Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Michelle Kelley Stage 4 Breast Cancer Survivor. Home, Resting, Just doesn't feel good. Tougher day.

124»

Comments

• Options
    DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭
    Tell ya what guys ... reading all the responses to Mike makes me feel GREAT about my fellow collectors!
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • Options
    OAKESY25OAKESY25 Posts: 4,726 ✭✭✭
    my faith is not strong like many of yours.. but I have always found comfort in this poem

Footprints in the Sand

One night I dreamed I was walking along the beach with the Lord.
    Many scenes from my life flashed across the sky.
    In each scene I noticed footprints in the sand.
    Sometimes there were two sets of footprints,
    other times there were one set of footprints.

This bothered me because I noticed
    that during the low periods of my life,
    when I was suffering from
    anguish, sorrow or defeat,
    I could see only one set of footprints.

So I said to the Lord,
    "You promised me Lord,
    that if I followed you,
    you would walk with me always.
    But I have noticed that during
    the most trying periods of my life
    there have only been one
    set of footprints in the sand.
    Why, when I needed you most,
    you have not been there for me?"

The Lord replied,
    "The times when you have
    seen only one set of footprints,
    is when I carried you."
    Mary Stevenson

keep the faith that gets you through... best wishes

• Options
    cpamikecpamike Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭
    Bob, I have read that poem many times and its always a great read. image
    "The woods are lovely, dark and deep.
    But I have promises to keep,
    And miles to go before I sleep,
    And miles to go before I sleep."

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

Collecting:
    Any unopened Baseball cello and rack packs and boxes from the 1970's and early 1980s.
  • Options
    scmavlscmavl Posts: 1,400 ✭✭✭
    My thoughts are with your family, Mike.
    2.5 is pretty much my speed.
  • Options
    thunderdanthunderdan Posts: 3,036 ✭✭✭
    Hang in there, champ. Be strong for those beautiful children of yours.

Thanks for sharing. I can't even imagine what you're going through.

• Options
    Great poem, and thanks everyone for lifting me through the day. It was tough, but made it through. You all, (y'all in the South, even though I'm a Yankee, but I'm a Sox fan, yes they are struggling, I know) helped me today. Thank you.

There are tough days, and probably even tougher days ahead, but one thing is for sure, we ain't giving up.

Thanks and God Bless.

This board has the market cornered for great people, a lot of Pop 1's reside here...
    Miconelegacy Auctions
    "Live everyday, don't throw it away"
  • Options
    bobbyw8469bobbyw8469 Posts: 7,139 ✭✭✭
    Mike...Duke is a great hospital. They work miracles there! My girlfriends father has escaped death so many times thanks to the doctors at Duke. Maybe your wife will pull through......
  • Options
    jeffcbayjeffcbay Posts: 8,948 ✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    tigerdeantigerdean Posts: 903 ✭✭✭
    Mike, I am a registered nurse of 16 years and soon to be a nurse practitioner and I deal with people's pain everyday but there is no way to even compare it when it is your pain and I can't even imagine being in your shoes when it is your wife and you have children involved as I would be in the same pain if it were my wife or kids. Please keep your chin up and know that she is going to probably be out of her suffering soon and you honestly need to try and take some solice in that. You also have a standing offer from me if you need to talk then I will be happy to talk to you about anything you would like. Take care and god be with you. Tigerdean
  • Options
    heritageheritage Posts: 2,662 ✭✭✭
    God bless you all...
  • Options
    Absolutely cannot express my thoughts and or prayers in words. The council and consolation you have been given by some of these board members is sound and thoughtful. Take at least 30-45 minutes a day for yourself to decompress - exercise, yoga, steam, sauna, get your heart rate up. I agree with the woman. Doing this will help you think and be better. Even if you dont exercise get out of the house and run one mile bike 3 miles. swim. Get out and then when you come back as horrible as what you are going through I promise you will be stronger.

I pray that your wife, you and your children can have some days when she is stronger and feeling better to do something together that you have never done or always wanted to do our prayers thoughts and love are with you.

May God and his angels bring love, protection and time to you all

In Him

Barry
  • Options
    Stay strong Mike. Wishing you and your family the best.

Clear Skies,
    Mark
    Collecting PSA graded Steve Young, Marcus Allen, Bret Saberhagen and 1980s Topps Cards.
    Raw: Tony Gonzalez (low #'d cards, and especially 1/1's) and Steve Young.