Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

WOW Craigslist find....

Comments

• Options
    otwcardsotwcards Posts: 5,291 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Since I am being open, here is my final PM to BBG

"You truly are scum, "we" "we" "we" "we" "we" "we" "we" "we" Holy s**t are you schizophrenic? "

I had directly asked you not to do something, and you did. You deserved the comment.

Do not forget to mention I made a purchase from you and left shining feedback as well as 5 stars, I never mentioned the lot wasn't even worth the shipping price and I lost money on it did I?

You did not seem to have a problem with that (And also forgot to mention it, or did you "forget") >>

This could be fun...

Let's see, you bought a lot and "left shining feedback," but now complain that "the lot wasn't even worth the shipping price" and that you "lost money on it." Well then why did you bid on it? Was it misrepresented? If so, then why did you leave "shining feedback?" Or are you just angry that it didn't yield a profit? Which is it?

I'm not a fan of Sean's or the "We's," but in this case, as with so many of Sean's threads and claims, something doesn't quite add up...

Sloppy purchasing habits accompanied by an overzealous, knee-jerk mentality to buying and broadcasting such purchases (as well as questionable sales or refunds) will tend to leave one holding the proverbial bag when all is said and done. Many here have come and gone. Some left with meticulous reputations and some that were rather soiled. It is never too late to work on rebuilding one's reputation, but that only comes from an openness and honest approach and a willingness to learn from others that may have more practical "field experience." But then again, what do they know...
  • Options
    I actually made sure to check on the feedback I left before making that statement.

I believe that if someone ships the lot and you receive it in a timely manner (which I did) you leave them feedback regardless of if it was what you were expecting or not.

BBG felt like making our conversations something they were not, I'll be happy to PM you our full (11 PM) conversation, it was not until the final message that I did not end something with thanks/good luck (if I passed).

Previous to the PM about the lot and me calling "it" schizophrenic. This is EVERY PM I sent before the said thread. After re-looking on them, I thought the "if not then I am not interested" MIGHT have been snippy, but I still make sure to be professional in my demeanor.

"We aren't going to be able to make a deal, good luck selling"
    "Most interested in price. "
    "To be honest I'm looking to resell, so if there is money to be made reselling give me more details, if not that I an not interested.

Thanks,
    Sean"

"Hey bubble, I don't do anything with grading if you are wondering why I sell anything mint.

Sean"

"Hey bubble, I don't do anything with grading if you are wondering why I sell anything mint.

Sean"
  • Options

<< <i>I actually made sure to check on the feedback I left before making that statement.

I believe that if someone ships the lot and you receive it in a timely manner (which I did) you leave them feedback regardless of if it was what you were expecting or not.

BBG felt like making our conversations something they were not, I'll be happy to PM you our full (11 PM) conversation, it was not until the final message that I did not end something with thanks/good luck (if I passed).

Previous to the PM about the lot and me calling "it" schizophrenic. This is EVERY PM I sent before the said thread. After re-looking on them, I thought the "if not then I am not interested" MIGHT have been snippy, but I still make sure to be professional in my demeanor.

"We aren't going to be able to make a deal, good luck selling"
    "Most interested in price. "
    "To be honest I'm looking to resell, so if there is money to be made reselling give me more details, if not that I an not interested.

Thanks,
    Sean"

Sean"

Sean" >>

I have no interest in the PM's and again, you fail to answer specific questions. You obviously enjoy being "vague!"
  • Options
    MBMiller25MBMiller25 Posts: 6,057 ✭✭

<< <i>Do not forget to mention I made a purchase from you and left shining feedback as well as 5 stars, I never mentioned the lot wasn't even worth the shipping price and I lost money on it did I? >>

What does this have to do with anything? You bought the lot! BBG didnt put a gun to you head and make you purchase it. The fact that in hindsight you make the comment that the lot was not even worth the shipping price, in my book shows just how ignorant you are.

If anyone would take 30 minutes and look at your previous posts, your as sketchy as a person gets. I dont trust you! I think your a liar and manipulate the truth to suite your needs and desires. Where your concerned, I do not believe in the old adage, that everyone is due a second chance, as you have had multiple already. You can't teach an old dog new tricks!

