Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

nothing here/ move on

BIN availability figures for 11/15

2007 W 42 under $40 48 under $50 50 sales transactions yesterday
2008 W 11 under $40 28 under $50 33 sales transactions yesterday

It looks like the 2008 W is starting to become a very desirable coin while the 2007 W is becoming very desirable because of the price.

If we get a spike in silver this week, who knows what you will have to pay for these coins.

Comments

• Options
    A man of few words?
  • Options
    pitbosspitboss Posts: 8,643 ✭✭✭

I hit the wrong button before putting the message in.

I didn't think anybody , but me, was awake at this time of morning.
  • Options
    PTVETTERPTVETTER Posts: 5,882 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Proof eagles are North of $55.00 each and that is wholesale.
    Pat Vetter,Mercury Dime registry set,1938 Proof set registry,Pat & BJ Coins:724-325-7211

• Options
    that is so true. I have not mentioned that or kept track of it . The 2010's will be coming out this week, What is that going to do to all of these figures. It sure looks like a win- win situation to me at $45.95 with the early sellers on ebay cleaning up because most people will not get their coins for weeks if not months knowing the mint.
  • Options

OK guys and girls, who has not taken advantage of the short drop in silver prices this past week to buy all you could of the "W" eagles?

The opportunity looks like it is over with silver going up 22 cents yesterday and almost a dollar more overnight.

There are still 45 2007's and 25 2008's BIN on ebay under $50 this morning listed, so take advantage while you can.

The 2010 proof eagles should sell out quickly this week even if they make 600,000 of them which is the figure Moy is using.

I predict that by the time the general public hears about them they will be long gone and these ebay sellers that are giving them away in presales are going to be kicking themselves.

Where am I going wrong on this?

• Options

Silver up again today.
  • Options
    BochimanBochiman Posts: 25,305 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hmmm....at $50+ per, I may be willing to sell some of my 2007-w SAEs...
    I think I still have an unopened box of 5 or 10 of them as well

I've been told I tolerate fools poorly...that may explain things if I have a problem with you. Current ebay items - Nothing at the moment

• Options

Silver is turning "green" on the PCGS price guide with the steady increase of silver prices. The whole page is in green.
  • Options
    OverdateOverdate Posts: 6,939 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If the price of silver continues upward, I think it will benefit the common date bullion silver eagles more than the 2007-W and 2008-W. At least on a percentage basis.

My Adolph A. Weinman signature :)

• Options

Silver poised to break the $29 barrier today.
  • Options
    It got to $29.05 earlier today and then pulled back...

• Options

Remember just a short while ago when you could buy these coins in the $20 range. Now the high thirties and if silver jumps later this afternoon you will be buying in the $40 's and $50's. I am glad I took my own advice and bought, did you?
  • Options
    jessewvujessewvu Posts: 5,063 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You should look at commemorative silver. I have recently sold boy scout coins for under $30 a coin on the bay. I'm taking a break from selling them for a while now....
  • Options

<< <i>You should look at commemorative silver. I have recently sold boy scout coins for under $30 a coin on the bay. I'm taking a break from selling them for a while now.... >>

Shhhh! image
  • Options

<< <i>Remember just a short while ago when you could buy these coins in the $20 range. Now the high thirties and if silver jumps later this afternoon you will be buying in the $40 's and $50's. I am glad I took my own advice and bought, did you? >>

• Options
    Are you ready for some (football) I mean silver action.
  • Options

Try and get some under $40 today!
  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    $33.66 on Kitco right now 10:04AM... Cheers, RickO
  • Options
    Can someone tell me what am I missing?

USMINT

Now isn't that 5 coins 90 percent silver, a 1/4 ounce each? and if that is the case, then isn't that a cheap price for them?
  • Options
    Those 5 25c melt approx $30.50. Cheap at 33 bucks. Price will be going up soon if silver doesn't turn around.
  • Options
    I am certain that your numbers are correct, are the coins 1/4 of an ounce each or the whole five weigh an ounce?

Pitboss, BTW I did get me some silver image
  • Options

<< <i>I am certain that your numbers are correct, are the coins 1/4 of an ounce each or the whole five weigh an ounce?

Pitboss, BTW I did get me some silver image >>

Good job, if I sell some today, I will buy some myself. That's the name of the game. Buy low, sell higher.
  • Options
    Steve27Steve27 Posts: 13,274 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I am certain that your numbers are correct, are the coins 1/4 of an ounce each or the whole five weigh an ounce?

