Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Jmhockey23's TTM & IP thread....Kurt Warner, Art Shell

Well it didn't take long for me to get hooked to this. I've sent out several TTMs in the last couple weeks. I'm working on getting the living Packers HOFers right now, but I've sent out a bunch of random TTMs to players I like as well. I got my first one back over the weekend and I'm pretty pumped about it.

Willie Davis signed my card. He also answered my question about who is the best player he'd seen and included a personalized 4x6 photo. Thanks Willie!!

Comments

• Options
    Nice to see a new addict (collector).
  • Options
    Couple new ones..

• Options
    MULLINS5MULLINS5 Posts: 4,517 ✭✭✭
    Modano has always been a good signer. Nice looking cards!
  • Options
    Had a pretty dry spell for bit there... but got a couple nice ones today!!

Included $35

Included $20

Sent custom cards, got letter they can't sign custom cards, but included this photo...I'll take it!
  • Options
    MBMiller25MBMiller25 Posts: 6,057 ✭✭
    Im loving the Pawn Stars picture you got back. Very nice of them to do that.

As for the Musial, that auto is just breaking my heart. I have been hearing that Stan is not doing great right now, but continuing to go into the office everyday and sign stuff for his fans. You can see on that auto, that the dexterity in his hands is failing him.
  • Options

<< <i>Im loving the Pawn Stars picture you got back. Very nice of them to do that.

As for the Musial, that auto is just breaking my heart. I have been hearing that Stan is not doing great right now, but continuing to go into the office everyday and sign stuff for his fans. You can see on that auto, that the dexterity in his hands is failing him. >>

I know, I was having the similar thoughts. He sent it back laser fast too. 8 days from my house and back.
  • Options
    Didn't notice this right away, but Paul also responded to my question.

• Options
    Few good ones today...

$5

Free! Didn't expect this one..

Free
  • Options
    Couple nice returns...

• Options

$5

• Options
    jswietonjswieton Posts: 2,870 ✭✭✭
    That is really cool that you got Romo and Yount TTM. I wonder why they chose your requests over all the others. I would love to hear what your secret is. I still have my fingers crossed that my Manning rc will come back signed.
  • Options

<< <i>That is really cool that you got Romo and Yount TTM. I wonder why they chose your requests over all the others. I would love to hear what your secret is. I still have my fingers crossed that my Manning rc will come back signed. >>

I was wondering the same thing. Some possibilities I came up with were: I'm from Wisconsin so Yount might be more apt to sign letters from Wisconsin (and I'm a Brewers fan), Romo is also originally from Wisconsin (similar reason possibly), I also was thinking complete dumb luck was how it worked out, lastly, I thought maybe it was my letters. I don't write very long letters, but I do personalize them and write very politely. Who knows?

I also have a request out to Manning that's been out for probably around a month now. Keeping my fingers crossed as well. I have to imagine at some point he is going to say this is too much to sign and stop.

Justin
  • Options

• Options
    Included a $50 donation in both. Didn't expect to get the Clemens back.

• Options
    All free TTM...

• Options
    thenavarrothenavarro Posts: 7,497 ✭✭✭
    You've got some nice returns so far. Congrats! Love the Ricky Watters'
    Buying US Presidential autographs
  • Options

Included $10, Sterling returned my check

Included $20
  • Options
    Few cool returns over the weekend

Sent $10, Brett returned my check

• Options

Sent a book that he ended up keeping and sent this instead. Doesn't bother me much.
  • Options
    ElemenopeoElemenopeo Posts: 2,577 ✭✭

Lots of great stuff here. Congrats!
  • Options
    jimradjimrad Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭
    Nice pick up on the Mitt Romney - future president of this fine country.
    Positive transactions with: Bkritz,Bosox1976,Brick,captainthreeputt,cpettimd,craigger,cwazzy,DES1984,Dboneesq,daddymc,Downtown1974,EAsports,EagleEyeKid,fattymacs,gameusedhoop,godblessUSA,goose3,KatsCards,mike22y2k,
    MULLINS5,1966CUDA,nam812,nightcrawler,OAKESY25,PowderedH2O,relaxed,RonBurgundy,samsgirl214,shagrotn77,swartz1,slantycouch,Statman,Wabittwax
  • Options
    Upon further review, it looks as though the Romo and Romney cards are autopen. Still pretty new to TTM and just learning the signs of an autopen.

Couple new ones this week Jeremy Roenick & Roger Craig.

Marker crapped out on this one.

• Options
    KnucklesKnuckles Posts: 2,512 ✭✭✭
    Wow, you're having great success on your TTM's. image
  • Options
    Got Rickey Jackson and Joe DeLamielleure back today. I recently have decided to pursue collecting NFL HOF rookie cards. Not going to be an easy task, but I'm gonna give it a whirl. I've sent out about 20 requests to HOFers that sign TTM in the last week or two.