• Options

<< <i>

<< <i>Do not forget to mention I made a purchase from you and left shining feedback as well as 5 stars, I never mentioned the lot wasn't even worth the shipping price and I lost money on it did I? >>

What does this have to do with anything? You bought the lot! BBG didnt put a gun to you head and make you purchase it. The fact that in hindsight you make the comment that the lot was not even worth the shipping price, in my book shows just how ignorant you are.

If anyone would take 30 minutes and look at your previous posts, your as sketchy as a person gets. I dont trust you! I think your a liar and manipulate the truth to suite your needs and desires. Where your concerned, I do not believe in the old adage, that everyone is due a second chance, as you have had multiple already. You can't teach an old dog new tricks! >>

Yeah man I sure was being sketchy, admitting that I was embarrassed to post the truth is sketchy. But obviously I cleared that up because I was PM'd by several board members and figured it would be the best thing to do.

When a lot is described as "Ex through Mint", and the vintage in the lot (the only reason the lot is worth purchasing), are good-vg at best, the comment is well deserved.

I've bought and sold at least 35 transactions on these boards, and not a single one has had a problem, I'm just sure the members who I've sold to don't want to tie themselves with me (and that is fine I can't blame them) that I ship the item SAME or NEXT business day every time I am selling something and payment is received. I've sold lots ranging from $50-$2000 and met a couple members off the boards locally and have had nothing but positive things to say.

Feel free to THINK what you want, it is YOUR opinion, if YOU don't want to give me a second chance then don't.
  • Options
    Scott your question was answered in my response to MBMiller.
  • Options
    It dawned on me how important it is to accurately grade ones cards. I got lucky that I didn't get any neg's on ebay with what was sold and how it was described (in hindsight), but it was done to me and I didn't say anything until it was presented earlier.

If you think I am dodging a question (when you hide it at the end of a 7 line post) ask it again, I am not purposely ignoring questions I missed them until you posted what you did (and actually answered it in the response to MBMiller)

And to be honest I don't care what most of you think, you are all 1-2 generations from me and I'm sure our views on EVERYTHING will be different. There are still plenty of members who deal with me on the BST and have no problems.

I'm sorry it took me a while to own up to a bad purchase, but like I said I was embarrassed (and most of you already knew what happened before I said it)
  • Options
    Just don't dig so deep that you can't get out . . .

• Options

<< <i>There are still plenty of members who deal with me on the BST and have no problems. >>

You're buying their cards, so of course they are going to deal with you. This does nothing to establish a level of trust worthiness.

Take 5 minutes people and do a search on SEAN1125. Look for the post with the most responses and READ IT! You have a pattern of being dishonest! Crap pictures, calling EX-MT cards MINT, keyword spamming, linking your suspicious Jordan card to these thread in attempt to legitimize it. My all time favorite is blaming your overgraded RAW cards auctions on the person listing your items. You act like a poor starving college kid, yet in the next breath, you talk about having someone list your auctions for you, like your a 4SC big dog. You get one chance on these boards to be honorable. You have been nothing but since you walked onto these boards. Say what you want in an attempt to legitimize your behavior, but there is public record all over previous threads that show how dishonest you actually are!

• Options
    MeteoriteGuyMeteoriteGuy Posts: 7,140 ✭✭

<< <i>Just stopping by...don't have the energy to join the fracas, so I'm on the sidelines with Steve...image

sevendust >>

If I'm going to hang out on the sideline we need some type of snacks. Maybe those little hot dog things? At least one of those small igloo coolers with a couple drinks.
    Collecting PSA graded Steve Young, Marcus Allen, Bret Saberhagen and 1980s Topps Cards.
    Raw: Tony Gonzalez (low #'d cards, and especially 1/1's) and Steve Young.
  • Options
    Still on the sidelines but this is becoming a really fun read...
    Next MONTH? So he's saying that if he wins, the best-case scenario is that he'll be paying for it two weeks after the auction ends?

Forget blocking him; find out where he lives and go punch him in the nuts. --WalterSobchak 9/12/12

Looking for Al Hrabosky and any OPC Dave Campbells (the ESPN guy)
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>Just stopping by...don't have the energy to join the fracas, so I'm on the sidelines with Steve...image

sevendust >>

If I'm going to hang out on the sideline we need some type of snacks. Maybe those little hot dog things? At least one of those small igloo coolers with a couple drinks. >>

Bring the bagel dogs--or pretzel dogs. and we need popcorn girl soon...
    Next MONTH? So he's saying that if he wins, the best-case scenario is that he'll be paying for it two weeks after the auction ends?

