Home U.S. Coin Forum

I hate snow

2»

Comments

• EagleEyeEagleEye Posts: 7,677 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorry, but I love seeing all those snow pictures. ....From Tucson, that is.

(Just keep it a lower-case S please.)
    Rick Snow, Eagle Eye Rare Coins, Inc.Check out my new web site:
  • coinnutcoinnut Posts: 1,432 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tell me about it.

• Tdec1000Tdec1000 Posts: 3,851 ✭✭✭

<< <i>January is the coldest month around here, though we did -65 in December.
    >>

Where abouts do you live? I live in sunny Anchorage image
    Awarded the coveted "You Suck" Award on 22 Oct 2010 for finding a 1942/1 D Dime in silver, and on 7 Feb 2011 Cherrypicking a 1914 MPL Cent on Ebay!

Successful BST Transactions!SIconbuster, Meltdown, Mission16, slothman2000, RGjohn, braddick, au58lover, allcoinsrule, commemdude, gerard, lablade, PCcoins, greencopper, kaz, tydye, cucamongacoin, mkman123, SeaEaglecoins, Doh!, AnkurJ, Airplanenut, ArizonaJack, JJM,Tee135,LordMarcovan, Swampboy, piecesofme, Ahrensdad,
  • MaineJimMaineJim Posts: 746 ✭✭✭✭✭
    We got 18" of snow today - even had to shovel the roof just to be safe. It was a light snow but the 40 mph wind kept me busy. I don't hate snow and enjoy the nor'easters. If I'm gonna be here in the cold might as well have some interesting storms.

Maine_Jim
  • I live in Ft. Yukon.....it's now -33, things are warming up.
  • morgansforevermorgansforever Posts: 8,447 ✭✭✭✭✭
    About 15in. here in SE CT + or -.
    Still some bands of snow coming down from the north, as the Low
    travels into Canada. Actually it's snowing now, light though.
    World coins FSHO Hundreds of successful BST transactions U.S. coins FSHO
  • Halfhunter06Halfhunter06 Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭
    About 6 inches or so here in NJ
  • NotSureNotSure Posts: 2,978 ✭✭✭
    Where I am, just west of Boston, we picked up 2+ feet. Snowblowers are a wonderful thing!!!

LoveMyLiberty, I could have made a fortune today with a snowblower like that one. Whole neighborhoods done in half hour!!!!
    I'll come up with something.
  • Called my favorite dealer to purchase an MS-66 Robinson for something like $1150. He told me I needed to buy this MS-64. Said if I could find $1000 worth of difference in the two coins he would be glad to sell me the more expensive coin.

Throw this one in for good measure. Bought this one for $1 in the late 60's.

Ron

Edited to add: We got about 4 to 5 inches of snow, then sleet topped by freezing rain.

Collect for the love of the hobby, the beauty of the coins, and enjoy the ride.
  • WTCGWTCG Posts: 8,940 ✭✭✭
    No snow here...
    Follow me on Twitter @wtcgroup
    Authorized dealer for PCGS, PCGS Currency, NGC, NCS, PMG, CAC. Member of the PNG, ANA. Member dealer of CoinPlex and CCE/FACTS as "CH5"
  • ChrisRxChrisRx Posts: 5,619 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>No snow here... >>

Ditto.
  • seanqseanq Posts: 8,636 ✭✭✭✭✭
    We got a little....

Sean Reynolds
    Incomplete planchets wanted, especially Lincoln Cents & type coins.

"Keep in mind that most of what passes as numismatic information is no more than tested opinion at best, and marketing blather at worst. However, I try to choose my words carefully, since I know that you guys are always watching." - Joe O'Connor
  • JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • 66RB66RB Posts: 2,516 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I don't hate snow and enjoy the nor'easters. If I'm gonna be here in the cold might as well have some interesting storms.

Maine_Jim >>

Hard to argue with that....I always say if it's gonna be cold at least give me some snow to play around in! image

• CoinspongeCoinsponge Posts: 3,927 ✭✭✭
    The snow looks good but I know it is work. Just think, with Obama and Gore you can look forward to so much more of that with their efforts to cool the earth. image Maybe you can even build snowpersons all year long. Enjoy. image
    Gold and silver are valuable but wisdom is priceless.
  • mozinmozin Posts: 8,755 ✭✭✭
    Here in Portland Oregon all we got was some cold dry days and nights, nights well below freezing. Normally, all we get is rain and temps around fifty degrees. I grew up in Minnesota, and I sure remember many winter mornings up at 5 AM to shovel snow before school. If the sidewalks were not cleared by 8 AM we were fined by the city. Our lot was half a block by a quarter of a block. I was a skinny guy back then.
    I collect Capped Bust series by variety in PCGS AU/MS grades.
  • PerryHallPerryHall Posts: 45,996 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anyone notice that the politicians haven't been talking much about global warming these days?image

Worry is the interest you pay on a debt you may not owe.
    "Paper money eventually returns to its intrinsic value---zero."----Voltaire
    "Everything you say should be true, but not everything true should be said."----Voltaire

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file