Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Michelle Kelley Stage 4 Breast Cancer Survivor. Home, Resting, Just doesn't feel good. Tougher day.

Comments

• Options
    kgibsonkgibson Posts: 264 ✭✭✭
    Mike
    Your family is in my prayers.
    Kevin
    "You know we just don't recognize the most significant moments of our lives while they're happening. Back then I thought, well, there'll be other days. I didn't realize that that was the only day."
  • Options
    cpamikecpamike Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭
    Hey Mike,

So sorry to hear about Michelle. My prayers and thoughts are with you and your family during this difficult time. Seth was right when he said that kids are resilient and it is much harder on the parent that has to explain things to them. Stay strong for your kids, they will need you more and more as the days go by.

My wife's parents passed away in a plane crash while on vacation almost 11 years ago now and that was a very difficult time, but you do get through it. These things are never easy to deal with, but at least make the most of everyday you have together as a family. I know that since my wife's parents died, I make it a point to kiss each of my kids and wife goodbye and say I love you everyday before I go to work as you never know what may happen.

As Oddball would say, "I'm sending you positive waves baby...woof...woof!!!"
    "The woods are lovely, dark and deep.
    But I have promises to keep,
    And miles to go before I sleep,
    And miles to go before I sleep."

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

Collecting:
    Any unopened Baseball cello and rack packs and boxes from the 1970's and early 1980s.
  • Options
    Dpeck100Dpeck100 Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mike,

You are my favorite guy on the board. I love your energy towards cards.

All the best!!

Best regards,

David Peck
  • Options
    WFFLWFFL Posts: 494 ✭✭✭
    Mike,

I am touched by the sharing of your story and struggles. Keep the faith and take care of your family. Your family is on our prayer chain at church.

Regards,
    Gregg
  • Options
    leathtechleathtech Posts: 3,191
    Stay strong, wishing you and your family a peaceful next few months, may each day be special!
  • Options
    ICE9ICE9 Posts: 552 ✭✭✭
    This is really heartbreaking. Be strong for your kids...God will look after your wife, she will be in good hands on her journey. Use your support network; family, friends & US.
    God bless you & your family during these time.

Mike
    "Must these Englishmen Live That I Might Die? Must They Live That I Might Die?" - The Blue Oyster Cult
  • Options
    DavidPuddyDavidPuddy Posts: 3,483 ✭✭✭
    Stay strong Mike. Thoughts are with you and the family.

Terry
    "The Sipe market is ridiculous right now"
    CDsNuts, 1/9/15
  • Options
    daddymcdaddymc Posts: 3,080 ✭✭✭
    What a heartbreaking story. We will pray and keep you and your family in our thoughts. Stay strong for the kids, but understand that you will need help yourself when the time comes. God, family and friends are there to help you when you need it.
    Currently working on: Kurt Warner PSA 9 or 10

• Options
    gemintgemint Posts: 6,069 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Very sorry to hear this Mike. It's been a tough week for message board friends and with one of my best friend's mother dying this week. My wife and I will keep your family in our thoughts.
  • Options
    I've been keeping up with this thread for the past three hours, and I wish there was something I could say or a switch I could flip to make this problem go away and cure your wife's illness. Back in the spring, I first noticed your sig line, and it mentioned her age, which was the same as mine at time, and it was another reminder of how quickly it can all be taken away.

You've frequently referred to your card collection serving as an escape, a coping mechanism if you will, but in case that isn't enough during this difficult experience, I would recommend immersing yourself in music. I don't know if this specific song will mean anything to you, but if not, I'd encourage you to tap into whatever your musical tastes are and find something that can bring out all the emotions that are inevitable when dealing with something like this.

Countin' On A Miracle (lyrics)
    Live performance

Finally, if you want to provide frequent updates to this thread, I would strongly encourage it. Nobody is going to have any objection to that, and if it can possibly provide comfort or inspiration or any have positive impact for you or your kids or even your wife, it will be worth the effort.
  • Options
    hammeredhammered Posts: 2,671 ✭✭✭
    Be strong, brother
    Prayers sent
  • Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,536 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My best wishes and prayers for your wife's speedy recovery, Mike!

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    kingbeeswaxkingbeeswax Posts: 1,423 ✭✭✭
    I wish you and your family all the best. Be strong.

-Mark
  • Options
    elsnortoelsnorto Posts: 2,013
    Mike,

So very sorry to hear this. My heart breaks for you and your family. I will keep you all in my thoughts and hope for a miracle.

