Home U.S. Coin Forum

Eisenhower Dollars are the most popular $1 coin ever minted :-) - Giveaway added

1235»

Comments

• << <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>WOW !!! And I thought the Morgans would be the most popular in the set registry... >>

If they were cheaper they would be >>

But then I would argue, if Saints were cheaper they'd be the most popular. Other collectors may argue for other series, and on and on. >>

No, you're 100% right IMO, most main stream series would be more popular then Ikes if they were priced the same which is popularity so much as it is accessibility. It would be like saying Mcdonalds is more popular then Mortans because more people eat there. Ikes popularity is a manifestation of their price and size & availability and make a great place to start for little kids and newbs.
  • <<I was re-reading through this thread (Lot's of Great information)
    and noticed something odd.

Herb, Where did the Mega Island go in the picture of your Type 2 Icon
    that comes up above your ProofArtworkonCircs handle?

Just a curious observation.

Terry >>

I don't know. I picked this icon from the standard set here. It should have been a clearer picture.
  • cladkingcladking Posts: 28,534 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i> It would be like saying Mcdonalds is more popular then Mortans because more people eat there. >>

Just because Ikes are a sandwich metal doesn't mean they aren't a real meal. image
    Tempus fugit.

• << <i><<I was re-reading through this thread (Lot's of Great information)
    and noticed something odd.

Herb, Where did the Mega Island go in the picture of your Type 2 Icon
    that comes up above your ProofArtworkonCircs handle?

Just a curious observation.

Terry >>

I don't know. I picked this icon from the standard set here. It should have been a clearer picture. >>

Herb,
    Your picture looks pretty clear. I thought it was from a coin you own
    The reason I ask is there have been a few Ike's found lately with some rather "strange earths".
    I found a Silver business strike Ike with no Mega Island and no Yucatan peninsula that I am using for an Icon
    on another forum. image

Terry

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file