Home Precious Metals

Where will you be if silver drops below 40 ?

What camp will you be in if silver hits below 40 ?

Comments

• storm888storm888 Posts: 11,701 ✭✭✭

Strong nibbler between $38 and $33.

Watcher between $32 and $24.

Strong watcher between $23 and $14.

Below $14, STRONG buyer.

Below $10, strong nibbler.

Folks Who Bite Get Bitten. Folks Who Don't Bite Get Eaten.
  • DrBusterDrBuster Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm the lone 'truck' guy right now. Kind of off though since I only do physical, so i'd really drive my chevy to the b&m and buy whatever I could.
  • derrybderryb Posts: 36,108 ✭✭✭✭✭
    the "still looking good camp." Most of my physical was purchased for less than $17. Most of my paper (retirement accounts) was purchased around $29. When it gets to $10 I'll start cutting losses.

The decline from democracy to tyranny is both a natural and inevitable one.

• OPAOPA Posts: 17,104 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't see a: "up substantially" 100%+ check off.... I'll be biding my time. Corrections normally do not occur in a 1 or 2 day period.
    "Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,298 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pucks might be my longterm strategy from this point forward. How lame is that?image
    Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.
  • BearBear Posts: 18,954 ✭✭
    I will be hiding under my bed.image
    There once was a place called
    Camelotimage
  • fiveNdimefiveNdime Posts: 1,088 ✭✭
    back the truck up!

sitting plush with a royal flush image
    BST transactions: guitarwes; glmmcowan; coiny; nibanny; messydesk
  • morgansforevermorgansforever Posts: 8,428 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Below $40, like holding 4 Aces, I'm all in.
    World coins FSHO Hundreds of successful BST transactions U.S. coins FSHO
  • mhammermanmhammerman Posts: 3,769 ✭✭✭
    "Pucks might be my longterm strategy from this point forward. How lame is that?"

Pucks, yeah, that's the ticket.
    Can't for mine to arrive from last weeks Mint sale.
  • fishcookerfishcooker Posts: 3,446 ✭✭
    I'll be in the group who buys when these new "investors" can't stand it anymore and sell to eliminate the pain.
  • JamesMurrayJamesMurray Posts: 4,036
    I'll be in the same camp ive been since 2007 , sitting on a pile of Canadian and Australian and getting on with planting for the new season.Ive no intention of selling at any price , if it drops i buy more but it would need a heck of a drop to intice me.
  • 57loaded57loaded Posts: 4,967 ✭✭✭

<< <i>the "still looking good camp." Most of my physical was purchased for less than $17. >>

ditto

Apart from the 15oz I ordered between last week and today (puck and some rounds) I think I'm averaged at about $19-20~/oz for my measlee stack.
  • BochimanBochiman Posts: 25,284 ✭✭✭✭✭
    $41.60 right now, so it is getting close.
    As for me.....neither selling below $40 (for things sold at spot price), nor planning to buy for bullion (aside from maybe the hockey pucks).

Would have to go sub-$30 or lower for me to want to "back up the truck" on silver.....way too much manipulation and things that can be done, outside of my control, to trust in it.

I've been told I tolerate fools poorly...that may explain things if I have a problem with you. Current ebay items - Nothing at the moment

• SlangNRoxSlangNRox Posts: 774 ✭✭
    Nothing will change below $40 for me. I'll still have the same amount of silver. Don't plan on buying any more or selling any in the near future
  • secondrepublicsecondrepublic Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭
    Silver was under $20 just last fall. I bought all of mine before then so it won't matter if it drops below 40 or whatever. I'm a buyer of silver when it's under $20, not at these prices.
    "Men who had never shown any ability to make or increase fortunes for themselves abounded in brilliant plans for creating and increasing wealth for the country at large." Fiat Money Inflation in France, Andrew Dickson White (1912)
  • WingsruleWingsrule Posts: 2,977 ✭✭✭✭
    Judging by this afternoon's action, maybe sitting at the dinner table tonight.
  • renman95renman95 Posts: 7,037 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This correction shouldn't be a surprise to us here.

What was a surprise was the enormity of the August run from $18 to $49.
  • piecesofmepiecesofme Posts: 6,669 ✭✭✭
    This correction shouldn't be a surprise to us here.