Scott
  • Options
    Arsenal83Arsenal83 Posts: 1,176 ✭✭✭
    Mike,
    May God bless you and your family and carry you through this. May He provide you with the strength to support your family, your wife with the miracle she needs, and your children with the solace to know that you will be there for them every step of the way.

You will be in my prayers every night and every morning,

Brian
  • Options
    Words cannot express the range of emotions I feel reading this.

May you find comfort and strength as you go through this.

Your kids look like troopers.

GO SOX!
  • Options
    Thank you all so very much.

I am not a wrestling fan but it felt like TNN Impact day emotionally. Tiger always said when he played his best round, that he really didn't remember much. Somehow I made it through yesterday, it was like a blur. I played my best round emotionally, and it's the holy spirit, my family, friends, all of you that helped that achievement.

One day at a time is all any of us can do. Somebody said faith is the refusal to panic. I only slept for 6 hours, but feel refreshed and I know that's God's work and everyone's prayers.

Thank you Rick Probstein and Cpamike(midnight call last night) for talking on the phone with me yesterday.

And thank you, all of you for your strength and prayer.

"Good people help others when things are bad and good, that's what the meaning of life is"

Take care,
    Miconelegacy Auctions
    "Live everyday, don't throw it away"
  • Options
    frankhardyfrankhardy Posts: 8,046 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mike,

You have a beautiful family. It breaks my heart reading and seeing this. I have a wonderful family and we are about your age. I am 36, my wife is 34, my son is 10, and my daughter is 8. I cannot imagine what you are going through. It makes me appreciate what I have because I know it can be taken away from me in an instant. Stay strong, and trust God and his word. That is all I know to say.

Shane

• Options
    fattymacsfattymacs Posts: 2,578 ✭✭✭
    Thoughts and Prayers to you and your family.
  • Options
    moonlightgrahammoonlightgraham Posts: 330 ✭✭✭
    My thoughts and prayers are with your family. May God provide you with strength and peace.
  • Options
    Praying for a miracle over here, Mike. Stay strong, and thanks for the updates.
    A SWING AND A DRIVE!

For Sale on eBay
  • Options
    minnesotahuskerminnesotahusker Posts: 642 ✭✭✭
    I had tears in my eyes reading your story. Seeing the pictures increased it ten fold. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your beautiful family. God bless.
  • Options
    scooter729scooter729 Posts: 1,730 ✭✭✭
    Prayers said for you and your beautiful family, Mike. It's a very difficult story just to hear, and we all wish the best for everyone involved.

Scott
  • Options
    cwazzycwazzy Posts: 3,257
    Saying that this is heart-wrenching is putting it mildly. May God bless you and your family. And if you need anything from us please don't hesitate to ask. We are all here for you.

Chris
    Chris
    My small collection
    Want List:
    '61 Topps Roy Campanella in PSA 5-7
    Cardinal T206 cards
    Adam Wainwright GU Jersey
  • Options
    WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    Sorry to hear about this.....

Stay strong.

Steve
    Good for you.
  • Options
    I dont post often on here, but was moved by your posts. May god bless your family at this difficult time. You have a beautiful family
  • Options
    LakersFANLakersFAN Posts: 288 ✭✭
    O great Saint Peregrine, you who bore in your own flesh this cancerous disease, and were favored with the vision of Jesus Christ coming down from his cross to heal your affliction, ask of God and our Lady, the cure of Michelle kelley whom we entrust to you. Aided by your intercessions, we praise God and give thanks for his kindness and mercy. Amen

"Mike , May the Lord God place an Angel of Protection and a Heart of Peace in all of your family through this Ordeal"

God bless you Man'
  • Options
    twileytwiley Posts: 1,923
    your family will be in my prayers.
  • Options
    You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers.
    God Bless.
    Brian
  • Options
    RonBurgundyRonBurgundy Posts: 5,491 ✭✭✭
    Mike -

Prayers sent. God provides.

I also prayed that some day we will find a cure to this horrible disease. Not a cool marketing slogan or pink ribbon, but a cure.

Godspeed.

Ron Burgundy

Buying Vintage, all sports.
    Buying Woody Hayes, Les Horvath, Vic Janowicz, and Jesse Owens autographed items
  • Options
    TabeTabe Posts: 5,927 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ya know, I was doing OK until you posted this picture and story:

Mike, I'll be praying for you and your family.

Everybody, hug your loved ones close. You just never know...

