Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

1975 TOPPS MINI WAX BOX GROUP RIP: 11/9 5:00PM EST UPDATE - All Paid Packs Now Shipped

Comments

• Options
    OAKESY25OAKESY25 Posts: 4,726 ✭✭✭
    MY packs were awesome and well centered overall
    pulled a Rose, Carew, aaron highlight, Schmidt (badly oc)
    will be subbing roughly 20 out of 6 packs..
    I will scan in a bit.. the scanner I have here is a bit crappy though
  • Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,538 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Some razor sharp cards there, stangrider! I may rip these instead of sending them in to PSA for holdering!

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    Oakesy, can't wait to see that Rose and Aaron RB cards!

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    SethroSethro Posts: 671 ✭✭
    Received mine today. Beautifully and securely packaged and the pack itself looks great. Thank you, Dave!!

What a cool little pack of cards! I never had one of these before and am resisting the temptation to open it. I can definitely see the appeal of these minis, even without opening. Now wish I had picked up two. Rip one save the other. Maybe next time!
    Positive transactions: Bighurt2000 - DavidPuddy - ShootyBabitt - Bosox1976 - LarryP - Captainthreeputt - Tedw9 - aconte -EAsports -Johnsteph10 -hhmag70 - depcs - TheThrill22 - scotgreb - longtimemetsfan - cadets68 - augustaman - mcholke - miconelegacy
  • Options
  • Options
    ldfergldferg Posts: 6,739 ✭✭✭
    Nice cards oakesy. Isn't that claudell toughie? Looks like you have a nice one.

Thanks,

David (LD_Ferg)

1985 Topps Football (starting in psa 8) - #9 - started 05/21/06
  • Options
    That CW is an absolute beast to find mint. Any snow in background? Is the white spot a print defect?

Carew is also super tough too and that one looks sharp!

Too bad Aaron's not centered a bit higher.

Nice cards!

• Options
    the white on the CW is a print dot yes..
    and there is some snow but not very bad at all
  • Options
    got my 2 packs today... no star power but some very nice mint cards for sure, all will work into my set nicely!
  • Options
    daddymcdaddymc Posts: 3,080 ✭✭✭
    That's a VERY nice Carew you pulled. Congrats!
    Currently working on: Kurt Warner PSA 9 or 10

• Options
    Agree with Don...that Carew has a great shot at Mint 9 and would be a big money card in that grade.

Received my packs also today and just wanted to say that I was very pleased and impressed with the outstanding packaging job by Dave. The condition of the packs was as good as any I've ever gotten.

Dave, I'm hoping you will decide to do another break for the other boxes you had on hand...if you do, I'm sure the slots would fill up in no time!

• Options
    mdkuommdkuom Posts: 969 ✭✭✭
    I agree with Tim. I received my two packs today and they look fantastic. I would definitely buy more packs if they were offered up.
  • Options
    Ripped my 4 packs. Was my first vintage group rip and was a LOT of fun. First pack had the Rice and Reggie. Rice has a left corner issue. What are the super tough low pop cards to look for. I did this for kicks and loved it. Pictured are the bigger names and sharpest at frist glance.

• Options
    wonderful looking cards fellas!
    Big Fan of: HOF Post War RC, Graded RCs
    WTB: PSA 1 - PSA 3 Centered, High Eye Appeal 1950's Mantle
  • Options
    Not just because it's me, but Grote is one of the lower pop cards in the mini set, LOL..

The most famously tough cards to find in Mint 9 off the top of my head are:

Blyleven, Caludell Washington, Singleton, Tanana, Terry Hughes, Tommy Davis, NL CHampionship #460, Rader, Giusti, Wise, Zisk, Randle and Taveras.

• Options

Sweet pulls guys, very nice.
  • Options
    Nice looking Reggie.

Thanks,

David (LD_Ferg)

• Options
    DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭

<< <i>Agree with Don...that Carew has a great shot at Mint 9 and would be a big money card in that grade. >>

$200.00 if it does.
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • Options
    < Agree with Don...that Carew has a great shot at Mint 9 and would be a big money card in that grade. >>

$200.00 if it does.

Doug, is that VCP average? I'm surprised it's not at least 50% higher than that, as a low pop 10 card of a HOFer I'd expect to realize more if it were for sale.

• Options
    ArchStantonArchStanton Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭
    I ripped both of my packs. About half of the cards were very well centered. I was pretty excited to pull a sharp Dock Ellis. Here are the best of the rest.

imageimage
    imageimage
    imageimage
    imageimage

Collector of 1976 Topps baseball for some stupid reason.
    Collector of Pittsburgh Pirates cards for a slightly less stupid reason.
    My Pirates Collection
  • Options
    Sharp looking Ryan! Congrats!

• Options
    MattyCMattyC Posts: 1,335 ✭✭
    A Carew in 9 will command at least $350. Very rarely come up for sale. I sold one for a grand a couple years ago to a fellow Registry collector.

If that Claudell Washington lands in a 9 holder it is a huge card. PM me if it grades out and I'll make a super strong offer.

That Ryan is nice. A solid 9 hasn't been up for sale in a while.
  • Options
    Outstanding Ryan!