Now if that isn't the statement of the year, to date? I'm in the camp that sold off most everything, but it wasn't to cut my losses as the poll asks, it was to lock in profit already realized.
    Going forward with what i kept and what i've added since my big sell off (2.5 bags of 90% was big for me), I am cautiously buying. So I didn't vote because none of the choices applied to my situation really.
    To forgive is to free a prisoner, and to discover that prisoner was you.
  • percybpercyb Posts: 3,301 ✭✭✭
    I'm on hold at the moment looking to see if we get another day of selling before stepping in with bids.
    "Poets are the unacknowledged legislators of the world." PBShelley
  • Well silver just dropped because I acquired some lol I am in at 45.50 plus the 3.50 tulving fee OUCH Good thing it was some extra cash I had laying around so I can sit on it indefinitely, but the pain is still the same. Maybe when it gets lower i will acquire some more, this will probably be a race to the bottom...
  • I'll be in bed sleeping tonight when Silver breaks below 40. image
  • DoubleEagle59DoubleEagle59 Posts: 8,174 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Back in 2008 when silver dropped from $21 to $10 practically in 24 hours, I didn't lose one minute's sleep that evening.

Things haven't changed this time around.

Still snoozing away!

"Gold is money, and nothing else" (JP Morgan, 1912)

"“Those who sacrifice liberty for security/safety deserve neither.“(Benjamin Franklin)

"I only golf on days that end in 'Y'" (DE59)
  • secondrepublicsecondrepublic Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭

<< <i> Below $14, STRONG buyer.

................ >>

Let me get this straight, if it falls to $13 you are going to buy a bunch, but if it falls to $9 you'll buy less? image I guess it depends why you think it has fallen/is falling. But that approach seems counterintuitive to me.
    "Men who had never shown any ability to make or increase fortunes for themselves abounded in brilliant plans for creating and increasing wealth for the country at large." Fiat Money Inflation in France, Andrew Dickson White (1912)
  • Most of mine was pusrchased way back at the 6-7 dollar level which was quite substantial. I made another huge purchase at the 13-14 dollar mark and have not sold any as of yet so I realy don't care at this point unless it hits $75 plus then I will consider selling some. I have 10-15 years before I am on the really want/need to sell point so I just keep riding the coaster in the mean time. :-)
    Charter member of CA, Coinaholics Anonymous-6/7/2003
    Kewpie Doll award-10/29/2007
    Successful BST transactions with Coinboy and Wondercoin.
  • what are "pucks"
  • storm888storm888 Posts: 11,701 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i> Below $14, STRONG buyer.

................ >>

Let me get this straight, if it falls to $13 you are going to buy a bunch, but if it falls to $9 you'll buy less? image I guess it depends why you think it has fallen/is falling. But that approach seems counterintuitive to me. >>

////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Silver has fallen below its production cost in the past.

Below $10, it scares me MUCH more than it does at $13.75+.

If deflation is a severe threat, we should know it by the
    time silver is in the low-teens. It would be silly to buy
    into anything that had no upward pressure.

I still think silver sees $100 before it sees $10, but I like
    to buy into stuff that I SEE going up.

Buying deflated real estate produces income; buying a
    deflated commodity can produce a two-decade wait.

Folks who have no silver should buy some.

Folks with lots of silver should consider taking some profits,
    AND/OR becoming a watcher for a bit.

Folks Who Bite Get Bitten. Folks Who Don't Bite Get Eaten.
  • SpoolySpooly Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭
    I will be a buyer at $34oz, but the charts must look right.

Si vis pacem, para bellum

In God We Trust.... all others pay in Gold and Silver!
  • jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,298 ✭✭✭✭✭
    what are "pucks"? Look Here.

Otherwise known as "America The Beautiful 5 oz. Silver Quarters", the bullion versions are distributed by Authorized Mint Distributors, and the "collector versions" are being sold directly by the Mint.

Not to be confused with the actual America The Beautiful Quarters, of which there are both clad circulating versions, and proof silver sets.

The reason I like the 5 ozers right now is because I still want to add to my silver position - in smaller bites now, but nevertheless still accumulating. The numismatic aspect keeps my interest, and so does the larger design size.
    Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.
  • Well I already woke up & it only got down to $40.335 overnight - oh well. Maybe it'll break 40 before the open of the pit session (when the day REALLY starts image ).
  • gsa1fangsa1fan Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭

<< <i>what are "pucks" >>

A big or I say huge .999 state quarter. Mint gonna ride state quarter success to infinity I suppose.

