Home U.S. Coin Forum

I hate snow

Well, I'm buried almost up to my knees here. Time to spend my only day off shoveling. Please post a untoned snow white coin.

Comments

• AngryTurtleAngryTurtle Posts: 1,564 ✭✭✭
    Think of it as a workout without having to go to the gym.
  • 19Lyds19Lyds Posts: 26,490 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Think of it as a workout without having to go to the gym. >>

Not really.

It's a pain in the butt which is why I do not miss Denver in the least.
    I decided to change calling the bathroom the John and renamed it the Jim. I feel so much better saying I went to the Jim this morning.

The name is LEE!
  • FlatwoodsFlatwoods Posts: 4,122 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'll trade you three inches of ice for some snow. image
  • BAJJERFANBAJJERFAN Posts: 31,067 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I shoveled yesterday so yours should have arrived pre-shoveled!!image
    theknowitalltroll;
  • dsessomdsessom Posts: 2,281 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Send some my way! I love snow and have only seen flurries this year! (I HATE Oklahoma!)

Anyway, since I am so darned proud of my latest newp and it's white (more or less), here ya go!

Dwayne Sessom
  • I wish I didn't have work today. Even with all the snow we got I had to come in. Best part is im just sitting here doing nothing but going on the net with my cell lol.
  • OKbustchaserOKbustchaser Posts: 5,478 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Send some my way! I love snow and have only seen flurries this year! (I HATE Oklahoma!)

>>

Bite your tongue!!! One of the best things about living in Oklahoma is its usual lack of snow. The first flake that falls every year is one flake more than is EVER necessary.
    Just because I'm old doesn't mean I don't love to look at a pretty bust.
  • I love the shoveling. Great exercise with very little sweating. I do enjoy having a garage for the cars though. Warming them up, cleaning them off, and digging them out is no fun. Watching the garbage, USPS, & UPS trucks slide down the street, now that's fun.
  • blu62vetteblu62vette Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is my snow coin:

http://www.bluccphotos.com" target="new">BluCC Photos Shows for onsite imaging: Nov Baltimore, FUN, Long Beach http://www.facebook.com/bluccphotos" target="new">BluCC on Facebook
  • JazzmanJABJazzmanJAB Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭✭
    These are from the Darkside Up North.

imageimage

imageimage

imageimage

Edited to add more snowflakes and to express my hatred toward snow and to credt photography, as to they are not my pictures and stolen from E-Bay.

• etexmikeetexmike Posts: 6,811 ✭✭✭
    I got about 3 inches of snow this past Sunday here in the East Texas area. Had a pretty good melt yesterday so we are looking better. Temps in the teens at night is making the process very slow however. image

Mike
  • BroadstruckBroadstruck Posts: 30,497 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sold the snowblower and got a new snowbarker...

imageimage
    To Err Is Human.... To Collect Err's Is Just Too Much Darn Tootin Fun!
  • lkeigwinlkeigwin Posts: 16,892 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm with you about snow!

We had 1/10" of frost on the cars this week. I even had to use the defroster. What a pain.
    Lance.

• PipestonePetePipestonePete Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's a beautiful '43, Lance.....what's the grade? 68?
  • rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just finished clearing nine inches of snow...... I do not like snow. On the other hand, I do like blast white coins... do not have to shovel them. image Cheers, RickO
  • lkeigwinlkeigwin Posts: 16,892 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>That's a beautiful '43, Lance.....what's the grade? 68? >>

Nice guess!
    Lance.
  • anablepanablep Posts: 5,093 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just shoveled about a foot.

Love the snow & would shovel another foot no problem...

I have no snow white Morgans to show... but you already know that!
    Always looking for attractive rim toned Morgan and Peace dollars in PCGS or (older) ANA/ANACS holders!

"Bongo hurtles along the rain soaked highway of life on underinflated bald retread tires."

~Wayne
  • we got about 20 inches here in CT last night. i got the day off. i used to love it when i was a kid. now i can`t stand the stuff.

my ebay items BST transactions/swaps/giveaways with: Tiny, raycyca,mrpaseo, Dollar2007,Whatafind, Boom, packers88, DBSTrader2, 19Lyds, Mar327, pontiacinf, ElmerFusterpuck.
  • Taking a break to get some lunch. This is no workout, it is more of a pain in the ass. O' well, got to get back out there. I think after this year Im moving to Arizona. BTW Todd your Morgan is outstanding and I am not a Morgan fan. I dont own any blast white coins. I'm a toner guy image
  • canadanzcanadanz Posts: 618 ✭✭
    I moved to the South to get away from the snow in Canada. A lot of good that did me image
  • chumleychumley Posts: 2,305 ✭✭✭✭
    snow is just starting here in my part of Maine...one advantage of a bad heart is I get to watch others shovel...the other advantage is ................
  • AUandAGAUandAG Posts: 24,732 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I thought New Jersey was the garden state.

