Home Sports Talk
Options

Pujols and HGH

Please discuss.

Comments

• Options
    Don't really follow Poo-Holes but I would like to think that he isnt on the stuff . Baseball has been tarnished
    because of the stuff . Most of the big homerun hitters of the last 10-12 years or so have been linked .

You dont need HGH to be a big homerun hitter . All you need is hot dogs , beer and women.........Just ask The Babe.
    A collector of all things Braves
    Always looking for Chipper Jones cards.
    Im a very focused collector of cards from 1909 - 2012...LOL
  • Options
    TNP777TNP777 Posts: 5,711 ✭✭✭
    I hope he isn't but wouldn't be at all surprised if he (or any other ballplayer) has used or is using it - and when I say that, I really mean ANY ballplayer, including Mr. Butler. Too many Benjamins at stake, and careers can be cut short at any time.

BTW, it's been too long since this young lady made an appearance.

• Options
    csmtampacsmtampa Posts: 1,828
    tons
  • Options
    RoarIn84RoarIn84 Posts: 859 ✭✭
    Baseball has been tarnished since 1888 when Thayer had his 'hero' Casey smearing beer on his bat, thinking it was helping him perform better...... and guess what.... when he stopped using it, he struck out. The message was sent: cheat or lose... From PEDs to pine tar, and cork to Crisco, this is the most infamous game in history! I LOVE IT!!!!!

• Options
    gemintgemint Posts: 6,069 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don't even mention that. Some people have their entire life savings plowed into Pooholes Cards.
  • Options
    nightcrawlernightcrawler Posts: 5,110 ✭✭

fanowutdangles aint gonna like what yooz guys is sayin about Pooholes.
  • Options
    thunderdanthunderdan Posts: 3,036 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I hope he isn't but wouldn't be at all surprised if he (or any other ballplayer) has used or is using it - and when I say that, I really mean ANY ballplayer, including Mr. Butler. Too many Benjamins at stake, and careers can be cut short at any time.

BTW, it's been too long since this young lady made an appearance.

image >>

Thank you, Geordie. I haven't had popcorn in a while.

• Options
    I believe Pujols is clean. Some of you probably feel the same way. Some of you probably don't. Should be the length of the discussion unless...

A. You are Pujols.
    B. You injected him.

Just my 2 cents.
  • Options
    yankeeno7yankeeno7 Posts: 9,242 ✭✭✭
    Are there any Dominicans from his era who have NOT used PEDS? He just hasnt been caught and may be smart enough to never let that happen. He grew up in a time where PEDS was rampant in D.R. and in poverty, you do what ever you can to get an edge so you can get out of that situation. Lots of hard work? yes, of course. PEDS to help you along? When he was growing up, I would say yes, of course again.
  • Options
    nightcrawlernightcrawler Posts: 5,110 ✭✭

Ya well I can tell you for sure, I did not inject him, maybe some chimp did... I dunno??? But not I.
  • Options
    That girl eating the popcorn has very large lips, and yes, Albert and many Latin Americans are users.
  • Options
    theczartheczar Posts: 1,590 ✭✭
    fanowutdangles aint gonna like what yooz guys is sayin about Pooholes.

yup. you are questioning his god, and on a Sunday no less. i would love it if there were never another pujols thread again. that includes topics including but not limited to him being juiced, his rookie card sets, whining about him not winning an MVP, him winning the MVP, guessing his stats for this season or any season, where he will end up in free agency and his talent compared to A-Rod, Hanley Ramirez, Ted Willams, Babe Ruth or Ryan Howard.

the same people who will start threads about being sick of the world cup will think nothing of constantly starting new threads about pujols. they remind me of women when they have their first kid and want to shove hoards of baby pictures down your throat in a work environment. or these geeks who talk about their fantasy football teams in leagues that you have no idea what the rules are or who the other owners are.

pujols groupies--THE REST OF US GET. YOU WANT TO SNIFF HIS JOCK, YOU WANT TO HAVE HIS BABIES, YOU THINK HIS BUTT IS CUTE IN A TIGHT UNIFORM. the rest of us don't.

