Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

This is by far the best card I purchased at The National.......

Comments

• Options
    otwcardsotwcards Posts: 5,291 ✭✭✭
    Glad to see the Perkdog alive and well, even if one of the Perkies has been "deflated."
  • Options
    Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,384 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>People take message boards too seriously. >>

Message boards are the alternate universe. >>

Now that's funny.

I always thought this message board was a figment of Vargha's imagination.
    Mike
  • Options

<< <i>My proposal is, rather than continue and engage others and tarnish both of us, we let it go and move on. You enjoy your card and I'll enjoy my life and we can resume ignoring each other... Sound like a plan? >>

+1
    Mike
  • Options

<< <i>I dont post much anymore but do enjoy the decent soap opera reads >>

Hi Paul

So - if the Brown card is dinner.

Does that make the soap - dessert?
    Mike
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>My proposal is, rather than continue and engage others and tarnish both of us, we let it go and move on. You enjoy your card and I'll enjoy my life and we can resume ignoring each other... Sound like a plan? >>

>>

Sounds you are trying to avoid naming the lemmings you made it a point to mention.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

>>

Sounds you are trying to avoid naming the lemmings you made it a point to mention. >>

The lemmings are those that fawn and offer props every time that Tom posts his "finds." If your wish is that I name them, then your wish will go unfulfilled. There's no need to put any of them in a negative light and that was not my intention, nor do I think any less of ANYONE that posts positive comments on these boards even if they post them to people that I choose not to have a great deal of like or respect for. If I was worried about trying to be liked and wished to glorify myself on these boards, I'd definitely take a different approach than I have over the years.

As I've said before, you'll always know where you stand with me. I don't pull punches or blow happy smoke up anyone's butt nor do I ask or expect anyone to do so with regard to anything that I post. I also will not say anything about anyone that I will not say to their face and I will not post untruths about anyone. I don't send PM's behind anyone's back or attempt to hide anything that I post publicly. In the event that I say something that is incorrect or misdirect my comments to the wrong person, I will and do apologize. I've had my share of issues with many here. Many of them are now people that I consider friends. Others I've chosen to ignore.

Just know that if I poop in your corn flakes or you poop in mine, don't expect me to forget it when it comes time to ask me for something that I have that you may want... I'd prefer not to compromise my beliefs for the sake of a few dollars in profit.
  • Options
    Mickey71Mickey71 Posts: 4,244 ✭✭✭✭
    Scott,
    If you have a card I like....Can I purchase it from you? I don't think either one of us has pooped in eachothers corn flakes....well maybe a fart or 2.

Mickey71
  • Options
    MULLINS5MULLINS5 Posts: 4,517 ✭✭✭
    "I'm going to talk trash to your face on a message board but post it on another message board that's private so you cannot see it."
  • Options

<< <i>Scott,
    If you have a card I like....Can I purchase it from you? I don't think either one of us has pooped in eachothers corn flakes....well maybe a fart or 2.

Mickey71 >>

Mickey:

Sure.

In fact, you're one that I blasted awhile back, erroneously, and apologized to for my error both in the thread and a new thread dedicated to the apology. And yes, we've poked at each other since, but there weren't any chocolate corn flakes.
  • Options

<< <i>"I'm going to talk trash to your face on a message board but post it on another message board that's private so you cannot see it." >>

#4...
  • Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,786 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Glad to see the Perkdog alive and well, even if one of the Perkies has been "deflated." >>

Good to see you as well Scott, Mike and everyone else too..

• Options
    Downtown1974Downtown1974 Posts: 6,762 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well its nice to see some good came out of this thread. Some nice familiar faces from the past. Hi Paul! Hi Matt! Hope all is well with you guys.
  • Options
    bobbyw8469bobbyw8469 Posts: 7,139 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Yes but that is alot of what the CU message boards are all about, people love to attack and or "pile on" >>

Amen to that. Alot of people comment when they know nothing about anything. I can attest to that personally. Too much drama sometimes.
  • Options
    EAsportsEAsports Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I just wonder if people realize at times that flame wars just are basically redorkulous. For the majority of those who read the posts it just comes across as nerd fests. I mean seriously, getting all worked up over a message board post?

Who really cares about what two or three people are all excited about throwing names across the interwebs? Pretty much only those two or three people.