We had an inch last week. First and last snow of the year.

bobimage

Vegas Baby!!

here's a white one with snow flakes falling.
    Registry: CC lowballs (boblindstrom), bobinvegas1989@yahoo.com
  • PerryHallPerryHall Posts: 45,996 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>i used to love it when i was a kid. now i can`t stand the stuff. >>

Ditto. Snow sucks.

Worry is the interest you pay on a debt you may not owe.
    "Paper money eventually returns to its intrinsic value---zero."----Voltaire
    "Everything you say should be true, but not everything true should be said."----Voltaire

• BobSavBobSav Posts: 935 ✭✭✭
    A foot of snow outside and my house in Florida is empty, there is something wrong with this picture image

Bob
    Past transactions with:
    Lordmarcovan, WTCG, YogiBerraFan, Phoenin21, LindeDad, Coll3ctor, blue594, robkoll, Mike Dixon, BloodMan, Flakthat and others.
  • ambro51ambro51 Posts: 13,771 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nothing nicer than sitting in a warm cozy recliner with a blanket on...a cat curled up on the lap, a nice hot coffee to drink....watching showflakes fall and the trees take on a white covering.

I still like that part its the going out in it Im not a big fan of anymore.

• RMLTM79RMLTM79 Posts: 549 ✭✭✭
    65 and sunny in AZ image
  • drddmdrddm Posts: 5,346 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Got quite a few inches of the white stuff here on Long Island in NY.

The 1814 E/A CBH is as close to snow white as I have in my CBH collection and the 1883 NC Lib Nickel is pretty much white, so I guess that one fits the bill.

• Being 13 snow is awesome. It is how I make money in the winter to buy coins. No school today and I made over $100 shoveling snow this morning. Woohoo!
  • atarianatarian Posts: 3,116
    Spend the night driving my paid ambulance in the muck. Highways became no lanes.

Clara Mass Hosp. 9pm

Pompton ave Cedar grove 1020p

last 3 were Rt. 46 from Totowa to clifton around 12am

The ride home in my sunfire was worst.

1 spin out on Rt 80. followed by going side ways down 80 for 1/4 mi with a cop with lights behind me waiting for me to spin out again. ( when i saved it he turned the lights off).
    and then on the Garden state parkway the salting they did at the toll booth iced everything up and slid sideways nearly taking out a toll booth.( i think i scratched the back bumper with the toll booth. All at 20mph Even at slow speeds a poorly designed car will not do justice.
    Founder of the NDCCA. *WAM Count : 025. *NDCCA Database Count : 2,610. *You suck 6/24/10. <3 In memory of Tiggar 5/21/1994 - 5/28/2010 <3
  • LoveMyLibertyLoveMyLiberty Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭

We love the snow. It normally lasts for 5 months & makes the year worth while.

Here are some of those snow white coins you wanted to see.

We're about half our snowfall already, but may have to get a snowblower like this one!

My Type Set

R.I.P. Bear image
  • mrearlygoldmrearlygold Posts: 17,858 ✭✭✭
    I would happily pay to rent a chalet in the Pocono's or maybe upstate NY for a month ( long as we have a cable net connection and fedex ) from end of nov or so to mid january just to enjoy what y'all are getting up there and then quickly drive back down South image Why drive? Cause we have a 4wd Jeep that's never been popped in the 4wd here in SW Fla. That's why.

I TRIED to do that last year in the Pocono's and realtors thought I was crazy and didn't help locate a rental. Can you imagine?

Bet they wish we called them this yearimage
  • jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,694 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Here is a snowy-white coin.

imageimage
    imageimage
    imageimage
    imageimage
    imageimage
    Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.

• << <i>Being 13 snow is awesome. It is how I make money in the winter to buy coins. No school today and I made over $100 shoveling snow this morning. Woohoo! >>

I was preying that some kid with a shovel would walk by. I easily given him a $100 to do the job. I guess kids in my neighborhood are lazy.
  • BroadstruckBroadstruck Posts: 30,497 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I would happily pay to rent a chalet in the Pocono's or maybe upstate NY for a month ( long as we have a cable net connection and fedex ) from end of nov or so to mid january just to enjoy what y'all are getting up there and then quickly drive back down South image Why drive? Cause we have a 4wd Jeep that's never been popped in the 4wd here in SW Fla. That's why.

I TRIED to do that last year in the Pocono's and realtors thought I was crazy and didn't help locate a rental. Can you imagine?

Bet they wish we called them this yearimage >>

mrearlygold, I could next day air you some snow...

Would you like the white or yellow variety imageimage

imageimage
    To Err Is Human.... To Collect Err's Is Just Too Much Darn Tootin Fun!
  • 66RB66RB Posts: 2,516 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I would happily pay to rent a chalet in the Pocono's or maybe upstate NY for a month ( long as we have a cable net connection and fedex ) from end of nov or so to mid january just to enjoy what y'all are getting up there and then quickly drive back down South image Why drive? Cause we have a 4wd Jeep that's never been popped in the 4wd here in SW Fla. That's why.

