Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

OFFICIAL BBCE BB Rip, SOLD OUT "Packs being Ripped" Scans posted, more on their way!!!

1235»

Comments

• Options
    bkingbking Posts: 3,095 ✭✭
    On a happier note - I'll scan and post tonight, but so far it's been a yawn results-wise, except I landed a 1974 387 Washington variation that looks REAL nice.

Still haven't opened the last of the 1974's or any of the 76's yet....
    ----------------------
    Working on the following: 1970 Baseball PSA, 1970-1976 Raw, World Series Subsets PSA, 1969 Expansion Teams PSA, Fleer World Series Sets, Texas Rangers Topps Run 1972-1989
    ----------------------

Successful deals to date: thedudeabides,gameusedhoop,golfcollector,tigerdean,treetop,bkritz, CapeMOGuy,WeekendHacker,jeff8877,backbidder,Salinas,milbroco,bbuckner22,VitoCo1972,ddfamf,gemint,K,fatty macs,waltersobchak,dboneesq
  • Options
    gemintgemint Posts: 6,075 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Whoever resealed it didn't seem to care about getting busted. Otherwise, they would have invested $0.10 in a NM-MT common instead of stuffing the pack with VG commons. Their only concern appeared to be getting the box past the pack screeners. >>

Hmm, my 80's were pretty lackluster in quality, but I wrote it off to luck of the draw. Might need to look at those more closely.image >>

See if any of the corners have wear. If they are soft on some and sharp on others, that's a red flag. A ding to the pack corner will produce a bent corner but not one with the gloss rubbed off due to heavy handing over the years.
  • Options
    I've opened two packs of 1980 and they looked OK to me. No corner wear, nothing close to the mess posted earlier. And pulled a nice though a bit OC Schmidt out of one too.

My 2 cents. I hope we get to the bottom of this, it cant get any worse than a checked off checklist.
    1955 Topps is done!
    working on 1956 Topps in PSA 6-7
  • Options
    BBCEBBCE Posts: 111
    I just spoke with Steve (he's out of the office until Monday) about the 1980 Topps Baseball Wax Box that appears to have been tampered with.
    First, we'd like to apologize for the error. As we've stated in the past nobody can be 100% when buying/selling unopened wax. We like to think that we are 99.9%, but I guess even a box can get by us. Now, we'd like to make things right. Since we have no idea who recieved packs from which box, everyone that purchased the 1980 Topps Baseball Wax Packs will receive a store credit for those packs. Everyone can keep the cards, no need to send them back. Redeeming your store credit can be done over the phone, via email, or just place a note on your order with your Collectors Universe ID.
  • Options

<< <i>On a happier note - I'll scan and post tonight, but so far it's been a yawn results-wise, except I landed a 1974 387 Washington variation that looks REAL nice.

Still haven't opened the last of the 1974's or any of the 76's yet.... >>

Were the Washington variations distributed in wax packs?
  • Options

<< <i>I just spoke with Steve (he's out of the office until Monday) about the 1980 Topps Baseball Wax Box that appears to have been tampered with.
    First, we'd like to apologize for the error. As we've stated in the past nobody can be 100% when buying/selling unopened wax. We like to think that we are 99.9%, but I guess even a box can get by us. Now, we'd like to make things right. Since we have no idea who recieved packs from which box, everyone that purchased the 1980 Topps Baseball Wax Packs will receive a store credit for those packs. Everyone can keep the cards, no need to send them back. Redeeming your store credit can be done over the phone, via email, or just place a note on your order with your Collectors Universe ID. >>

MAJOR stand-up reply, and another example of why BBCE is the place to go for unopened. image
    ----------------------
    Working on the following: 1970 Baseball PSA, 1970-1976 Raw, World Series Subsets PSA, 1969 Expansion Teams PSA, Fleer World Series Sets, Texas Rangers Topps Run 1972-1989
    ----------------------

Successful deals to date: thedudeabides,gameusedhoop,golfcollector,tigerdean,treetop,bkritz, CapeMOGuy,WeekendHacker,jeff8877,backbidder,Salinas,milbroco,bbuckner22,VitoCo1972,ddfamf,gemint,K,fatty macs,waltersobchak,dboneesq
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>On a happier note - I'll scan and post tonight, but so far it's been a yawn results-wise, except I landed a 1974 387 Washington variation that looks REAL nice.

