Home U.S. Coin Forum

10,000 Post Giveaway!/Retirement Announcement

CaptHenwayCaptHenway Posts: 31,499 ✭✭✭✭✭
One Free Henway to the first person to precisely predict
the final score of today's World Serious game!!!!!
Just heard an ad for Fox Sports coverage of the Series
that MUST have been produced before the Series started...
they are calling the Series a real Pitchers' Duel!!!!!!
LOL!!!
Numismatist. 50 year member ANA. Winner of four ANA Heath Literary Awards; three Wayte and Olga Raymond Literary Awards; Numismatist of the Year Award 2009, and Lifetime Achievement Award 2020. Winner numerous NLG Literary Awards.

Comments

• who's playing?
  • drwstr123drwstr123 Posts: 7,026 ✭✭✭✭✭
    10k...a lot of dribble...5-7.
  • joebb21joebb21 Posts: 4,732 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Texas 6-4
    may the fonz be with you...always...
  • BXBOY143BXBOY143 Posts: 1,110 ✭✭
    image on 10K

8-2 SF GIANTS image THANKS FOR THE CHANCE!!

-PAUL
  • JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Texas 7
    Gaints 2

How much does that Henway? I hope you are covering the shipping costs.

Thank you. MJ
    Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • 5-3 sf
  • bigmarty58bigmarty58 Posts: 1,998 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tom,

Congratulations on 10K, I enjoy your expert commentary.

Texas 7-4

-Bob
    Enthusiastic collector of British pre-decimal and Canadian decimal circulation coins.
  • Rangers 6
    Giants 2

Thanks for the chance!

What Mr. Spock would say about numismatics...
    image... "Fascinating, but not logical"

"Live long and prosper"

My "How I Started" columns
  • MoldnutMoldnut Posts: 3,082 ✭✭✭✭
    6-4 SF thanks Tomimage
    Derek

EAC 6024
  • CiccioCiccio Posts: 1,405
    Congrats on your 10,000 posts! And thanks so much for sharing your expertise!

TEX 3 - 1 SF
  • 6 - 3 Texas

cheers
    "spot on my UHR, nevermind, I wiped it off"
  • StaircoinsStaircoins Posts: 2,565 ✭✭✭

Go Rangers!

Texas - 7
    left-coasters - nil

• jesbrokenjesbroken Posts: 9,155 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Giants 5-2

When a man who is honestly mistaken hears the truth, he will either quit being mistaken or cease to be honest....Abraham Lincoln

Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it.....Mark Twain
  • AUandAGAUandAG Posts: 24,515 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Giants 1-0

What's a henway? Bragging rights?

bob
    Registry: CC lowballs (boblindstrom), bobinvegas1989@yahoo.com
  • MeltdownMeltdown Posts: 8,651 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • EdscoinEdscoin Posts: 2,028 ✭✭✭
    Texas 9-7
    ED
  • SwampboySwampboy Posts: 12,876 ✭✭✭✭✭
    3-0

• Rangers 5-2
  • richardshipprichardshipp Posts: 5,647 ✭✭✭
    Rangers 4
    Giants 1

Thanks for the chance and GO TEXAS!!!
  • mrearlygoldmrearlygold Posts: 17,858 ✭✭✭
    3-2 Texas

<< <i>

What's a henway?

bob >>

About 3 lbs........................MJ
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • Al21Al21 Posts: 330 ✭✭✭
    4-3 Giants

Successful BST transactions with WTCG, NH48400, evil empire,
    meltdown, timrutnat, bumanchu, 2ndCharter, rpw, AgBlox, indiananationals, yellowkid, RGJohn, fishteeth, rkfish, Ponyexpress8, kalshacon, Tdec1000, Coinlieutenant, SamByrd, Coppercolor
  • Final Score:

Texas 2
    Giants 1
    I had POSITIVE transactions with the following 31 members == Mach19 - Robkool - KollectorKing - ASUtodd - Coppercoins - Kalshacon - Whatsup - Commoncents05 - Cartwheel - Marmac - Thatoneguy - Collectorcoins - Delistamps - Bestmr - Cwazzy - Ajia - Nefprollc - Grote15 - Rampage - Grip - Rpmhunter - Chumley - 2272DavidG - Utahcoin - Cohodk - Ajbauman - Sportsmoderator1 - Sevensteps - Windycity - Pitboss - Starfish
  • 5-1 Rangérs.
  • STONESTONE Posts: 15,275
    5-2, Texas loses
  • TorinoCobra71TorinoCobra71 Posts: 8,020 ✭✭✭
    9-4, Giants.

• DeloreanDelorean Posts: 470 ✭✭✭
    Texas 7 SF 1

Congrats on your 10,000 post!