Nice card. The rest doesn't matter. >>

I do not approve of your tone, and wish to engage you in turn of the century fisticuffs to settle this matter.

My LSU Autographs

Only an idiot would have a message board signature.
  • Options
    WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    All this thread needs now is some Tommy Corvette.

lol

Hi Perk
    Good for you.
  • Options
    I just wanted to say this thread has had more action than the PGA Championship.

Nice card either way, whatever with all the other stuff.

Miconelegacy Auctions
    "Live everyday, don't throw it away"
  • Options
    thunderdanthunderdan Posts: 3,036 ✭✭✭

<< <i>All this thread needs now is some Tommy Corvette. >>

I was going to put it another way: this thread definitely has legs...all it needs now is some balls.

• Options
    MeteoriteGuyMeteoriteGuy Posts: 7,140 ✭✭
    As some of you are not on the other board, I thought I would post my complete response in the referenced thread. The thread was talking about several people and several members, 10-12? had put there thoughts about the people involved, I replied and did the same. Hindsight, perhaps not the smartest move, but I really don't think I was singling Tom out or the like, and I don't feel what I wrote is a cold attack, but it was apparently taken as such, and therefore I apologize to Tom. I will try to be more Sideline Steve in the future.

"I am sure noone cares about my opinion...but of course I am going to share it anyway.

I have dropped Scott notes a couple of times, amazed at his knowledge in sport cards. He has corrected or clearified a few comments I have made, and I didn't feel like I was being attacked.

I have purchased and sold cards to Bill 4-5 times with no problem.

Ron Burgundy, or Tom, whatever, has acted like a D a couple times to me, but perhaps that is just his online persona. I imagine more of the problem, although problem is a strong word, is he comes across wrong at times in messages. He does seem to have very good knowledge on vintage cards.

The Chiefs are going to kick butt this year.

You should all send me all your Steve Young, Tony Gonzalez and Bret Saberhagens.

I type too much and don't know what the hell I am talking about 10% of the time."

I still think you guys should send me all your Steve Young, Tony Gonzalez and Bret Saberhagens....image
    Collecting PSA graded Steve Young, Marcus Allen, Bret Saberhagen and 1980s Topps Cards.
    Raw: Tony Gonzalez (low #'d cards, and especially 1/1's) and Steve Young.
  • Options
    itzagoneritzagoner Posts: 8,753 ✭✭
  • Options
    stevekstevek Posts: 28,287 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>I just wonder if people realize at times that flame wars just are basically redorkulous. For the majority of those who read the posts it just comes across as nerd fests. I mean seriously, getting all worked up over a message board post?

Who really cares about what two or three people are all excited about throwing names across the interwebs? Pretty much only those two or three people.

Nice card. The rest doesn't matter. >>

Yes but that is alot of what the CU message boards are all about, people love to attack and or "pile on"

I dont post much anymore but do enjoy the decent soap opera reads image >>

Gotta admit, if a drama thread results in a post with the Perkies . . . could be worth it afterall image >>

Yes, but more Perkies Pics are needed in the other 3 deleted spots in his sigline...perhaps a side view of the Perkies, and two closeup shots?
  • Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,591 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This thread just reminds me of those flame wars with Axtell...now those were classic confrontations! LOL..

The Brown card looks really sharp for the grade but this is the reason that I always say that you can't correctly grade a card by a scan as truly mint cards often look flawed and vice versa.

+1 for a 2011 thread with Perk and LMM making joint appearances..

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    SDavidSDavid Posts: 1,584 ✭✭

<< <i>Well its nice to see some good came out of this thread. Some nice familiar faces from the past. >>

I wasn't really looking at their faces...
  • Options
    thenavarrothenavarro Posts: 7,497 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Or come to Texas and post it to my face >>

Not a good idea!

It's hotter than hell this summer!!! image >>

I'm just South of Dallas and I woke up this morning to some beautiful mist outside. Went out and stood in it for awhile and let it fall upon my head. Now I just need to do a good rain dance.

Mike
    Buying US Presidential autographs
  • Options
    WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭

<< <i> I will try to be more Sideline Steve in the future. >>

Now that's funny.

