Home Precious Metals
Options

Noooooo My Metals :(

Gold is down 26 bucks and silver is down a dollar. Why is it every time Ben or Obama do anything the stock market plummets and the metals take a beating?
Justin From Jersey

Successful Transactions With: JoeLewis, Mkman123, Harry779, Grote15, gdavis70, Kryptonitecomics

Comments

• Options
    OPAOPA Posts: 17,104 ✭✭✭✭✭
    All the commodities are down today.
    "Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • Options
    AUandAGAUandAG Posts: 24,539 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kind of nice, 'eh? Gives us all a new buying opportunity!

bobimage
    Registry: CC lowballs (boblindstrom), bobinvegas1989@yahoo.com
  • Options
    BaleyBaley Posts: 22,658 ✭✭✭✭✭
    those longer term moving averages are powerful attractants! doesn't take much excuse for spot prices to seek them.

Liberty: Parent of Science & Industry

• Options
    CaptHenwayCaptHenway Posts: 31,558 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Metals down because oil down because of:

linko
    Numismatist. 50 year member ANA. Winner of four ANA Heath Literary Awards; three Wayte and Olga Raymond Literary Awards; Numismatist of the Year Award 2009, and Lifetime Achievement Award 2020. Winner numerous NLG Literary Awards.
  • Options
    JimDepotJimDepot Posts: 957 ✭✭
    My PMs are in a SDB, wake me in 10 or 12 years. image

• Options
    DrBusterDrBuster Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've got 30 years hopefully before doing anything with my pile. Just wish this would drop the P pucks price down on the last 2 2010s, but we know that aint happening.
  • Options
    gecko109gecko109 Posts: 8,231

<< <i>My PMs are in a SDB, wake me in 10 or 12 years. image >>

Unless you are a PM day trader, this is the correct response. Up, down, sideways....who cares? I just never understood why some folks get so bent out of shape on 2-4% downturns, or so giddy on 2-4% upswings.
  • Options
    BanemorthBanemorth Posts: 986 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

Unless you are a PM day trader, this is the correct response. Up, down, sideways....who cares? I just never understood why some folks get so bent out of shape on 2-4% downturns, or so giddy on 2-4% upswings. >>

I was getting ready to send a shipment out to melt.
    Justin From Jersey

Successful Transactions With: JoeLewis, Mkman123, Harry779, Grote15, gdavis70, Kryptonitecomics
  • Options
    gecko109gecko109 Posts: 8,231

<< <i>

<< <i>

Unless you are a PM day trader, this is the correct response. Up, down, sideways....who cares? I just never understood why some folks get so bent out of shape on 2-4% downturns, or so giddy on 2-4% upswings. >>

I was getting ready to send a shipment out to melt. >>

How big?
  • Options
    JimDepotJimDepot Posts: 957 ✭✭

<< <i>I've got 30 years hopefully before doing anything with my pile. Just wish this would drop the P pucks price down on the last 2 2010s, but we know that aint happening. >>

I would like to see the mintage of the 2011 P pucks go way up and the price go way down.

• Options
    OPAOPA Posts: 17,104 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>I've got 30 years hopefully before doing anything with my pile. Just wish this would drop the P pucks price down on the last 2 2010s, but we know that aint happening. >>

I would like to see the mintage of the 2011 P pucks go way up and the price go way down. >>

..."The thrill is gone" ... The AP's along with the Mint is having a difficult time in getting rid of their allocation.
    "Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • Options
    yellowkidyellowkid Posts: 5,486

I like your approach, if I was a younger guy I would be doing the same, maybe longerimage
  • Options
    DrBusterDrBuster Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>

I would like to see the mintage of the 2011 P pucks go way up and the price go way down. >>

..."The thrill is gone" ... The AP's along with the Mint is having a difficult time in getting rid of their allocation. >>

I'm really just in the 2010s from the mint due to the lower mintages and the distaste with the initial gouging (silly I know). Any others I get will be selective and hopefully as close to spot as possible - Ps or the bullions.
  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My PM's are safe and secure... and I am way ahead of the game, having invested a long time ago and held (and held, and held)... Cheers, RickO
  • Options
    WingsruleWingsrule Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭✭
    Went long some Jan 2012 SLV calls this afternoon. Already up a nickel!