Home Precious Metals
Options

Where will you be if silver drops below 40 ?

2»

Comments

• Options
    I stopped buying at 13. The truck was full and Im just sitting on it.

• Options
    CoinHoarderCoinHoarder Posts: 2,471 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 14, 2021 12:18PM

Old thread alert! Whose “backing up the truck now?”

• Options
    blitzdudeblitzdude Posts: 5,464 ✭✭✭✭✭

@jmski52 said:
    Pucks might be my longterm strategy from this point forward. How lame is that?

$40+/oz pucks? Congrats! You weren't lying when you said longterm. I thought you might have a chance for close to break even (non-inflation adjusted) with these crazy premiums but not quite. Perhaps in another decade?

The whole worlds off its rocker, buy Gold™.

• Options
    BaleyBaley Posts: 22,658 ✭✭✭✭✭

Experienced stackers sell for losses to offset gains.. you know, for tax purposes 🤔

Liberty: Parent of Science & Industry

• Options
    jdimmickjdimmick Posts: 9,605 ✭✭✭✭✭

In this crazy premium time, i am not seeing the old hands buying, Most that come in are newbies, people i have never seen or heard from before that dont even know how you go about buying,

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

Buy high, sell low.... :D We watch it happen frequently. Cheers, RickO

• Options
    OPAOPA Posts: 17,104 ✭✭✭✭✭

I unloaded my truck during the last 2 years. Not going to dive in again. Good luck to those that do. B)

"Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • Options
    TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 43,863 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 15, 2021 8:37AM

Missed this thread. Was busy buying and selling. Looking back, I recall one fellow coming in the shop. He sold me 3 100 ounce silver bars at $4200 each. I saw him in a restaurant some months later as he laughed with his friends how he got me.
    I flipped them for $4300 each the next day. Fast forward ten years.
    I've waited 8 weeks for delivery of 500 ounces with a 30% premium (eagles) attached. Life flies by, but the weight remains the same. Hundred ounce bars at $3100 sounds about right.

• Options
    TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 43,863 ✭✭✭✭✭

Have a client who started stacking about 3 years ago. He won't sell me an ounce for $40. or $50. I have to wait for the "big boys" because my inventory of silver is depleted. Bear called it. Resting in peace in a king sized bed. Where is the "available" silver ?

• Options
    jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,382 ✭✭✭✭✭

$40+/oz pucks? Congrats! You weren't lying when you said longterm. I thought you might have a chance for close to break even (non-inflation adjusted) with these crazy premiums but not quite. Perhaps in another decade?

I bought my pucks in 2017 when my state came up. Sorry to disappoint you. That was the last appreciable amount of silver that I've bought, but most of my silver is 10 or 20 years older than that. I did sell a half bag of 90% in 2011 for $36+, so I can't complain that my timing was too bad. ;)

Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.