Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

OFFICIAL BBCE BB Rip, SOLD OUT "Packs being Ripped" Scans posted, more on their way!!!

Comments

• Options
    Crazy to get 2 Winfields out of three packs. I'll take it. One thing this has driven home to me is how impressive it is to get a 10 grade on pre-1979 anything. I doubt few if any of all these cards I've seen today will garner 9s with the various defects. But it was extremely fun.

My favorite ball players throughout the years: Hank Aaron, Dale Murphy, Ellis Burks, Lance Berkman
  • Options
    Big80sBig80s Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭
    2 Winfields, a Schmidt, Stargell & Aaron in three packs is nuts!! You're living right, my friend.
    Let's Rip It: PackGeek.com
    Jeff
  • Options

<< <i>2 Winfields, a Schmidt, Stargell & Aaron in three packs is nuts!! You're living right, my friend. >>

And a Griffey Sr RC and a couple HOFers...

Dayumm.

Well done.
  • Options
    GoldlabelsGoldlabels Posts: 359 ✭✭
    Very dissapointed in my break. Not so much that I really didn't get any stars out of 5 packs of 1975 but every pack had at least the top 2-4 cards thrashed as you can see from the pic
  • Options
    DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭

<< <i>2 Winfields, a Schmidt, Stargell & Aaron in three packs is nuts!! You're living right, my friend. >>

And those packs are gonna cost you a LOT my friend because YOU are HOOKED! LOL Congrats on an AWESOME rip!
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • Options
    I'm in for the next one. That was the best group rip I've seen anyone pull off. Congrats to the OP. Multi Box sell out. Cheers to you M ! And it IS fun as heck. Didn't get what I wanted, but whahhhhhhh.
  • Options
    No packs today........ Sadly....

Waiting on:

6-74's
    12-75's
    4-76's
    4-77's
    7-78's
    9-80's

Guess will have to wait for Monday. INCREDIBLE 2 WINFIELDS IN 3 PACKS!!!!!!
    Miconelegacy Auctions
    "Live everyday, don't throw it away"
  • Options

<< <i>I'm in for the next one. That was the best group rip I've seen anyone pull off. Congrats to the OP. Multi Box sell out. Cheers to you M ! And it IS fun as heck. Didn't get what I wanted, but whahhhhhhh. >>

you must have missed the 1986 fleer basketball rip image
  • Options
    MattyCMattyC Posts: 1,335 ✭✭
    Wow. As an avid collector of Minis (#2 current set), I have to say these are amazingly well centered. Not to mention the one pack with Aaron #1 and Aaron #660 in it. The Ken Singleton card in a 9 holder would fetch around $400+ on ebay, as would almost any PSA 10 common. The Claudell in PSA 8 is a $200+ card, yet I've seen a Joe Lis on e-bay with the same even yellow line find its way into a PSA 9 holder. The Brewer, Lolich, and Fingers are also very tough high dollar cards in PSA 9.

• Options
    Wow!!!! Just beauties!!!

Miconelegacy Auctions
  • Options
    pdub1819pdub1819 Posts: 1,986 ✭✭✭✭
    Ripped my four packs of 80 baseball, no star power. Best card was a Fred Lynn and a Seaver that had a horrible wrinkle. Does PSA grade gum? BC I think those were the best things in the packs!
    BTW still had a great time doing the rip.
  • Options
    OK, I bought 2 of each pack available. Ripped one of each year so far. I'm going to post them in order, so here are my 1974's. I'm new to this, so bear with me.

The Tigers card is the gum card and pretty screwed up. The Tanner card was the wax card, lots of surface crap on front. The Robinson has a little wax stain, I think, right side. The Gibson looks pretty good to me.

I'm fairly new to grading and have no experience in 70's or later stuff, so I welcome all opinions on what I have that might be worth sending to PSA.

Thanks, Chad
    1955 Topps is done!
    working on 1956 Topps in PSA 6-7
  • Options
    Next up, my 1975 Topps Mini pack. Like an earlier poster mentioned, this pack to some kind of impact from the side and trashed a few cards on the wax side. The damage could be clearly seen on the wrapper.

