Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

OFFICIAL BBCE BB Rip, SOLD OUT "Packs being Ripped" Scans posted, more on their way!!!

Comments

• Options
    Updated. We have some 74 Topps Baseball available and 76 Topps Baseball.
    Miconelegacy Auctions
    "Live everyday, don't throw it away"
  • Options
    Can we sell these last few packs left of the 74's and 76's?

Need some more slots filled. There are some really great cards to be had from those years.
    Miconelegacy Auctions
  • Options
    bkingbking Posts: 3,095 ✭✭
    Alright you wusses!!!! I'm stepping up for 1 more 74 and 76 each. Who's with me?????
    ----------------------
    Working on the following: 1970 Baseball PSA, 1970-1976 Raw, World Series Subsets PSA, 1969 Expansion Teams PSA, Fleer World Series Sets, Texas Rangers Topps Run 1972-1989
    ----------------------

Successful deals to date: thedudeabides,gameusedhoop,golfcollector,tigerdean,treetop,bkritz, CapeMOGuy,WeekendHacker,jeff8877,backbidder,Salinas,milbroco,bbuckner22,VitoCo1972,ddfamf,gemint,K,fatty macs,waltersobchak,dboneesq
  • Options
    I just hit $500 on a scratch off woo-h00! I'll take the last two mini's please!
  • Options
    flatfoot816flatfoot816 Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭
    OK OK___I'll take 2 of the '76 packs.
  • Options
    Updated. 11 74's and 11 76's left. That's all we need and we can pay and get packs by end of week!
    Miconelegacy Auctions
  • Options
    bump
    Miconelegacy Auctions
  • Options
    nendeenendee Posts: 557 ✭✭✭
    2 74's and 1 76 for me please! Thanks!
    Cubs and Purdue Fan - Ouch!

My collecting blog: http://ctcard.wordpress.com
  • Options
    Give me two more 74's and two 76's. I'll TRY keep one of each unopened. Thanks.
  • Options
    Anymore takers on the 74's and 76's?? We have to sell them out completely per BBCE for the boxes to be opened.

I just want some feedback from others, as to how long we are willing to wait to sell these out. Personally I can wait till the other packs are picked up. This box rip was put together last Thursday, so it's been out there for 4 solid days. Is there a comfortable time frame that everyone is okay with?

Just putting out there.

If possible we need some others to step up and take a few more packs. I know they aren't cheap. Here is the VCP for these packs graded as noted in another thread earlier today: (Thanks bking!)

74 PSA 8: $55, PSA 9 $105
    76 PSA 8: $51, PSA 9 No Data

I did a search earlier today on Ebay and the last pack for each year to sell went for: 74 Topps PSA 8-$70, and 76 Topps PSA 8-$88. Those are a little bit high, but someone was willing to pay that for them. I can't see these packs getting low or mid grades. My guess would be they would be in the 8 to 9 range. Maybe even a 10 or 2 if someone is lucky. There would be some small money to be made IMO.

The thing is, it doesn't come up too often to buy these years ungraded and from the most trusted source in the hobby with vintage.

Some come join our pack ripping adventure!!
    Miconelegacy Auctions
  • Options
    Toro I am hoping to do the same thing. The will power may or may not be there when the packs arive though. Still I do believe it is a good investment if graded.
    Miconelegacy Auctions
  • Options
    pdub1819pdub1819 Posts: 1,986 ✭✭✭✭
    Since the box of 80 topps is sold out, can I pay? Or are we waiting for all the boxes to sell out?
  • Options
    I don't mind waiting several extra days for my 5 cheap packs. I say give it some more time and reassess on Friday. No need to rush into any decision at this point.
  • Options
    cpamikecpamike Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭
    I agree with CrazyMind. I don't mind waiting the week and seeing where we are on Friday.

Hopefully someone else will win some lottery money and think that ripping 1974 and 1976 packs sounds cool...LOL.
    "The woods are lovely, dark and deep.
    But I have promises to keep,
    And miles to go before I sleep,
    And miles to go before I sleep."

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

Collecting:
    Any unopened Baseball cello and rack packs and boxes from the 1970's and early 1980s.
  • Options

<< <i>The thing is, it doesn't come up too often to buy these years ungraded and from the most trusted source in the hobby with vintage. >>

I also noticed this on eBay recent memory. These are great investments in the long run for graded packs. You don't see many of these come up very often that are genuine. I'm starting a graded pack collection starting in 1974(first full series) and on up. As you know, the eighties are plentiful. These packs (74-75-76) will be the toughest to find.....I may not even open the 76's I have and will likely give only one 74 a shot.

Lastly, I'm patient and can wait until sold out.
  • Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,595 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have no problem waiting till this weekend, either..

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    (3) 1974 Topps
    (3) 1976 Topps
    My favorite ball players throughout the years: Hank Aaron, Dale Murphy, Ellis Burks, Lance Berkman
  • Options
    I'll take the last 5 of the 1976 Topps
  • Options
    Mithrilman , Welcome to the boards and the group rip.To be an official group rip member, you must send me any Winfield or Eckersley you pullimage
  • Options
    One more 74 for me! Thx!

• Options
    Who wants the last 3 74's!

