Home Precious Metals
Options

Does anyone have a chart that shows what x face silver is worth based on spot?

Thought it would be handy if someone had a chart showing say

silver $17.00/oz pay 11x face
silver $17.50/oz pay 11.5x face
silver $18.00/oz pay 12x face

and so on. I hope you get the idea and if you have a chart it would be much appreciated!

Thanks,

TN

Comments

• Options
    OPAOPA Posts: 17,104 ✭✭✭✭✭
    "Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • Options
    mkman123mkman123 Posts: 6,849 ✭✭✭✭
    I just go to coinflation and look at the melt value every so often. Now they have a calculator in which you can play around with which is very nice.
    Successful Buying and Selling transactions with:

Many members on this forum that now it cannot fit in my signature. Please ask for entire list.
  • Options
    Thanks guys!
  • Options
    jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,380 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can make your own customized chart in Excel. I've got one for the various silver alloys, including values for single coins and rolls. I then added my inventory of silver to the chart and voila! All I do is plug a spot price for silver and the whole thing updates instantly.
    Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.
  • Options
    PerryHallPerryHall Posts: 45,441 ✭✭✭✭✭
    What are dealers currently paying for 900 fine US silver coins?

Worry is the interest you pay on a debt you may not owe.

• Options
    InYHWHWeTrustInYHWHWeTrust Posts: 1,448 ✭✭✭
    Can't remember when but it got stuck in my head that 14 90% dimes were close to an ounce of silver, so that when silver is $14/ oz, the dimes are $1.00 each, making it 10x face

Then I add or subtract $1.40 to $14.00, to get 11x or 9x $15.40 ~ 11 x and $12.60 ~ 9x

So the very rough chart in my head is as I got tired of looking up on Coinflation...

10 x is about 14.00/oz
    11 x is about 15.40/oz
    12 x is about 16.80/oz
    13 x is about 18.20/oz

and I haven't bought any over 11.5x (after rebates) this year, most 10.5 to 11x. Getting close to filling that shoebox... but that dang thing seems to keep getting bigger the more Ag I add to it.

Would love to be able to subtract that 1.40 from 10x in future purchases, but I had not bought silver close to melt since getting back into coins ca. 2003. When it really dipped in 2008 I was watching, but 90% on ebaY still didn't get much below 8 or 9x face. Most silver I bought came with an unbelievable numismatic premium, but still a hungry market. And I love the series (circ Barber halves).

If this is way off, please let me know so I don't mislead anyone... image
    Do your best to avoid circular arguments, as it will help you reason better, because better reasoning is often a result of avoiding circular arguments.
  • Options
    dontippetdontippet Posts: 2,586 ✭✭✭✭
    You are correct. The calculation is spot x face value x .715. There is .715 ounces of silver in $1 face of coins. Actually, the true number is .722. If you find uncirculated coins, they will have .722 ounces of silver per face. Some of your olders mercs and barbers can be .700 or even lower due to their wear.
    > [Click on this link to see my ebay listings.](https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nkw=&_in_kw=1&_ex_kw=&_sacat=0&_udlo=&_udhi=&_ftrt=901&_ftrv=1&_sabdlo=&_sabdhi=&_samilow=&_samihi=&_sadis=15&_stpos=61611&_sargn=-1&saslc=1&_salic=1&_fss=1&_fsradio=&LH_SpecificSeller=1&_saslop=1&_sasl=mygirlsthree3&_sop=12&_dmd=1&_ipg=50&_fosrp=1)
    >

Successful transactions on the BST boards with rtimmer, coincoins, gerard, tincup, tjm965, MMR, mission16, dirtygoldman, AUandAG, deadmunny, thedutymon, leadoff4, Kid4HOF03, BRI2327, colebear, mcholke, rpcolettrane, rockdjrw, publius, quik, kalinefan, Allen, JackWESQ, CON40, Griffeyfan2430, blue227, Tiggs2012, ndleo, CDsNuts, ve3rules, doh, MurphDawg, tennessebanker, and gene1978.
  • Options
    mkman123mkman123 Posts: 6,849 ✭✭✭✭
    inyhwh, your numbers are pretty correct.
    Successful Buying and Selling transactions with:

Many members on this forum that now it cannot fit in my signature. Please ask for entire list.
  • Options
    gecko109gecko109 Posts: 8,231

<< <i>Thought it would be handy if someone had a chart showing say

silver $17.00/oz pay 11x face
    silver $17.50/oz pay 11.5x face
    silver $18.00/oz pay 12x face

and so on. I hope you get the idea and if you have a chart it would be much appreciated!

Thanks,

TN >>

Why would you need a "chart" when you can just multiply current spot price by .715? image