• Options
    jeffcbayjeffcbay Posts: 8,948 ✭✭✭✭
    HOLY NOLAN, BATMAN!!! Wow...
  • Options
    08HALA2008HALA20 Posts: 3,066 ✭✭✭
    Very nice packs!!!

Can't wait to get mine.

Hopefully Monday.

Joe
  • Options
    Niceeeee Ryan! excellent centering on that one, congrads!
  • Options
    that Ryan is incredible!
    Big Fan of: HOF Post War RC, Graded RCs
    WTB: PSA 1 - PSA 3 Centered, High Eye Appeal 1950's Mantle
  • Options
    70ToppsFanatic70ToppsFanatic Posts: 2,104 ✭✭✭✭
    GREAT TO SEE SOME REALLY NICE CARDS COME FROM THESE BOXES, and even better that people got
    a chance to enjoy opening some 70s material.

Some of my favorites from the scans were the RYan and the reasonably centered and "less-tilted" Schmidt (that is also
    a toughie in both the regular issue and the mini).

I have it on reasonably good info that there will be a 1975 mini wax case coming up for auction in early January. Is there any interest
    here in going after that together?

Dave
  • Options
    ArchStantonArchStanton Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭
    Here is the back of the Ryan. It is still a pretty sharp card. I may have to renew my PSA membership.

Collector of 1976 Topps baseball for some stupid reason.
    Collector of Pittsburgh Pirates cards for a slightly less stupid reason.
    My Pirates Collection
  • Options
    Mdube16Mdube16 Posts: 744 ✭✭
    Does the hint of yellow on the top of my schmidt make it MC?
  • Options
    Some very nice cards: Carew, Ryan, Washington, etc.... Can't wait to see some grades from this rip.

Thanks,

David (LD_Ferg)

• Options
    MattyCMattyC Posts: 1,335 ✭✭
    A Schmidt with the yellow strip (or any other card of that colorway) can often still get graded without a qualifier. Depends on the overall eye appeal I suppose.

Please GRADE THAT RYAN. If it lands in a 9 holder, I got a g on it!
  • Options
    received my packs today. no star power in either pack but centering was nice in one of the two packs.

thanks for making this happen.

Thanks,

David (LD_Ferg)

• Options
    tmgrnzx9rtmgrnzx9r Posts: 546 ✭✭✭
    First off I would like to say thank you to Dave for offering us up packs to bust and or keep. Like previously stated the packs were clean and for me at least I had no gum stuck to the cards. The packaging was also very well put together to make sure no damage would happen. Most of my cards had pretty good centering except for a slight few.
    So I decided to bust my 2 packs and here are the results.......

• Options
    Nice Yount!!
  • Options
    70ToppsFanatic70ToppsFanatic Posts: 2,104 ✭✭✭✭
    Nice pulls!

Yount is nice, but from the bottom am I correct in assuming he was against the wax wrapper?

The Ryan HL is also a very nice one.

Dave
  • Options
    I finally ripped my packs today ( 3 kids, soccer games all weekend and a 60 hour a week job make doing anything involving "me" time difficult)!!!! Cards were nicely centered! I'll post a few pics later if I get some time! Thanks for doing this Dave!!! image
    I have no collecting direction. I just buy stuff!
  • Options

<< <i>Nice pulls!

Yount is nice, but from the bottom am I correct in assuming he was against the wax wrapper?

The Ryan HL is also a very nice one. >>

Thanks Dave!!!
    Your assumption is wrong. The Yount was towards the middle of the pack. If I remember correct there were 2 cards facing in and then the rest on the other side were facing in, if that makes sense. The 2 cards against the wax and gum were both the back side of the card. I beleive this to be the case in both packs.
  • Options
    The bottom half of the Yount card is notorious for snow and print defects. Most of them are also centered low like that one, though I think you have a shot at a straight 7.

• Options
    thunderdanthunderdan Posts: 3,036 ✭✭✭
    Love that Reggie Jackson and Nolan Ryan. Those look like they have a shot at a 9.

Planning on submitting that Tommy John pube along with his card? image

• Options

<< <i>Love that Reggie Jackson and Nolan Ryan. Those look like they have a shot at a 9.

Planning on submitting that Tommy John pube along with his card? image >>

I think that may be a A&G DNA card...not sure whos
  • Options
    DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭
    Edited because I wrote info about the REGULAR '75. SORRY!
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • Options

<< <i>The bottom half of the Yount card is notorious for snow and print defects. Most of them are also centered low like that one, though I think you have a shot at a straight 7. >>

In your opinion or anyone elses opinion, is it worth grading if it comes back a 7???
  • Options
    Worth grading for a 7 definitely. You can sub it for 5 bucks and make a few extra bucks vs selling it raw.

• Options
    I just received my packs today, darn Post Office.

I went in today to mail a package and they said "Hey Joe, we got a package for you, notice was left in wrong box."image
    It would have been nice if they put it in the right box so I would know they were there.

Here are the scans of pack #1
    I have to say these are the best Minis I have ever opened. Very sharp corners and color and centering.
    The worse in this pack is often the best in other packs I have opened.

I will do pack 2 in a little while.

Joe

• Options
    Wrong thread..image

• Options
    Pack # 2

• Options
    Nice Fisk!

• Options

<< <i>Nice Fisk! >>

Thanks, A couple fisheyes but looks nice in hand.

Joe