Then we can BBCE today!
    Miconelegacy Auctions
  • Options
    FINE!!! Put me down for one more 74....
    ----------------------
    Working on the following: 1970 Baseball PSA, 1970-1976 Raw, World Series Subsets PSA, 1969 Expansion Teams PSA, Fleer World Series Sets, Texas Rangers Topps Run 1972-1989
    ----------------------

Successful deals to date: thedudeabides,gameusedhoop,golfcollector,tigerdean,treetop,bkritz, CapeMOGuy,WeekendHacker,jeff8877,backbidder,Salinas,milbroco,bbuckner22,VitoCo1972,ddfamf,gemint,K,fatty macs,waltersobchak,dboneesq
  • Options
    bking added one more for you. Just 2 left!

Miconelegacy Auctions
  • Options
    Just to light a bit of a fire under everyone to nab those last two - there are 52 cards in the set which have a VCP in PSA 9 that is greater than the pack price, and 80 with a VCP over $40. That's between roughly 10-12% of the set right there, and almost 1/3 of the cards subbed have gotten a 9 or better.
    ----------------------
    ----------------------

• Options
    Thanks captainthreeputt for getting the last 2 to close this out!!!

Packs by the end of the week!!!! I hope..
    Miconelegacy Auctions
  • Options
    Paid:

one 74 one 75 and one 76

thanks
  • Options
    Just got off the phone with BBCE and the phone is ringing off the hook...LOL.

Paid for my two 1974 and twelve 1977 packs.

Thanks again to miconelegacy for doing all the leg work. image

Collecting:
    Any unopened Baseball cello and rack packs and boxes from the 1970's and early 1980s.
  • Options
    Just paid myself. Gotta be some good stuff coming.

GOOD LUCK TO ALL OF YOU!!!!!
    Miconelegacy Auctions
  • Options
    paid
  • Options
    paid

My favorite ball players throughout the years: Hank Aaron, Dale Murphy, Ellis Burks, Lance Berkman
  • Options
    Paid 3/22
  • Options
    Paid 3/22.

EDIT: And thanks to captainthreeputt for saving me from myself and buying the last of the 1974's. image
    ----------------------
    ----------------------

• Options
    MattyCMattyC Posts: 1,335 ✭✭
    How do we pay? I'm too lazy to comb the whole thread in case it was mentioned. Thanks.
  • Options

<< <i>How do we pay? I'm too lazy to comb the whole thread in case it was mentioned. Thanks. >>

The very first post has details.
    ----------------------
    ----------------------

• Options
    First page top of the thread. Call their number, or send by paypal. Address at top of thread.

Make sure to send your forum name if using paypal.

Glad I haven't been lazy with this thread....lol
    Miconelegacy Auctions
  • Options

<< <i>First page top of the thread. Call their number, or send by paypal. Address at top of thread.

Make sure to send your forum name if using paypal.

Glad I haven't been lazy with this thread....lol >>

Anything but.... Thanks for herding this through.
    ----------------------
    ----------------------

• Options
    pdub1819pdub1819 Posts: 1,986 ✭✭✭✭
    EDIT: Payment for 4 packs of 1980 Baseball was sent to BBCE today.
  • Options
    fattymacsfattymacs Posts: 2,578 ✭✭✭
    Just off the phone, paid. I'm heading out to the mailbox to see if it's here yet.
  • Options
    MattyCMattyC Posts: 1,335 ✭✭
    Thanks. Paid.
  • Options

<< <i>Just off the phone, paid. I'm heading out to the mailbox to see if it's here yet. >>

Got mine. image

I'd post pictures but the scanner I bought from Toro doesn't seem to work as advertised.

Collecting:
  • Options
    EchoCanyonEchoCanyon Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭
    Paid.
    (PM'ed you my confirmation email)
  • Options
    I'm Paid! Thanks for pulling this together!

• Options
    SethroSethro Posts: 671 ✭✭
    Paid! Thank you!
    Positive transactions: Bighurt2000 - DavidPuddy - ShootyBabitt - Bosox1976 - LarryP - Captainthreeputt - Tedw9 - aconte -EAsports -Johnsteph10 -hhmag70 - depcs - TheThrill22 - scotgreb - longtimemetsfan - cadets68 - augustaman - mcholke - miconelegacy
  • Options
    Paid, thanks to everyone involved!
  • Options
    Paid.
    1955 Topps is done!
    working on 1956 Topps in PSA 6-7
  • Options
    Just wanted to say your welcome to everyone thanking me. Keeping track of 288 packs in the small editing space may not be my choice in careers, but it wasn't that bad.

I have participated in I dunno, 5 or 6 of these in the past couple years, so I didn't mind.

Let's finish getting our payments in and get to rippin'!!

I will be sending at least half of mine off to be graded. I will post scans of the ones I open, and ask that you do the same for everyone to see. There is a lot of wax packs coming and they should yield some nice stuff!!!

Thanks and take care,
    Miconelegacy Auctions
  • Options
    mcolney1mcolney1 Posts: 977 ✭✭✭
    Hey, if anyone backs out on a 1977 pack I'll take one. Thanks for putting the rip together. Tony
    Collecting Topps, Philadelphia and Kellogg's from 1964-1989
  • Options
    Paid!
  • Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,595 ✭✭✭✭✭
    you have sent $697.70 USD to Steve Hart.

Payment sent! Also added payment for (4) 1977 OPC packs from the BBCE site!

Thanks again! image

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    100 woooo hooooooooo