Were the Washington variations distributed in wax packs? >>

Just keep pissin' on my day why doncha? image
    ----------------------
    ----------------------

• Options

<< <i>I just spoke with Steve (he's out of the office until Monday) about the 1980 Topps Baseball Wax Box that appears to have been tampered with.
    First, we'd like to apologize for the error. As we've stated in the past nobody can be 100% when buying/selling unopened wax. We like to think that we are 99.9%, but I guess even a box can get by us. Now, we'd like to make things right. Since we have no idea who recieved packs from which box, everyone that purchased the 1980 Topps Baseball Wax Packs will receive a store credit for those packs. Everyone can keep the cards, no need to send them back. Redeeming your store credit can be done over the phone, via email, or just place a note on your order with your Collectors Universe ID. >>

Thanks Mike. Since we don't have to return them, I opened up the other pack and it too had bent and soft corners and all commons this time. Definitely not a one-off problem with the box.
  • Options
    Had 10 packs of 1980. Was kind of puzzled when the gum card or wax stained card was in the middle of the pack. Out of all the packs I opened the only star power card was a Joe Morgan with not so great corners. Like others said, I just wrote it off.
  • Options

<< <i>Had 10 packs of 1980. Was kind of puzzled when the gum card or wax stained card was in the middle of the pack. Out of all the packs I opened the only star power card was a Joe Morgan with not so great corners. Like others said, I just wrote it off. >>

Yep, wax stains on cards in the middle of the pack are another big red flag. You don't want to write that stuff off. Whenever someone gets problem packs, they need to report them here and to the reputable sellers so they can take appropriate action.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>Had 10 packs of 1980. Was kind of puzzled when the gum card or wax stained card was in the middle of the pack. Out of all the packs I opened the only star power card was a Joe Morgan with not so great corners. Like others said, I just wrote it off. >>

Yep, wax stains on cards in the middle of the pack are another big red flag. You don't want to write that stuff off. Whenever someone gets problem packs, they need to report them here and to the reputable sellers so they can take appropriate action. >>

Understood. If I would have bought them from anyone else other than Steve, I would have reported it, but Steve is a very reputable seller. I am just glad you and others came forward. Can't believe someone actually stuck a marked checklist in a pack. That is rediculous.
  • Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,595 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hadn't opened my 1980 packs, but am very sorry to hear that the packs were NG. Kudos to Steve, though, for stepping up to correct the problem.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

Were the Washington variations distributed in wax packs? >>

Just keep pissin' on my day why doncha? image >>

No worries. I've since confirmed they were indeed distributed in wax packs. I was thinking of the 1969 WL variations which were only distributed in rack packs.
  • Options

<< <i>I hadn't opened my 1980 packs, but am very sorry to hear that the packs were NG. Kudos to Steve, though, for stepping up to correct the problem. >>

ditto. So glad Steve stands by his product!
  • Options
    I opened my one pack of 1980 Topps, and although there weren't any good cards (Greg Luzinski and Floyd Bannister were the only notable names) I don't think I got a resealed pack. All the corners were relatively sharp, the roller marks looked ok, and the wax was only on the wax card.

I'm going to open my other three 1978 OPC packs live on justin.tv in about 30 minutes at 4:45PM eastern.

justin.tv CrazyMind2017
  • Options
    SethroSethro Posts: 671 ✭✭
    Thanks for broadcasting. It was fun to watch!
    Positive transactions: Bighurt2000 - DavidPuddy - ShootyBabitt - Bosox1976 - LarryP - Captainthreeputt - Tedw9 - aconte -EAsports -Johnsteph10 -hhmag70 - depcs - TheThrill22 - scotgreb - longtimemetsfan - cadets68 - augustaman - mcholke - miconelegacy
  • Options

<< <i>Thanks for broadcasting. It was fun to watch! >>

It's fun to broadcast too. It was a shame all the cards sucked! I was really hoping for a Brett or McCovey non-RB.

You can chat when the broadcast is happening and I'll see your comments and I can respond. Justin.tv is cool like that.

