Options

1962-D "Wildly" Toned Franklin Half Dollar From My Son Justin's Collection

2»

Comments

• Options
    mkman123mkman123 Posts: 6,849 ✭✭✭✭
    What's the story in that peace dollar?
    Successful Buying and Selling transactions with:

Many members on this forum that now it cannot fit in my signature. Please ask for entire list.
  • Options
    keetskeets Posts: 25,351 ✭✭✭✭✭
    What's the story in that peace dollar?

AT.
  • Options
    ZoinsZoins Posts: 33,938 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>What's the story in that peace dollar?

AT. >>

Summary:

raw AT sold by gototoningcoins for $55 on eBay

gets slabbed as NGC-1519978-009

offered by well respected and honest dealer and ex-PCGS grader

offered by ARC for $14,500 on eBay

identified by Pat Braddick right here on CU Forums

taken off the market
  • Options
    I just love the 62-D Half and that Peace Dollar is very lovely too .
  • Options
    pharmerpharmer Posts: 8,355
    Don't worry about Pawpaul aka supercarcoins aka foxxee aka Bubbah aka etc etc. He's already back as Groiny. Don't tell Carol.
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Apropos of the coin posse/aka caca: "The longer he spoke of his honor, the tighter I held to my purse."

• Options
    Again , I think the coins in this post are lovely , original , breathtaking coins .

All this silly fuss about alleged A.T coins has really gone too far ........., don't you think so too Mr. Pharmer ?
  • Options
    The special delight some take in belittling other collectors coins speaks more of their insecurities and self hate rather than the coins they ridicule.
  • Options
    Yeah, I agree with some that the grading is off but how much money are we talking about on a 62-D in 66 or 63 ? Chump change compared to the value of that spectacular toning. And it's in an error holder. Gorgeous coin.
  • Options
    wondercoinwondercoin Posts: 16,733 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not to mention... if coins such as this one create a fascination with the younger generation ... such as Justin moving forward with his pursuit of Chemistry in college and graduate school ... because, among other things, he really wants to deeply understand thin film interference, etc., etc. , then the coin was a priceless catalyst!

Wondercoin
    Please visit my website at www.wondercoins.com and my ebay auctions under my user name www.wondercoin.com.
  • Options
    "Pawpaul" sent me this image ; seems some feller is selling coins on eBay he found in his attic to help with the birth of a new child .

He has lot's of monster toned one's like this that he sells very cheap !

imageimage

• Options
    Groiny: Thank you for posting a note from pawpaul.

Can you ask pawpaul the next time you speak with him if he could direct me to those ebay offerings please. I went over to ebay and typed in all sorts of Franklin searches (i.e. toned, color) but could not find those offerings. If papaul could send me an email via my website that would be great.

Wondercoin
    Please visit my website at www.wondercoins.com and my ebay auctions under my user name www.wondercoin.com.
  • Options

<< <i>Groiny: Thank you for posting a note from pawpaul.

Can you ask pawpaul the next time you speak with him if he could direct me to those ebay offerings please. I went over to ebay and typed in all sorts of Franklin searches (i.e. toned, color) but could not find those offerings. If papaul could send me an email via my website that would be great.

Wondercoin >>

Groiny may take awhile getting ahold of Supracoins, so in the meantime, here is your requested information:
    "Wildly" toned Franklin Half Dollar.
  • Options
    Thanks for that link.

Wondercoin
  • Options
    llafoellafoe Posts: 7,220 ✭✭
    Those Franklins remind me of carnival glass!
    WANTED: Cincinnati Reds TEAM Cards
  • Options
    glad u got the link Wondercoin image

I found the two of them , Supracar and Pawpaul , in a tavern of all places !

They were both sheet-faced and bragging to each other about who's Franklins were prettier ,

since I am a teetotaler I did not stick around
  • Options
    edited May 17, 2021 8:37PM

@Groiny said:
    "Pawpaul" sent me this image ; seems some feller is selling coins on eBay he found in his attic to help with the birth of a new child .

He has lot's of monster toned one's like this that he sells very cheap !

old thread alert

Just ran across this while searching for toners.

These are relatively nicely done compared to some of what's out there now!

• Options
    koynekwestkoynekwest Posts: 10,048 ✭✭✭✭✭

AT or not-that is one gorgeous coin!

• Options

@koynekwest said:
    AT or not-that is one gorgeous coin!

ATS liked it at MS66 Star.

• Options

Wow. Ten years later now!

Justin did get his Chemistry degree from UCLA and thereafter opened “Monstercoinmart”. His love for toned coins blossomed. I think that he still owns this Franklin, as I don’t believe he has ever sold a single toned coin that he purchased in his life. I would love to “dig it out” of its safe box and present it to Justin to ask him, in his opinion, if it is the “real deal”. I’ll try to do it later this year.

I do know this- Justin’s favorite toned coin is his first year of issue, finest known (pop 1/0) 1903 United States Peso grading PCGS-PR68. I’ll post a picture of it here if someone doesn’t do so first.

Wondercoin

• Options

Wondercoin

• Options

@wondercoin said:
    Wow. Ten years later now!

Justin did get his Chemistry degree from UCLA and thereafter opened “Monstercoinmart”. His love for toned coins blossomed. I think that he still owns this Franklin, as I don’t believe he has ever sold a single toned coin that he purchased in his life. I would love to “dig it out” of its safe box and present it to Justin to ask him, in his opinion, if it is the “real deal”. I’ll try to do it later this year.

I do know this- Justin’s favorite toned coin is his first year of issue, finest known (pop 1/0) 1903 United States Peso grading PCGS-PR68. I’ll post a picture of it here if someone doesn’t do so first.

Wondercoin

Love the Justyz Collection name! Does Justin still use that name?

• Options

He uses the name, but has no “collection” with that name at present.

Wondercoin

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

Ten years later... Does the Franklin still look the same? @wondercoin... Would be interesting to see, if you or Justin can pull it out and provide pictures. Cheers, RickO

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file