Home U.S. Coin Forum

eBay Buyer to Block: harrybond1965... extortionist who plays the system well

124»

Comments

• PerryHallPerryHall Posts: 45,959 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>My name is Bond, Harry Bond (double o Ahole)image >>

Worry is the interest you pay on a debt you may not owe.
    "Paper money eventually returns to its intrinsic value---zero."----Voltaire
    "Everything you say should be true, but not everything true should be said."----Voltaire

• coinguy1coinguy1 Posts: 13,484 ✭✭✭

<< <i>p.s. If we are to believe that harrybond1965 was representing another buyer who wished to purchase all the coins or none, why did he, in his first correspondence to Jeremy, ask for the mistakenly-described coin for free while keeping the rest of the lot ? Said a bit differently, if his buyer wanted all the coins, what would a discount on the incorrectly described coin get him if the buyer truly wanted an all or nothing deal? That makes no sense to me, and I haven't seen that hole in logic discussed in my quick reading of this thread. >>

Likewise, it wouldn't make any sense for the buyer to ask for a discount on the misdescribed coin (in order that he keep all of the coins), since he now claims the following: " ....I never checked the grade for this coin. I was ask by my customer to buy some coins on e-bay. He gave me e-bay number and I bought those coins. When I received the coins and brought them to him, he discovered the mistake and refused to buy the whole lot."

Since the buyer claims he was not aware of the misdescribed coin until he showed it to his client, that means he contacted Jeremy about the discount AFTER being informed that his customer was refusing all of the coins. At that point, why wouldn't he simply return all of the coins for a full refund, instead of trying to get a discount on the one coin? All things considered, I don't see any reasonable explanation that makes the buyer anything other than a liar.

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>p.s. If we are to believe that harrybond1965 was representing another buyer who wished to purchase all the coins or none, why did he, in his first correspondence to Jeremy, ask for the mistakenly-described coin for free while keeping the rest of the lot ? Said a bit differently, if his buyer wanted all the coins, what would a discount on the incorrectly described coin get him if the buyer truly wanted an all or nothing deal? That makes no sense to me, and I haven't seen that hole in logic discussed in my quick reading of this thread. >>

Likewise, it wouldn't make any sense for the buyer to ask for a discount on the misdescribed coin (in order that he keep all of the coins), since he now claims the following: " ....I never checked the grade for this coin. I was ask by my customer to buy some coins on e-bay. He gave me e-bay number and I bought those coins. When I received the coins and brought them to him, he discovered the mistake and refused to buy the whole lot."

Since the buyer claims he was not aware of the misdescribed coin until he showed it to his client, that means he contacted Jeremy about the discount AFTER being informed that his customer was refusing all of the coins. At that point, why wouldn't he simply return all of the coins for a full refund, instead of trying to get a discount on the one coin? All things considered, I don't see any reasonable explanation that makes the buyer anything other than a liar. >>

Predcition: Harry'O sends said coin back to jeremy....he understands the power of the forum and straightens out his ways. >>

Prediction: If Harry'O does that, he will then bill Realone double the value of the coin for predicting what he did.image
  • SonorandesertratSonorandesertrat Posts: 5,695 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>My name is Bond, Harry Bond (double o Ahole)image >>

image >>

image :Funny
    Member: EAC, NBS, C4, CWTS, ANA

RMR: 'Wer, wenn ich schriee, hörte mich denn aus der Engel Ordnungen?'

CJ: 'No one!' [Ain't no angels in the coin biz]
  • BlindedByEgoBlindedByEgo Posts: 10,754 ✭✭✭✭✭
    So he's a liar as well as a chiseler. What a shock.

Blocked.
  • RYKRYK Posts: 35,796 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>So he's a liar as well as a chiseler. What a shock.

Blocked. >>

Harry is on "double secret" block on my account. image

• MilesWaitsMilesWaits Posts: 5,322 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Blocked. Thank you. Sorry for your difficult journey with this ebayer Jeremy!

Miles
    Now riding the swell in PM's and surf.
  • This is so bad I felt the need to send this link and a short message to every coin contact on my email, so I just sent a block user message to 224 coin dealers, sorry if some of you guys got it, but I just fell that strongly.
    Thanks
  • CasmanCasman Posts: 3,935 ✭✭
    Good Grief, I just had to Block this Block Headimage, Oh ya and he's got a few black marks too

Bad Bad Harrybond1965
  • Thanks for sharing your experience and protecting others from what is clearly a class A scumbag. BLOCKED
  • lkeigwinlkeigwin Posts: 16,892 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Have we beaten this to death?

Harry Bond is an immoral man, a chiseler, a thief, a vagabond, and a likely sex offender. He's a liberal, gun-hating, wife beater. He stiffs waiters, line jumps at movies, and cheats at poker. I'm pretty sure I hired him for a customer service job back in the '90's, and I know I saw him alone in the carpool lane yesterday.

Maybe we should move on. Say, do you guys like those way-cool silver hockey pucks?
    Lance.
  • RYKRYK Posts: 35,796 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Have we beaten this to death?

Harry Bond is an immoral man, a chiseler, a thief, a vagabond, and a likely sex offender. He's a liberal, gun-hating, wife beater. He stiffs waiters, line jumps at movies, and cheats at poker. I'm pretty sure I hired him for a customer service job back in the '90's, and I know I saw him alone in the carpool lane yesterday.