Tabe
  • Options
    Mike,my thoughts and prayers for you and your family.Lou
    Collecting Roberto Clemente and Willie Stargell cards.
  • Options
    mexpo75mexpo75 Posts: 1,912 ✭✭✭
    Mike, I know we do not know one another but my thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. Try and stay strong my friend.

Mike
    PackManInNC
  • Options
    DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭
    Mike,

Sorry for not responding earlier but I just now saw your thread. I walked in the house 30 minutes ago from Washington DC, where my family and I were for the past 3 days looking at colleges for my oldest daughter.

You and I have spoken quite a bit regarding our families and this horrible disease. As you know, Michelle and your entire family have been in my prayers for quite a while.

If you want to talk about ANYTHING, just PM me your phone number and I will try to call you when you tell me it would be most convenient.

I AM HERE TO HELP YOU IN ANY WAY I AM ABLE.

GOD BLESS.

Doug
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • Options
    Your beautiful family will be in my thoughts.
    South of Heaven...North of Canada
  • Options
    Mike,

I am not a big poster on the boards, but I read them multiple times daily and you are one of the most knowlegdeable and nicest guys on the board. I will keep your family in my thoughts and I will hope for the best.
  • Options
    Mike, how are you guys doing today?
    Big Fan of: HOF Post War RC, Graded RCs
    WTB: PSA 1 - PSA 3 Centered, High Eye Appeal 1950's Mantle
  • Options
    Mike,

Your kids have a great dad.
  • Options
    telephoto1telephoto1 Posts: 4,752 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow. This is so unbelievably sad to hear.
    Stay strong for your wife and kids- they need you now.
    And know that everyone's best wishes and prayers go out to you and your family.

RIP Mom- 1932-2012
  • Options
    corvette1340corvette1340 Posts: 3,384 ✭✭✭
    Been out of town and not on the boards and just saw this thread. Definite sending prayers to you and your family Mike. If you need anything please send me a pm and if I can possibly provide it I will. Take care
  • Options
    StoogeStooge Posts: 4,649 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Words cannot adequately describe what some of us on the boards feel when they read a story such as this. I feel alot of different emotions, but what I feel is that I would like to say HI at the show in Chicago and just meet you in person the 1 day you are there and tell you that I feel for you and your Family. If not just to meet for 5 minutes and talk cardboard...just to ease your mind for that brief moment, I would hope that it helps.

I will be at the show thurs.-sat at least, please let me know when and where, possibly the PSA booth so I can say HI.

Thoughts and prayers are with you and your Family daily.

Paul B. Gunsallus

Later, Paul.
  • Options
    Your support, prayer, encouragement, humanity, faith, love is absolutely incredible. You, YOU are a good person, may GOD bless you and your families as well.

Our family loves dance music, no we are not raver's, yes I used to go to clubs in Boston when I was younger, yes I met my wife at a club back in NH almost 10 years ago, but no raves. What NH has dance clubs, really? Just dance your butt off and have fun once and awhile. The problem with some of Dance or Trance type music is the words can be very sad, not what I need right now. There are a lot of songs that move me, but this song is not sad, rather it reminds me of what you have done for me the last couple days, you, you have helped save me emotionally.

Thank you so very much from the bottom of my heart, it brings tears to my eyes with how thankful I am.

This, this song is the togetherness of these boards, we could save the world, we are going to make it no matter what comes across our lives, we have to...

So I celebrate you with this song.

Together I dedicate my first posted link to you...
    Miconelegacy Auctions
  • Options
    jeffcbayjeffcbay Posts: 8,948 ✭✭✭✭
    You may not like Howard Stern... you may not like Lady Gaga... but this was one of the most moving and meaningful performances I've ever heard. It's a song she wrote when her Grandfather was on his death bed, and she was sitting down with her Dad drinking tequila shots, talking about their fond memories of him. The Edge of Glory
  • Options
    Mike I am a huge fan dance music and that is all that is on my Ipod. Here are a few of my favorites you might like.

We are all pulling for you buddy!

Southern Sun

In and Out of Love

Armin van Buuren

Children

Someone
  • Options
    stownstown Posts: 11,321 ✭✭✭
    Thoughts and prayers, Mike.

Hang in there and if you need anything, please don't hesitate to ask.