Could be they just have no more good ideas. I'm just bumfuzzeled to why a 5oz quarter designimage
    Avid collector of GSA's.

<< <i>Where will you be if silver drops below 40 ? >>

You might want to revise you thread to $30 from $40image
  • CoinCoinsCoinCoins Posts: 698 ✭✭✭
    then i'd take a dump in every pair of pants i own image
  • pmcollectourpmcollectour Posts: 1,211
    Who are the 30 people who said "backing up the truck" ?

The silver market is very overleveraged right now. Too many people bought on margin that are going to get squeezed out.
    Perhaps 28 will be the max threshold for most of them.
  • 123Slider123Slider Posts: 851 ✭✭

<< <i>Who are the 30 people who said "backing up the truck" ?

The silver market is very overleveraged right now. Too many people bought on margin that are going to get squeezed out.
    Perhaps 28 will be the max threshold for most of them. >>

I guess they are busy backing up the truck. I'm sure they will check in later image
    The best pitch to start a hitter off with is always strike one.
    As per the OP, where am I? Brazil. I saw it just hit $39.99 on Kitco. And to boot, the exchange rate is the worst I've ever personally seen. Last night I shared a 3.5 liter Tower of Power (Brahma beer) with some comrades and it cost me 50 Reais...$35! image

• << <i>As per the OP, where am I? Brazil. I saw it just hit $39.99 on Kitco. And to boot, the exchange rate is the worst I've ever personally seen. Last night I shared a 3.5 liter Tower of Power (Brahma beer) with some comrades and it cost me 50 Reais...$35! image >>

luv Brasil!

been to Rio, Bahia, Santa catarina

hopin to go this jan
    Singapore & Hong Kong March/April
    Hong kong/Long Beach JUNE Table #838
    MACAU
    emgworldwide@gmail.com
    Cell: 512.808.3197
    EMERGING MARKET GROUP
    PCGS, NGC, CCE & NCS, CGC, PSA, Auth. Dealer
  • fiveNdimefiveNdime Posts: 1,088 ✭✭

<< <i>I guess they are busy backing up the truck. I'm sure they will check in later image >>

i had to get gas. took >2oz to fill er up! image
    BST transactions: guitarwes; glmmcowan; coiny; nibanny; messydesk
    I'm one of the truck guys, I bought yesterday. No skin off my back though, just added my normal budget to the stack, not going to worry about a couple bucks on a 10oz purchase, especially when I'll put that next to my roll of $5/oz eagles.
  • Just sold my puts at a very nice profit. Buying silver today. Not a very big truck but got my Tonka backed up to the dock

<< <i>

<< <i>As per the OP, where am I? Brazil. I saw it just hit $39.99 on Kitco. And to boot, the exchange rate is the worst I've ever personally seen. Last night I shared a 3.5 liter Tower of Power (Brahma beer) with some comrades and it cost me 50 Reais...$35! image >>

luv Brasil!

been to Rio, Bahia, Santa catarina

hopin to go this jan >>

Get your Reais now.
    I got my checks from APMEX, had to hurt their feeling cutting checks for 48.28 and 50.32 per oz and the market is in a major correction! I'm going to buy all the silver back I sold at $34.....image

• No matter where you go. There you are
    Just to cheer everyone up!

<< <i>I got my checks from APMEX, had to hurt their feeling cutting checks for 48.28 and 50.32 per oz and the market is in a major correction! I'm going to buy all the silver back I sold at $34.....image >>

• cohodkcohodk Posts: 18,548 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looks like a lot of folks underwater with this store of value.
    Excuses are tools of the ignorant

Knowledge is the enemy of fear

• jdimmickjdimmick Posts: 9,583 ✭✭✭✭✭
    There going to be even more underwater after next tue
  • roadrunnerroadrunner Posts: 28,303 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>There going to be even more underwater after next tue >>

Price....tropical storm....or both?
    Barbarous Relic No More, LSCC -GoldSeek--shadow stats--SafeHaven--321gold
  • jdimmickjdimmick Posts: 9,583 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not referring to the storm, I wish all well who has to ride this out. Talking about the price and the following wed dependent on election outcome.
  • johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,409 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Nothing will change below $40 for me. I'll still have the same amount of silver. Don't plan on buying any more or selling any in the near future >>