I have lived in St. Louis all of my life and this is not opinion, it is a fact. Stan will always be the MAN, and Pujols will always have questions surrounding him about PED's. And if Pujols leaves town he will show what he really thinks of Cardinal fans.
  • Options
    sportscardtheorysportscardtheory Posts: 1,786 ✭✭✭
    I think he is clean, but I have been wrong before. I thought Alex Rodriguez was a clean player.
  • Options
    Honestly though who really cares. DOes it affect everyone, we spend more time worrying about or sports heros and what goes into their bodies etc than trying to plug a fricking hole in the ocean. I mean really.
  • Options

<< <i>Honestly though who really cares. DOes it affect everyone, we spend more time worrying about or sports heros and what goes into their bodies etc than trying to plug a fricking hole in the ocean. I mean really. >>

You mean this isn't the "plug the hole in the ocean" forum? Damn. Where is that forum anyway?
  • Options
    thenavarrothenavarro Posts: 7,497 ✭✭✭
    I could watch this all day

Buying US Presidential autographs
  • Options
    CrimsonTiderCrimsonTider Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭
    I would just like to say three things

1. Not only is Pujhols the cleanest player in the history of the game, he will also be the greatest player and you fools cannot stand that simple FACT! I capitalized the word fact just to prove a point because most of you morons can't read well!

2. You idiots who are not buying his rare rookies now while they are only in the 1000's will be crying in your stale rotten cajun beer when they are worth 100,000's in 15 years!!!!! I use the ! only to reinforce my FACTS!!!!!

3. I will be the first one to rub my fortune in your face yelling I TOLD YOU SO!!!!!

4. I would not trade any of my Sir Albert cards for any lesser player like Mantle (over-rated drunk like some of the other posters here!!! You know whom I talking about!!!!!! and in case you don't ( Bite me barf and gag one your miscuts!!)) or that fat azz Babe.

5. When Albert retires he will be the first player who is inducted before the five years exclusion and his cards will 10x in value!!!!!

6. Advise is what the wise doesn't need and the fool won't take. That applies here, I need no advise but for you fools here, buy albert now while he is cheap. I doubt that you fools will except such advise.

7. I better be the next DBOTW!
    collecting Dale Murphy and OPC
  • Options
    I would just like to say three things

1. Not only is Pujhols the cleanest player in the history of the game, he will also be the greatest player and you fools cannot stand that simple FACT! I capitalized the word fact just to prove a point because most of you morons can't read well!

2. You idiots who are not buying his rare rookies now while they are only in the 1000's will be crying in your stale rotten cajun beer when they are worth 100,000's in 15 years!!!!! I use the ! only to reinforce my FACTS!!!!!

3. I will be the first one to rub my fortune in your face yelling I TOLD YOU SO!!!!!

4. I would not trade any of my Sir Albert cards for any lesser player like Mantle (over-rated drunk like some of the other posters here!!! You know whom I talking about!!!!!! and in case you don't ( Bite me barf and gag one your miscuts!!)) or that fat azz Babe.

5. When Albert retires he will be the first player who is inducted before the five years exclusion and his cards will 10x in value!!!!!

6. Advise is what the wise doesn't need and the fool won't take. That applies here, I need no advise but for you fools here, buy albert now while he is cheap. I doubt that you fools will except such advise.

7. I better be the next DBOTW!

8. Eat me if you dislike double posts!
  • Options
    otwcardsotwcards Posts: 5,291 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I could watch this all day

image >>

That's sad Mike . . . Really sad in a perverse, yet hopeless kinda way. Perhaps you should be a pompous old man like myself, shaking your fists in the air at all the young, long-hairs and their loud rock-and-roll music.