Since the 1980 pack was eligible for a credit, I placed another order for two 1983 packs, a 1986 OPC wax box, and a 1990 Topps wax box (gambling on the Thomas NNOF card), so I'll probably broadcast again soon.
  • Options
    nendeenendee Posts: 557 ✭✭✭
    Am I the only one not to have received their packs yet? image
    Cubs and Purdue Fan - Ouch!

My collecting blog: http://ctcard.wordpress.com
  • Options
    BBCEBBCE Posts: 111
    Hello everyone!
    Well, I was hoping to get through vacation without having to concentrate any time on business. However, Rick contacted me today about this situation. I was in Florida for all last week watching spring training baseball. Got plenty of sunburn. No wonder everyone called me a tourist! Now I'm spending this week in Myrtle Beach with my family. I will be back in the office Monday with business as usual.

As far as the problem goes with the 1980 packs. Rick spoke earlier perfectly about the situation. We apologize for the problem. Even with us I guess one can get by the goalie occasionally! I check all the boxes that we buy to make sure our customers are getting a fresh, tamper free box. But somehow I missed this one. Maybe it was just a few packs in the box? Maybe it was most of the box? Maybe it was all of the box? We dont know. However, thats why Rick offered full store credit for BOTH boxes that we sold out of. Keep the packs you got and open them, hopefully if it was only a small amount of bad product and we may still see a hit. Again, we apologize for the problem and will always stand behind all that we sell.

Thanks and will be back in the office Monday! Until then. Rick and the rest of the guys will be handling the very day business. Steve Hart
  • Options
    Okay so I have never uploaded pictures before, and yes I came home to 41, well 32(minus 80T) goodies. What is the easiest way for me to upload pics/scans??. These babies are sweet!!! I can tell you have a 75 Mini with Rose on back tough to see, but he's there, a 74 with Murcer on back, a 74 with Carlton on back.....

Still looking ever so gently!!!!
    Miconelegacy Auctions
    "Live everyday, don't throw it away"
  • Options
    78 OPC with Bench on back!!!!!!
    Miconelegacy Auctions
  • Options
    78's looking at pack and saw #100, well looked again and it was 106, not Brett.... Still looking...
    Miconelegacy Auctions
  • Options
    78 Ron Cey on back.
    Miconelegacy Auctions
  • Options
    78 Winfield on back...
    Miconelegacy Auctions
  • Options

<< <i>Since we have no idea who recieved packs from which box, everyone that purchased the 1980 Topps Baseball Wax Packs will receive a store credit for those packs. Everyone can keep the cards, no need to send them back. >>

Oh yeah! That's what I'm talking about!
  • Options
    Only other thing I can see is a Bonds 76Traded on back.

Cool stuff!!!

Okay I'll look up how to upload the best way possible...
    Miconelegacy Auctions
  • Options
    Here are the gum sticks from my 5 packs. The thicker, shorter, stubby one on the right is from the 1980 pack. The others are from 78 OPC.

They taste pretty good when I just lick them, but I'm afraid to bite down.

• Options
    miconelegacy, just set up a photobucket account. It's easy and free. Upload the images from your camera or scanner and then post them here.
  • Options
    8 Packs of 80 Topps and 2 Gary Carters, Bucky Dent, and Ron Guidry!!! Wait.....

The 9th pack I opened just half of the top and the top card has a huge crease in it, saying "Ha, Ha I got you guys"

Stll is unbelievable people do this...
    Miconelegacy Auctions
  • Options
    Got mine today
    4-1980 packs were searched... heck, one even had a finger print melted into the glue on the back.... the packs netted me 3 Lou Whitakers, all cards had varying and inconsistent degree of damage.

My Rack & Cello run 1980-1982 was a much different story, I got one of each and the results were nice
    1980 rack with Dale Murphy back
    1981 rack with Pete Rose front
    1981 Cello with Fernando Valenzuela RC on front

thanks for the rip, I'll have to decide what to get with my 1980 pack money now =)
  • Options
    http://s1127.photobucket.com/albums/l621/miconelegacy/

A lot of fun and done for now!!! The 75's are just amazing!
    Miconelegacy Auctions
  • Options
    Very nice! Thanks for sharing. However, this one looks trimmed:

My favorite ball players throughout the years: Hank Aaron, Dale Murphy, Ellis Burks, Lance Berkman
  • Options

<< <i>8 Packs of 80 Topps and 2 Gary Carters, Bucky Dent, and Ron Guidry!!! Wait.....

