Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

WOW Craigslist find....

some BLAZING 1971's as well as MANY AMAZING AMAZING cards plenty of nrmt stars from the 70s I didn't even see before I purchased it, I am completely stoked on this purchase. There are over 100 Griffey Jr, 100 Canseco, 100 Mcgwire, and 100 bonds rookie, with plenty graded 8-9, many (RCs) Clemens/Gwynn/Boggs/Sandberg

95%+ Complete sets of 61, 68 (Missing 2 commons), 69, 71, and a complete 74

Here are some scans (This is very very very few of the cards)... I'm sure you can tell from pricing when the guy was a dealer or bought.

If you think anything is trimmed or altered feel free to let me know.

Anyone who is good with a camera feel free to shoot me a PM and let me know why my Macro mode doesn't seem to actually take clear photographs.

Comments

• Options
    Dpeck100Dpeck100 Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looks good! No way that dude has that many fake cards.

Good luck on the purchase price!
  • Options

<< <i>Looks good! No way that dude has that many fake cards.

Good luck on the purchase price! >>

There are over 500 graded PSA cards as well, I just stumbled upon a Bench RC 8 OC, 2 Mccoveys 6 and 7 OC, 71 Brock 7
  • Options
    If there are 500+ graded PSA cards is this guy hurting for cash or just wants to sell everything? I would think if he had that many graded cards he would have a good idea of what he had.

• Options
    Congrats!

But these pictures make my head hurt. image
    A SWING AND A DRIVE!

For Sale on eBay
  • Options

<< <i>If there are 500+ graded PSA cards is this guy hurting for cash or just wants to sell everything? I would think if he had that many graded cards he would have a good idea of what he had. >>

I think a combination of both, I asked about coins and he said he just sold his entire collection but a few and pulled out a few 1k$+ coins (each)
  • Options
    Great combination! Needs cash and wants out.

Good luck!!!
  • Options
    otwcardsotwcards Posts: 5,291 ✭✭✭
    Did it come in an empty box?
  • Options
    500 graded cards even at the base fee is $2,500...

Sounds like a great deal, what was the asking price?

Yes I'm asking you to kiss and tell.
    Miconelegacy Auctions
    "Live everyday, don't throw it away"
  • Options
    brendanb438brendanb438 Posts: 1,595 ✭✭✭
    What was the ballpark asking price? Cards possibly hot?
  • Options

<< <i>Did it come in an empty box? >>

Since I know we don't speak the same language, I am going to translate that as "Great buy"

Thanks Scott!

Edited to add

It was an older individual looking to get out of the hobby (and I sensed some money troubles by him saying he sold his coins off)

He has quite a bit of memorabilia that I did not get to purchase but he said he would let me take a look at.

Edited again to add

Many of the graded cards are Canseco, Mcgwire, Bonds, and Griffey, there is a chunk of about 250 that are Will Clark/ Bagwell/Maddux that are not worth the slab.

I have found several gems including a 84 Update Puckett BGS 8, 2 85 Mcgwires 8.5 (BGS) and 8, 2 85 Jennings GLavines 8 and 9
  • Options
    So....how much did it cost. Sounds like you might owe the guy some more money...

Edit: this was nice of me, and I apologize.
    Miconelegacy Auctions
  • Options
  • Options
    jeffcbayjeffcbay Posts: 8,948 ✭✭✭✭
    WOW indeed... I would love to get a ballpark price that you paid for this collection.
  • Options
    what a luck!
    Big Fan of: HOF Post War RC, Graded RCs
    WTB: PSA 1 - PSA 3 Centered, High Eye Appeal 1950's Mantle
  • Options
    itzagoneritzagoner Posts: 8,753 ✭✭
    stunning.
  • Options
    zep33zep33 Posts: 6,897 ✭✭✭

that's what I wish I was doing right now
  • Options

<< <i>So....how much did it cost. Sounds like you might owe the guy some more money... >>

Since he said he paid the asking price without going through most of the stuff it was an obvious steal.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>So....how much did it cost. Sounds like you might owe the guy some more money... >>

Since he said he paid the asking price without going through most of the stuff it was an obvious steal. >>

As I said, both parties walked away happy. It was paid in full in cash at the time of purchase and it was still several thousand dollars.
  • Options
    I am not a baseball collector any more but I might just check out Craigslist!!!

Cash is king and if someone needed out on a collection like this in Orlando I am buying!!!