Chuck
    Chuck,

Ever Onward
  • johnjinxjohnjinx Posts: 365 ✭✭✭
    7-4 Texas Rangers
  • botanistbotanist Posts: 524 ✭✭✭
    Many thanks for your continuing substantial contributions to the various coin and metals forums; your forthcoming 10,000 milestone is especially meaningful because, of the ones I've seen, your posts are not single words, repeats of sales, or bare emoticons, but insightful commentaries.

My guess: Giants to win 5-1.

Yes, I'm rooting for the Giants, not because I have any personal liking or connection to them, but because the Texas Rangers team was involved with an alleged scandal involving George W. Bush, for which details are available here.

At least one member of this forum has objected to the allegations.
  • AUandAGAUandAG Posts: 24,515 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>

What's a henway?

bob >>

About 3 lbs........................MJ >>

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAaaaaaaah sh*t
    bobimage
    Registry: CC lowballs (boblindstrom), bobinvegas1989@yahoo.com
  • BlindedByEgoBlindedByEgo Posts: 10,754 ✭✭✭✭✭
    5-1 SF wins.
  • 4-0 giants
  • texas 10 - 7
  • mkman123mkman123 Posts: 6,849 ✭✭✭✭
    5-3 in Rangers favor. Thank you
    Successful Buying and Selling transactions with:

Many members on this forum that now it cannot fit in my signature. Please ask for entire list.
  • robkoolrobkool Posts: 5,934 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Texas 4
    Giants 2
  • robecrobec Posts: 6,581 ✭✭✭✭✭
    9-7 Giants. Thanks for the chance of winning an authentic Henway.image
  • DieClashDieClash Posts: 3,688 ✭✭✭
    4-1 Giants!
    "Please help us keep these boards professional and informative…. And fun." - DW
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    BONGO HURTLES ALONG THE RAIN SODDEN HIGHWAY OF LIFE ON UNDERINFLATED BALD RETREAD TIRES
  • Rangers 7 Giants 6
    Ilikacoinsawholebuncha
  • Texas 4
    Giants 3
    Positive:
    BST Transactions: DonnyJf, MrOrganic, Justanothercoinaddict, Fivecents, Slq, Jdimmick,
    Robb, Tee135, Ibzman350, Mercfan, Outhaul, Erickso1, Cugamongacoins, Indiananationals, Wayne Herndon

Negative BST Transactions:
  • lkeigwinlkeigwin Posts: 16,885 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rangers 2-0.
    Lance.
  • rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have no idea about the game...but since I have always wanted a henway, I will say 5-4 Rangers. Cheers, RickO
  • krankykranky Posts: 8,709 ✭✭✭
    6-3 Texas.

Congrats on your 10K, TD. The insights and experience you share here are most appreciated.

New collectors, please educate yourself before spending money on coins; there are people who believe that using numismatic knowledge to rip the naïve is what this hobby is all about.

• CaptHenwayCaptHenway Posts: 31,499 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>4-0 giants >>

Congratulations to Iceman! Dead one!

One Gem Proof-90+ Henway on its way via Shangri-La Airlines!

TD
    Numismatist. 50 year member ANA. Winner of four ANA Heath Literary Awards; three Wayte and Olga Raymond Literary Awards; Numismatist of the Year Award 2009, and Lifetime Achievement Award 2020. Winner numerous NLG Literary Awards.
    And now, for my 10,000th Bulletin, I would like to announce that after 37 years as a professional numismatist, I will be retiring from Harlan J. Berk, Ltd. sometime around the end of the year for reasons of declining health. Harlan has been wonderfully supportive of my physical needs and diminished abilities over the years, but it is time to go. I will remain available to the firm as a consultant for die varieties and authenticity, and perhaps a little writing. I will also continue to write for COINage and other venues in the future, and will continue to grace(?) these forums with my experience, my opinions and my bad jokes.
    I expect to be at the ANA convention here in Chicago next Summer if anybody wants to say Hi.
    Tom DeLorey
  • pmacpmac Posts: 3,189 ✭✭✭

<< <i>4-0 giants >>

Congrats on a perfect guess!
    Paul
    Tom, will this mean you will have time to post even more? I hope so!!! You are certaintly one of my top 100 favorite posters!image

Congrat's on your retirement and here's to better health.image You are da man..............MJ

<< <i>Tom, will this mean you will have time to post even more? I hope so!!! You are certaintly one of my top 100 favorite posters!image

Congrat's on your retirement and here's to better health.image You are da man..............MJ >>

Yep!
    Should hit 20,000 in about 90 days.........

• CiccioCiccio Posts: 1,405

<< <i>Tom, will this mean you will have time to post even more? I hope so!!! You are certaintly one of my top 100 favorite posters!image
    >>

That's what I was thinking! Bad for the collectors in Chicago, good for us here in the CU Forum!

Enjoy your well deserved retirement!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file