The 9th pack I opened just half of the top and the top card has a huge crease in it, saying "Ha, Ha I got you guys"

Stll is unbelievable people do this... >>

Did it really have that written on the cards???
  • Options
    One of my 74's is missing a checklist - 8 cards only with the gum card being a player. Anyone ever seen that? Topps QC issue??

----------------------
    ----------------------

• Options
    No it didn't say that, but might as well have.

Miconelegacy Auctions
  • Options
    packCollectorpackCollector Posts: 2,786 ✭✭✭

<< <i>One of my 74's is missing a checklist - 8 cards only with the gum card being a player. Anyone ever seen that? Topps QC issue?? >>

all the time , topps and opc were terrible in the 70's , who cared in those days. I opened a whole box of 73 opc and the packs had either 2 or 0 checklists.

when I bought the mini cases , a friend pulled one random pack from the 4 boxes I sold him to send in for grading to put with his set, he opened the rest, go figure , the pack didn't have gum!!
  • Options
    fattymacsfattymacs Posts: 2,578 ✭✭✭
    I ripped my packs (1 each: 74,76,77), with nothing great showing up.

Thanks for setting it up.

I shared this pic with the guys at CBT awhile back. I found a use for an old screwdown card holder, made a center to hold a wax pack.

• Options
    SethroSethro Posts: 671 ✭✭
    Picked up my 5 packs of 1977 from the PO today. My luck with unopened stuff from 1977 continues to suck. The cards smell very musty and the gum and the gum card seem to have mold on them. I did get a Brett, however it looks as if it sat in the sun for a few years. I may have a submittable Gary Carter, but that seems to be about it. Oh, well.
    Positive transactions: Bighurt2000 - DavidPuddy - ShootyBabitt - Bosox1976 - LarryP - Captainthreeputt - Tedw9 - aconte -EAsports -Johnsteph10 -hhmag70 - depcs - TheThrill22 - scotgreb - longtimemetsfan - cadets68 - augustaman - mcholke - miconelegacy
  • Options
    cpamikecpamike Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭
    Hello everyone. After much internal debate (it takes me awhile), I've decide to not go against my nature and, therefore, my packs will remain sealed in their natural state. There is a mass extinction going on and I'm doing my part to help save these defenseless packs from the mad rippers out there.

Seriously though, I was working on an unopened box of 1977 wax packs hence the reason for my 12 pack purchase. Take care all and rip away.
    "The woods are lovely, dark and deep.
    But I have promises to keep,
    And miles to go before I sleep,
    And miles to go before I sleep."

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

Collecting:
    Any unopened Baseball cello and rack packs and boxes from the 1970's and early 1980s.
  • Options
    nendeenendee Posts: 557 ✭✭✭
    I still haven't gotten mine yet! image
    Cubs and Purdue Fan - Ouch!

My collecting blog: http://ctcard.wordpress.com
  • Options
    Anyone else have scans to post yet?
    1955 Topps is done!
    working on 1956 Topps in PSA 6-7
  • Options
    Well, I signed for mine today. I will be getting store credit for the ten 1980 Topps packs. I started to open them and noticed the gum was smaller then I recall. Sure enough, the cards in the middle were worn to different degrees. I happily busted my five 1978 OPC packs and pulled a Nolan Ryan(PSA 8ish), 2 Robin Younts (both OC), a few possible 9's including a Lou Brock. The 74's and 76's are staying unopened.

As for my 75 Mini packs.....I read the previous post regarding the noticeable damage to some of the packs. Sure enough, of the fifteen I bought, nine of them had it. I opened the six that looked good and pulled a Nolan Ryan(gum card) and a Brooks Robinson. I tried a couple of the damaged packs and the cards were severely mangled inside. I stopped there and will be returning them to Steve for replacement. It'll suck if a Brett of Yount is in those! One of these days I'll get one!
  • Options
    mcolney1mcolney1 Posts: 977 ✭✭✭
    I got mine. Will keep the 74 and 76 sealed for my pack collection. I busted the 80 and it seemed untampered with. Consistent ding in the upper right corner. Tony
    Collecting Topps, Philadelphia and Kellogg's from 1964-1989