• Options
    jeffcbayjeffcbay Posts: 8,948 ✭✭✭✭
    Like it or not there are real deals to be had on CL, and if you have the time to search, patience to dig through the 95% of which is BS, and the cash to drop on a well-timed find, then you could end up with something like this. Kudos!
  • Options
    cant wait to see what they grade at!
    Big Fan of: HOF Post War RC, Graded RCs
    WTB: PSA 1 - PSA 3 Centered, High Eye Appeal 1950's Mantle
  • Options
    All that matters is everyone walked away happy with the deal.
    Great cards thanks for sharing

Tiff
  • Options
    mknezmknez Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

that's what I wish I was doing right now >>

post of the week!

------
    stupid print dots

• Options
    I am glad to hear about a nice CL score!!! I am tired about hearing of the fake cards. Both parties win. One got cash and the other got a nice batch of cards.

The only way to make money with cards is either buy cheap or find nice stuff and get it graded.

Good luck!!
  • Options
    EagleEyeKidEagleEyeKid Posts: 4,496 ✭✭
    I see thin borders on the Jackson rookies and the 71 Aaron.
    I wonder why they're not slabbed image
  • Options
    itzagoneritzagoner Posts: 8,753 ✭✭
    don't go there yet.

this thread needs to last all week.
  • Options

<< <i>I see thin borders on the Jackson rookies and the 71 Aaron.
    I wonder why they're not slabbed image >>

I don't know how you can tell anything from these extremely poor photos.
    They were loose along with quite a few other cards, they are all sized correctly. The graded vintage is few and far between (And has no rhyme or reason to it), the graded are mostly the 80's rookies. I'm sure there will always been bad cards among good. It can't be helped

Edited for grammar issues.
    Also... Scanning now.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

Since he said he paid the asking price without going through most of the stuff it was an obvious steal. >>

As I said, both parties walked away happy. It was paid in full in cash at the time of purchase and it was still several thousand dollars. >>

Seems like you took my post as something negative. I could care less what you do good or not. If you did rip him off its your karma. If it was just a good deal then good for you. It seems you removed that info with all of your edits anyway so it is a dead issue.
  • Options

<< <i>Seems like you took my post as something negative. I could care less what you do good or not. If you did rip him off its your karma. If it was just a good deal then good for you. It seems you removed that info with all of your edits anyway so it is a dead issue. >>

I took Micone's post as negative, yours was just a response. I paid his asking price which was very fair for what I got (nowhere near ripping him off).

(Eagle eye)I am scanning most of the raw now, you can let me know what you think is trimmed from the scans.
  • Options
    I will apologize for being negative. That's not like me, the story just struck me wrong.

Several thousand... Sounds like everyone is happy, and I retract my posts.

Congrats on a great pickup!

Edited: for smart type, not so smart iPhone.
    Miconelegacy Auctions
  • Options
    thunderdanthunderdan Posts: 3,036 ✭✭✭

<< <i>don't go there yet.

this thread needs to last all week. >>

lmao.

• Options
    Any collector who has graded cards obviously knows what his stuff is worth. He probably didn't want to bother with listing and selling all the stuff on ebay and took a nice lump sum. Let us know how much profit you make on this, looks like it will be pretty good! Hopefully the ungraded cards aren't raw for a reason.

Pardon me while I begin scouring Craigslist... image
    A SWING AND A DRIVE!

For Sale on eBay
  • Options
    Sean, any good hookups on CL?

• Options

<< <i>Sean, any good hookups on CL? >>

Assuming you are not being sarcastic, I actually met my biggest out of state customer through craigslist.
  • Options

<< <i>

Since I know we don't speak the same language, I am going to translate that as "Great buy"

Thanks Scott!

>>

Not saying whether it is a great buy or not. Just wondering how much to believe since the last story you had about getting an empty box and a PayPal refund appeared to be fishy considering you had scanned the cards that you didn't get and posted them to your PhotoBucket account. Still haven't heard the explanation for that one.

I tried to post this in English and in a manner that should be easy to comprehend.

Regardless, I hope you do well, but your past stories make stories this a little hard to swallow.

A suggestion would be to pause, think out what you want to say and then type and post it. It is much easier than posting stream of consciousness and then having to go back and edit everything as it makes some wonder what was written and what has been changed...
  • Options

<< <i>

Assuming you are not being sarcastic, I actually met my biggest out of state customer through craigslist. >>

I wasn't talking about cards. Nevermind...

• Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

Assuming you are not being sarcastic, I actually met my biggest out of state customer through craigslist. >>

I wasn't talking about cards. Nevermind... >>

It's sad that I did have to actually post "Assuming you are not being sarcastic".
  • Options

<< <i>It's sad that I did have to actually post "Assuming you are not being sarcastic". >>

I'll take that as an "I'm too interested in cards to get laid."

