Home Coin Swaps, Tags and Giveaways
Options

LordM 10th Anniversary giveaway (shipping status update in first post) UNCLAIMED PRIZES AWARDED 9/1

August 17th will mark my tenth anniversary on these forums.

It's been an eventful decade for me, and I've come a long way, both personally and numismatically. I've met some really fine folks here and have been the recipient of much wisdom and generosity. For that, I say thank you, Collectors Universe members.

OK, so "ten" is the obvious theme here. I really wish I could afford to give away a ten-dollar gold piece. (Shoot, I wish I had a ten-dollar gold piece right now!) Times are lean, though, as you've no doubt noticed. Very lean for me, I'm afraid, though I still have plenty of blessings to count. Even in my better times, I've never been anything but a low-budget numismatist, but that never stopped y'all from giving me more respect and kindness than I ever expected or deserved.

We'll make this simple, though I fear it's a pretty humble giveaway.

Just post ONCE here, and I'll select a winner via random number generator, on or shortly after my anniversary.

The winner will get a $10 PayPal gift payment from me. (Or, if you don't do PayPal, a coin of some kind.)

Thank you all. I wish this anniversary giveaway could have been a bit more generous, but hopefully it's the thought that counts.

(Edit- I upped the ante to TEN winners, so one person gets that ten bucks, and nine more will get... something.)

Group hug!

*** UPDATE: WINNERS CHOSEN ***

The first winner selected was jesbroken, who will get a $10 PayPal gift from me. (Gotta wait 'til my eBay auction ends, tho'.)

The remaining nine winners will get a nice handpicked BU Wheatie from one of my rolls (probably a 1944, as I have a lot of those- but they're really nice), and some kind of cheap-but-interesting world coin, and one of my wooden dollars, and two GA Lottery $1 "Lucky 7" scratchoff tickets (each with the potential to win up to $7,000.00)*. Y'all will have to wait a little while for my new supply of mailers to be delivered, so gimme a little while to package and ship all this.

*Those of you out-of-staters who win small prizes on the lotto tickets can mail 'em back to me and I'll PayPal-gift you your winnings (plus the cost of your stamp). It's a longshot, but if one of you wins more than $600, it can be redeemed directly through the state lottery itself. Hey- it could happen, right?

Our nine winners are: (Those in bold have had prizes shipped 8/26.)

rottnrog
heavymetal
MrLee
fiveNdime- won $4 in lotto!
ibzman350

Steviewah
demodigger
JJM
unknowncomic- won $4 in lotto!

As of 8/26, I haven't heard back from rottnrog, heavymetal, and Steviewah. I'll give 'em to the end of the month to speak up.

(Otherwise, somebody else is gonna get their lotto tickets and cheapo prizes!) *gasp!* image

*** 9/1 UPDATE: three prizes went unclaimed. So I redrew three numbers... and those winners are...

jessewvu
GMan

RiffRaff1967

I will PM the new winners.

Congratulations, y'all. And, if I don't mind tootin' my own horn (and you know by now I don't)... to myself, for ten happy years on the forums!

Yay!!!

imageimage

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.

Comments

• Options
    lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ten bucks? Really? Geez.

OK, that's just lame of me.

Even in my stinkin' brokeassedness, I can do better than that.

Let's up the ante to make it TEN winners, randomly drawn.

At least one person will get that PayPal $10 gift. Maybe more- depends on how I do sellin' some stuff.

The remaining winners will get a coin of some sort. Maybe worth ten bucks. Maybe not. Just a modest coin.

(Edit- and maybe a GA Lottery scratchoff or two, also. Hey, if your luck wins this giveaway, maybe it will hold out with the lotto, too?)

But I reckon can make ten people winners, albeit on a small scale.

Of course you're ALL winners in my book, if you know what I mean.

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • Options
    I'm in. Thank you LordM.
  • Options
    ramminrick- wow- you've been here longer than I have! And still a "New Member" with 14 posts! Too funny. A man of few words, eh? That's cool- I'm always glad to lure a few lurkers out of the shadows. Hey, be sure to activate Private Messages, though, so I can notify you if you win.