Pitboss, BTW I did get me some silver image >>

A silver quarter has 5.625 grams of pure silver in it, which is roughly .18 troy ounce (so all five would be roughly .9 ounces of pure silver).
    "It's far easier to fight for principles, than to live up to them." Adlai Stevenson
  • Options
    2010 America the Beautiful Quarters Silver Proof Set

.....Mint Price Silver (oz) Silver Value Mint Sales Issue Date
    Proof $32.95 0.904 ......... 30.57 ........ 232,999 5/27/2010

Gonna order me some more right now
  • Options
    Thanks for the explanation and the link!
  • Options
    I just ordered 10 sets.

That puts me over the $ 300 shipping level for fed ex shipping.
  • Options
    This is a great link for Mint sets...type in silver quote and it does the rest:

Mint Sets
  • Options

<< <i>Those 5 25c melt approx $30.50. Cheap at 33 bucks. Price will be going up soon if silver doesn't turn around. >>

Mind your shipping costs. I believe that shipping is a minimum of $4.95, so the more you purchase, the better.
  • Options
    Schmitz7Schmitz7 Posts: 751 ✭✭✭
    I have 2007-W and 2008-W silver eagles on buy/sell board at $39 each with no bites.
  • Options

<< <i>I have 2007-W and 2008-W silver eagles on buy/sell board at $39 each with no bites. >>

Be patient! People are still getting them for less than that on ebay. Buyers on the forum are not paying what you are looking for YET!
  • Options
    Not long ago the mint reput up 2009 silver proof quarter sets for $29.95... those were the ones with 6 quaters per set, I loaded up on them. right now with silver @ $33.77 melt is $6.10 each quater. image
  • Options
    CoinlearnerCoinlearner Posts: 2,464 ✭✭✭✭
    image.....Sold 100 face 90% yesterday 2625 and was hoping the buyer failed to pay..(Just did)...Then again my local dealer offered me $20 face two days before.........So I will take it and not "reneg" on deal.image..........Lets not forget from 20 to 10 oz ..in a few weeks with $2 a day drops.......Guess best to buy alittle up and all the way down.
  • Options
    I just don't see it with the silver proof sets. There is such a small market for them and I've seen silver proofs sell UNDER spot. I suppose if you think the mint will raise the price and you want one for your personal use you should buy one. Even looking at past years I don't see them going up much in the near term.
  • Options
    19Lyds19Lyds Posts: 26,475 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I just don't see it with the silver proof sets. There is such a small market for them and I've seen silver proofs sell UNDER spot. I suppose if you think the mint will raise the price and you want one for your personal use you should buy one. Even looking at past years I don't see them going up much in the near term. >>

True, its a gamble but if the spot price exceeds the bullion price then you're not talking proof sets any longer. You're talking bullion thats sellable.
    If enough get melted and sold, then a shortage "could" get created thereby creating a mini-market.

Yes, its a long shot but isn't everything?

I remember when silve was $2.70 an ounce and silver eagles could be had for $10 on a bad day.

Bullion Market vs Economy or not, it appears as if those days are gone.
    I decided to change calling the bathroom the John and renamed it the Jim. I feel so much better saying I went to the Jim this morning.

The name is LEE!
  • Options

<< <i>I just don't see it with the silver proof sets. There is such a small market for them and I've seen silver proofs sell UNDER spot. I suppose if you think the mint will raise the price and you want one for your personal use you should buy one. Even looking at past years I don't see them going up much in the near term. >>

Silver is silver. If the price of silver continues to rise and not pullback significantly, these mint sets cease to be anything but bullion. When I saw Silver Eagles going for upwards of $40.00 a pop on Ebay this morning, I'm thinking many recent silver commems of any denomination are just decorated bullion. In relation to the eagles, they are undervalued.
  • Options
    MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,230 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Watch out...

I predict a hard silver price correction tomorrow when NY is back.

They seem to be the suppressors.

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options

<< <i>Watch out...

I predict a hard silver price correction tomorrow when NY is back.

They seem to be the suppressors. >>

NY is open today.....NY Spot is $33.93

Source: Kitco.com
  • Options

<< <i>

Silver is silver. If the price of silver continues to rise and not pullback significantly, these mint sets cease to be anything but bullion. When I saw Silver Eagles going for upwards of $40.00 a pop on Ebay this morning, I'm thinking many recent silver commems of any denomination are just decorated bullion. In relation to the eagles, they are undervalued. >>

Ebay is the coin market for these. I see a few buy it nows and only a couple auctions. I've looked at past years and there isn't anyone buying these. Like I said before, I've seen silver proofs selling under spot and that includes shipping.