Maybe they did you a favor.....generally speaking, the first vehicles you usually see spun out or slid into the median are the overconfident 4wd SUV ownersimage
  • droopyddroopyd Posts: 5,381 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Send some my way! I love snow and have only seen flurries this year! (I HATE Oklahoma!) >>

Lotsa reasons not to like the Sooner state without even going into the weather.
    Me at the Springfield coin show:
    60 years into this hobby and I'm still working on my Lincoln set!
  • BaleyBaley Posts: 22,659 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just had a wonderful visit to the Colorado snow (Breckenridge) from Sunny San Diego! I LOVES me some SNOW!

imageimage

Liberty: Parent of Science & Industry

• bretts911bretts911 Posts: 764 ✭✭✭
    lol never lived up north to see snow but live in The FL panhandle and always want it to snow lol. It did actually snow last year around february for about an hour it was pretty cool.
  • IrishMikeyIrishMikey Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭
    The snow has been falling by the foot in the Colorado mountains -- the ski industry loves it. Down
    here in Denver (which I LOVE!) we have about 8 inches on the ground, but it will be in the 50's by
    the end of the week.

Nothing blast white to show -- I much prefer originality.
  • mrearlygoldmrearlygold Posts: 17,858 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

mrearlygold, I could next day air you some snow...

Would you like the white or yellow variety imageimage

imageimage >>

Make my next ones thin with extra cheese please image
  • Dog97Dog97 Posts: 7,874 ✭✭✭
    Reminds me of aj oke.
    It's late fall and the Indians on a remote reservation in Montana asked their new chief if the coming winter was going to be cold or mild.

Since he was a chief in a modern society, he had never been taught the old secrets. When he looked at the sky, he couldn't tell what the winter was going to be like.
    Nevertheless, to be on the safe side, he told his tribe that the winter was indeed going to be cold and that the members of the village should collect firewood to be prepared. But, being a practical leader, after several days, he got an idea.He went to the phone booth, called the National Weather Service and asked,
    'Is the coming winter going to be cold?'

'It looks like this winter is going to be quite cold,' the
    meteorologist at the weather service responded.

So the chief went back to his people and told them to collect even more firewood in order to be prepared.

A week later, he called the National Weather Service again. 'Does it still look like it is going to be a very cold winter?'
    'Yes,' the man at National Weather Service again replied, 'it's going to be a very cold winter.'

The chief again went back to his people and ordered them to collect every scrap of firewood they could find.

Two weeks later, the chief called the National Weather Service again. 'Are you absolutely sure that the winter is going to be very cold?'
    'Absolutely,' the man replied. 'It's looking more and more like it is going to be one of the coldest winters we've ever seen.'
    'How can you be so sure?' the chief asked.
    The weatherman replied, 'The Indians are collecting an unusually large amount of firewood.'
    Change that we can believe in is that change which is 90% silver.
  • You wouldn't enjoy the warmth without the cold, and i am guessing white coins make us like the toned ones, or something like that. Good luck with the snow, i got some ice on my driveway, shovel just likes to bounce off it.
    Winner of the "You Suck!" award March 17, 2010 by LanLord, doh, 123cents and Bear.
  • ElKevvoElKevvo Posts: 4,099 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was preying that some kid with a shovel would walk by. I easily given him a $100 to do the job. I guess kids in my neighborhood are lazy.

Uh you can get arrested for that! (preying vs. praying) image

K
    ANA LM
  • ChrisRxChrisRx Posts: 5,619 ✭✭✭✭
    What did Rick ever do to you?
  • OKbustchaserOKbustchaser Posts: 5,478 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>You wouldn't enjoy the warmth without the cold, and i am guessing white coins make us like the toned ones, or something like that. Good luck with the snow, i got some ice on my driveway, shovel just likes to bounce off it. >>

Sure you can. Give me 105 degrees F in the shade any time. I hate being cold. I REALLY hate being cold and wet. There is absolutely nothing good about snow in a flat area.
    Just because I'm old doesn't mean I don't love to look at a pretty bust.
  • We've got maybe two feet, and the temp is holding steady at -35 and it's high 12:42 PM. Might see -50 before morning.
  • ChrisRxChrisRx Posts: 5,619 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>We've got maybe two feet, and the temp is holding steady at -35 and it's high 12:42 PM. Might see -50 before morning. >>

When does it get cold?
  • January is the coldest month around here, though we did -65 in December.
  • ctf_error_coinsctf_error_coins Posts: 15,433 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am sitting here in shorts and a tee shirt and went mountain biking today.

It's tough here in Southern (I can can see Mexico from my backyard) California image
  • BillJonesBillJones Posts: 33,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    "I hate snow!"

And that's why we life in Florida. I just saw on the Internet that Florida is only state in the Union that does not have any snow on the ground, but it's still darn cold down here. There are freeze warning out for tonight. image
    Retired dealer and avid collector of U.S. type coins, 19th century presidential campaign medalets and selected medals. In recent years I have been working on a set of British coins - at least one coin from each king or queen who issued pieces that are collectible. I am also collecting at least one coin for each Roman emperor from Julius Caesar to ... ?

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file