So basically my kid won't be able to go to college, but at least I'll have a set where the three most expensive cards are of a player I despise ~ CDsNuts
  • Options
    My thoughts are with you, stay strong. God Bless.
  • Options
    Downtown1974Downtown1974 Posts: 6,731 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am very sorry to hear the news. Please know that your family will be in my prayers.
  • Options
    At the hospital. When you've literally been to hospitals dozens of times, there becomes a weird comfort in them. I dread going, but once there I find them peaceful. Believe me, we have been through blood clots in her lung, hemotama's, blood clot's in valves of my wife's heart etc.

Those were hard, this is hard, this feels tougher. My youngest two are playing go fish, my oldest is waiting for mom so they can paint nails together.

It's really an incredible endurance story, I'll share someday, but basically, chemo almost constant, radiation, 15 surgeries, on and on. My wife's strength is unparalleled compared to anything I can relate to.

Miraculous almost. Her Breat cancer first spread back in early 2009, and went to her ankle first. Whenever Cancer leaves the original site, it's not good. It's called metastasized. In this case it spread from her lymph nodes. The left ankle, then knee, then spine, back, hip, tibia, ribs, the whole time it was keep away from organs. Feb 2011 we found out it spread to her liver and lungs, and ever since it's been like miracle grow(anger toward the disease).

So jump to now. So her Cortisol levels were extremely low, and they have her on a nutrient drip over a 24 hour period. Morphine and nausea meds. She weighed 84 pds the other day, was just awful. Now looking at her she looks soooo much better. Hopefully she'll be able to come home on Monday. The reality is, they are probably all done with chemo, her body can't take it anymore. Not giving up, rather the disease will just take it's course. It's spread really fast over the past few months, thankfully it hasn't spread to her brain. They check that all the time.

So for now she will follow the Breast Cancer slogan....Live, Laugh, Love. We made the decision I would take the rest of the year off, with the thought I may not go back. No not even close to being wealthy, rather planned on this, and I'll keep popping 10's with cardboard, buy and sell. I stopped typing on my IPhone at the hospital around 5 today right here.

So another day passed. We made it through. The support is amazing. I hope we have several months, or atleast a few. I don't know what to think anymore.

My cell phone keeps losing charge from the overwhelming support. Especially my mom. Mom's are the best. I know some have lost theirs, or maybe she wasn't around. Mine was and I'm thankful for that.

I dont know.... I'm tired been a long 3 days. Thank you again. You don't need to post just to keep this going. I'll update again if you don't mind. Tomorrow I have 3 beautiful children to play with, packs to finish labeling and pack up, and a wife to see who I don't feel worthy of her strength. The strength to inspire.

Strength to inspire is a whole other animal. I have had a website half built to help others. The goal simply to raise money, fly around the country and help those in need. We have health insurance, we've made it through co-pays, food, shelter, clothing. I guess I started it also as a coping mechanism a year and half ago, but I will complete it. It is a extreme home makeover version but related to Cancer, and I've thought about adding more. Not home building, rather financial support. Helping those who haven't been as fortunate to afford health insurance, chemo, pain meds, etc.

It's a positive project at least and my families story will be told through it. Only to inspire, encourage, and assist others. I feel like this, if I'm not able to help others, I really don't have a purpose. And my purpose driven life will impact others in a positive way, I'll at least die trying. My wife's situation, children, family always come first, you know that. Sorry my faith in Christ comes first, then my family, then my passion to help others.

Have to get to bed. Dont know why I shared this time around, but I am more amazed about the humanity of others on here. I have read most threads and seen a few bad seeds come and go. But all of you are amazing, truly heartfelt, if I didn't thank you enough, I'm thanking you again now. I have read through these posts so many times. I'm still in shock, maybe I've shocked you, maybe it's weird, but what you see is what you get. I like people like that.

We all have issues, tendencies, but seeing the powerful message that you created here is tremendous. I am an IPhone typing junkie, do forgive grammar mistakes, it's hard to fix with auto type sometimes.

God Bless all of you, your families, your friends, children, loved ones, careers, everything.

You have given me a gift, the strength to inspire. Sorry if that's selfish, but I'm just passing the buck. My wife has given me my strength. And my hopes is to at least provide insight into what happens to real families all the time.

Life is precious, live every day, don't throw it away.

Take care and thank you again...

Mike
    Miconelegacy Auctions
  • Options
    Everyone who follows this board is pulling for you and your family!!!!!

Many of us are virtual friends but this kind of up close and personal situation brings things full circle.

Mike hang in there and be a rock. Your family needs it.

Words can not express how we all feel.

• Options
    frankhardyfrankhardy Posts: 8,046 ✭✭✭✭✭
    "Life is precious, live every day, don't throw it away."

That is so true!

Shane