These cards avoided the thrashing, for the most part.

These two have some noticeable damage, see lower left side.

These two got damaged big time. Of course, the first card I see when I open the pack has Mickey Mantle on it, and the card is trashed. image

Again, I welcome all opinions on my cards and their potential for grading.

Thanks, Chad
    1955 Topps is done!
  • Options
    Send the Mantle/Wills to Topps for a replacement. People do it now with current stuff, I'd love to see the look on the person's face who opens that letter.
  • Options
    Send the Mantle/Wills to Topps for a replacement. People do it now with current stuff, I'd love to see the look on the person's face who opens that letter.

With that said, do you think the damage was in transit or before the packs were ever put in the box? If the damage is showing through the wrapper...and if more than one person had this happen, I'm not sure it was in transit b/c I know how BBCE packs their stuff. It's definitely concerning the thought they would knowingly put damaged packs in there. But like I said, they pack their stuff VERY well so it's highly unlikely it would have happened in transit.
  • Options
    Nice stuff with the 75's, but you guys have me worried as I have 12 packs coming. It seems that this damage is coming from the same side of the cards and looks more like damage from maybe the box rather than through the mail??

I guarantee you that if a box was damaged Steve at BBCE wouldn't have sent us packs from that box, nor sell them at all. It more than likely is the chance we take, and just may be damage from when the boxes where packaged up back in 1975 in the case. I hope we don't see a lot more of things like this and sorry a few of you have had that experience.
    Miconelegacy Auctions
  • Options
    There is no way this damage happened in transit, IMO. The packs were packaged well, and the pack looked like it took a very specific strike at that location. And it's only the 1975's, all other packs are fine. I have the other 75 pack still unopened, you can see similar damage on it but to a lesser degree.

IMHO, it's very likely damage that occurred at Topps during packaging. It could also have occurred during its life in the box, but if this was the case, the box would certainly show it.

Now I wish I had taken a picture of it unopened. I'll post a pic of the wrapper asap.

Chad
    1955 Topps is done!
  • Options
    OK, here's my best attempt at showing the wrapper from the damaged 1975 Mini pack.

The tear further away from the corner shows that something struck the pack in that area, with enough force to create that tear. It's almost as if a stack of packs struck a support bar or something on the line. Maybe a more experienced collector can shed more light on this.

<<edit to say that it looks like a broad impact across the distance from the tear to the corner, as this whole area was pushed in slightly on the un-opened pack. The cards also support this, versus impact by a thin edge.>>

Chad
    1955 Topps is done!
  • Options
    jeffcbayjeffcbay Posts: 8,948 ✭✭✭✭
    That's common factory damage.

These are some of the best group of centered Minis I've ever seen! Nice cards so far!
  • Options
    EAsportsEAsports Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Wow. As an avid collector of Minis (#2 current set), I have to say these are amazingly well centered. Not to mention the one pack with Aaron #1 and Aaron #660 in it. The Ken Singleton card in a 9 holder would fetch around $400+ on ebay, as would almost any PSA 10 common. The Claudell in PSA 8 is a $200+ card, yet I've seen a Joe Lis on e-bay with the same even yellow line find its way into a PSA 9 holder. The Brewer, Lolich, and Fingers are also very tough high dollar cards in PSA 9.

image >>

Yeah.... we're gonna need to see some bigger scans of the Lolich and a couple of the others.

WOW.
    My LSU Autographs

Only an idiot would have a message board signature.
  • Options
    bkingbking Posts: 3,095 ✭✭
    I'm going through the packs, deciding which to sub and which to rip, and what do I see on the wax side of my 1st 74 pack?

Hmmm.. Either a good omen or a bad one.