Good for you.
  • Options
    RonBurgundyRonBurgundy Posts: 5,491 ✭✭✭
    Scott -

Just saw your post. Fair enough.

I do appreciate your passion for the hobby. It's that same passion that drives me to post stuff when I find it, I get excited like a little kid opening 78 wax packs. If there's a little Texas bravado in there, it's not intended.....certainly I'm not flexing my guns when I post or anything like that.

I chime in frequently when others find good stuff too.......I was one of Andy's lemmings (paleocards) the other day. (I meant that in a lighthearted way.) image

And thank you for the card. Hope you had a good National.

Tom
    Ron Burgundy

Buying Vintage, all sports.
    Buying Woody Hayes, Les Horvath, Vic Janowicz, and Jesse Owens autographed items
  • Options
    TNP777TNP777 Posts: 5,711 ✭✭✭
    This was a great read.

Some quick thoughts:

* Paul, it's always good to see you drop in

<< <i>"I'm going to talk trash to your face on a message board but post it on another message board that's private so you cannot see it." >>

* Patrick, I think you know this, but in case you don't, the "other" board/aka CBT (ooooooo, he said it... he's not supposed to say that... ooooooo) is NOT private. Parts of it are only accessible to membership, mainly because looser talk is allowed there on some of the boards. The public doesn't need to be exposed to that unless they've asked for and been given access to the site. Access to that site is available at any time to darn near anyone - there are VERY few exceptions to this, but again I think you already knew this. If you didn't, then now you do. My apologies for believing otherwise.

* Tom, do you really need to depend on a few (insert negative descriptor here) to see what is being said about you? Nothing that is said there would go unsaid if you were a member. If you're so interested in what's being said about you there, why not join up and see directly? Personally, I think you'd be a good addition to the membership.

The invite to join the "other" board is extended to all. Again, with VERY few exceptions, membership is always open for expansion.
  • Options
    swartz1swartz1 Posts: 4,911 ✭✭✭
    I am trying to catch-up ...

was in Myrtle Beach all week...

How did Tom buy a card from someone who didnt want to sell it to him???

and the card should not be higher than a PSA 6?

thanks...

Looking for 1970 MLB Photostamps
    - uncut

Positive Transactions - tennesseebanker, Ahmanfan, Donruss, Colebear, CDsNuts, rbdjr1, Downtown1974, yankeeno7, drewsef, mnolan, mrbud60, msassin, RipublicaninMass, AkbarClone, rustywilly, lsutigers1973, julen23 and nam812, plus many others...
  • Options
    DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • Options

<< <i>Scott -

Just saw your post. Fair enough.

I do appreciate your passion for the hobby. It's that same passion that drives me to post stuff when I find it, I get excited like a little kid opening 78 wax packs. If there's a little Texas bravado in there, it's not intended.....certainly I'm not flexing my guns when I post or anything like that.

I chime in frequently when others find good stuff too.......I was one of Andy's lemmings (paleocards) the other day. (I meant that in a lighthearted way.) image

And thank you for the card. Hope you had a good National.

Tom >>

+1
    Mike
  • Options

<< <i>This was a great read.

Some quick thoughts:

* Patrick, I think you know this, but in case you don't, the "other" board/aka CBT (ooooooo, he said it... he's not supposed to say that... ooooooo) is NOT private. Parts of it are only accessible to membership, mainly because looser talk is allowed there on some of the boards. The public doesn't need to be exposed to that unless they've asked for and been given access to the site. Access to that site is available at any time to darn near anyone - there are VERY few exceptions to this, but again I think you already knew this. If you didn't, then now you do. My apologies for believing otherwise.

* Tom, do you really need to depend on a few (insert negative descriptor here) to see what is being said about you? Nothing that is said there would go unsaid if you were a member. If you're so interested in what's being said about you there, why not join up and see directly? Personally, I think you'd be a good addition to the membership.