• Options

<< <i>

<< <i>It's sad that I did have to actually post "Assuming you are not being sarcastic". >>

I'll take that as an "I'm too interested in cards to get laid." >>

I did think this forum's name was "Sports cards & memorabilia forum", not "ask a fellow collector about his sex life forum"

Scans are up on page one
  • Options

<< <i>Scans are up on page one >>

It's just that those scans are the anti-pun. I get cross-eyed and dizzy just looking at them.

• Options
    The problem Sean is exactly what Scott posted regarding that case you had before. Honesty is so important especially when we only type words and use pictures, smiles, perks and popcorn girl, trains, etc.

So because of that for me and it sounds hard to believe. That's why I asked how much. If some else with a great track record on here posted their newest CL find, I would never ask how much they paid. I would believe that it was a fair deal all around, the cards were real, I wouldn't question it in my mind or publicly.

That last story was never explained that I can remember, and sounded very sneaky/scammish.

Whether it's real or not, whether this transaction is even real, or if your just trying to dump cards, nobody knows. Because of that last story I had chosen not to respond to any of your posts. This one seemed like another sour story and got me a bit fired up. I was quick to respond. So sorry for that. Hopefully you can shed light on that last story, otherwise this one for me is just another sour story.
    Miconelegacy Auctions
  • Options
    TNP777TNP777 Posts: 5,711 ✭✭✭
    my gut reaction from the scans provided is that you might not have gotten your several thousand dollars' worth. Hope I'm wrong.
  • Options

<< <i>my gut reaction from the scans provided is that you might not have gotten your several thousand dollars' worth. Hope I'm wrong. >>

I pulled the bad photos of the sets and whatnot, I definitely got my several thousand's worth.

Edited to add:

I didn't bother scanning the several hundred graded Bonds/Mcgwire/Griffey rookies because I didn't think you want to look at a bunch of $2-$5 cards.

You can view the bad initial photos here Bucket
  • Options
    MBMiller25MBMiller25 Posts: 6,057 ✭✭
    With your history on this board, I am honestly surprised you even get a response to anything you post.
  • Options

<< <i>With your history on this board, I am honestly surprised you even get a response to anything you post. >>

I will post the same PM I sent to several people.

Pretty much with the previous one, when I said I rec'd an empty box, it was to get your guys off my back for a terrible terrible and unresearched purchase, which obvious it did not do (As Patrick pointed out on the thread the sellers buying history) I spoke with the guy on the phone over several days and he extremely misrepresented the collection to me and when I tried to get my money back paypal instantly denied the claim (instantly being under 6 hours, for what reason I'm not sure). I ended up losing about $2500 on the deal and did not want to deal with the negativity that came from this board. It was a rookie mistake that won't be made again.
  • Options
    Good step in the right direction.

I give you props because I know you didn't want to share that publicly.

Glad your being honest on that other story.

+1 today in my book.
    Miconelegacy Auctions
  • Options
    And here is few ads on Phoenix CL

Vintage Basketball Cards
    Baseball same guy
    Football same guy
    1971 (Overpriced) but on CL

I was going to post a link to the add I picked this up from but he removed it after I purchased it.
  • Options
    hammeredhammered Posts: 2,671 ✭✭✭
    If your only goal was to show us some exmt vintage and some 80s graded cards then you succeeded. If you want the board to congratulate you on a good deal, then you'll have to give a more specific dollar amount.
  • Options
    handymanhandyman Posts: 5,257 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good Job! Youre going to have fun breaking that lot up. Great find!!!!!
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>With your history on this board, I am honestly surprised you even get a response to anything you post. >>

I will post the same PM I sent to several people.

Pretty much with the previous one, when I said I rec'd an empty box, it was to get your guys off my back for a terrible terrible and unresearched purchase, which obvious it did not do (As Patrick pointed out on the thread the sellers buying history) I spoke with the guy on the phone over several days and he extremely misrepresented the collection to me and when I tried to get my money back paypal instantly denied the claim (instantly being under 6 hours, for what reason I'm not sure). I ended up losing about $2500 on the deal and did not want to deal with the negativity that came from this board. It was a rookie mistake that won't be made again. >>

Thanks for acknowledging what happened. I learned long ago, it is easier to admit to a mistake and move on as most people will understand or forget and at the worst, you'll get ribbed about it for awhile. While it may seem easier to try to cover it up, typically the subject ends up getting caught in the lie and ultimately destroys their reputation...