Forget blocking him; find out where he lives and go punch him in the nuts. --WalterSobchak 9/12/12

• Options

<< <i>

<< <i>There are still plenty of members who deal with me on the BST and have no problems. >>

You're buying their cards, so of course they are going to deal with you. This does nothing to establish a level of trust worthiness.

Take 5 minutes people and do a search on SEAN1125. Look for the post with the most responses and READ IT! You have a pattern of being dishonest! Crap pictures, calling EX-MT cards MINT, keyword spamming, linking your suspicious Jordan card to these thread in attempt to legitimize it. My all time favorite is blaming your overgraded RAW cards auctions on the person listing your items. You act like a poor starving college kid, yet in the next breath, you talk about having someone list your auctions for you, like your a 4SC big dog. You get one chance on these boards to be honorable. You have been nothing but since you walked onto these boards. Say what you want in an attempt to legitimize your behavior, but there is public record all over previous threads that show how dishonest you actually are! >>

You can believe it or not, but going to school full time and working full time means I don't have an incredible amount of time to waste on ebay, someone was listing the cards for me but I let it go because there is no way to prove it and you obviously are not going to believe me. I was down to $300 and had to move back with my parents. No overhead means I can save money.

I'm not an expert with a camera (All I can do is take Macro photos and hope they come out right) or a scanner, and I can't go out and buy a new scanner because you don't think mine is suitable.

The Jordan actually wasn't mine, it was a friends, that is why I guaranteed it CASH back as I do with all my unauthenticated autos (I am pending a sale on a Jenkins/Sandberg/Banks/Williams ball, if it does not come back good I am buying it back +$20)
    I do not touch unauthenticated autographs unless they come in a collection I buy. All the dealers who I know in AZ can vouch for that.
  • Options
    RonBurgundyRonBurgundy Posts: 5,491 ✭✭✭
    Scott & Matt are spot on.

I can't believe people would even deal with the guy on the BST page. SMH.
    Ron Burgundy

Buying Vintage, all sports.
    Buying Woody Hayes, Les Horvath, Vic Janowicz, and Jesse Owens autographed items
  • Options
    Snacks? Did someone say snacks?

imageimage
    imageimage
  • Options

<< <i>You're buying their cards, so of course they are going to deal with you. This does nothing to establish a level of trust worthiness. >>

So you say selling a $2000 lot of cards where I get payment first shows that I am not trustworthy? I wish I remember who purchased that lot so I could have them post about the next day shipping at my expense.

• Options
    Scott:

Like I PM'd you earlier, I'm TRYING to get out, but you and everyone posting are making it pretty hard, I want to answer your direct questions but you refuse to seem to want to post them and would rather continue in the manner you are.
  • Options

<< <i>So you say selling a $2000 lot of cards where I get payment first shows that I am not trustworthy? I wish I remember who purchased that lot so I could have them post about the next day shipping at my expense. >>

Are you seriously this stupid? How do you do a $2000 deal and not remember who you made the deal with? Gotta love how you need to pump your BST thread with "purchase made and board members name". Everything you say is all about trying to bring some level of legitimicy to you, yet you don't realize that your mouth/words on these boards, SCREAMS CROOK! Everytime you open your mouth, you dig a bigger hole.

• Options
    Because it was months ago and I don't keep track of every transaction I do here.

In the process of going through every PM I've sent to find the person.
  • Options

<< <i>Scott:

Like I PM'd you earlier, I'm TRYING to get out, but you and everyone posting are making it pretty hard, I want to answer your direct questions but you refuse to seem to want to post them and would rather continue in the manner you are. >>

You haven't PM'd me and you can't PM me as I've had you blocked since March... Chalk up another in your long list of untruths...

I posed several direct questions. You've claimed to have answered them in posts to others. Regardless, I really don't care. You're too busy putting your finger in holes that you can't see that the dam is ready to break...

A simple word of advice . . . stop trying to win others over bragging about "purchases." Doing so has backfired on you at least twice already. Stick to buying and selling and leave the story telling to others that have done it before and do it better than you.

