Home Precious Metals
Options

Mexico 1 oz Silver Libertads for $19.00 each?

I think I got a fair deal at work today. A Mexican co worker had 9 rolls of Libertads 5 were 2003s and 4 were 2005s. I bought the lot for $19.00 a coin he was sure happy to get the money too!. Now if I can flip them I might make a buck or two.
Many successful BST transactions ajia
(x2,Meltdown),cajun,Swampboy,SeaEagleCoins,InYHWHWeTrust, bstat1020,Spooly,timrutnat,oilstates200, vpr, guitarwes,
mariner67, and Mikes coins

Comments

• Options
    BarndogBarndog Posts: 20,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    derrybderryb Posts: 36,214 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Did they come with papers?

Give Me Liberty or Give Me Debt

• Options

<< <i>Did they come with papers? >>

nope just the silver coins but I think it was a fair deal anyway. I only got them for the silver not to collect them.
    (x2,Meltdown),cajun,Swampboy,SeaEagleCoins,InYHWHWeTrust, bstat1020,Spooly,timrutnat,oilstates200, vpr, guitarwes,
  • Options
    braddickbraddick Posts: 23,128 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Did they come with papers? >>

What? Do you think they're undocumented Libertads?

peacockcoins

• Options
    mkman123mkman123 Posts: 6,849 ✭✭✭✭
    LOL at braddick's comment.

Good buy!
    Successful Buying and Selling transactions with:

Many members on this forum that now it cannot fit in my signature. Please ask for entire list.
  • Options
    CladiatorCladiator Posts: 17,920 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You could sell those all day long at $25 each, likely more for the 2003's
  • Options
    roadrunnerroadrunner Posts: 28,303 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was calling around in the past week and the majority of buyers want to pay around spot for these. But then places like Apmex sell them for 10% premiums. Like the SAE's and Maples they are sovereign silver coins right from the mints. The Libertads are beautiful looking coins. The Onzas with the scale and balance on the reverse don't bring the same premium as the Libertads with the eagle on the reverse.

You should be able to make an easy 10-15%+ plus on those. Apmex charges $24.82 each for those in quantities of 100 for the commonest dates (82-85). For those later dates they are probably several bucks more. Nice buy!

roadrunner
    Barbarous Relic No More, LSCC -GoldSeek--shadow stats--SafeHaven--321gold
  • Options
    TWQGTWQG Posts: 3,145 ✭✭
    Nice grab at that price. The 2003 is a little tougher to find.
  • Options
    bestmrbestmr Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭
    OH! Very nice. I'd have bought all of them too if I could afford them.
    Positive dealing with oilstates2003, rkfish, Scrapman1077, Weather11am, Guitarwes, Twosides2acoin, Hendrixkat, Sevensteps, CarlWohlforth, DLBack, zug, wildjag, tetradrachm, tydye, NotSure, AgBlox, Seemyauction, Stopmotion, Zubie, Fivecents, Musky1011, Bstat1020, Gsa1fan several times, and Mkman123 LOTS of times
  • Options
    CaptHenwayCaptHenway Posts: 31,564 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Now, if a dealer bragged on here about buying them so far under spot, the screaming would be so loud.......
    Numismatist. 50 year member ANA. Winner of four ANA Heath Literary Awards; three Wayte and Olga Raymond Literary Awards; Numismatist of the Year Award 2009, and Lifetime Achievement Award 2020. Winner numerous NLG Literary Awards.
  • Options

<< <i>Now, if a dealer bragged on here about buying them so far under spot, the screaming would be so loud....... >>

I didn't buy them from a dealer! I got them from a Mexican undocumented co worker named Federico! We call him 4 o clock Fred as he always clocks out 1 hour early at 4 PM we suspect he does this to through off the timing of the INS raids at our company!
  • Options

<< <i>Now, if a dealer bragged on here about buying them so far under spot, the screaming would be so loud....... >>

I've noticed that too. There is a serious double standard.
  • Options
    WingsruleWingsrule Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭✭
    << Now, if a dealer bragged on here about buying them so far under spot, the screaming would be so loud....... >>

I'm not even a dealer and I agree with that. I won't get started on the Fred issue...
  • Options
    gecko109gecko109 Posts: 8,231

As much as I disdain dealers in general, you are totally correct sir.
  • Options
    OPAOPA Posts: 17,104 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I think I got a fair deal at work today. A Mexican co worker had 9 rolls of Libertads 5 were 2003s and 4 were 2005s. I bought the lot for $19.00 a coin he was sure happy to get the money too!. Now if I can flip them I might make a buck or two. >>

That may have been his SHTF PM bundle image
    "Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • Options
    CaptHenwayCaptHenway Posts: 31,564 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

I didn't buy them from a dealer! I got them from a Mexican undocumented co worker named Federico! We call him 4 o clock Fred as he always clocks out 1 hour early at 4 PM we suspect he does this to through off the timing of the INS raids at our company! >>

I did not say that you bought them from a dealer.
    Numismatist. 50 year member ANA. Winner of four ANA Heath Literary Awards; three Wayte and Olga Raymond Literary Awards; Numismatist of the Year Award 2009, and Lifetime Achievement Award 2020. Winner numerous NLG Literary Awards.
  • Options
    mkman123mkman123 Posts: 6,849 ✭✭✭✭
    there was a dealer in my old town that paid 3 below for generic and 2 below for ASEs.

I just chose not to go to him and went to the store that paid spot for generic and +1 for ASEs.

I hope Goingbroke was joking about the undocumented worker part......
    Successful Buying and Selling transactions with:

Many members on this forum that now it cannot fit in my signature. Please ask for entire list.