1235»

Comments

• Options
    frankhardyfrankhardy Posts: 8,046 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cards pull to within 3.5. image

Shane

• Options
    OH YEAH! (times 2). Cardinals take 3 of 4 from the Phils and the Braves lose on a walkoff HR!!!!!!

I think the Braves can feel the Cardinals breathing down their necks!!!

Shane

• Options
    In the last four games we have seen what it will be like if by chance the Braves might make it to the playoffs. He!! Fredi will sit on his duff and tell us how tired his bullpen is and they need rest and he has to save them for the World Series. Well the pitching staff and bullpen that was supposed to take the Braves to the World Series this year has fell flat on its a$$. All these "wonderful" pitchers that The Braves have can't do anything because they are tired. The Braves trot Lowe out every few days to give the farm away. They might as well call Kawakame back up, he's no worse than what we are seeing now. I guess coming to the stadium every day has worn the pitching staff out.

You know the Braves could pay me $100,000 a year and I could accomplish the same thing and save them a ton of money. I could go out to the mound and give games away and I'm 62 years old.

I have been a Braves fan since they moved to Atlanta in '66 but I ain't never seen anything like this year.

Ron
    Collect for the love of the hobby, the beauty of the coins, and enjoy the ride.
  • Options

<< <i>In the last four games we have seen what it will be like if by chance the Braves might make it to the playoffs. He!! Fredi will sit on his duff and tell us how tired his bullpen is and they need rest and he has to save them for the World Series. Well the pitching staff and bullpen that was supposed to take the Braves to the World Series this year has fell flat on its a$$. All these "wonderful" pitchers that The Braves have can't do anything because they are tired. The Braves trot Lowe out every few days to give the farm away. They might as well call Kawakame back up, he's no worse than what we are seeing now. I guess coming to the stadium every day has worn the pitching staff out.

You know the Braves could pay me $100,000 a year and I could accomplish the same thing and save them a ton of money. I could go out to the mound and give games away and I'm 62 years old.

I have been a Braves fan since they moved to Atlanta in '66 but I ain't never seen anything like this year.

Ron >>

I really do feel your pain. The Cardinals lead the league in double plays, which always kill rallies. If the games were only 8 innings, the Cardinals would have the best record in baseball (or, close to it). I think the Cardinals lead the league in blown saves. However, they are coming on right now and playing like they should have been all year.

Shane

• Options
    they should have been winning at a .833 clip all year?
    My baseball and MMA articles-
    http://sportsfansnews.com/author/andy-fischer/

imagey
  • Options
    Einstein said E=MC²

My equation -

Lowe x any other team = +1 in the loss column

Ron
  • Options
    HyperionHyperion Posts: 7,438 ✭✭✭

<< <i>7.5 game lead with 20ish to play.

God Himself couldn't stop the Braves from making the playoffs.

image >>

post from Wednesday September 07, 2011 10:47 AM

+1!
  • Options
    It's sad is what it is just plain old sad. The Braves lose but the Astros kept them alive for 1 more day by defeating the Cardinals.
    They're pathetic.

Ron
  • Options
    mcadamsmcadams Posts: 2,611 ✭✭✭
    Keep the faith Ron.

On the bright side, we have survived the "Cliff Lee vs. Randall Delgado" matchup. If you look at all the matchups of the Braves v Phillies along with the Phillies / Astros matchups for each night of the 3 game series..... Last night was the more likely that we'd lose a game to the Cardinals. And we didn't!

Also, Lowe didn't look that bad in his last outing and I'm not giving up on him tonight. If you watched his last outing, he's made some mechanical changes to his delivery. At least he's getting outs right now.

For the final game of the season, I like my odds against anyone if Tim Hudson is on the mound. With Hudson vs. Hamels to close out the season, I'm chalking that up as a win already.

There are only 2 games remaining and the Braves control their destiny. This is where you want to be as a ballclub. Just sit back and enjoy the next 2 games....we are in the catbird seat right now. It is the Cardinals that have to worry, not us.
    Successful transactions with: thedutymon, tsalems1, davidpuddy, probstein123, lodibrewfan, gododgersfan, dialj, jwgators, copperjj, larryp, hookem, boopotts, crimsontider, rogermnj, swartz1, Counselor

Always buying Bobby Cox inserts. PM me.
  • Options
    Thank you, I needed that. I've just been a Braves fan so long and have seen so many things happen. In 1982 when they won the division, SF had to beat LA or vise versa on the last day of the season because the Braves couldn't win to get there on their on steam. With the Braves it's always something.

Ron
  • Options

<< <i>Einstein said E=MC²

My equation -

Lowe x any other team = +1 in the loss column

Ron >>

I look back at my equation and find that it still is true. Remember at the beginning of Major League, the movie, and the second movie Major League the ground crew. They always said, "They're Shi**y." Well in this case it applies to Braves also.

Ron
  • Options
    Good luck (not really) to all Braves fans. It's been fun. Let's see what happens tonight.

We're tied!!!!!!!!!!!!! image

Shane

• Options
    BrickBrick Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm not a fan of either team nor do I have any animosity for either but I do prefer the team playing well and coming back strongly make the playoffs, not the team in a slump that manages to hang on only to be swept in the first series.
    Collecting 1960 Topps Baseball in PSA 8
    http://www.unisquare.com/store/brick/

Ralph

• Options

<< <i>I'm not a fan of either team nor do I have any animosity for either but I do prefer the team playing well and coming back strongly make the playoffs, not the team in a slump that manages to hang on only to be swept in the first series. >>

I feel EXACTLY the same way. image

Shane

• Options
    I hope Fredi Gonzolaz is pleased with himself. He has managed to blow an almost insurmountable lead with less than 10 game to go in the season. I hope the Braves have better sense than to bring that *%#!>& back next year as the manager. I could have took the old men from the home out there and done better than Fredi did. The dream is over.

Ron
  • Options
    HallcoHallco Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭✭✭
    They don't deserve to be in the playoffs because of how poorly they played in September! A good season with a terrible ending. Kudos to the Cardinals who did what they had to do when the pressure was on. Thanks to everyone who posted to this thread. See you in April!
  • Options
    I kind of feel bad for the Braves. They are a class organization. Glad the Cardinals are in, but man did those Braves look dejected in that dugout after that double play.

Shane

• Options
    mcadamsmcadams Posts: 2,611 ✭✭✭
    It was a very disappointing ending, but lets be honest here. Two of our top pitchers (Hanson, Jurrjens) are out with injury and we've had guys from AAA in the rotation for quite a while now. Given the circumstances, I understand why they started losing. Mike Minor is no replacement for Jurrjens and Delgado is no replacement for Tommy Hanson. This is still a very young team (ex Chipper) and we'll be back next year and everyone on the team will be marginally better than this season. It just wasn't meant to be in 2011 and we would have been unable to win in the playoffs without Jurrjens and Hanson anyway.

Congrats to the Cardinals for a great finish.

Successful transactions with: thedutymon, tsalems1, davidpuddy, probstein123, lodibrewfan, gododgersfan, dialj, jwgators, copperjj, larryp, hookem, boopotts, crimsontider, rogermnj, swartz1, Counselor

Always buying Bobby Cox inserts. PM me.
  • Options
    I agree that they didn't deserve to be in the play-offs. It has always been said that there is no game where loosing means as little as it does in baseball due to the number of games they play. If the Braves had any one of those games back that their stupid a$$ manager sat in the dugout and watched Lowe give away back they would have at least tied for the wild card. They would have lost in the first round but it would have looked good on the resume.

Ron