You could do that, sit there watching Ms. Coochie-roller, or invite the neighbors over to the pool, fire up the grill for a good old summertime BBQ and pump some CCR through the stereo. Not much better in this world that bikinis and BBQ sauce...
  • Options
    vladguerrerovladguerrero Posts: 4,077 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Are there any Dominicans from his era who have NOT used PEDS? >>

Vladdy McDaddy
  • Options
    SoFLPhillyFanSoFLPhillyFan Posts: 3,931 ✭✭

<< <i>5. When Albert retires he will be the first player who is inducted before the five years exclusion and his cards will 10x in value!!!!!

>>

You'll want to check on Roberto Clemente first. He was voted into the HOF in 1973.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>5. When Albert retires he will be the first player who is inducted before the five years exclusion and his cards will 10x in value!!!!!

>>

You'll want to check on Roberto Clemente first. He was voted into the HOF in 1973. >>

I would not say that Clemente "retired" so to speak in the traditional sense.
  • Options
    SoFLPhillyfan, WHATEVER!!! You make no sense what so ever! Your just a pujhools hatter and face the MUSIC!!!!! And you like the Phillies which makes your even less valid!!!!!!!

Hows my DBOTW progressing?
  • Options
    A better thread than this would be " How many triple crowns will Albert win?" but that is an easy question to answer, 7. how does that feel hatters? Hurts doesn't it!!!!!!!!!!!!

I can feel your jealousnessness from here.
  • Options
    Just did an Ebay search for Albert Pujhuols and there was over 8900 items for sale of his. Would there be that many if he was on HGH, NO. I think that ends this silly debate!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If he was on HGH, there would only be like 57 items!
  • Options
    CrimsonTider, for your sake, I hope you are not being serious with all this.
  • Options
    Sarcasm . . . It's sad when so many don't understand it.
  • Options
    mknezmknez Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I would just like to say three things

! >>

I like it.

------
    stupid print dots

• Options
    AlbertdiditAlbertdidit Posts: 560 ✭✭✭
    Do any of you remember the Nike commercial with Albert in that skin tight shirt? If theres anyone who doesnt think he hasnt done HGH and or steriods they must not have seen that. Combine that with the outrageous stats and everyone else already caught or we all know did it.

Search your hearts people what are the chances he is clean? I know god loves albert alot but i dont think him alone could have helped him this much
  • Options

<< <i>Do any of you remember the Nike commercial with Albert in that skin tight shirt? If theres anyone who doesnt think he hasnt done HGH and or steriods they must not have seen that. Combine that with the outrageous stats and everyone else already caught or we all know did it.

Search your hearts people what are the chances he is clean? I know god loves albert alot but i dont think him alone could have helped him this much >>

Most if not all PED users have valleys and peaks in their careers due to their usage. Pujols' numbers have been EXTREMELY consistent throughout his career, besides the gradual increase in OBP and BB which is usually what happens when a player gets older/wiser. You really believe that Pujols has been on PEDs since the start of the 2001 season? If not, then point out in his career where you believe he didn't use or a point where he started.
  • Options
    anyone whos been at any of the gyms i go to that are on steriods all have the bulk and definition that he has
  • Options

<< <i>anyone whos been at any of the gyms i go to that are on steriods all have the bulk and definition that he has >>

Well, there is the proof we needed. Better contact ESPN with your breaking story.
  • Options
    SoFLPhillyFanSoFLPhillyFan Posts: 3,931 ✭✭

<< <i>Hows my DBOTW progressing? >>

Oh don't worry.

You had us at Alabama.
  • Options
    You had us at (National Champions) Alabama.

I added two words, and if this were 1996, I would telling you that the Braves were the defending World Series champions too, but inlight of the 2008 season, I will let that one go.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>anyone whos been at any of the gyms i go to that are on steriods all have the bulk and definition that he has >>

Well, there is the proof we needed. Better contact ESPN with your breaking story. >>

well its the most likely conclusion
  • Options
    I was of the opinion that I was able to answer the Albert HGH question with my Ebay search. I posted the results ealier in this thread.
  • Options

<< <i>

! >>

Every players cards either go down in value when they retire or stay about the same.

Look at a Beckett from say the last year the Jordan, Ripken, Puckett, Marino, Montana, Jerry Rice, Elway ect ect played and look at the prices then and now.