Edit- I just got the test PM you sent me, but for some reason, the replies I sent you in return do not show up in our PM history, and you still don't have that little "padlock" icon image showing in your profile. Strange- I'm not sure why. You might check with the admins about that, if you didn't see my PMs.

• Options
    Tdec1000Tdec1000 Posts: 3,851 ✭✭✭
    LordM, count me in as well! You have been a great asset to these forums and a good person to deal with! A+++ in my book buddy! now keep that detector swingin and you might end up findin a cache of $10 Libs!

Tom
    Awarded the coveted "You Suck" Award on 22 Oct 2010 for finding a 1942/1 D Dime in silver, and on 7 Feb 2011 Cherrypicking a 1914 MPL Cent on Ebay!

Successful BST Transactions!SIconbuster, Meltdown, Mission16, slothman2000, RGjohn, braddick, au58lover, allcoinsrule, commemdude, gerard, lablade, PCcoins, greencopper, kaz, tydye, cucamongacoin, mkman123, SeaEaglecoins, Doh!, AnkurJ, Airplanenut, ArizonaJack, JJM,Tee135,LordMarcovan, Swampboy, piecesofme, Ahrensdad,
  • Options
    mkman123mkman123 Posts: 6,849 ✭✭✭✭
    Thank you!
    Successful Buying and Selling transactions with:

Many members on this forum that now it cannot fit in my signature. Please ask for entire list.
  • Options
    LordM I know I lurk more than respond but thought I would say congrats!
    "One of the advantages of being disorderly is that one is constantly making new discoveries" -A.A. Milne
  • Options
    Count me in!
  • Options
    thisnamztakenthisnamztaken Posts: 4,101 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Congratulations on your 10th anniversary here, Robertson!! image
    I never thought that growing old would happen so fast.
    - Jim
  • Options
    TavernTreasuresTavernTreasures Posts: 1,262 ✭✭✭
    I have enjoyed reading many of your digging posts. Happy 10 year anniversary.
    Advanced collector of BREWERIANA. Early beer advertising (beer cans, tap knobs, foam scrapers, trays, tin signs, lithos, paper, etc)....My first love...U.S. COINS!
  • Options
    kingkoin56kingkoin56 Posts: 343 ✭✭
    thanks LordM
  • Options
    Congrats on a decade, LordM! You're a gem!
    Have bought and sold on BST, many references available when asked.
  • Options
    AndresAndres Posts: 977 ✭✭✭
    Congrats, LordM image
    rather have a modest coin, then the $10 , and if you send me a coin , I send you a coin in return image
    collector of Greek banknotes - most beautifull world banknotes - Greek & Roman ancient coins.
  • Options
    ZoharZohar Posts: 6,629 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    JJMJJM Posts: 7,984 ✭✭✭✭✭
    im game, thx
    👍BST's erickso1,cone10,MICHAELDIXON,TennesseeDave,p8nt,jmdm1194,RWW,robkool,Ahrensdad,Timbuk3,Downtown1974,bigjpst,mustanggt,Yorkshireman,idratherbgardening,SurfinxHI,derryb,masscrew,Walkerguy21D,MJ1927,sniocsu,Coll3tor,doubleeagle07,luciobar1980,PerryHall,SNMAM,mbcoin,liefgold,keyman64,maprince230,TorinoCobra71,RB1026,Weiss,LukeMarshall,Wingsrule,Silveryfire, pointfivezero,IKE1964,AL410, Tdec1000, AnkurJ,guitarwes,Type2,Bp777,jfoot113,JWP,mattniss,dantheman984,jclovescoins,Collectorcoins,Weather11am,Namvet69,kansasman,Bruce7789,ADG,Larrob37
  • Options
    johnsim03johnsim03 Posts: 992 ✭✭
    Congratulations, Rob! Many happy returns!
    John
    John C. Knudsen, LM ANA 2342, LM CSNS 337
    SFC, US Army (Ret.) 1974-1994
  • Options
    ibzman350ibzman350 Posts: 5,315
    thanks for the chance Rob...........................I still have the folder of world coins I bought from you when I first got here, like 8 or 9 plastic pages.