----------------------
    Working on the following: 1970 Baseball PSA, 1970-1976 Raw, World Series Subsets PSA, 1969 Expansion Teams PSA, Fleer World Series Sets, Texas Rangers Topps Run 1972-1989
    ----------------------

Successful deals to date: thedudeabides,gameusedhoop,golfcollector,tigerdean,treetop,bkritz, CapeMOGuy,WeekendHacker,jeff8877,backbidder,Salinas,milbroco,bbuckner22,VitoCo1972,ddfamf,gemint,K,fatty macs,waltersobchak,dboneesq
  • Options
    Should be a bunch of packs being delivered today...
    Miconelegacy Auctions
  • Options
    Got mine in today's mail..... four packs of 78 OPC and one pack of 80 Topps. Looks like the Topps pack suffered a bit of damage on the lower left corner, but the OPC packs should be ok.

I'm going to bust open one of the OPC packs live on justin.tv in a few minutes if anyone wants to watch.

Justin.tv - CrazyMind2017

I'll be on there in about 20 minutes, so figure 5:15PM eastern time.
  • Options
    Broadcasting live right now!
  • Options
    Coolness ! Very fun stuff.
  • Options
    gumbyfangumbyfan Posts: 5,168 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I'm going through the packs, deciding which to sub and which to rip, and what do I see on the wax side of my 1st 74 pack?

Hmmm.. Either a good omen or a bad one.

image >>

Amos Otis / Cesar Cedeno?
  • Options
    al032184al032184 Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭
    I received my packs today. I added on a 75, 2x 78, and 2x 79 topps packs, as well as 84 & 85 topps rack boxes. I am saving a pack from each year for a topps pack run. The packs I opened did not have anything worth scanning, nothing at all. I am working on the rack boxes, I hope they are better.
    How many cards in the 76 and 77 packs? I only had 6 in the 76 and 8 in the 77.
  • Options
    Sadly, none of my 41 packs arrived today??? Tomorrow is another day. I paid on Tuesday last week, wonder when they got shipped? No worries, patience can have a sickly upside...

Where the F are my packs!!!! JK..

Keep the great cards coming!!
    Miconelegacy Auctions
  • Options
    Ripped my 2 packs of minis. Only star was a Fred Lynn thats probably an 8 or 8.5 due to a slight diamond cut. Centering overall was decent, just a lack of star power. Thanks, had a great time ripping.
  • Options

Free leftovers of this rip to the first person posting back that could use them. Total beauties besides the centering. Just PM and will send tomorrow.

• Options
    gameusedhoopgameusedhoop Posts: 3,558 ✭✭✭
    Any NM 74's could go towards my partial set if you don't need-want them.
  • Options
    The lot is on it's way tomorrow, snail mail of course but protected secure. The cards are in fine shape.
  • Options
    EchoCanyonEchoCanyon Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭

My package arrived today, and since my b-day is Sunday (hint for anyone who wants to send me Mets cards), I'm going to wait and treat myself.
  • Options
    ConstantineConstantine Posts: 2,358 ✭✭✭

<< <i>My package arrived today, and since my b-day is Sunday (hint for anyone who wants to send me Mets cards), I'm going to wait and treat myself. >>

You got more patience than I do! That would be more like torture than a treat to me. image
  • Options
    Speaking of Mets, I'm finishing watching Donald Trump's Fabulous World of Golf. He invited David Wright and Johnny Damon to play. Damon needed a partner for a little NY vs. Boston. So Johnny calls Derek Lowe, who is a 1 handicap. I really love watching this show. Just ended eastern time. Check it out sometime. It's all about Donald's business with golf, and he is always having sports stars join him on the course.

Tough life. "Hey I think I'll invite David Wright and a couple World Series Champions to come play with me"

On another note, I will publicly say, if Donald runs for President, I will take a vote with him very seriously.

It's time to start running this country a little more like a smart, educated, successful business!!
    Miconelegacy Auctions
  • Options
    EchoCanyonEchoCanyon Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭

<< <i> On another note, I will publicly say, if Donald runs for President, I will take a vote with him very seriously. >>

He's not, it's just a PR ploy to get him even most TV time and have people tune into Celebrity Apprentice.
  • Options
    leathtechleathtech Posts: 3,191
    If anyone would like to get rid of their 1975 mini's please let me know... I'm trying to build a set from packs that have been ripped via the PSA breaks.
  • Options
    Well, I couldn't resist. I ripped em all, 2 of each pack. See earlier pix for 1974 / 1975 1st packs. There was not much of note in the first 76-80 packs.

