Home U.S. Coin Forum

Legend Hot Topics

124»

Comments

• ColonelJessupColonelJessup Posts: 6,442 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i><<He's so smooth, in fact, that it's only when, even after you've paid the check, that you realize that there's more in your pocket then when you came.

imageimage >>

Well said! Or in my case, he was so smooth, that I had no idea he had turned on the seat warmer for the passenger seat I was in, in the middle of summer. At least not until I started sweating profusely.

image >>

From the smallest personal acts may often the deepest insights into character be gained.
    "People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." - Geo. Orwell
  • MacCrimmonMacCrimmon Posts: 7,058 ✭✭✭

<< <i>2. We live in a litigious society, I have heard. Libeling a company (often called defamation or commercial disparagement) like PNG can get you sued. If you don't think so, do a word search in google for "verdicts for libel on the internet". When you get sued you have to hire lawyers who bill you to death. So, when you libel any entity, even if you win, you still have to pay the lawyers, which means you lose......always....usually 30-50K for a simple case.

3. People who make libelous comments usually have a history of doing that and other not so smart things. They have bad judgment which also manifests itself in eventual poverty. So, when someone sets themself up to get sued, they usually have the bad judgment that goes along with it.....which usually is accompanied by no assets......or common sense: another phrase for good judgment. So, now do you understand my suspicions? >>

Och, and just over 400 years ago Dick intoned, "kill all the lawyers!" - Cheers, Billy Shakes image

• If the lawyers get together and kill all the bankers, can we get a reprieve?
  • adamlaneusadamlaneus Posts: 6,969 ✭✭✭
    no

how do you pay a lawyer if you don't have a banker?
  • CoinJunkieCoinJunkie Posts: 8,772 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>If the lawyers get together and kill all the bankers, can we get a reprieve? >>

My favorite lawyer joke:

99% of lawyers give the other 1% a bad name...

This discussion has been closed.