I also decided to buy a metal detector, thinking my little beach hide-a-way would be an ideal place to find treasures.

Well the metal detecting thinggy didn't work out too well. For the first test I threw a nickle in the sand, I almost lost the nickle, it took me 5 minutes to find it. I played around with it for a week or so on the beach after that, it's been in the closet now for years. I may just have to pull it out and give it another try.

Herb

Remember it's not how you pick your nose that matters, it's where you put the boogers.
    imageimageimage
  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Congratulations LordM....yep... the years do fly by. I enjoy your postings as well as the many unique finds you have made. Look forward to more of the same in the next ten years..... Cheers, RickO
  • Options
    I'm in
  • Options
    StaircoinsStaircoins Posts: 2,565 ✭✭✭

Many, many, very hearty congratulations LM!

Thanks for all the effort that you have put into the boards over the past decade. We are all better off as a result.

Please forward my prize to a deserving YN if I win.
  • Options
    keyman64keyman64 Posts: 15,456 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Congrats and thank you Sir!
    "If it's not fun, it's not worth it." - KeyMan64
    Looking for Top Pop Mercury Dime Varieties & High Grade Mercury Dime Toners. :smile:
  • Options
    cheezhedcheezhed Posts: 5,690 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ONCE
    Many happy BST transactions
  • Options
    MaineJimMaineJim Posts: 740 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cheers LordM - enjoy reading your post also.

Jim
  • Options
    Congrats on the anniversary. I have enjoyed your posts and pictures. For example, the description and pics of your antique mall operation. The Yap stone hunt. All the Holeys. Always enjoyable and interesting reading. I really like the personal touch to your stories. I have actually read and loved all your dig writeups. I have never put the "coil to the soil", but hopefully someday. I also have to get a large shark tooth (megalodon maybe) for my daughter. She thought that was the coolest. We probably never would have known about them if not for you.
    Thanks again.

John
    Successful BSTs with lordmarcovan, pontiacinf, Harry779, ajia, jfoot13, coinfame, Hammered54, fivecents, Coll3ctor, al410, commoncents123.
  • Options
    llafoellafoe Posts: 7,220 ✭✭
    I wish I were 10 again! image
    WANTED: Cincinnati Reds TEAM Cards
  • Options
    Hi there!
    Thanks for the chance...if I remember correctly, I won one of your giveaways like 6 years ago. School consumed most of my time but now I'm back and Aug is a special time for me too. The day before your tenth anniversary is my 21st image. Is it ok to put those fancy awards you made in my sig again for the metal detecting competition?

Thanks for the chance!
    Warner
  • Options
    jesbrokenjesbroken Posts: 9,329 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It definitely is "the thought that counts". I thank you for the 10 years you have given this forum and hope many more are to come.
    Jim

When a man who is honestly mistaken hears the truth, he will either quit being mistaken or cease to be honest....Abraham Lincoln

Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it.....Mark Twain
  • Options
    laserartlaserart Posts: 2,255
    45K + posts and 10 years ! That's exceptional.
    "If I had a nickel for every nickel I ever had, I'd have all my nickels back".
  • Options
    pontiacinfpontiacinf Posts: 8,915 ✭✭
    woot there he is!

been a long ten years, hey werent you on the old board with me?

Go BIG or GO HOME. ©Bill
  • Options
    Congrats on the Decade...image
    Ilikacoinsawholebuncha
  • Options
    ModCrewmanModCrewman Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sure, put me in the running. image
  • Options

<< <i>been a long ten years, hey werent you on the old board with me? >>

Bill- I don't remember these "old boards" that some of you true dinosaurs have mentioned, but I do remember the old small-icon days, the Open Forum, and other bygones. I remember you and cosmicdebris and - oh, hey- there's laserart, too - from the early days. I went to the "Today" page just now and was looking at the Top Ten member list (by post count). I still haven't made it- I must surely be in the top fifteen or twenty, though. It was interesting and a bit sad to note that some of those folks ain't with us anymore, and in fact two of 'em have gone beyond this earthly realm.

