity
    is something that should not be compromised.

BTW, here's a few more tidbits of my background info for you:

1) My father (still alive) was the team doctor for the Dodgers during their last years in Brooklyn and their
    first years in LA. I grew up (in New York) around many of the Boys of Summer. Have I got some stories
    to tell (as well as some memorabillia from those years).

2) I've been married for 20 years next month and have 3 kids:

- 18 year old son who is now a freshman at Ohio State University this fall who is 6'1", 220 pounds and is a catcher
    (and he's good enough that he may try to walk-on in the spring if he feels it won't interfere with his studies...his choice)

- Nearly 16 year old daughter who aspires to be the first female head of medicine for the New York Giants (football).
    She has a bit of an inside track as her grandfather is close with Russ Warren, and her great Uncle was a scout for the
    team from the 1930s into the 1950s and used to babysit for Wellington Mara (former owner).

- Nearly 14 year old daughter (5'1", 120 pounds) who plays bantam level hockey primarily with much larger boys, who is
    known by her teammates as "the enforcer" because she will put the body on ANYONE with no reservations when going for
    the puck. Even I pick my battles with this one!!!!

3) My wife has 1 additional child who is 48 years old, was born and raised in Brooklyn, New York and he still must think he's
    a kid because he is a fanatic about baseball cards (especially 1970s) and he he still plays baseball and softball (shortstop)
    despite the fact that he is well beyond his prime and he should know better (in fact, I tore an extensor tendon in a finger
    playing in a game back in April and I am now permanently known as "the claw" because my finger wont fully straighten and
    they cant do anything about it without risking more damage than benefit)

Bottom line, it's a pleasure to finally be here after lurking for several years.

Dave
  • Options

<< <i>I trust him. I live two hours away (near Canton, Ohio). If it would make anyone feel better, I would be willing to drive down there during the box unwrapping and packaging. (up to Dave, obviously) It would have to be a Saturday or Sunday, but I would be more than willing to make the trip and help package the packs.

cpamike, don't worry, I would be leaving my vendetta against wax at home! image >>

Dave, if Jeff does come over please do not give him the scissors when packaging these up. He may have good intentions, but the power of the rip is strong with him. image

Collecting:
    Any unopened Baseball cello and rack packs and boxes from the 1970's and early 1980s.
  • Options

<< <i>

Dave, if Jeff does come over please do not give him the scissors when packaging these up. He may have good intentions, but the power of the rip is strong with him. image >>

Mike,

Not even "kiddie" scissors with the rounded edges????? ;-)

Seriously I would love to have company when the box(es) get broken. Perhaps we can even video it or do it as a skype web video or something.

Cheers

Dave

Dave
  • Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,522 ✭✭✭✭✭
    2 please, thanks..

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options

<< <i>Seriously I would love to have company when the box(es) get broken. Perhaps we can even video it or do it as a skype web video or something. >>

That would be image. Just don't let Jeff anywhere near your computer. image

Collecting:
  • Options
    MrGMrG Posts: 620 ✭✭✭
    2 for me please.
    Michael Gaytan (MrG)
    TGF Collection
    TGF Sports
  • Options
    jeffcbayjeffcbay Posts: 8,948 ✭✭✭✭
    My reputation precedes me! image

Dave, you're right about it delaying the shipping process if I could only come on the weekend. I wouldn't want that to happen either. I really don't think anyone has any serious doubts about who you are, and I don't think it's necessary for anyone to babysit. Maybe someone else would be willing to step up and help the packaging part if they live closer to Cbus! image
  • Options
    I'll take one
    Haiku’s are easy
    But sometimes don’t make sense
    Refrigerator
  • Options
    I will take 2.
  • Options

<< <i>My reputation precedes me! image

Dave, you're right about it delaying the shipping process if I could only come on the weekend. I wouldn't want that to happen either. I really don't think anyone has any serious doubts about who you are, and I don't think it's necessary for anyone to babysit. Maybe someone else would be willing to step up and help the packaging part if they live closer to Cbus! image >>

True, but it would be fun to have a fellow afficionado to share it with. Whatever the group prefers is fine by me.

Dave
  • Options
    fergie23fergie23 Posts: 2,088 ✭✭✭✭
    2 packs

Robb
  • Options
    mdkuommdkuom Posts: 969 ✭✭✭
    I'll take two packs
  • Options
    I will take 2 packs as well. Thanks.
    Joel
  • Options
    OAKESY25OAKESY25 Posts: 4,726 ✭✭✭
    i'll do 2 as well..

hopefully my luck will change with these 75's
  • Options
    Mdube16Mdube16 Posts: 744 ✭✭
    Ill take 2. Thanks for doing this!
  • Options
    tmgrnzx9rtmgrnzx9r Posts: 546 ✭✭✭
    First post= 2 packs please!!!!!
  • Options
    Alright, I give in, give me two for now. Thank you.

Edited to add: Welcome to the boards, person above me!
  • Options
    initialDinitialD Posts: 1,624 ✭✭✭
    I'll take 2 packs
    Thanks
  • Options
    Kep13Kep13 Posts: 515 ✭✭✭
    I'm in for a pair also...
  • Options
    Mickey71Mickey71 Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭✭
    I'm out. My packs are available. Sorry if this is a problem.

Mickey71
  • Options
    ArchStantonArchStanton Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭
    I'm in for 2
    Collector of 1976 Topps baseball for some stupid reason.
    Collector of Pittsburgh Pirates cards for a slightly less stupid reason.
    My Pirates Collection
  • Options
    I'll take 2 more, thanks.
  • Options
    Mdube16Mdube16 Posts: 744 ✭✭
    and since we are past the time, add 2 for a total of 4 for me.
  • Options
    kgibsonkgibson Posts: 264 ✭✭✭
    I will take 2.

Kevin
    "You know we just don't recognize the most significant moments of our lives while they're happening. Back then I thought, well, there'll be other days. I didn't realize that that was the only day."
  • Options
    OAKESY25OAKESY25 Posts: 4,726 ✭✭✭
    2 MORE IF ANY ARE LEFT