• Options
    I got the Dan Hampton card from a SCN member. The other three are TTM returns.

• Options
    Couple nice returns today.

• Options
    Great Returns!! I have a question about Cunningham - PM sent
    Brian

• Options
    Few good returns today.

• Options
    Those are nice especially Bethea. I got my 1979 Campbell signed for free a couple years ago. For $10 you got two Betheas including his rookie nice.
  • Options
    Some good returns in the last couple days. Ended up getting a different card than the one I sent Greg Jennings, oh well.

• Options
    Nice looking Sayers!!!
  • Options
    Some nice returns in the last day or two. Ended up having to send Bruce Smith again to get his rookie signed. Dan Fouts has been hit or miss lately so it was nice to get him back.

• Options
    cubfan89cubfan89 Posts: 632 ✭✭✭
    These are great returns. I wish I knew your secret too. I do have a couple of questions though if you don't mind.

1. Did Mr. Stabler charge?
    2. What makes you believe the Romo is autopen?
    3. Why did you have to resend Bruce Smith the card?

Keep posting scans as this is a great thead!
  • Options

<< <i>These are great returns. I wish I knew your secret too. I do have a couple of questions though if you don't mind.

1. Did Mr. Stabler charge?
    2. What makes you believe the Romo is autopen?
    3. Why did you have to resend Bruce Smith the card?

Keep posting scans as this is a great thead! >>

1) I sent Stabler $10.
    2) It has some ink buildup at the end of the letters and some people who have gotten returns from Romo in the past had an identical signature.
    3) What I meant about resending to Smith was I had already sent him a couple cards, but not his rookie. That was prior to me deciding to start collecting NFL HOF rookies. So, I had to write him a second time to get my rookie signed.

Thanks!
  • Options
    Few more HOFer returns this week.

• Options
    Nice Autographs especially the Trippi.
  • Options
    Those are very nice! Did Mr. Moore charge to sign it?
  • Options

<< <i>Those are very nice! Did Mr. Moore charge to sign it? >>

I sent him $10
  • Options
    I believe today is the 90 day mark since I sent out my first TTM. I've really enjoyed this new hobby. Getting the mail will never be the same... To celebrate we have Fred Dean, Lawrence Taylor, and Mario Andretti.

• Options
    Got a few back today. Art Donovan, Raymond Berry, and Julian Edelman. Unfortunately, I had sent two rookie cards to Julian and got a different card back. Oh well.

• Options
    These returns keep getting better & better!

Is Donavon still free TTM?
    Did you send Edelman in c/o of New England?
  • Options
    DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭
    Nice returns ... Like the berry.
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • Options

<< <i>These returns keep getting better & better!

Is Donavon still free TTM?
    Did you send Edelman in c/o of New England? >>

I sent $25 to Donovan and yeah c/o NE.
  • Options
    Returns have been a little slow lately. I've been pretty busy and haven't gotten a lot out. Got Bednarik TTM. Got Blount from a SCN signing.

• Options
    That is a nice Bednarik. What does a low grade Bednarik usually run? I think it is a great one to get autographed.
  • Options

<< <i>That is a nice Bednarik. What does a low grade Bednarik usually run? I think it is a great one to get autographed. >>

I bought that one for $60, but I probably overpaid. I've been watching for one for a month or two and none came up for sale below like $90. Saw this one and decided to just jump on it. There hasn't been a recent auction for the card and I don't have VCP so all I know is the recent BIN prices.
  • Options
    I was pretty jacked to get the Warren Moon back, as it seemed his signing pattern was diminishing. The Willie Wood is my first ebay purchase since I started this hobby. I took a little bit of chance, as it's not authenticated, but I think it looks good (opinions welcomed). Definitely not as enjoyable as getting the autograph from the athlete.

• Options
    Nice Willie Wood. I bid on that exact card. I thought the price was a little too high.
  • Options
    Nice Moon! I have tried sending him TTM a couple time without any luck. He even gave you his full signature WTG!!!
  • Options
    gregm13gregm13 Posts: 5,798 ✭✭✭
    So you're the guy that outbid me on the Willie Wood - very nice pickup! I won a few of the other 63 Topps the seller had for sale (Huff, Nomellini and LeBaron). Did you also win the Larry Wilson rc from the same seller?

Rgs,

Greg M.
    Collecting vintage auto'd fb cards and Dan Marino cards!!

References:
    Onlychild, Ahmanfan, fabfrank, wufdude, jradke, Reese, Jasp, thenavarro
    E-Bay id: greg_n_meg