The invite to join the "other" board is extended to all. Again, with VERY few exceptions, membership is always open for expansion. >>

Good post Geordie.
    Mike
  • Options

<< <i>certainly I'm not flexing my guns when I post or anything like that. >>

Mr. Burgundy, please stop referring to your arms as "guns".
    'Sir, I realize it's been difficult for you to sleep at night without your EX/MT 1977 Topps Tom Seaver, but I swear to you that you'll get it safe and sound.'
    -CDs Nuts, 1/20/14

*1956 Topps baseball- 97.4% complete, 7.24 GPA
    *Clemente basic set: 85.0% complete, 7.89 GPA
  • Options

<< <i>perhaps a side view of the Perkies, and two closeup shots? >>

imageimage
  • Options
    How the hell did a thread with so much potential turn into such a lovefest in such a short period of time?image
  • Options
    MULLINS5MULLINS5 Posts: 4,517 ✭✭✭

<< <i>This was a great read.

Some quick thoughts:

The invite to join the "other" board is extended to all. Again, with VERY few exceptions, membership is always open for expansion. >>

My membership seemed to have been blocked awhile back. Emails unanswered and a new username didn't go through. Always thought the CBT site was a 'private' site to talk cardboard and trash members on CU.
  • Options
    yankeeno7yankeeno7 Posts: 9,243 ✭✭✭
    Sevendust

Sorry, I just couldnt not be a part of this epic thread!
  • Options
    gameusedhoopgameusedhoop Posts: 3,558 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I'm just South of Dallas and I woke up this morning to some beautiful mist outside. Went out and stood in it for awhile and let it fall upon my head >>

It was just a few seconds later when he noticed the neighbor's naked kids standing on their balcony. image
  • Options
    fiveninerfiveniner Posts: 4,111 ✭✭✭
    Dog Gone great centering.
    Tony(AN ANGEL WATCHES OVER ME)
  • Options
    Downtown1974Downtown1974 Posts: 6,762 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>certainly I'm not flexing my guns when I post or anything like that. >>

Mr. Burgundy, please stop referring to your arms as "guns". >>

Watch out....they'll getcha!
  • Options
    jeffcbayjeffcbay Posts: 8,948 ✭✭✭✭
    He has no skin in this game!

• Options
    That didnt stay in the collection long.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/110751029974
    Collecting PSA graded Steve Young, Marcus Allen, Bret Saberhagen and 1980s Topps Cards.
  • Options
    RonBurgundyRonBurgundy Posts: 5,491 ✭✭✭
    *shrug* bfd, you see some things you'd rather have more, don't act like this is something out of the ordinary.
    Ron Burgundy

Buying Vintage, all sports.
    Buying Woody Hayes, Les Horvath, Vic Janowicz, and Jesse Owens autographed items
  • Options
    bobbyw8469bobbyw8469 Posts: 7,139 ✭✭✭
    $760....and then comission......is that a good final price?
  • Options
    OAKESY25OAKESY25 Posts: 4,726 ✭✭✭
    I'm with burgandy... I get "tired" of my own stuff rather quickly too...
    I love finding the rare gem.. but find once I have it I am on to the next..
    I may fall back in love with something I already owned and get it back..
    it is all part of the fun
  • Options
    handymanhandyman Posts: 5,262 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also agree. Big deal. Theres always room to upgrade in this hobby. Maybe he doesnt want a fish eye. I want 50-50 and Ill buy 55-45 but Its not the same. Always looking for the next is all. It's the hobby.
  • Options
    You guys are funny. Of course its not a problem that Tom sold this card or any other card he owns. The fact that he took a little lose is not a concern for any of us, or likely Tom for that matter.

The thread has had 10 pages of postings relating to a card, I followed up and posted the public sale information of that card. If any of you are trying to make it more then that, I am not sure were we are suppose to be taking this.
  • Options
    Agreed no big deal, personally I was the poster child for posting new pickups and pumping my fist about how excited I was and blah blah blah only to sell it a few months down the road, I havnt bought a card in over a year because I know I wont hang on to it and more than likely take a loss getting rid of it .
  • Options
    thunderdanthunderdan Posts: 3,036 ✭✭✭
    Perk, I know it's been said a million times before, but...

I LOVE YOUR SIGNATURE, MAN!

• Options

<< <i>Perk, I know it's been said a million times before, but...

I LOVE YOUR SIGNATURE, MAN! >>

Thanks Dan! image
  • Options
    hammeredhammered Posts: 2,671 ✭✭✭
    Wasn't one of those girls texted a pic of Favre's privates?
    Or am I thinking of someone else?
  • Options
    nam812nam812 Posts: 10,555 ✭✭✭✭✭