Home U.S. Coin Forum

1964-D Peace $: PCGS said...

124»

Comments

• NotSureNotSure Posts: 2,978 ✭✭✭

<< <i>on a side note, check out this auction.

Auction >>

This auction was just bammed!!!

edited to add: 5 hours or so left, stood at $355 last I looked maybe 20 mins before I noticed it got zapped.
    I'll come up with something.
  • Things could get interesting now , if ebay isn't playing ball with these.

<< <i>

<< <i>

Auction >>

edited to add: 5 hours or so left, stood at $355 last I looked maybe 20 mins before I noticed it got zapped. >>

O.K. Who got it banned? 99% chance someone from here did it. >>

I'd say more like 100%.
  • renman95renman95 Posts: 7,037 ✭✭✭✭✭
    OK, I got my question answered. I was following this auction....then poofski. There are 7 other "Fantasy" auctions on the 'bay as of this time. I wonder if said snitch will get them bammed too?

• << <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>

Auction >>

edited to add: 5 hours or so left, stood at $355 last I looked maybe 20 mins before I noticed it got zapped. >>

O.K. Who got it banned? 99% chance someone from here did it. >>

I'd say more like 100%. >>

I did not get a chance to see the add before it was pulled. Did he use some misleading information in his add?, There are currenly around 8 active sales going on and six completed. One seller has sold 5 of the die 5 coins for $335 a piece, nice return on the initial sale price.

ebay link
  • Tdec1000Tdec1000 Posts: 3,851 ✭✭✭
    oops... edited to add, I was looking at the wrong coin.
    Awarded the coveted "You Suck" Award on 22 Oct 2010 for finding a 1942/1 D Dime in silver, and on 7 Feb 2011 Cherrypicking a 1914 MPL Cent on Ebay!

Successful BST Transactions!SIconbuster, Meltdown, Mission16, slothman2000, RGjohn, braddick, au58lover, allcoinsrule, commemdude, gerard, lablade, PCcoins, greencopper, kaz, tydye, cucamongacoin, mkman123, SeaEaglecoins, Doh!, AnkurJ, Airplanenut, ArizonaJack, JJM,Tee135,LordMarcovan, Swampboy, piecesofme, Ahrensdad,
  • image exaggerated advertising and misleading category, nothing new here since we all know that's what going to happen. I hope the buyer knows what he/she is buying!
  • I think once the inital flippers are done, there will not be many of these on ebay to pull. The numbers of the proofs and the sandblast mattes are so low the sales will be few and far between.
  • I thought about this for a minute , wouldn't reporting one sellers auction attract more attention to another sellers offerings ? Do you follow ? As mentioned there's quite a few for sell , offing the competition is a possibility.
  • llafoellafoe Posts: 7,220 ✭✭
    Whoever got the one bammed is slacking... wonder if it was actually bammed or if the seller had an offer they couldn't refuse.
    WANTED: Cincinnati Reds TEAM Cards

<< <i>Whoever got the one bammed is slacking... wonder if it was actually bammed or if the seller had an offer they couldn't refuse. >>

It'll be fun to see when 'The Bammer' gets this auction bammed. Same seller, with just 2 plus days left (just in case it gets the boot). Daniel Carr's wares gets enough exposure in the exonumia category anyway, so, once they are relegated there, 'The Bammer/Bammers' won't have any complaing to do.....and I'd expect the prices to stay the course, for now.
  • Dude , no offence but if i were the seller i wouldn't be pleased to see links to my auction being set up for knocking down , your just tempting fate posting links man.

• << <i>

<< <i>Whoever got the one bammed is slacking... wonder if it was actually bammed or if the seller had an offer they couldn't refuse. >>

It'll be fun to see when 'The Bammer' gets this auction bammed. Same seller, with just 2 plus days left (just in case it gets the boot). Daniel Carr's wares gets enough exposure in the exonumia category anyway, so, once they are relegated there, 'The Bammer/Bammers' won't have any complaing to do.....and I'd expect the prices to stay the course, for now. >>

Thats the same seller that already sold five of the die 5 coins for $335, looks like the price has gone up for the more common die 5 series.
  • CaptHenwayCaptHenway Posts: 31,996 ✭✭✭✭✭

Ya think?
    How many sales of these have been completed in the past month or so unmolested, yet one sale ends without explanation and the paranoids scream conspiracy?
    I think as little of fleaBay as I do of these pieces. If their buyers want to practice Darwinism in action, they can go right ahead as far as I am concerned.
    Numismatist. 50 year member ANA. Winner of four ANA Heath Literary Awards; three Wayte and Olga Raymond Literary Awards; Numismatist of the Year Award 2009, and Lifetime Achievement Award 2020. Winner numerous NLG Literary Awards.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file