Maybe we should move on. Say, do you guys like those way-cool silver hockey pucks?
    Lance. >>

Lance, if you will concede that he probably does not like puppies, I am comfortable moving to the next issue. image
  • pennyanniepennyannie Posts: 3,929 ✭✭✭
    I read a few pages of this and skipped the rest.

My thoughts.... While i do not agree with what the buyer did in this thread...

Jeremy should eat it and move on, no need to even involve the consignor. You probably charged the consignor a fee for listing the coins, so you deal with your error. 99.9 percent of the people would let you correct and move on, this guy did not.

Every day i deal with mistakes from cell phone bills that are wrong, to the electic meter reader who misread my meter. I am given incorrect info from store employees and the list goes on for a mile. My state farm agent and the last adjuster they sent out was a joke. I ended up doing his job for him. I get tired of it, happens way to often.

When i bid a job and make a mistake i just eat it. Eat enough of them and you will limit the mistakes in the future.

When i make a mistake in my Ebay listing, it is my fault, i am not selling for other people, if i was using a service i would not be happy.
    Mark
    NGC registry V-Nickel proof #6!!!!
    working on proof shield nickels # 8 with a bullet!!!!

RIP "BEAR"
  • TPRCTPRC Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

Lance. >>

Lance, if you will concede that he probably does not like puppies, I am comfortable moving to the next issue. image >>

Tom

• Bayard1908Bayard1908 Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>My first reaction was that you should have refunded him all the money and taken the coins back. You may lose some on the resales, but the ability to avoid problems might be more valuable than the few dollars retained on the existing sales. >>

Agreed. It was a bluff that should have been called.
  • What a scumbag.....

What a dilemma. I would have been very tempted to have him return it all. But could he have slapped you with 20 negatives? That's what I don't know. You could probably take one negative hit and be OK, but I'm not sure if you could get the other 19 thrown out.

But anyway, blocked. What a bad apple.
    Successful transactions with keepdachange, tizofthe, adriana, wondercoin
  • BlindedByEgoBlindedByEgo Posts: 10,754 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

Lance. >>

Lance, if you will concede that he probably does not like puppies, I am comfortable moving to the next issue. image >>

Until Harry Bond jumps the shark it still lives.

Or someone invokes Godwin's Law.
  • PerryHallPerryHall Posts: 45,959 ✭✭✭✭✭
    TTT for Lance.image

Worry is the interest you pay on a debt you may not owe.
    "Paper money eventually returns to its intrinsic value---zero."----Voltaire
    "Everything you say should be true, but not everything true should be said."----Voltaire

• rld14rld14 Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭
    Look on the bright side, about a third of the people who sell coins on eBay just blocked the guy...
    Bear's "Growl of Approval" award 10/09 & 3/10 | "YOU SUCK" - PonyExpress8|"F the doctors!" - homerunhall | I hate my car
  • dizzyfoxxdizzyfoxx Posts: 9,823 ✭✭✭
    I'm going to go against the grain here. I've decided to block everyone who has blocked this ebay offender!!! imageimage
    image...There's always time for coin collecting. image

<< <i>Look on the bright side, about a third of the people who sell coins on eBay just blocked the guy... >>

I think you are severely overestimating the percentage of Ebay sellers that participate on this forum.image
  • telephoto1telephoto1 Posts: 4,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Despicable. And he has the gall to whine as if he were the injured party. Let's all make a hobby out of exposing this guy to every numismatic Ebayer possible. image

RIP Mom- 1932-2012

• << <i>Look on the bright side, about a third of the people who sell coins on eBay just blocked the guy... >>

and a bunch of others are waiting for him to list another item, in order to assist Karma in delivering what this guy deserves!

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>Look on the bright side, about a third of the people who sell coins on eBay just blocked the guy... >>

I think you are severely overestimating the percentage of Ebay sellers that participate on this forum.image >>

Methinks you are correct.

OK, here's what I don't understand... the guy (buyer) offered THIS:

"I am offereng now to Jeremy to return the whole lot. He can keep 5% of the purchase. It is my gift to him. Not a bad deal $500.00"

So, ...wouldn't you then not only NOT be out the $370.00, but also get all the coins back AND a 'free' $500.00??

Why not call his bluff, and tell him to send them all back, (at his expense, per original terms,) and then refund the total, minus the $500.00, split it with your consignor & hit the 'Relist" button(s)?

??? >>

Unless a long period of time has passed, odds are, that when you re-list items, they will sell for less. Sometimes, substantially less.
  • droopyddroopyd Posts: 5,381 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Unless a long period of time has passed, odds are, that when you re-list items, they will sell for less. Sometimes, substantially less. >>

The several times I had to relist a coin, they always sold for more the second time around.
    Me at the Springfield coin show:
    60 years into this hobby and I'm still working on my Lincoln set!

<< <i>

<< <i>Unless a long period of time has passed, odds are, that when you re-list items, they will sell for less. Sometimes, substantially less. >>

The several times I had to relist a coin, they always sold for more the second time around. >>

I'm glad it worked out for you. But, based on examples I have seen, and conversations with a number of large sellers, I will stick with my original "odds are...."

• << <i>

<< <i>

The several times I had to relist a coin, they always sold for more the second time around. >>

I'm glad it worked out for you. But, based on examples I have seen, and conversations with a number of large sellers, I will stick with my original "odds are...." >>

That has been my experience as well Mark...in probably 90% of the cases I pull less the second go around image

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file