• Options
    Don't let facts interfere with my opinion!
  • Options
    Nothing wrong with your opinion. I just never saw such a case happen in the past thats all. Maybe it will be a first
  • Options
    How much was Babe Ruth's rookie worth when he retired? How much was Mickey Mantle's rookie worth? What was th US debt when Ruth retired? Ask me now what the answer is to all 3 of these question

What is Babe's rookie worth now? about half of what a auto'ed chrome Pojlos rookie

What is a Mantle rookie worth now? about a third of what an auto'ed pulhos rookies

What is the current debt level of the US? Well I am not sure, but if the Bamster had 7 auto'ed poolhoses we would no longer have any debt!

Those are all FACTS
  • Options
    72skywalker72skywalker Posts: 1,539 ✭✭✭

<< <i>How much was Babe Ruth's rookie worth when he retired? How much was Mickey Mantle's rookie worth? What was th US debt when Ruth retired? Ask me now what the answer is to all 3 of these question

What is Babe's rookie worth now? about half of what a auto'ed chrome Pojlos rookie

What is a Mantle rookie worth now? about a third of what an auto'ed pulhos rookies

What is the current debt level of the US? Well I am not sure, but if the Bamster had 7 auto'ed poolhoses we would no longer have any debt!

Those are all FACTS >>

Remember kids...stay off drugs. See Exhibit A above
    Collecting Yankees and vintage Star Wars
  • Options
    well the ruth and mantle examples have nothing to do with today. cards werent worth anything back then

Look at every star athelete who has retired in say last 25 years. Are any of thier cards worth 10x as much as when they were in thier prime?

Every single one is at or below level of prime. Maybe a few examples of a very slight increase.

• Options
    Just admit that all of you hate Albert Pojhols.
  • Options
    It must be a fun ride because there are a lot of people in line.

Now I understand why there are so many issues when I say something tongue-in-cheek. Some people just don't know sarcasm or when they're being had...

• Options
    SDavidSDavid Posts: 1,584 ✭✭

<< <i>It must be a fun ride because there are a lot of people in line.

Now I understand why there are so many issues when I say something tongue-in-cheek. Some people just don't know sarcasm or when they're being had... >>

Or maybe crimson and albert are the same person? That would mean you've been had!
  • Options

<< <i>Just admit that all of you hate Albert Pojhols. >>

I actually think Albert is amazing. I dont hate him at all. Its awesome to watch him play. I just think he is the greatest HGH/Steriod user of all time with Arod coming in at a close 2nd.
  • Options
    fkwfkw Posts: 1,766 ✭✭

<< <i>How much was Babe Ruth's rookie worth when he retired? How much was Mickey Mantle's rookie worth? What was th US debt when Ruth retired? Ask me now what the answer is to all 3 of these question

Those are all FACTS >>

Crimson, thanks for the laugh, and April 1st is far off. image

BTW IMO if it sounds like a duck..... it probably is.

Pujols has the stereotypical look of someone who has had help.......... and that will not change, ever.
    He can deny, but no one really knows but him.
    He did come here (US) and go to a JC in the late 1990s, and thats a major reason I think he has done something. A player from his background trying to make it will do anything he thinks might help. JC baseball in the 90's was a hotbed for PEDs..... guys wanting to make it to next level will do anything, Ive seen it first hand.
  • Options

<< <i>

Now I understand why there are so many issues when I say something tongue-in-cheek. Some people just don't know sarcasm or when they're being had... >>

Or maybe crimson and albert are the same person? That would mean you've been had! >>

well crimson thinks albert is 100% clean and i dont and in another thread crimson thinks his cards will go up 10x more when he inducted to HOF and i feel they will be worth about the same or a little lower then in his prime.

we def not the same person. look at way he writes and way i do. not same person
  • Options
    Exactly, I use complete sentences.
  • Options

<< <i>

Or maybe crimson and albert are the same person? That would mean you've been had! >>

Not speaking of Albertdidit . . .