Here are the highlights from my rip of the 2nd packs. First, 74-75, yeah, not much to get excited about.

Next, the 76's. The Brooks looks really good to me. Just threw te Ruth in there because its cool, its pretty badly OC.

A couple of somewhat interesting 77's.

And the last 78 OPC pack. And there it was, the Murray RC. No gum stain, no wax, but easily the worst cut card in any of the packs.

Those are the highlights. Anxiously awaiting everyone else's scans, this is fun.
    1955 Topps is done!
  • Options
    I looked through a few vending cases of that Eddie Murray rookie year, and it was always o/c in the vending too.
    Some Murray's were more o/c then other Murray's, but finding a dead centered one was virtually impossible.
  • Options
    packCollectorpackCollector Posts: 2,786 ✭✭✭
    95% of 78 opc murrays are cut that way, I have pulled about 10 from packs over the years and they all look the same, still a fun pull. congrats
  • Options
    gemintgemint Posts: 6,075 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well my packs arrived and I only opened one so far (1980). Very disappointed. I'll have to contact Steve. I was a bit suspicious when I went to open the pack and noticed the flap was stuck to the card (bad sign). Then as I went through the cards, it went from concern to fear. Third up was Willie Stargell (woohoo). Problem is, the card is VG-EX with worn corners. The commons around it have sharp corners. Then I find other cards in the pack that are EXish condition. Final confirmation comes when I get to the last card, Expos Team. The card is VG at best and the checklist is marked! The corner folds actually look good, so whoever resealed it took great care to make the corners of the pack look good. I hope he tracks who he bought that trash box from so he can blacklist them.

• Options
    DavidPuddyDavidPuddy Posts: 3,483 ✭✭✭
    "The Sipe market is ridiculous right now"
    CDsNuts, 1/9/15
  • Options
    gameusedhoopgameusedhoop Posts: 3,558 ✭✭✭

<< <i>The card is VG at best and the checklist is marked >>

Now that is probably a bad sign!
  • Options
    al032184al032184 Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭
    How many cards were supposed to be in the 76 and 77 packs?
  • Options
    Uh-oh

• Options
    pdub1819pdub1819 Posts: 1,986 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I looked through a few vending cases of that Eddie Murray rookie year, and it was always o/c in the vending too.
    Some Murray's were more o/c then other Murray's, but finding a dead centered one was virtually impossible. >>

During a previous group rip, I pulled a Topps Murray rookie and it ended up grading an 8OC. So I feel your pain!
  • Options
    gemintgemint Posts: 6,075 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Whoever resealed it didn't seem to care about getting busted. Otherwise, they would have invested $0.10 in a NM-MT common instead of stuffing the pack with VG commons. Their only concern appeared to be getting the box past the pack screeners.
  • Options
    bkingbking Posts: 3,095 ✭✭

<< <i>Whoever resealed it didn't seem to care about getting busted. Otherwise, they would have invested $0.10 in a NM-MT common instead of stuffing the pack with VG commons. Their only concern appeared to be getting the box past the pack screeners. >>

Hmm, my 80's were pretty lackluster in quality, but I wrote it off to luck of the draw. Might need to look at those more closely.image
    ----------------------
    Working on the following: 1970 Baseball PSA, 1970-1976 Raw, World Series Subsets PSA, 1969 Expansion Teams PSA, Fleer World Series Sets, Texas Rangers Topps Run 1972-1989
    ----------------------

Successful deals to date: thedudeabides,gameusedhoop,golfcollector,tigerdean,treetop,bkritz, CapeMOGuy,WeekendHacker,jeff8877,backbidder,Salinas,milbroco,bbuckner22,VitoCo1972,ddfamf,gemint,K,fatty macs,waltersobchak,dboneesq
  • Options
    GarabaldiGarabaldi Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭
    That is not a good sign.