Thank you all for the kind words. Maybe more people have read my blather than I realized. (That's both flattering and unnerving- hopefully they read mostly the intelligent posts and missed the stupid stuff!) Speakin' of the Old School, I've noticed that ricko has always had a positive comment for me, and those have been greatly appreciated, especially when I was feelin' down on myself.

Thanks again, y'all.

• Options
    Congratulations LordM! Hears hoping for another 10yrs! Rich
  • Options
    rottnrogrottnrog Posts: 683 ✭✭✭

Congrats on 10 !!

Every time I see a coin with a hole in it I think of you !!!! image
  • Options
    GManGMan Posts: 790 ✭✭
    Congrats LordM! I think I'm at 5 years this month myself image
    GMan
  • Options
    pocketpiececommemspocketpiececommems Posts: 5,748 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It would be nice to detect a Bust dime on this anniversary.
  • Options
    I appreciate the opportunity! Steve
  • Options
    morgandollar1878morgandollar1878 Posts: 4,006 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Congrats on the 10 years and thanks for the chance.
    Instagram: nomad_numismatics
  • Options
    Hey, I'll play along!

Thanks for the chance. Congrats on 2 lustrums!
  • Options
    bretts911bretts911 Posts: 764 ✭✭✭
    count me in image thanks
  • Options
    fiveNdimefiveNdime Posts: 1,088 ✭✭
    my sons favorite number is 10.
    BST transactions: guitarwes; glmmcowan; coiny; nibanny; messydesk
  • Options
    sparky64sparky64 Posts: 7,026 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm in!
    Ten years! Where does it go?

"If I say something in the woods and my wife isn't there to hear it.....am I still wrong?"

My Washington Quarter Registry set...in progress

• Options
    Classof67Classof67 Posts: 1,502 ✭✭✭
    Very generous I say, and thank you!
    GREAT BST transactions with Wondercoin, segoja, moderncoinmart, notwilight, wingsrule, 123cents, fivecents, hunted, alohagary, ibzman350, WTCG, sonofagunk, amigo, coincoins, dcgolfer, chumley, nycounsel, tootawl, guitarwes, kimber45ACP, Zubie, Egger, RYK, 1tommy, EagleEye, NEFPROLLC, jmdm1194, Coinfolio
  • Options
    Congrats and Thanks!!! image
    SNIKT!
    You are doing well, subject 15837. You are a good person.
  • Options
    MrLeeMrLee Posts: 1,847 ✭✭✭
    Ten Years. Wow. Congrats on your milestone.

• Options
    wow - has it been that long, dude?!?!?

ONCE

hehe
    Cecil
    Total Copper Nutcase - African, British Ships, Channel Islands!!!
    'Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup'
  • Options
    olmanjonolmanjon Posts: 1,187
    Since I have the coveted "You suck award" I have to get in . Thanks Lord M and heres to seeing you for another ten years on the forum
    Olmanjon
    Proud recipiant of the Lord M "you suck award-March-2008"
    http://bit.ly/bxi7py
  • Options
    DieClashDieClash Posts: 3,688 ✭✭✭
    I'll take a crusty old dug coin over $10 any day!

Count me in. image
    "Please help us keep these boards professional and informative…. And fun." - DW
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    BONGO HURTLES ALONG THE RAIN SODDEN HIGHWAY OF LIFE ON UNDERINFLATED BALD RETREAD TIRES
  • Options
    Bankerbob56Bankerbob56 Posts: 1,396 ✭✭✭
    TEN for ten? That sounds like a Kroger's ad......

I'm in for ten for ten!

What we've got here is failure to communicate.....

Successful BST xactions w/PCcoins, Drunner, Manofcoins, Rampage, docg, Poppee, RobKool, and MichealDixon.
  • Options
    Thanks, I am in,
  • Options
    Would like to be added. Thanks for the chance.