Home U.S. Coin Forum

nothing here/ move on

2»

Comments

• pitbosspitboss Posts: 8,643 ✭✭✭
    closed at 33.98 wow!
  • SanctionIISanctionII Posts: 12,003 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wake me up when it hits $50.00 per ounce and thereafter when it hits $100.00 per ounce.

At that time I will drag out the silver coins I have purchased over the past decade and see if I did ok.

• << <i>closed at 33.98 wow! >>

And the silver quarter sets remain shiny....

Pitboss, you seem to be following these silver quarter sets carefully. They've been in "temporarily unavailable" status for--a week now?

Do you know what policies are in place to allow the Mint to reprice these if needed? I cannot remember, hopefully you can clarify.
    Successful transactions with keepdachange, tizofthe, adriana, wondercoin
  • I thought it was only the gold issues that are subject to repricing...can't remember a silver set/coin getting repriced
  • OPAOPA Posts: 17,118 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I thought it was only the gold issues that are subject to repricing...can't remember a silver set/coin getting repriced >>

That would be a first...I believe the ASE's have been repriced in the past..not sure though.
    "Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • BaleyBaley Posts: 22,659 ✭✭✭✭✭
    What with the "how much silver does mad max need to survive in bartertown" thread gone poof, why isn't this one at least moved to the precious metals forum.

that's why it's there, and why threads like this aren't (supposed to be) here

Liberty: Parent of Science & Industry

• << <i>What with the "how much silver does mad max need to survive in bartertown" thread gone poof, why isn't this one at least moved to the precious metals forum.

that's why it's there, and why threads like this aren't (supposed to be) here >>

I hate when I'm forced to read something I don't want to......I think anything I don't want to read should be removed to a place where I never go...that way I can stay uniformed and don't have to wear my blinders for normal day to day activities. I NEED to be one dimensional.....

edited to add: spot $34.36 as of 0841

<< <i>What with the "how much silver does mad max need to survive in bartertown" thread gone poof, why isn't this one at least moved to the precious metals forum.

that's why it's there, and why threads like this aren't (supposed to be) here >>

Don't read it if you don't like it.

• << <i>

<< <i>What with the "how much silver does mad max need to survive in bartertown" thread gone poof, why isn't this one at least moved to the precious metals forum.

Don't read it if you don't like it. >>

WAY too complicated a concept for some.......image
  • ziggy29ziggy29 Posts: 18,668 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Don't read it if you don't like it. >>

You don't make the rules here, and if the rules are that threads like this should be in the PM forum, then so be it. It's the call of Don and HRH, not you.
  • Last I check this thread was discussing, coins, availability of silver coins and silver prices. Very much seems to be on the right place, ouch condo commando comes to mind... I do not see anyone talking about buying a silver bar or anything of the sorts.

I don't remember them doing a reprise on silver sets either. It usually means they are sold out if all the orders go through .
  • BochimanBochiman Posts: 25,358 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gotta love the "don't read it if you don't like it, then" posts.
    Why even bother having multiple forums, rules, and conventions then? Why not just put everything in 1 forum and say "go for it and if you don't like something, don't read it".

Nevermind that sometimes thread titles can have different meanings, or no meaning at all.....not like one can go by the thread title to know what a thread is really about.....

There IS a precious metals forum.....why is it so difficult for some folks to realize that, and use it? Sometimes, it is the same person who violates this multiple times....they can't be bothered to do the right thing.
    I may not post much in the PM forum, but I do go there to read as it does interest me.....just like threads about US coins interest me.....is it so difficult for thread creators to post in the right spot????

I've been told I tolerate fools poorly...that may explain things if I have a problem with you. Current ebay items - Nothing at the moment

• derrybderryb Posts: 36,588 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can we discuss gold coins in this forum? image

"How many times can a man turn his head and pretend he just doesn’t see?” - Bob Dylan

• << <i>Gotta love the "don't read it if you don't like it, then" posts.
    Why even bother having multiple forums, rules, and conventions then? Why not just put everything in 1 forum and say "go for it and if you don't like something, don't read it".

Nevermind that sometimes thread titles can have different meanings, or no meaning at all.....not like one can go by the thread title to know what a thread is really about.....

There IS a precious metals forum.....why is it so difficult for some folks to realize that, and use it? Sometimes, it is the same person who violates this multiple times....they can't be bothered to do the right thing.
    I may not post much in the PM forum, but I do go there to read as it does interest me.....just like threads about US coins interest me.....is it so difficult for thread creators to post in the right spot???? >>

While the tittle would imply this thread should be in the PM forum, the content of the thread is very relevant to the US coin Forum. At the end of the day, the powers that be obviously feel it is relevant enough to keep it here. Why are we even arguing about this then?
  • BochimanBochiman Posts: 25,358 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The 'powers that be' usually don't look at every thread. Quite an assumption you are making image

Edited to add.....I actually agree that THIS post started out about coins....I don't have a problem with this thread.....the problem I had, that I posted about, is when people gang up on someone and say "if you don't like it, don't read it" instead of pointing out whether or not it is an appropriate thread.

I've been told I tolerate fools poorly...that may explain things if I have a problem with you. Current ebay items - Nothing at the moment

• krankykranky Posts: 8,709 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>While the tittle would imply this thread should be in the PM forum, the content of the thread is very relevant to the US coin Forum. At the end of the day, the powers that be obviously feel it is relevant enough to keep it here. Why are we even arguing about this then? >>

Not taking sides here, but just pointing out that PCGS has asked us to "self-police" the forums. They rely on members to report things that are not within the rules.

New collectors, please educate yourself before spending money on coins; there are people who believe that using numismatic knowledge to rip the naïve is what this hobby is all about.

• << <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>While the tittle would imply this thread should be in the PM forum, the content of the thread is very relevant to the US coin Forum. At the end of the day, the powers that be obviously feel it is relevant enough to keep it here. Why are we even arguing about this then? >>

Not taking sides here, but just pointing out that PCGS has asked us to "self-police" the forums. They rely on members to report things that are not within the rules. >>

You certainly seem to be taking side image j/k

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file