There are many here than can barely afford to rub two dimes together and others that could buy the balance of the board several times over. The common denominator is that we, for the most part, all have a passion for collecting, but most of us can't stand the smell of bullschtick when it is spread across the screen. Most here are accepted for who they are and what they contribute to the board and not for who they want others to believe they are. So stop trying so hard to be something else...
  • Options

<< <i>There are many here than can barely afford to rub two dimes together and others that could buy the balance of the board several times over. The common denominator is that we, for the most part, all have a passion for collecting, but most of us can't stand the smell of bullschtick when it is spread across the screen. Most here are accepted for who they are and what they contribute to the board and not for who they want others to believe they are. So stop trying so hard to be something else... >>

Bingo! image
  • Options
    Understood, and I have clicked the orange "lock" and sent you PM's quite a few times, it is fairly obvious why you haven't responded now.

I said something to the effect of answering any questions you have and providing what proof I can.
  • Options
    samspopsamspop Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>So you say selling a $2000 lot of cards where I get payment first shows that I am not trustworthy? I wish I remember who purchased that lot so I could have them post about the next day shipping at my expense. >>

Are you seriously this stupid? How do you do a $2000 deal and not remember who you made the deal with? Gotta love how you need to pump your BST thread with "purchase made and board members name". Everything you say is all about trying to bring some level of legitimicy to you, yet you don't realize that your mouth/words on these boards, SCREAMS CROOK! Everytime you open your mouth, you dig a bigger hole. >>

Hi Matt!!
  • Options
    The $2000 lot was sold to Vintagechris on March 22nd/23rd.
  • Options

<< <i>Hi Matt!! >>

Hi Mike! Play some golf?
  • Options
    samspopsamspop Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Hi Matt!! >>

Hi Mike! Play some golf? >>

We need to, definitely! I have played once in the last month. It's still hot, but we need to get together and play.
  • Options
    I'm just getting around to reading this thread. I did purchase a $2000 lot from Sean. He paid the shipping and sent it by Express Mail the same day I paid. The lot was exactly as he described it. I would deal with him again. I might add also, the lot was worth more than the $2k I paid. He gave me a good deal on it IMO.
  • Options
    1980scollector1980scollector Posts: 2,036 ✭✭✭
    Pretty lucky for Sean that vintage Chris popped up so fast to vouch for him.
    ** Working on the following sets-2013 Spectra Football Hall of Fame 50th Anniversary Autograph set, 2015 Spectra Football Illustrious Legends Autograph set, 2014-15 Hall of Fame Heroes autograph set. **
  • Options

<< <i>Pretty lucky for Sean that vintage Chris popped up so fast to vouch for him. >>

I'm not sure if you are insinuating that we didn't do a deal. I don't post much on here but usually read it at least a four or five times a week. I have seen some say that there are threads that show Sean is dishonest, I don't know about others dealings with him, I do know our deal went smooth. To be honest, I was a little nervous about the deal but he shipped the same day and sent me the tracking # by email. I was pleasantly surprised that he shipped it Express Mail.
  • Options
    I haven't read the older posts involving Sean, but it seems like there's nothing dishonest about the current thread. Why would someone make up a story about a $3000 purchase on Craigslist?
  • Options
    MULLINS5MULLINS5 Posts: 4,517 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>

Take 5 minutes people and do a search on SEAN1125. Look for the post with the most responses and READ IT! You have a pattern of being dishonest! Crap pictures, calling EX-MT cards MINT, keyword spamming, linking your suspicious Jordan card to these thread in attempt to legitimize it. My all time favorite is blaming your overgraded RAW cards auctions on the person listing your items. You act like a poor starving college kid, yet in the next breath, you talk about having someone list your auctions for you, like your a 4SC big dog. You get one chance on these boards to be honorable. You have been nothing but since you walked onto these boards. Say what you want in an attempt to legitimize your behavior, but there is public record all over previous threads that show how dishonest you actually are! >>

You can believe it or not, but going to school full time and working full time means I don't have an incredible amount of time to waste on ebay, someone was listing the cards for me but I let it go because there is no way to prove it and you obviously are not going to believe me. I was down to $300 and had to move back with my parents. No overhead means I can save money.

I'm not an expert with a camera (All I can do is take Macro photos and hope they come out right) or a scanner, and I can't go out and buy a new scanner because you don't think mine is suitable.