Something is only worth what it can be sold for... If you want to take a gamble and buy a couple hundred sets then go for it, I just don't see it.
  • Options
    Floor Trading Holiday

Globex(electronic) is open.

The major NY traders are home for the holiday.
    Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options

<< <i>
    Ebay is the coin market for these. I see a few buy it nows and only a couple auctions. I've looked at past years and there isn't anyone buying these. Like I said before, I've seen silver proofs selling under spot and that includes shipping.q]

When it comes to them selling under spot, I am glad to take advantage of that. I see folks buying junk common date Morgans and Peace dollars at ridiculous prices that are prompted by frenzy. Some people think these actually have a full ounce of silver in them.

I do not plan to buy the 2010 sets. Still not the best buy yet.
  • Options

<< <i>Floor Trading Holiday

Globex(electronic) is open.

The major NY traders are home for the holiday. >>

This is off the subject, MsMorrisine, but your avatar looks like a young Ed Harris in ladies make-up.
  • Options
    Along the same line:

SIlver
  • Options
    I picked up a few (literally, a few) NP silver proof quarter sets this morning. I still hadn't gotten around to adding one to my collection and the bull run looks like it'll continue--though I would expect a correction soon--probably tomorrow. I was surprised not to see a correction this morning, but forgot it was Pres Day.

They're a solid deal--at that price-- and feature beautiful places. And if the run continues, they'll surely get bumped on Wed. Of course, due to the flat rate shipping, the more you get the better the margin.

I don't know if they're the "best" deal. But they're beating ASE margins right now. Will MTB sell more ATB sets this week? Before commission and shipping, the ATBs are sitting at only 40 cents over spot right now. With commission and shipping, they are something like $37.xx/oz.

-PF
    Successful transactions with keepdachange, tizofthe, adriana, wondercoin
  • Options

<< <i>Along the same line:

SIlver >>

http://feeds.feedburner.com/MintNewsBlog

At this time, the US Mint has only five different products which contain silver: the 2010 Silver Proof Set, 2011 Silver Proof Set, 2010 America the Beautiful Silver Proof Set, and the proof and uncirculated 2011 Army Commemorative Silver Dollars.

The silver content of each of these products in troy ounces is shown below.

Silver Content
    2010 ATB Quarter Silver Proof Set 0.90420
    2010 Silver Proof Set 1.33823
    2011 Silver Proof Set 1.33823
    Proof Army Silver Dollar 0.77344
    Unc Army Silver Dollar 0.77344

Based on a silver price of $34 per ounce, the metal value of a few products is now approaching the US Mint's issue price. The table below shows the silver value for each product, the face value of any non-silver coins included, total of the silver and other face value, and the US Mint's current price.

Silver other FV Total Price
    2010 ATBQ Silver Proof Set 30.74 0 30.75 32.95
    2010 Silver Proof Set 45.50 5.06 50.56 56.95
    2011 Silver Proof Set 45.50 5.06 50.56 67.95
    Proof Commem Silver Dollar 26.30 0 26.23 54.95
    Unc Commem Silver Dollar 26.30 0 26.23 49.95

For the 2010 Silver Proof Set to be at melt minus the Face Value Coins, Silver need to hit $38.775
  • Options
    shorecollshorecoll Posts: 5,445 ✭✭✭✭✭
    On Friday, you could buy the quarter sets near here at a B&M for $29. Of course silver was lower.
    ANA-LM, NBS, EAC
  • Options
    With us mint purchases can't you get a full 100% refund? If silver heads south seems you could get out of the proof quarters purchase if you want ed to. Wheres the risk?
  • Options
    BochimanBochiman Posts: 25,305 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>With us mint purchases can't you get a full 100% refund? If silver heads south seems you could get out of the proof quarters purchase if you want ed to. Wheres the risk? >>

First off, that thinking is what got the mint to institute their newer return policies (used to be a month, no matter what you bought).
    Also, you pay return shipping. So, you are out the $4.95 they charged to get it to you, then you are out whatever it costs to return (and, it WILL be more than $4.95 image ).
    You also have to return the items within their shortened return period.

I've been told I tolerate fools poorly...that may explain things if I have a problem with you. Current ebay items - Nothing at the moment

• Options

Will silver reach the magic $35 today?
  • Options

<< <i>Will silver reach the magic $35 today? >>

I think $34 is a maybe but a tad early for $35....

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file