The Jordan actually wasn't mine, it was a friends, that is why I guaranteed it CASH back as I do with all my unauthenticated autos (I am pending a sale on a Jenkins/Sandberg/Banks/Williams ball, if it does not come back good I am buying it back +$20)
    I do not touch unauthenticated autographs unless they come in a collection I buy. All the dealers who I know in AZ can vouch for that. >>

I've been a full-time student for about five years now and have had to move back home a few times here and there...it's super hard to juggle collecting and school mainly because of money and time.

So, yeah, that's why I sold/gave away everything and threw away what I couldn't sell. The way I've come to see it, if someone's in school and has to live at home they pretty much have no business spending money on cards, IMO.

I love to look through the cards online that I used to collect and hope to do it again someday, but for now it has to be completely put on hold.
  • Options
    yankeeno7yankeeno7 Posts: 9,243 ✭✭✭
    Does this make no sense to anyone else?

Not much money, no time to be on ebay....ok, so saving a little money living with the parents, you have $3000 to spend a lot and also looking to buy on the PSA BST boards? And then plenty of time to go through all the annoying Craigslist ads and going to meet people with their collections? Then it takes time to post on here and also takes time to find buyers, sell the stuff, and if you sell online, all the time it takes to package and take to the post office. All those things may not take much time but collectively, its quite time consuming.

I have no problem with someone doing these things. It's a great way to make some extra cash if you have the time. But why is it that it doesnt add up? I mean, it NEVER adds up.

All I know that if it were me, I wouldnt be explaining cuz like others have said, that hole is getting mighty deep....and probably already too deep. Id just be quietly be doing my thing and not showing off. Just put stuff up for sale when it becomes available and keep my buying thread going. But hey, thats just if it were me.

Actually, there really isnt anything wrong with showing off purchases even. It's how you go about it. If you cant figure out how, you shouldnt do it.
  • Options
    stownstown Posts: 11,321 ✭✭✭
    So basically my kid won't be able to go to college, but at least I'll have a set where the three most expensive cards are of a player I despise ~ CDsNuts
  • Options
    GarabaldiGarabaldi Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭
    Sean, I tried to reread this thread to see if I was stupid or missing something. You could give an aspirin a headache! You might be better off, just not starting threads anymore.
  • Options
    Afternoon,

Wow another 1/2 hour of my life I'll never get back !!! And another sean125 trainwreck..................Imagine that !!!

Take the Very Good Advice you are being given by many here and just drop it, every time you answer this thead the hole just keeps getting Deeper !!

Gravedigger...Gravedigger !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dave Matthews !!!!!!!

YeeHahimage

Neilimage
    Actually Collect Non Sport, but am just so full of myself I post all over the place !!!!!!!
  • Options
    zep33zep33 Posts: 6,897 ✭✭✭
    I created a new user on Facebook called John Silvercorn. I'm actually the only on there with that name. And there are none on google or whitepages.com

How's that? pretty cool huh?

• Options

<< <i>I created a new user on Facebook called John Silvercorn. I'm actually the only on there with that name. And there are none on google or whitepages.com

How's that? pretty cool huh? >>

There's an artist that goes by the name silvercorn. Me thinks your facebook existence is short lived...should've gone with brass or copper something.

• Options
    Coppercorn?
  • Options
    peanuts & corn
  • Options
    corn poopies
  • Options
    Downtown1974Downtown1974 Posts: 6,760 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    GarabaldiGarabaldi Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭
    Goonies
  • Options
    Scoreboard Malfunction
  • Options
    TNP777TNP777 Posts: 5,711 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Goonies >>

filmed in the little town in Oregon I lived in.

John Silvercorn? He must die. Or was that John Barleycorn?
  • Options
    Trying to figure out who looks worse here

1) The OP for feeling he must reply to snide remarks

or

2) OTWcards for feeling that it is his duty to 'correct' the situation

I'm going with #2, Scott if you hate his threads so much, don't read them. Problem solved
    Scoreboard Malfunction
  • Options

<< <i>Trying to figure out who looks worse here

1) The OP for feeling he must reply to snide remarks

or

2) OTWcards for feeling that it is his duty to 'correct' the situation

I'm going with #2, Scott if you hate his threads so much, don't read them. Problem solved >>

Lodi: 42 posts and at least 3 of them were to take pot shots at me in assorted threads. I feel so special...
  • Options
    43 now

Leave the fellow alone.
    Scoreboard Malfunction
  • Options

<< <i>43 now

Leave the fellow alone. >>

What's your PayPal addy? I'd like to send you a few dollars so that you can buy a clue...
  • Options